Why doesn't the rule apply to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From discussions on the board about cameras I have one of the cheaper digitals...Kodak 6.1 easy share...and I have been able to take really good pictures from a few rows back without any flash. Now that I have learned to adjust the shutter speed I am hoping that more will turn out. :)

LarryC said:
Because people today only care about themselves.

The same people who use a flash are the same ones in jeans at dinner, smoke at the Mickey pool, and reserve chairs at CC but don't show up.

They run when told to walk, steal door decorations, talk loudly in the corridors at 2AM, and refuse to wash their hands after using the restroom.

They "butt-in" line waiting for character pictures, and usually arrive 10 minutes late for dinner, expecting the entire waitstaff to begin the evening AGAIN, just for them.

They usually stiff the crew of their tips, too.

ME ME ME ME ME. I PAID A LOT FOR MY VACATION, (like the rest of us didn't?) AND I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT!

:rolleyes: ;)

This unfortuneately is way, way too true. We tend to follow the rules and standards set by where we are and more importantly try to follow that little used principle today known as the Golden Rule. We also try hard to teach that to our kids and they've very often seen us give a wide berth to those folks who feel their lives are far more important than ours, like the ones who think waiting in line is only for the rest of us and have to just jump in where they think they belong. We all just shake our heads in amazement.

LarryC said:
Because people today only care about themselves.

The same people who use a flash are the same ones in jeans at dinner, smoke at the Mickey pool, and reserve chairs at CC but don't show up.

They run when told to walk, steal door decorations, talk loudly in the corridors at 2AM, and refuse to wash their hands after using the restroom.

They "butt-in" line waiting for character pictures, and usually arrive 10 minutes late for dinner, expecting the entire waitstaff to begin the evening AGAIN, just for them.

They usually stiff the crew of their tips, too.

ME ME ME ME ME. I PAID A LOT FOR MY VACATION, (like the rest of us didn't?) AND I'LL DO WHATEVER I WANT!

:rolleyes: ;)

:rotfl: This might be the truth I just don't want to think about. It was educational to learn that some people just don't know how to shut off their flash. That being said, the first time is an accident, maybe even the second time. After that..... :sad2:

allears said:
This unfortuneately is way, way too true. We tend to follow the rules and standards set by where we are and more importantly try to follow that little used principle today known as the Golden Rule. We also try hard to teach that to our kids and they've very often seen us give a wide berth to those folks who feel their lives are far more important than ours, like the ones who think waiting in line is only for the rest of us and have to just jump in where they think they belong. We all just shake our heads in amazement.

While reading this post all I can think of is the new Hummer commercial. The woman sends her son onto a playground and is immediatly cut off by another child. The first mom says to the second mom, "oh I'm sorry my Jake was next in line". The second mom says, "well I guess we are next now."
It is so sad that this is the direction more and more people are going. Get out of my way because you are in my way.

BuzzNutt said:
While reading this post all I can think of is the new Hummer commercial. The woman sends her son onto a playground and is immediatly cut off by another child. The first mom says to the second mom, "oh I'm sorry my Jake was next in line". The second mom says, "well I guess we are next now."
It is so sad that this is the direction more and more people are going. Get out of my way because you are in my way.

Way, way too true. I do find it gratifying though when my kids witness some of this behavior from adults and other children and then give us the look that says, "Are these people serious, you would have wacked us one for that." I usually give a lot of latitude to kids, as much of the time they are so in the moment they don't think about others, but then you can tell when they have been taught one way or the other. I have no patience for adults who are oblivious to the rest of the world. Fortuneately it's not everyone and most of the people we've met on the crusies and parks are very nice. It's just the ones who don't play nicely with others tend to stand out.

As we were starting to sit in 5 of the empty front row seats on our last Magic cruise, some guy looks down and says the seats are going to be used by his (not yet arrived) family.

He had an end seat and a kid 6 or so seats away.

I told him that since you cannot save seats in the theater and we were there right then we were going to sit down. He started raising his voice and said to his kid that since we were being so inconsiderate his family could not sit together.

I looked right at this jerk and told him that if he had bothered to read the navigators he could clearly read that his saving seats was not allowed. He said that he never saw that.

Vindication came when the family arrived 10 minutes later and his mother told him that he was not allowed to save seats and she was trying to contact him to tell him that.

What a great thing to pass on to your kids....... a desire to be a moron. This guy kept telling them that other people were ruining this "family cruise".

While I agree with what is being said, I ask that we please, please, please not turn this thread in any direction other than the camera topic. I was afraid it would turn into a "rant" about rudeness in general. Since the questions were answered definitively, let's put this thread to bed.

Camera flashes unfortunately go hand in hand with all the other rude things people do. I remember seeing pictures from a guy who was showing pictures from the haunted mansion that he used the flash. It not only looked stupid with the full light from the flash in the photos, but he even said he knew it was wrong, but he didn't care what everyone else thought when he did it. He had people yelling at him and he ignored them and kept right on taking photos. Someday , someone might not be as tolerant of him.

I made the mistake of not setting the camera to the correct setting and felt SO BAD! I had it on a "scene" setting, and the camera flashed 5 times before it actually took the picture. I never have it set on that setting, our flash was off, but since it was on a "scene" setting the flash automatically goes off. Needless to say I just put it away in a hurry, I was not going to try and adjust it in the middle of the show. It was a honest mistake but I felt so bad. I can understand the few people that do use flash when they think it is off but one time is enough.

When we were on our cruise last during a man with his family in front of us started using his video camera and the light was very distracting to us sitting behind. When my husband asked him to switch it off he was far from happy and dragged his two children out of the theatre. We felt sorry for the children but what a rude man.

Don't the CMs go through the theatre to tell the people using flashes and videos to stop? I saw that a lot on our 3 DC cruises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter