Why is price of DVC MYW ticket more expensive than UT?

TreesyB

DIS Veteran
Has anyone noticed that? Am I missing something? I'm just buying for our upcoming trip for mid-March and was excited to see the offer for DVC members for the 25th anniversary. But when I compared the two sites, I got:
DVC 5 day MYW no hopper pass =$324.83
UT 5 day MYW no hopper pass = $321.95

Why would I buy that? Not really a benefit, or am I missing something? (sorry if this has already been discussed - i looked on the first two pages and didn't see it)

UT is having a special right now, A 5 day pass is the price of a 4 day. So normally it would be a little more.

The DVC tickets include water parks and more for free.

Yeah but adding the hopper and water park yielded a bigger discrepancy

DVC = $392.99
UT = $381.95

I just found the discussion about the perks - wow... I guess I'm realizing more and more that I didn't buy the membership for the perks, but still would be nice to not find market rates that much lower.

Oops I stand corrected the park hopper/water park version is a better deal as UT is $409.95

UT is having a special right now, A 5 day pass is the price of a 4 day. So normally it would be a little more.

The DVC tickets include water parks and more for free.

DVC also has a one day free deal so the question is why don't the prices match. My guess is UT also has a small discount to start.

Yeah but adding the hopper and water park yielded a bigger discrepancy

DVC = $392.99
UT = $381.95

I just found the discussion about the perks - wow... I guess I'm realizing more and more that I didn't buy the membership for the perks, but still would be nice to not find market rates that much lower.

Yes, discussed quite a bit that you really have to look at the "deal" and determine if it actually is the best one out there.

Why would I buy that? Not really a benefit, or am I missing something? (sorry if this has already been discussed - i looked on the first two pages and didn't see it)
Disney's price is always higher than UT. Why would anyone buy direct from Disney? I'm sure there are many reasons, and the DVC deal allows for a discount while still buying direct.

Disney sells bulk tickets to authorized ticket brokers at wholesale prices. The amount of upcharge that those brokers apply is up to them. In this case, it just so happens that UT's upcharge is modest enough to price the tickets under the DVC discounted rate.

Like supersnoop inferred, it's really no different than ANY ticket purchase. Barring some promotional discount, UT and other vendors are always lower than Disney. But Disney still sells thousands and thousands of tickets directly.

WE save $45 buying DVC deal on 3, 7 day passes(hopper, water).

Love UT. Have bought from them before!

Still cost $1221.00:sick::sad:

Someone posted a while ago on Disboards (maybe on the theme park attractions and strategies board) about Parksavers.com tickets...i just looked and they have a 5 day hopper+ water park for $388.

Perhaps one advantage of buying through Disney is the use of the Disney Vacation Account combined with discounted gift cards used to put a balance on the account. There have been some who obtained Disney gift cards for anywhere from 5- 20% savings (though stacking discounts at Target has ceased, so that 20% is hard to come by).

Disney giveth and Disney taketh away !!! I have always found park tickets to be cheaper at either UT or Mapleleaf than directly from Disney. The only exception was that special "4 park no repeat" pass that they offered to DVC members back in late 2014...now that was a good deal, which is maybe why they are not repeating it this year !!!

Obviously not everyone reads these boards or knows about discount tickets. I used to think it was safer to buy directly from Disney than some company online.

I bought the gold annual pass for $549!! One Osiris about it is it includes all your photo pass photos so no need to buy memory maker!

Ut have a uk office if you buy from them you will have the tickets inside a week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter