Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

So sad to hear about your aunt and your poor uncle now without her :( We added your family to our petitions before prayers in Kindergarten this morning.

Good Luck to your footballers!!

Hope volleyball will be less stressful this year, now that you did the team split!!

YES, let's get to those next day plans :) Keep the magic alive! And that being said.......I should probably update my own PTR, wouldn't ya say?!

My Aunt died yesterday, My Mom's sister who has been ill since April. Needless to say this is not making it any easier to get my Mom to quit smoking at this point.
Its been such a tough road for the family, I can only pray this can bring some peace. My uncle is just lost without her. They were married 50+ years, and she did everything for him.
Devastating.
I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. :(

It is quite a sports weekend for you, isn't it? I hope the kids' teams do well.

I like the way you divided the volleyball parents up. ::yes::

I'm so very sorry about losing your Aunt Mo; so very sorry; I know its so hard to see them with Alzheimers/dementia; its such a cruel disease.

Good luck on Football!! Smart move on volleyball, but of course its smart, look who's the leader:)

Can't wait to see Halloween shenanigans, would love to see some pics of your house/walk of terror. Can't wait to see more WDW plans!

Take care of yourself; many prayers sent your way and your family, including Uncle.

My condolences to you and your family. I'll keep you in my good thoughts.

I hope the boys won their game! I love that you and Tom are so involved with their sports/schools/lives!

You're a brave woman to do volleyball again, I remember how painstaking it was last season. With the troubled parents on the other team y'all should be just fine!

So sorry Mo

Thank you!

Good luck!

Need it.

Sometimes i am.

You couldn't get rid of us if you tried.

Thank goodness for this!

So sad to hear about your aunt and your poor uncle now without her :( We added your family to our petitions before prayers in Kindergarten this morning.

this means a lot thank you so much!

Good Luck to your footballers!!

Thank you!

Hope volleyball will be less stressful this year, now that you did the team split!!

you and me both!

YES, let's get to those next day plans :) Keep the magic alive! And that being said.......I should probably update my own PTR, wouldn't ya say?!

I tried and failed! TODAY! and i want to do Halloween update!

I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Thank you!

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. :(

Thank you

It is quite a sports weekend for you, isn't it? I hope the kids' teams do well.

always. and i need a break!!

I like the way you divided the volleyball parents up.

I had too. There was no way i was dealing with all that drama from last year. I am only a volunteer. and i am there for the kids who i do love. But these parents need to let the kids be themselves and stop living through them!

So sorry, Mo. Prayer for your family!

Thank you!

So sorry about your Aunt.

Good luck to your boys tomorrow.

Thank you

these boys are going to be the death of me.

I'm so very sorry about losing your Aunt Mo; so very sorry; I know its so hard to see them with Alzheimers/dementia; its such a cruel disease.

This was hard for sure. I don't wish this upon anyone.

Good luck on Football!! Smart move on volleyball, but of course its smart, look who's the leader:)

LOL!
no way would i ever put myself through it again. once was enough.

Can't wait to see Halloween shenanigans, would love to see some pics of your house/walk of terror. Can't wait to see more WDW plans!

Oh they were FUN!!
I will get to something today!!

Take care of yourself; many prayers sent your way and your family, including Uncle.

Thank you very much.

My condolences to you and your family. I'll keep you in my good thoughts.

Thank you

I hope the boys won their game! I love that you and Tom are so involved with their sports/schools/lives!

I will let you know in just a minute!
we are to a point. There is a fine line i refuse to cross we coach we are involved yet we do not live through them. I had my childhood, my sports, and my young crazy life. It's their turn to make the memories and know we were there to help them become the person they want to be!

You're a brave woman to do volleyball again, I remember how painstaking it was last season. With the troubled parents on the other team y'all should be just fine!

Tell me about it!
I LOVE the sport. and the kids are amazing kids. I just wish all parents would just stay home let the kids be kids.

Sorry i went off line for a while.
Just been a whirlwind of activities!
Friday-
No dog training! YAY! so i stayed at football practice hoping against all hope these kids want this win as much as the parents-coaches do! Again it's on them their heart and their will if they want this win!
When is was over i walked over to the red box to grab what i needed for the next day. When two of our little girl football players came up one of them was crying terribly!
The coach sent her to run for whatever reason while she was running a guy walking his dog without a leash ran after her barking and chasing her said he bit her.
That's all i needed to hear.
I went after the guy who conveniently did NOT speak english. Yet was able to spit out SHE OK a bunch of times.
Nope i called the cops.
Long story short he was given a ticket - some bite record thing for the police and animal control and something else i forgot about. She said the dog (a mini pincher about 20 pounds) bit her. There was no mark whatsoever
Just wanted the jerk to get a ticket for walking a jerk dog without a leash around kids!
Funny- the coach saw the dog and yelled at her to stop PLAYING with the dog! :rotfl2: thankfully it was nothing and she was not hurt. so i can laugh at that.

SATURDAY!
GAME DAY!
Ran to get my hair done FINALLY! Ran home got everyone together and off we went
Tom was a nervous wreck! Living in my house this week was not fun-The boys said they were ready and asked to listing to a few songs to get them pumped
i obliged.
My stomach was in knots. I honestly cannot believe how much football has taken over our lives. it's stupid.
Super pee wees lost- Pee Wee's lost
our turn.
It was the most amazing game I've seen! the boys played with all their hearts Matt alone surprised me from running one side of the field to the other tackle the kids who ALMOST got a touchdown! NEVER has Matt run that fast. EVER.
Zack did a great job too kept his block and tackled everyone in his way.
4th quarter 2 minutes left and Matt is carried off the field helmet to the leg. Score is 16-0 US! 2 damn minutes left!!! they score next play.
Why do these kids do this to me in the last 2 minutes of these games??? WHY?
thankfully they held them back Zack got meaner since they hurt his brother. WIDGET BULLDOGS WIN! we are going to PLAYOFFS!
Tom was walking on clouds all day! it was amazing and the best win those boys could have done! I think this gave me about 4 ulcers.
Jv played and won their season is 8-0 outstanding! sadly two of the first string players were hurt.
1 has a pulled muscle
2- broken leg in two places one is a tibula (sp?) he has to go into surgery in Friday. His football career is over. indefinitely-- so so sad hate to hear any child hurt.
Roger and Kristy's car had a flat and theirs being a Dodge Durango i have the same tires. Thank goodness! while they changed the tire the kids and i packed up the truck since i had TONS of equipment from the peewees since their season is over.
all the way home the car was so full of joy! Just like Christmas!!
Until we got home and unpacked the car ---- find out Matt's helmet is missing. Tom and i frantically start texting everyone we know.
Nothing.
Nowhere
we went from high is highs to low of lows. Matt cried himself to sleep. I did too.

Sunday.
I had to work Job #2 yet while i was there and texting the Mom's of bulldogs make sure all kids are OK. Kristy texts to tell me YES SHE HAS MATT'S HELMET!
Oh GLORIOUS DAYS! Call Matt and the world is right again. as well as can be as this is all shadowed by the loss of my aunt.

Came home carved some pumpkins ran to store for tons of candy and something to throw into the crock pot for halloween

MONDAY!
What a whirlwind!
Work flew by i was home by 2:15 started to make sloppy joes threw it all in the crock pot then started to decorate the out side!! Kids made their way home changed and we all started the tough task of decorating.
Kristy and her kids came by helped then Roger came by after work we had a GREAT TIME! Their one son Niko kept saying it was the best Halloween ever. now they said this is their new tradition.
Probably went through about 8-10 bags of candy..
I will post pictures soon and i took a video!
Watched my beloved Bears FINALLY pull a win and off to bed.

Today as i sit her typing a co worker came down since Sunday's playoff game is against his son! :rotfl2:

Instead of bantering we are figuring out what we will be drinking after the game! :cheer2:

I am off to get some of yesterdays pictures done hope to come back TODAY and post them!

Congratulations to the Widget's team making it to the playoffs. It must feel great to have this great season and have your kids be stars. :)

It must be very hard on you and Tom, though, to watch the games. I remember when our daughter was pitching softball games. I was so nervous for her that I could hardly stand it. I was almost glad that she didn't pitch the next year.

Last edited:
Stupid unleashed dogs and their idiot owners!!! This happens WAY too much. I'm glad you were there to make sure at least one of them gets punished!!!

YAAAAAAY for a Bulldogs victory!!! How amazing! My heart was pounding reading through the final minutes of the game!! and thank God for the found helmet, too!!!

I thought of you yesterday because we left school at 2 and headed to Evergreen Park to see Rob's parents. We literally drove RIGHT past where you work--I also didn't realize how flippin' close we are!! I was checking out all the people standing around outside and Rob accused me of being a stalker :) and you were already almost home by that time!!

can't wait to see Halloween pics and video!!! You guys always look like you're having such a blast!

Just wanted to throw in my congrats for the BULLDOGS! Whoot! So proud of your boys. They play with such heart. I was always such a freaking nervous wreck when my oldest played baseball; and then more so after he got a line drive to the face at 8 years old. It was awful, and I had to keep watching many years after that. You are going to need lots of adult beverages after Sunday. Good juju for the Bulldogs this weekend!!!

Waiting patiently for pics of Halloween! Never Halloween at my house, I have to live through others. We live out in the sticks and the kids would have to walk miles to trick or treat:)

Hope your week is good to you Mo; still praying for you and your family and Uncle. I don't want to think of losing your spouse, especially after over 50 years of marriage. So very hard for him.

Halloween 2016!!!

I promise i will get to replies.. But i only have enough time for either replies or get these pictures up...

I figured you wanted pictures. Unless your a facebook friend and you've seen them all!

Let's start with:

THE BEGINNING!
Some of my long time readers will know it all started 5 years ago when a house had a bunch of people walking around scaring people. Well that was it.
Boys came home:

Just sitting on the porch scaring the dickens out of people! It was a RIOT!!! We had SO much fun with it!

Which turned into this:

Yes it just gets bigger and bigger..

Last year we decided to bring out the tent and have people walk through.
Of course we did it again!!!
Asking Roger and Kristy along with their kids to come by for the festivities!

Once the Sloppy Joes were in the crock pot it started:

Slowly coming together With Matt dancing

More

Tom and peanut

Inside to the right

there is a spot right when you walk in for someone to stand/sit for the scare

to the left:

fog machine inside the casket.
Little story about the Casket. My garage is awful.. Just awful like a heavy wind would knock it down to the ground if all of our storage wasn't hold up the walls. Apparently is is also home to the many little wildlife creatures who roam around the neighborhood!
Yes a raccoon made a home inside the casket. scared the living poop out of Tom.
Thankfully it did NOT scratch him like i was told it did..
elf-raccoon-attack-o.gif

What a cotton headed ninny muggins.

On with the show.. Here is Kristy's daughter I adore her make up!!

Youngest and my all time favorite little:

I adore this kid. IVAN. who they call Ivan mouse. he is obsessed with all things Mickey mouse.

Kristy and Ivan

Both Olafs! too cute!
as it got darker more and more people started to come and play

it was INSANE! finally calmed down about 8pm.

at some point i did take the kids trick or treating and ran into a famous face.

JASON! he was eerily cool he was by himself just walking and the costume was AMAZING.
He did want the selfie. I know because he asked me to take it! LOL. who knew Jason was vain?

My man Ivan came with me into the HAUNTED HOUSE.. ohhhhhh

and another when it got crazy
which didn't upload into photobucket! it will have to be added tomorrow!!! SORRY!

I hope you enjoyed a little bit of our halloween FUN!

So sorry to hear about your Aunt. YAY for the Widgets! When is the next game? Awesome Halloween pictures. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Glad the boys had such a great game!! And I hope Matt's injury wasn't too serious. And what is wrong with the leashless dog guy? Glad you called it in. Too many people don't take that stuff seriously.

I love your Halloween decorations!! You guys are such fun. A few more years and y'all will be hosting a full on haunted house! :scared1:

It looks like you have the been Halloween stop in the area. Do you ever try to count how many people come to your house?

The two Olafs are adorable. :)

Slowly coming together With Matt dancing
Love the dancing, AND the infamous shirt!! :) Go Crusaders!

Looks like such a fun time! We are always on the run when Halloween is on a school night--throw the candy box on the porch, take Jimmy to see the Grandparents for Trick or Treating, home and back in bed. (Plus, he gets WAY better treats in their neighborhood than he would at home!!!!)

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt.

Good job to the kiddos for making the playoffs and for finding the helmet. Good for you for calling the cops on the dog's owner.

Good thinking on splitting the volleyball team this year. Hopefully, it will mean less drama.

Your Halloween looked to be loads of fun. Our Halloween doesn't last that long. Kids start trick or treating around 5:30 (not even really dark). This year, we started out at 6:30. The streets were packed and the lines to the houses were like Disneyland. Houses began running out of candy about 7:30. Jacob stayed home to pass out candy and I was surprised we still had some, so I guess I bought enough this year. Last couple of years, we ran out.

I am trying really hard to stay caught up on Disboards. Have been struggling since starting the new job in April. Not much Dis time anymore. Have a great rest of the week.

Congratulations to the Widget's team making it to the playoffs. It must feel great to have this great season and have your kids be stars.

THANK YOU!
Ya know i thought my house would calm down after this..
Boy was i wrong.
Stars? no... I keep them humble.. or try to! HA HA

It must be very hard on you and Tom, though, to watch the games. I remember when you daughter was pitching softball games. I was so nervous for her that I could hardly stand it. I was almost glad that she didn't pitch the next year.

oh no..
no no no. Pitching i truly believe is the most stressful position! There is just so much pressure on the poor kids. i cannot blame you for being nervous!!

Stupid unleashed dogs and their idiot owners!!! This happens WAY too much. I'm glad you were there to make sure at least one of them gets punished!!!

No kidding.
yes i wasn't allowing this to get away. especially when he showed no remorse for my poor little girl.
screw that.

YAAAAAAY for a Bulldogs victory!!! How amazing! My heart was pounding reading through the final minutes of the game!! and thank God for the found helmet, too!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!!!! Crazy game! I swear i came out of that with 7 ulcers. Even the ref who we know and joke around with said i was starting to make HIM nervous! ha ha

I thought of you yesterday because we left school at 2 and headed to Evergreen Park to see Rob's parents. We literally drove RIGHT past where you work--I also didn't realize how flippin' close we are!! I was checking out all the people standing around outside and Rob accused me of being a stalker :) and you were already almost home by that time!!

you did! Told you we were close! you can see my office from the street too! honestly i am SURE we drove past each other since i leave here at 2!!
nope not a stalker. Just checking out the local city employees! LOL.

can't wait to see Halloween pics and video!!! You guys always look like you're having such a blast!

I DID finally keep my promise and got pictures up quicker then a month after! LOL!!

Just wanted to throw in my congrats for the BULLDOGS! Whoot! So proud of your boys. They play with such heart. I was always such a freaking nervous wreck when my oldest played baseball; and then more so after he got a line drive to the face at 8 years old. It was awful, and I had to keep watching many years after that. You are going to need lots of adult beverages after Sunday. Good juju for the Bulldogs this weekend!!!

THANK YOU! The boys are playing with heart. They want it and are playing amazing!!!
OMG! I HOPE he was ok? Im sure you were scared to death watching it! I just hate to hear when kids get hurt. Breaks my heart in a thousand places!!!

Waiting patiently for pics of Halloween! Never Halloween at my house, I have to live through others. We live out in the sticks and the kids would have to walk miles to trick or treat:)

I did!!! I actually kept to my promise and i posted on a normal time period! YAY ME!
I want to live in the sticks.. Just sayin...

Hope your week is good to you Mo; still praying for you and your family and Uncle. I don't want to think of losing your spouse, especially after over 50 years of marriage. So very hard for him.

This week has sucked. I am so stressed out.
No especially when she did everything for him.

So sorry to hear about your Aunt. YAY for the Widgets! When is the next game? Awesome Halloween pictures. Looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Thank you not been easy this time.

YES! it was an amazing game for sure!! They play again this Sunday!! I swear to you this is the most stressful week i have ever had.

Halloween was our one time we were able to relax and watch the kids just have fun. No stress. Until another one of the bulldogs coaches came up and that was it. Bulldogs talk the rest of the night.

Glad the boys had such a great game!! And I hope Matt's injury wasn't too serious. And what is wrong with the leashless dog guy? Glad you called it in. Too many people don't take that stuff seriously.

They really did! These boys are READY TO PLAY! i just hope their heart is still in it for Sunday!
Dog.. The guys was such a JERK! if he showed any sort of compassion for the poor girl i wouldn't have been such a (rhymes with witch)
Since he didn't i called the cops right away.

I love your Halloween decorations!! You guys are such fun. A few more years and y'all will be hosting a full on haunted house!

THANK YOU!
With the life of craziness we lead we need fun every now and again!
I don't doubt that at all. it just gets bigger and bigger every year! They want to add another tent next year.

It looks like you have the been Halloween stop in the area. Do you ever try to count how many people come to your house?

Ya know we are not the only ones who do this now? There is another house a couple of blocks away who do the tent with scary stuff. It's fun to see the neighborhood get involved!

The two Olafs are adorable.

Aren't they the cutest?! Love these guys!

Love the dancing, AND the infamous shirt!! :) Go Crusaders!

Yep there it is! At the game Mt. Carmel- De LaSalle- and Bro Rice all were there.. we told them how disappointed the kids were they didn't get tee shirts and showed them the picture with Matt and all three shirts.
They promised to bring him one.. We shall see about that..

Looks like such a fun time! We are always on the run when Halloween is on a school night--throw the candy box on the porch, take Jimmy to see the Grandparents for Trick or Treating, home and back in bed. (Plus, he gets WAY better treats in their neighborhood than he would at home!!!!)

I can't stand when it's on the weekdays! so tough to get everything together in such a short time!
you leave a candy box on your porch? So apparently one kids comes up and takes it all! HA HA

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt.

Thank you.

Good job to the kiddos for making the playoffs and for finding the helmet. Good for you for calling the cops on the dog's owner.

YES! and thank GOD the helmet was found!!!
always looking out for the kids.

Good thinking on splitting the volleyball team this year. Hopefully, it will mean less drama.

I had to there was no way i was going to deal with that nonsense again. Let her deal.
I have great parents this time and so far a great team

Your Halloween looked to be loads of fun. Our Halloween doesn't last that long. Kids start trick or treating around 5:30 (not even really dark). This year, we started out at 6:30. The streets were packed and the lines to the houses were like Disneyland. Houses began running out of candy about 7:30. Jacob stayed home to pass out candy and I was surprised we still had some, so I guess I bought enough this year. Last couple of years, we ran out.

LOVE Halloween!!
CRAZY! lines. we had lines but that's only because we had the tent.
the other homes didn't--- i hope you were able to score some great candy!
I really need to buy it earlier and loads MORE.

I am trying really hard to stay caught up on Disboards. Have been struggling since starting the new job in April. Not much Dis time anymore. Have a great rest of the week.

So am i this week. It is tough week here.
But i am tired of facebook and all the cubs stuff i need an out today.

------------------------
Good Morning all!
I am SO READY FOR SATURDAY NIGHT! I cannot even begin to tell you.
I hate to dish out my life.. But i have to here. i am stressed out. If you don't want to read my dirty laundry don't.
My mom has completely lost it. She called me yesterday- telling me they want to video tape the funeral and if my friend chunk would do it.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Wait did i hear that correctly? VIDEO TAPE A FUNERAL?

speechless here.

why?
she said the obvious. --So they can watch it again.
Speechless once again. i was absolutely caught off guard. All that is going through my head is how do i stop this.
Yes.. this is turning into a three ring circus. First I was TOLD i had to do a reading.
No.
I don't have a choice apparently.
Now Tom was TOLD he was a pallbearer. WHAT? Did you ask him? She told me no.
We need to stop here and rethink things. There is bad blood between my uncle.. and well
Everyone i know.
He is pompous arrogant and has belittled my fiends to their face. Now you want them do to them favors??
I have to stop her here..
Mom, My friends love you... YOU.. and will do anything for you.. YOU.. but i hate to bring up anything negative right now but you need to remember what this man and said and done to people!
can we please rethink this video taping?

So far there is a choir, bagpipes.. Tom asked when the DJ will arrive. He's heard the little people are popular---
Little people in which he is referring:
3268072.jpg

I have been on damage control for a week now. trying to keep people grounded clearly i am failing. I emailed their oldest son and told him something needs to be done here they are no longer listening to me- my step dad or my husband.
Reality needs to hit here. this is not a wedding. He lives in Texas coming into town i believe today.

I cannot wait until Saturday night.
Tomorrow is the wake. i am sure there will be a story or 5 to tell. the funeral is Saturday.
I cannot make this stuff up.

My house. this too has been unbelievable. football.. My husband is pacing the house constantly watching the tapes of games. not sleeping all talk about football. i have actually memorized the tapes i've seen that much. i know the gaps the plays and how the kids should be playing.
awesome
When at job #1 i work a guy who's kid is also in the same league with the bulldogs and a widget. we play his team this sunday. Even at work it's all about football.

Volleyball.
We had out first practice and it was off,
I only have 8 girls! it was so weird!!! I do have one new girl which i was a little worried about. Thankfully all that worry with for nothing she is a great player and knows the game! Especially when i found out she has never played before In the end i was missing the other 7 girls.
In the beginning of practice i told the girls i had an announcement, IF we get to playoffs i will quit smoking.
They all went bat crap crazy. so we shall see how they do. little do they know i 'm quitting anyway.But this is great motive for them and me.

I'm working my normal hum drum job today and tonight is job #2. i need some happiness so I'm looking forward to it.

As you can see i need a vacation.. and soon. or i might snap at any moment at this point.

Thank you for letting me vent!
Im going to try to get an update here and talk about ANYTHING else but football crazy family or death...

:hug: :grouphug: :hug: :grouphug: :hug:

Yay Bulldogs! Good luck this weekend.

I really enjoyed all of your Halloween pictures. I unfortunately was curled up on the couch. Apparently running is not for me (or I just picked up a virus at the wrong time). I got super sick Saturday afternoon and was still not feeling well Monday night. I'm still not sure if I just overdid it with the 5K or if I picked up a bug. But the thought of running again just makes me nauseous. Definitely not running a 5K two days before my Disney trip like I was planning on just to be on the safe side! Sickness at Disney is not allowed.

VIDEO TAPE A FUNERAL?

OK, sad but funny story. I had a great aunt (she passed away several years ago) who used to photograph the corpse at ever funeral she ever went too. No one ever saw the pictures other than when her husband passed away (I don't call him my uncle because it was her second marriage and he creeped me out to no end). She used to carry pictures of him in his casket around to show to everyone. We really thought they would find albums of dead people when they cleaned out their house but if they did, I never found out.

Tomorrow is the wake. i am sure there will be a story or 5 to tell. the funeral is Saturday.
I cannot make this stuff up.

Just try to stay out of any fist fights.

As you can see i need a vacation.. and soon

Hmmmm, 23 days from now, you know the week after Thanksgiving, at Disney would be really nice. ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter