Why no boy themed character meals?!?!

limabeanmom2003

Wilderness Lodge Memories
I know this has been discussed before, but why are there no boy themed character meals? I would love a Toy Story character meal! Disney could even do a Pixar movies character meal and have Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Incdredibles, etc. make appearances. This would attract boys and girls. I think this type of character meal would be a huge hit and I just wonder why it isn't an option. Didn't they try something like this with princes around mother's day last year? What do ya'll think?

I have three young boys and I think that it is ridiculous that Disney does not offer one for the boys. It is totally unfair. I bet that there will be another stinkin princess character meal before there will ever be a boys! My vote is for a Star Wars character meal but we will take a Toy Story one. My boys are very excited about US/IOA because they actually do have a boys character meal with Spiderman!! How cool is that!!

I agree totally! I was looking for something for my grandson...and...zip! :sad2:

Disney just bought Pixar. I think you'll see a Toy Story meal soon. :earsboy:

They actually WERE going to have a Toy Story breakfast... but after lots of research and polling, the Playhouse Disney characters won by a landslide. So, starting June 15th, Hollywood & Vine at the Disney-MGM Studios will have "Play 'n Dine" breakfast and lunch with all the Playhouse Disney characters.

Chip 'n Dale Express said:
They actually WERE going to have a Toy Story breakfast... but after lots of research and polling, the Playhouse Disney characters won by a landslide. So, starting June 15th, Hollywood & Vine at the Disney-MGM Studios will have "Play 'n Dine" breakfast and lunch with all the Playhouse Disney characters.
No Offense Tyler, but it makes me wonder who Disney polled?

I have a 2 yo DD and when I asked her if she wanted to eat with JoJo , she immediately said NO! Plus I'm already subjecting my 8 yo DS to a Princess Dinner, I couldn't ask him to eat with Jo Jo too.

A Toy Story or Monsters Inc, or even a Star Wars meal would have pleased them both.

I do believe in Disneys eyes , boys are second class!

I concur! Our next trip is supposed to be my son's special trip (because his sister got one for her kindy graduation, now we're going for his) so I really wish there were a dinner/breakfast/etc. with some of his favorite characters! I'm sure the Incredibles, Toy Story, or Star Wars would be a HUGE hit.

I cannot believe that Playhouse Disney won over Pixar!!! Who did they poll? I've seen nothing but negative comments. They aren't even that great of Playhouse Disney characters either. With Disney buying Pixar you would think they would want to capitalize on it!!!

I would love to see some type of Pirates theme meal!!! Not for the kids but for myself. Maybe a BBQ type buffett, where you eat everything with your hands, maybe even a dinner show similar to Medevil Times but with pirates. :goodvibes

They could do a meal with power rangers at MGM or Buzz and Woody, it would be great to include the boys in special meals too !! :grouphug:

It is so sad that I have a huge assortment of princess options (I have a 3 yr old princess: ) and my poor boys (10 and 6) are sick of Crystal Palace (pooh and guys) -well not really sick of, we all still love it, but it would be great to have something for the boys!!! Pirates, Star Wars, Monsters Inc. , even a tour of the stunt show that just opened in MGM, I could think of a million things for boys-but nothing!!!!

I did book them on the Pirate Cruise out of the GF, which I hope my 10 yr old will deal w/! LOL

Come on Disney what about the boys!!! :yay:

wifey said:
They could do a meal with power rangers at MGM or Buzz and Woody, it would be great to include the boys in special meals too !! :grouphug:

I don't think I love my boys enough to sit through a Power Rangers meal. I mean I love my boys alot, but that would be above and beyond what I could take. :teeth:

I am surprised that Disney went with the playhouse disney theme vs. a toy story theme. Playhouse disney characters like JoJo and Goliath only reach a certain age of child (maybe 4 and under?) . In fact, my 3 year old doesn't even like JoJo and Goliath anymore. A pixar or toy story character breakfast would appeal to a much broader age group - my 3 yr old loves buzz and woody! Plus, as a parent, I would prefer a toy story breakfast. Come on Disney, give boys some options too! Don't get me wrong, I am not jealous of the parents who get up at the crack of dawn to make ADR for Cindy's. If toy story is popular enough to have an attraction at MK (and rumors indicate that other pixar movies will have attractions there soon) then why not a character meal also? I really think it would be a hit!

Here's my idea......since chef mickey's is at CR featuring Mickey and the gang and the character breakfast at poly is also mickey and friends, why not make the Polynesian breakfast character meal toy story themed. It's never crowded there anyway - I think most people do chef mickey's instead. I know the theme wouldn't fit the polynesian, but so what. Ohana doesn't do a character dinner, so it would only be breakfast with toy story characters. I think this would bring in more guests to breakfast at the polynesian. I know we would go!!!

My DH is not surprised that Playhouse Disney won out over Toy STory. He said it's because Playhouse characters are contemporary and will reach more people.

limabeanmom2003 said:
Here's my idea......since chef mickey's is at CR featuring Mickey and the gang and the character breakfast at poly is also mickey and friends, why not make the Polynesian breakfast character meal toy story themed. It's never crowded there anyway - I think most people do chef mickey's instead. I know the theme wouldn't fit the polynesian, but so what. Ohana doesn't do a character dinner, so it would only be breakfast with toy story characters. I think this would bring in more guests to breakfast at the polynesian. I know we would go!!!

The Poly breakfast has Lilo and Stitch (along with Mickey I think) and that is the reason must people go there. I thought the Stitch breakie would fill at least a bit of the "no boys" problems. I know girls like Stitch too, but isn't he more of a boy character?

BTW - Girls would love Toy Story, Monsters Inc, the Incredibles too. I can't think of a character group that would only appeal to boys. Can anyone else?

limabeanmom2003 said:
I am surprised that Disney went with the playhouse disney theme vs. a toy story theme. Playhouse disney characters like JoJo and Goliath only reach a certain age of child (maybe 4 and under?) .

I'm almost positive they went with this as part of their new program "Magical Beginnings" to reach families w/kids under age 5. Looks like that is going to be their focus in the near future.

I'm still hoping for a Disney VILLIANS meal/show!! We went offsite last trip to the Medieval Times dinner (awesome!) to find something geared towards my boys (now ages 10 and 14 and my Dneice age 17) otherwise we never leave property...Disney lost almost $150 on us eating there instead of on property. I also wish they would expand their souvenir selection of vilians gear....all they really have is the one store at MGM...not enough of a selection for us!

As for the boys, esp teen boys....my 14 yr old DS is NOT coming with us this trip...has no interest (even with the big rides!!)...my 10 yr old DS is already eyeing US/IOA (we went before stayed at Hard Rock Hotel..awesome for boys!) for all the 'villian-like' characters.

Don't get me wrong, we ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Magic, just wish there was a little more mixed in for the boys (Goofy and Donald can only last so long!)

Honestly? Things are only 'boy' things if you tell them they are. My son loved his 1900 GF Cinderella Dinner.

And Chef Mickey's, the Polynesian, and Crystal Palace offer characters that couldn't be considered anything byut gender neutral. I believe GF breakfast does too.

I don't see anything wrong with Disney offering more princess themed meals - boys have seen princess themed movies too. There are plenty of character meals out there that all children can enjoy!

limabeanmom2003 said:

!!!! We always do the Poly character breakfast, and its always completely booked when we do it. We've waited 40 minutes past our ADR time to get seated. Don't know where you are getting "its never crowded there anyway."

Kitka said:
Honestly? Things are only 'boy' things if you tell them they are. My son loved his 1900 GF Cinderella Dinner.

Honestly, there is a natural, obvious difference between boys and girls. I've never told my boys that they can't play with Barbie Dolls or dress up like Cinderella, but geesh....do they actually WANT to?? They go to female cousin's houses and there are Barbies and dress up and they can play away all they'd like, I don't find anything wrong with boys playing with dolls, etc.....but THEY choose not to. I wish my boys would want to go to a princess meal (besides wanting to gawk at them because they are good-lookin'!) because I think I would enjoy it...but they are boys through and through......what is wrong for wanting a meal where boys can dress like Rangers or Soldiers and rub elbows with their heroes (as a female I would LOVE this!)

We love doing the character meals with Mickey and Goofy, but to be amongst the villians or heroes would be awesome! And for the record, I'd take my daughter, too if she wanted to go (if I had one!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter