Why does drinking always lead us back to Disney? Sept 2017 6/13 update!

Touringplans had 1's and 3's this year too until like 1.5 months ahead when they raised some days as high as 9's.

We didn't think the crowds were that high, but higher than 1's and 3's sometimes.

WHAT AN AMAZING WEEKEND! 1st place! a WIN for the boys AND an invite to their favorite school!!!

Congratulations to Meg for her cheerleading team winning first place. That is fantastic. And the boys must be excited for this weekend. They must be really good players.

Are you getting park hoppers?

Some how I got way behind. I was at Disney this year during the time that you're planning to be there next year. Does that make sense? Crowds weren't bad at all. We went to Night of Joy on Saturday and did MNSHP on Sunday. It was a lot of fun.
My daughter and I were at the first day of the Food and Wine Festival. We were kind of disappointed in it. It didn't seem as nice as it had been in the past. We wandered around taking pictures. One thing I've learned over the years and that's not to go on a Friday or Saturday night. the crowds are terrible.
Your plans for ADR's all sound good. there are a few places that I've never eaten at.
Congrats to Meg for winning. Also congrats to the boys for having a high school coach interested in them.
Liz

Well someone has been bitten by the planning bug!!

Congrats to the kids for such a winning weekend! Hope it starts a streak.

Plans look good, and you're smart to have some options. As much as I loved Disney they're notorious for making last minute changes. I have all the May 2016 stuff printed too, but I fear the 2017 change, especially with RoL and Avatar being on the horizon, I hope.

Love the daily plans! I've always wanted to try Tepen Edo, I'm a Habatchi fanatic! And I think Epcot a good start for the group; lots of stuff for everyone!

Can I beg your forgiveness Mo and be allowed back to stalk you some more? One large glass of wine last night and two cups of coffee today and I am finally caught up. I do not know where my time goes and I haven't posted in forever and I have nothing of the schedule like you have. You are amazing Mo with all your jobs and doing all you do for your kiddos. I was the band mom for both my boys way back when. Its hard to say no. I cannot believe how much Meg, Zach and Matt are getting that older look about them. Headed to the path of the teen years! Which even though are so difficult they fly. I turned around and both boys were graduating HS, then college for the oldest, now graduate school and marriage, WHAT? Believe me, you are making so many memories for your kiddos, they will look back and remember all of these times.

Seeing your WDW plans is so much fun; I cannot wait to see it all happen. What better way to turn 13 than at WDW. You are having so much fun surprising them, I can tell. I like your pre-planning and ADR's. Like you say, many days to change it all a million times.

You will get to DL one of these days. I want you to experience it and its magic. Maybe after the kids graduate:)

Enjoying every minute and following along! Take care!

What days are lowest Crowd level for the party?!?! I don't know which one i like better?!?!
I've always been told that Tuesday is the least crowded, followed by Thursday, then Sunday. The Friday parties are CRAZY. I did a Sunday in September 2014, and it was excellent. Very low crowds. I'm doing Sunday again on my upcoming trip (my MNSSHP date is a week from tomorrow actually!), but with it being so close to Halloween, I'm expecting it to be busier. I'll definitely report back!

Hi Mo,
Regarding crowd levels this September. My daughter met me there from 9/12-9/25, My sister and her husband came down for a few days with my son too. F&W is absolutely NUTS on the weekend. I had used Touring Plans for crowd tracking and they started low but went up and were mid range to high when we were there. Still had a great time and hated to leave sunny 90's to come home to fall and 60's. Your plans are fabulous - Poly is our favorite and we moved there from Boardwalk this trip. For us Boardwalk was too much like NewEngland to feel Disney but it is my sister's favorite. She loves the location and easy access to Epcot. We scooted as soon as they left HAHA!
Jane

Hi Mo,
Regarding crowd levels this September. My daughter met me there from 9/12-9/25, My sister and her husband came down for a few days with my son too. F&W is absolutely NUTS on the weekend. I had used Touring Plans for crowd tracking and they started low but went up and were mid range to high when we were there. Still had a great time and hated to leave sunny 90's to come home to fall and 60's. Your plans are fabulous - Poly is our favorite and we moved there from Boardwalk this trip. For us Boardwalk was too much like NewEngland to feel Disney but it is my sister's favorite. She loves the location and easy access to Epcot. We scooted as soon as they left HAHA!
Jane

Going to try to get to these before i throw this computer right threw the wall
I have had to restart my computer at least 5 times this morning. As i type nothing is appearing on the screen until second later.. This is not fun.
City stuff sucks.

Touringplans had 1's and 3's this year too until like 1.5 months ahead when they raised some days as high as 9's.

We didn't think the crowds were that high, but higher than 1's and 3's sometimes.

I did read on touring plans! i do HOPE it stay the same for next year.. i just wish someone would post the actual crowd levels from Sept of 2016!!! This would help greatly!

Congratulations to Meg for her cheerleading team winning first place. That is fantastic. And the boys must be excited for this weekend. They must be really good players.

Are you getting park hoppers?

Thank you!! She was so happy! and still is. The boys.. I guess they are better then i thought? Other HS coaches are looking at them!!
I will post about the weekend in a second. I hope!
Nope no park hoppers this time. They didn't want them honestly im ok with it!!

Some how I got way behind. I was at Disney this year during the time that you're planning to be there next year. Does that make sense? Crowds weren't bad at all. We went to Night of Joy on Saturday and did MNSHP on Sunday. It was a lot of fun.

Totally makes sense!
Good to hear! i started to look at people's trip reports from Sept 2016 to kinda get a feel for what the crowds are like.
Then time ran away from me and i wasn't able to read too many of them!

My daughter and I were at the first day of the Food and Wine Festival. We were kind of disappointed in it. It didn't seem as nice as it had been in the past. We wandered around taking pictures. One thing I've learned over the years and that's not to go on a Friday or Saturday night. the crowds are terrible.
Your plans for ADR's all sound good. there are a few places that I've never eaten at.

No way! Never on the weekends! That's when the local Yokles come out to play!!! LOL!
I have my must do lists for Food and wine.. I hope to get some things crossed off..

Congrats to Meg for winning. Also congrats to the boys for having a high school coach interested in them.

Thank you!
Yes i am really surprised the local HS are looking at 6th graders?!?

Well someone has been bitten by the planning bug!!

It really did...

Congrats to the kids for such a winning weekend! Hope it starts a streak.

ME too!!! WE NEED IT!

Plans look good, and you're smart to have some options. As much as I loved Disney they're notorious for making last minute changes. I have all the May 2016 stuff printed too, but I fear the 2017 change, especially with RoL and Avatar being on the horizon, I hope.

No kidding. they changes things at a blink of an eye and screw it all up. I NEED NOTICE!
I do really really hope Avatarland is OPENED!!! AK is not one of my favorite parks. It does house EE and Dinosaur safari which are favorites but i have a couple of zoos here which are really fantastic! So the animals aren't really that big of a draw for us.

Love the daily plans! I've always wanted to try Tepen Edo, I'm a Habatchi fanatic! And I think Epcot a good start for the group; lots of stuff for everyone!

YOU MUST try Teppan Edo! it's so much fun and the food? mouth watering!!

Can I beg your forgiveness Mo and be allowed back to stalk you some more?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK WHO'S BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKkkkkkkkkk!!!

One large glass of wine last night and two cups of coffee today and I am finally caught up.

One large glass??? really??? or was it the bottle?
coffee is the elixir of life.

I do not know where my time goes and I haven't posted in forever and I have nothing of the schedule like you have. You are amazing Mo with all your jobs and doing all you do for your kiddos.

Awww thank you so much! Time does tend to FLY right past doesn't? just slow down a tad bit to ENJOY! Yet then again isn't that what vacations are for???
LOL

I was the band mom for both my boys way back when. Its hard to say no.

I need a shirt that says NO.
Anytime it comes to the kids.. i have such a weak spot! I just can't say NO!

I cannot believe how much Meg, Zach and Matt are getting that older look about them. Headed to the path of the teen years! Which even though are so difficult they fly. I turned around and both boys were graduating HS, then college for the oldest, now graduate school and marriage, WHAT? Believe me, you are making so many memories for your kiddos, they will look back and remember all of these times.

Yes. they are getting so mature now it's killing me.. thankfully they still act like goofy kids and we have a blast. My fear is they get too cool for mom.
Then i will probably adopt.
a puppy.

Seeing your WDW plans is so much fun; I cannot wait to see it all happen. What better way to turn 13 than at WDW. You are having so much fun surprising them, I can tell. I like your pre-planning and ADR's. Like you say, many days to change it all a million times.

Thank you!!!
This is going to be a blast for sure!!!

You will get to DL one of these days. I want you to experience it and its magic. Maybe after the kids graduate:)

one day.. Hopefully sooner then later!!!

I am so happy your back!!

YES! Hope you stick around!!! I understand when real life gets in the way!

I've always been told that Tuesday is the least crowded, followed by Thursday, then Sunday. The Friday parties are CRAZY. I did a Sunday in September 2014, and it was excellent. Very low crowds. I'm doing Sunday again on my upcoming trip (my MNSSHP date is a week from tomorrow actually!), but with it being so close to Halloween, I'm expecting it to be busier. I'll definitely report back!

I kinda figured tuesday would be the best bet. I will never do a Friday party.. No way.
Yes i will be stalking you in every way on this upcoming trip!!!

Hi Mo,
Jane

JANE! HI!

So the crowds manageable? how long were the wait times?
Yes coming home in November was crazy. Beautiful to SNOW. it sucked, just wanted to turn around and go back.
REALLY??? left Boardwalk? this makes me happier! I am still a little bummed about no staying boardwalk since all the nightlife would be perfect for the kids at 13? and my selfishness took over and i want my slow moving, castle viewing, wishes music LAZY Polynesian!!!
How did YOU like the Poly?!?

Quick Weekend update!
Saturday the boys liked going to the high school.. They are upset they didn't get a tee shirt.
the coach is looking for linebackers.
that's my boys.

Saturday night we had our BBQ of relaxation and too much food. a couple of the JV players were sleeping over at Roger and Kristy's house so we had them too.
It's funny how close and protective you become to some of these kids!!! just one BIG family.

Sunday i was exhausted. still made it to the field by 8. set everything up and the games started.
Super pee wees- i swear they shrunk. the rain or something i swear these little boys shrunk! they are by far my favorite to watch. and the little things that they are WON!
Pee wee? no need to mention that team. They are a HOT MESS.
Our boys.. I swear these kids want to give me a heart attack! Boys were up 6-0 the last 2 minutes of the game we are on THEIR 5 yard line. as the time was dwelling down they were getting closer and closer to the end zone.. last minutes and they were INCHES to making a damn touchdown. INCHES.
Finally my boys woke up! WE WON! From all the tension and suspense watching all the boys jump up with excitement tears just started to fall... The coaches jumped for joy higher then the kids! I was SO HAPPY FOR THEM!!! We are now 2-4! One more win for conference and we make it to playoffs.
Now our JV team is 6-0 they will be going to the superbowl.

Mock Plans for Day 3!

Bryan emailed me about day one plans and tried to tell me how they won't be going to park on arrival day since they more then likely wont get until 3 or 4pm.
Yeah nice try buddy
YOU WILL be going to Epcot on Saturday and we will be having dinner at Teppan Edo about 7 or 8.
I will give them not going to a park on Saturday departure day. we will have a breakfast together and say goodbye as we go somewhere to say our see ya real soon to a park!!

got my way.

As soon as Football is over we will get together and start a battle plan.

Let's try plans for day #2
Our one and only Animal Kingdom day

AK_DISCOISLANDCHAR_7522027285%202_zpsrfp92xjb.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tusker House pre-park opening!! Yummmmmmmm

Im Sure Bryan and i will seek out the DSA. Unless i quit by then?? Kids are really on my you know what. There are only 2 DSA within Ak and they are not close.

If we are OK with not smoking yet we will walk over to the Safari.

After the Safari meander through the market place we will go to EE

Probably:

Dinosaur

the river rapids will be last on the list

Let's not forget our then and now pictures

Of course stop at every single PP there is.

IF avatarland is open?? I want UPDATES!

We will pretty much tour that for the day.
Whenever they figure out what they are doing with the Tree of Life we will see if we want to do.
PAIN IN THE CABOOSE!
After AK we might trek over to Disney Springs?

Make it back to the Polynesian for some relaxation in Club Level!

Ohhhhhhhh Club Level!

I hope you all have a better monday.
I really am not a Fan of Mondays. spilled coffee. People didn't do their jobs so now i hav eto clean up their mess UGH!

And i think i am just going to clean my office. Make it more Disney.

tumblr_nt8pc1PPgV1tfnarlo3_1280.jpg

I love that you have full days planned already :) AND that you're forcing your friends to get their butts to a park on day 1--what do they think this is?! Vacation? Relaxation!? You can relax at home, people!!!

Everything sounds great! I can't wait to see Avatarland get going and that stinkin' Rivers of Light, too, while we're at it!

Right now I am just waiting and waiting for the dessert party to open up for more dates in December for that Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM. Let me know if you see anything anywhere!!

YOU WILL be going to Epcot on Saturday and we will be having dinner at Teppan Edo about 7 or 8.

Yeah they will! They gotta listen to the pro here!:thumbsup2

Unless i quit by then?? Kids are really on my you know what. There are only 2 DSA within Ak and they are not close.

There's only one in MK now... my DH is seriously considering quitting (I hope but I doubt it) or wearing a patch while we're there. As a former smoker I know quitting sucks so much, but it really does make a huge difference in your health, which includes stamina for WDW adventuring!:cool1:

IF avatarland is open?? I want UPDATES!

Right?! I'm hoping at least part of it is done by May, and hopefully all of it by September. That Nd the RoL show... nighttime Safaris, etc!

Ohhhhhhhh Club Level!

:jumping1:

Nope, you can't get rid of me so easily Mo - I will be back and stalking/lurking along!

In total agreement with the coffee statement; I cannot start my morning without it.

Love these plans; I cannot wait for Avatarland; I think I can actually convince DH to go to WDW with me when it opens; is Rivers of Life ever going to actually happen?

Thumper!! I have only been 3 times to WDW, but I have never seen Thumper; we did see Divine at AK; that was so cool.

Teppan Edo is right up my alley; yum.

Hope your week goes better Mo; work is a pain in the rear most times around here. I work for 2 "difficult" attorneys, to put it nicely. Reading your PTR helps get away from it all.

Workuing my way through a lot of posts since I have been missign from around here for a long time too!
I love the kid updates. Your kids are involved in so many things.
All your plans sound so great. I am so wishing that I was planning a trip right now!

Guess what? I'm all caught up. I'm so sorry for being away so long, just hit a rough patch at work. Nothing bad for me, just dealing with others idiocy. I'm sure you know how that goes! I missed so much! I'm not even going to try to comment on everything, just the last few posts.

I am REALLY hoping Avatarland is completed for AK!!!

Right now the rumor is mid-2017. My buddy Ryan runs two threads here on the DIS that I find invaluable with all the changes going on right now.

Major WDW Project Completion Dates
DHS Construction Update Thread

Watching all of the demolition at DHS is fascinating.

HS on day 4 for the star wars DP!

You guys better do this one! Did you see that they are changing the show for November and December to a Christmas one? Lots of upset people right now but I was super excited. Mom is not into Star Wars at all but I know she will love this show. So I booked the new dessert party and am going to surprise her. Now I'm just trying to rearrange the rest of the day by finding a Mama Melrose lunch ADR to replace dinner. I got a 1:45 pm but would like something earlier. Oh and I do know for sure that the Star Wars show will be back on 1/1/17.

have a early dinner at 50's Prime time!! then go over to beaches and cream for ice cream!! YUM.

Don't forget that you do get dessert with table service credits so ice cream on top of that might be a bit much. I highly recommend this baby:

Hey, someone in that photo looks awfully familiar! :rotfl:We have a FP+ to ride Dinosaur with our party of 9 next month and I might try to get everyone to do something for the photo. Got to think up some ideas!

So far I love all of your plans! I'm especially jealous of the O'Hana breakfast, it's one of my favorites!

I love that you have full days planned already :) AND that you're forcing your friends to get their butts to a park on day 1--what do they think this is?! Vacation? Relaxation!? You can relax at home, people!!!

I do.., It's a sickness.
I have NO idea what the hell they were thinking. dumbo's.. We already has precious little time. we need 2 days a park with the exception of AK.
Thank God they have me.
:rotfl2:

Everything sounds great! I can't wait to see Avatarland get going and that stinkin' Rivers of Light, too, while we're at it!

No kidding! COME ON! get this stuff done will you?

Right now I am just waiting and waiting for the dessert party to open up for more dates in December for that Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM. Let me know if you see anything anywhere!!

You got it.. But Ariana has all that scoop!

Yeah they will! They gotta listen to the pro here!:thumbsup2

One day they will thank me.
Joking aside they are constantly tell me how much they appreciate me doing everything. Which is nice. don't humor me just do as i say will you? HA HA HA.

There's only one in MK now... my DH is seriously considering quitting (I hope but I doubt it) or wearing a patch while we're there. As a former smoker I know quitting sucks so much, but it really does make a huge difference in your health, which includes stamina for WDW adventuring!:cool1:

what.

Right?! I'm hoping at least part of it is done by May, and hopefully all of it by September. That Nd the RoL show... nighttime Safaris, etc!

EXACTLY!!!

Nope, you can't get rid of me so easily Mo - I will be back and stalking/lurking along!

Thank GOD! I miss you!

In total agreement with the coffee statement; I cannot start my morning without it.

Coffee. Don't even look at me unless i have one full cup in me. The second one down i am MIGHT grunt to you or possibly say morning. Cup three and i can form a sentence.

Love these plans; I cannot wait for Avatarland; I think I can actually convince DH to go to WDW with me when it opens; is Rivers of Life ever going to actually happen?

ohhhhhhhh YAY! I do believe Avatarland will appeal more to men too. Along with Star wars they do need to kick it in high gear to get the men in our lives more interested. Thankfully i do have a Disney loving Husband already so hopefully i can get him to go more now?!?

Read above Coffee statement.

Thumper!! I have only been 3 times to WDW, but I have never seen Thumper; we did see Divine at AK; that was so cool.

Yes Thumper was a total surprise when walking around! I loved thumper when growing up i didn't care how long the line was we were standing.. Thankfully it wasn't long at all and we had a blast with the CM's and thumper

Teppan Edo is right up my alley; yum.

It's amazing.. So much so EVERYONE wants to go back there! the boys really loved it.

Hope your week goes better Mo; work is a pain in the rear most times around here. I work for 2 "difficult" attorneys, to put it nicely. Reading your PTR helps get away from it all.

aww thank you! I try!
Glad you can escape and come here to find happiness!
Just STAY this time! LOL

Workuing my way through a lot of posts since I have been missign from around here for a long time too!
I love the kid updates. Your kids are involved in so many things.
All your plans sound so great. I am so wishing that I was planning a trip right now!

Thank you! and welcome back! I love your travels in Europe!

Guess what? I'm all caught up. I'm so sorry for being away so long, just hit a rough patch at work. Nothing bad for me, just dealing with others idiocy. I'm sure you know how that goes! I missed so much! I'm not even going to try to comment on everything, just the last few posts.

About time.
Although i know your job has kept you away.
Stupid work and bills.

Right now the rumor is mid-2017. My buddy Ryan runs two threads here on the DIS that I find invaluable with all the changes going on right now.

THIS!!!
THANK YOU!!!

Watching all of the demolition at DHS is fascinating.

and i will be joining you in watching it all.

You guys better do this one! Did you see that they are changing the show for November and December to a Christmas one? Lots of upset people right now but I was super excited. Mom is not into Star Wars at all but I know she will love this show. So I booked the new dessert party and am going to surprise her. Now I'm just trying to rearrange the rest of the day by finding a Mama Melrose lunch ADR to replace dinner. I got a 1:45 pm but would like something earlier. Oh and I do know for sure that the Star Wars show will be back on 1/1/17.

I did see the christmas show and it looks fantastic.. Sadly i do hope this isn't the replacement for the lights.. it's not good enough. THANK YOU i do want to see the star wars show! it's big for all the guys on this trip!

Don't forget that you do get dessert with table service credits so ice cream on top of that might be a bit much. I highly recommend this baby:

I know.. But i think i could also do a doggie bag for something.. I really want to go to Beaches and cream!

Hey, someone in that photo looks awfully familiar! :rotfl:We have a FP+ to ride Dinosaur with our party of 9 next month and I might try to get everyone to do something for the photo. Got to think up some ideas!

It sure does! We had such a great time with you! we still talk about missing you and missing all the stuff we were supposed to do!
we need a do over. really.. Tom and i are really talking about an adult trip.

So far I love all of your plans! I'm especially jealous of the O'Hana breakfast, it's one of my favorites!

YES YES YES!! It's a MUST do! SO SO SO sad we missed it in November. Matt especially was bummed about missing Stitch!

Life update.

Hello all. Just wanted to do a quick life update. My Mom was hospitalized this past Sunday for labored breathing.
Monday- said if her breathing doesn't come down a little they would put her in ICU. She was unable to go from the bed to the bathroom without being totally out of breath, including talking on the phone was a challenge.

Yesterday- i went to see her and she looked great! She was able to have a conversation without too much trouble i gave her all her goodies. New PJ's slippers coloring books and a mad lib book. Yep
The doc (who i cannot stand and he knows it) came and said how she is doing much better and she might have rhinovirus--- what---- how she could come home the next day (today)
Mom Love you you look great I have to get the hell out of here.
Went home and showers scrubbed myself of all the germs threw my clothes in a plastic bag and washed them in hot water. Lysol-ed the house.
NO.

With this was an eye opener.
Smoking needs to stop.. I am currently looking into those vapor things i am turned off of smoking now. I just need something to replace the inhaling and something to do with my hands. I need something ASAP i can't do this anymore.

I'm done. and as far as she knows she is done too.

all my friends out there have opinions and thoughts in how to quit..

BRING IT ON PLEASE!

we need a do over. really.. Tom and i are really talking about an adult trip.

January 2018! Jim and I will be going then so I can run some of the Disney races. They are usually the first or maybe second weekend in January.

So glad your Mom is OK. No advice on quitting as I never smoked (well other than once or twice in college) but I know you can do it!

Mock Day 4
Hollywood Studios!

This is also a favorite of our traveling companions!
Sadly the last time they went they were only allowed to do star tours once! Their guide was a stickler on time and stuff Had to be here then there.. NO TIME FOR THAT. geesh another reason to make this trip relaxing yet get a lot of the FUN in!

We don't do that.
We will ride Star tours about a gazillion times. LOVE IT!

See all the new stuff going on check out the star wars launch bay!

Have early lunch at Starring rolls. I MUST HAVE MY CUPCAKE! and turkey sandwich.

My mouth is already watering..
Then all of our favorites!

The Just OK movie ride

Dinner will be at

SCI-FI!

One of the few restaurants they asked for.

Enjoy it all! Im sure they are going to want to do the Frozen sing along again.. We will happily attend whether matt wants to or not:

More then likely get the Star Wars dessert party this night! Mmmmmm More sugary goodness!
Find some bubbles

Call it a NIGHT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter