Why is price of DVC MYW ticket more expensive than UT?

Perhaps one advantage of buying through Disney is the use of the Disney Vacation Account combined with discounted gift cards used to put a balance on the account. There have been some who obtained Disney gift cards for anywhere from 5- 20% savings (though stacking discounts at Target has ceased, so that 20% is hard to come by).
This is the one reason I'm thinking about buying the passes this year through WDW. The current "discount" price is about what I pay normally through AAA. But factor in the savings from Sam's Club Gift cards, and it's another $70 savings.

I noticed this VERY thing today when looking into purchasing our tickets for our May trip and wondered if it was going to be talked about on here. I also wanted to make sure I wasn't just losing my mind or doing something wrong...or maybe didn't have the right link.

I've considered the Gold AP, but we aren't sure if we will be going again before the passes expire. We ALWAYS do park hoppers and the "free" water park feature on the tickets is actually a nice bonus for us for this upcoming trip (we typically don't go to the water parks because we go during the colder months, but actually could visit them this time).

Anyway...we'll get that figured out. I'm just glad to see that I wasn't the only one with this question/concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter