Why is the Coranado Springs Resort so overlooked on this board?

disneykindofgal

Earning My Ears
I think it looks wonderful and now I'm very interested in possibly staying there. You don't see many reviews on it on the boards. Everything is Poly this and that and lots of others but no Coronado Springs mentioned. Is it because of some mentioning that they hold conventions there? It looks very family oriented to me there. I don't think it was built for conventions, just so happens most people I guess prefer to book there for some reason. I'm might be reconsidering my reservations for CSR, IF.......................hubby ever gets home from work. It is now 8:40 pm. Probably won't call now until tomorrow. :mad:

We love CSR so much we changed our reservations from CR to CSR for our upcoming trip. We were impressed with the efficiency of the bus service while we were there last Christmas. We never waited longer than 5 to 10 minutes for any bus. The buses were never crowded at any time of day. We also loved the selection of food at the Pepper Market. The service was excellent so we did'nt mind paying the 10% gratuity. The dig site and pool are awesome. Some complain about how big CSR is and how much walking there is, but you can ride a bus to any area of the resort. We stayed at Ranchos 7A and would ride any theme park bus to El Centro to eat breakfast every morning and then leave there to go to the parks. We can't wait to get back there in 2 weeks.

Everything goes in cycles. Right now, you may not be seeing posts for CSR but that doesn't mean there is anything "wrong" with it. It is the newest of the moderates and the fact that it was built to host conventions (it has a convention center on-site) is a plus. It has more amenities than the other moderates -- including a workout room. Most of the deluxe resorts at WDW also have convention centers so that is not really a negative. You are also correct that every Disney hotel also caters to families.

If you like the look of CSR, stick with it. It's a terrific resort.

Originally posted by disneykindofgal
I think it looks wonderful and now I'm very interested in possibly staying there. You don't see many reviews on it on the boards. Everything is Poly this and that and lots of others but no Coronado Springs mentioned. Is it because of some mentioning that they hold conventions there? It looks very family oriented to me there. I don't think it was built for conventions, just so happens most people I guess prefer to book there for some reason. I'm might be reconsidering my reservations for CSR, IF.......................hubby ever gets home from work. It is now 8:40 pm. Probably won't call now until tomorrow. :mad:

Just wait until you eat at the Pepper Market and find that a 10% gratuity is added automatically to your bill!

Coronado Springs was designed for business folks, not for families. ::yes::

You don't have to pay the gratuity if you take the food outside and eat it (understandably most folks don't want to take the food outside).

I'm sure the business folks love that freakin' big playground they have up at the main pool.

DS 10 and I where there in Sept 2003, We both loved it, especially the Dig Site. There was a convention going on and you never noticed it except early in the morning when all the people where heading to the convention hall. Pepper Market was great and where ever you go you always leave a tip so the 10% graduity was no bigger. Go to CSR and enjoy you will love it. The bues are great too, they are on time and not over crowed at all.

54262722.jpg

I stayed at the CSR a few years ago with my best friend. She and I really enjoyed ourselves, especially in that glorious swimming pool at midnight. Ahhhhhh... I can still remember how wonderful that pool water felt on our tired bodies (we had been dancing up a storm in the Atlantic Dance Hall and our feet were killing us that night). I can't wait to stay at that resort again.

I felt the same way after my first visit to CSR in 1997. That's why I created my CSR website below to gelp guests see the beauty in CSR. It's a great resort and the best moderate.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Coronado Springs was designed for business folks, not for families.
I disagree. The Pepper Market is an awesome palce to eat. It is not a food court like you local mall or other resorts. You are seat by a host or hostess, a server will take you drink orders and bring you refills and any condiments you want as well as bus your table.

You can order steak and potatoes, great mexican dishes (try the wet burritto, its huge), Chinese, Italian and there is also a kids station. i don't think you can get a steak at any other food court at WDW.

Well worth the 10%.

Decide for yourself.

Stayed at CSR last week and absolutely loved it! It is a beautiful resort with a great pool and playground area. There are lots of ducks and bunnies that like to be fed by hand...a big plus for small children. It is quite spread out but that just adds to its beauty. I loved my walk to breakfast at the Pepper Market every morning. The CMs were very friendly and the employees in the Pepper Market were very gracious and definitely deserved the 10% add-on tip...I didn't mind paying it at all. I just wish I were there now!

I was disappointed by CS. I've stayed there twice and both times I could hear people in the rooms around us at night and in the morning. It was like the walls were paper thin! It struck me all around as being built "cheap" and didn't have the charm of the other moderates...

I too am now a fan of CSR.

I thought the walk from Ranchos area (we liked the theming of this section of CSR) to el centro was enjoyable.

Bus system was excellent.

Pepper Market was fantastic.

Dig site was great! Wish I had more time there to enjoy it. I'll be back there but not before I try other the others too.

We will be staying at CSR for the second time next week. Can't wait!

Last year, we went expecting to see many business people and a few families. Well, we found the exact opposite - we saw a few business people, and many families! :D

I haven't really noticed much conversation about CSR on here either until today.....and I had completely overlooked this beautiful resort!

I'm so glad everyone is sharing their experiences.

Buzz, your site helped me decide that this resort is at the top of the list for our next WDW stay. Thanks.

Karen

We absolitely love CSR! WE visited in June 2002 stayed in the Ranchos. Loved the secluded feeling of the Ranchos. Grounds were beautiful, everything was clean! Our room was very nice as well. Service in guest services, food court and just all around the resort was great. Soooo...we decided to go back to CSR in May 2004. This time was even better. We requested Casitas, had a beautiful 3rd floor king room in building 5 with a perfect view of the lake. This was a surprise honeymoon upgrade as we didn't ask for the king or the view. The grounds seemed even more beautiful this trip. The pepper market was great! We didn't care for it our first trip but gave it another shot this time and loved it! The main pool is so much fun, and the quiet pool was always empty.
People sometimes say CSR isn't as Disney-like b/c they got conventioners but I have to tell you. Both of our trips were in regular season, definitely crowded. When we have stayed anywhere else this time of year, the food court is crowded, the pools are crowded, the buses are crowded...everything is crowded. Both visits to CSR were not like that. Maybe b/c those conventioners everyone seems to dislike take up some rooms, but they don't make much use of the food court, pools, and buses. We never had to wait more than 5 min for a bus and we were never standing. The CSR buses were never totally packed like we experienced at CBR and ***. Most of all for us, as we were honeymooning in May 2004, you could walk around the lake at almost anytime of day and it is very relaxed and quiet. There just aren't tons of people running around. Speaking as a huge Disney fan, there is no shortage of the Disney feeling at CSR.
:)

I also love CSR. I was there in May and had a great experience. The buildings are beautiful, the pool is fantastic, and the busses are very efficient. It's great that CSR doesn't share busses with any other resort. Some people view the convention center as a disadvantage, but I think it's great. I'd much rather share a resort with quiet business people than a bunch of noisy kids. People also complain about the size of the resort, but I didn't find it too large at all. It only took a few minutes to walk to the pool or restaurants and I was in the Ranchos section. It's a great resort and you can't beat it for the price.

We love CSR so much we changed our reservations from CR to CSR for our upcoming trip.

I just did the same thing a couple of months ago.

For people that complain about noise it happens at every Disney resort. Mostly depends on who your hotel neighbors are. Actually I found it to be quieter than other deluxe WDW resorts I've stayed at.

I think the Pepper Market is a great value. I love that I can get up in the middle of my meal and get something else to eat without having to pay right away. My food doesn't get cold. I also like that I don't have to worry about finding a seat. If I wasn't already paying a gratuity I would probably end up tipping way more than 10 percent. The chefs and staff have always been super nice to us when we've dined there.

The Maya Grill is a lovely restaurant. It is spacious and the staff was awesome. CSR is the only moderate that has a full breakfast buffet.

The landscaping is lovely and I love the theming. Pools can't be beat.

I don't understand the complaint about convention guests. If anything I find when they have a large convention staying there the buses are less crowded as are the pools.

On my last trip the bell boy that drove us to our Cabana was shocked that we were repeat guests.

I think ultimately I like it there because it doesn't feel so crowded like other resorts. CSR is also in a great location. Very central to all the theme parks. In fact one night we could hear the lyrics to Fantasmic outside our room. :sunny:

We liked CSR a lot. I think most people who choose moderates are pleased with what they get(as the WDW mods are very nice). Maybe we all just become so comfortable with our first moderate we never make a change. :earsboy:

CSR does seem to get some bad press around here. I have never understood why. I think it is an amaxing resort and thouroughly enjoyed my stay there last year. I loved both the lobby and the walk around the lake. In addition they have a good giftshop, and the breakfast buffet at the Maya Grill is excellent.

If ever I was looking to stay at a moderate agian, I would choose CSR without hesitation.

I have been to Deluxes and Moderates (YC, CR, PoR - twice) and I have chosen CSR (over the Swan this time) because of a couple of factors:
1) price - I got a great deal with the 7 for 5 package. I would prefer to spend the extra $300 I saved on the hotel for little "splurges" in the parks.
2) bus service - I do not rent a car at Disney and, therefore, want efficient service. If there are many conventioneers, there will be more room on the buses for us "tourists"
3) food - although the Pepper Market has gotten mixed reviews, it seems there is enough variety to satisfy. I live in Mexico and we have "exotic" tastes, so I don't think we will have an issue. I will purchase some vouchers so this will be even a better deal.
4) pool - as we will be in the parks for much of the time, we will not be back at the hotel much, but when we do go, it will be awesome for my DD7 and the rest of the crew to cool off.

Whatever you decide, have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter