Why do you rent a camper for camping?

I thought the teardrop was cute when I saw the first picture, but when I saw the MINI I died! I'm a MINI Clubman owner who loves her MINI so much I convinced my husband to get one too :)

The poster asks why rent a camper to camp at Fort Wilderness. My guess is that it would be a great way to try camping in a friendly and easy spot.

As others have said, if you have to pay to rent and for the site, you probably won't come out ahead. But, consider your food tastes and expenses when doing the math. We eat at a sit-down restaurant each day and get snacks in the parks. However, with the camper, we can make breakfast and usually one other meal each day. That allows us to eat the food that we like and to keep the costs down a bit.

The real reason to camp at the Fort is that camping provides a very different experience than staying in one of the other resorts. I have stayed at several resorts; Polynesian, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, and the Dolphin. They are all really nice. But, at the Fort, we have some outdoor space. On our last visit, the kids set up a badmitten net in the sand area. We had a great time playing as a family - something that would not have happened at the other resorts. We also did a bike ride to the Wilderness Lodge on a nice trail. Again, we probably wouldn't have our bikes along if we were at another resort.

We originally bought our camper for a trip out West to see the National Parks. But, we have really enjoyed the family time it enables. We camp at many different kinds of campgrounds, from State Parks to RV Resorts. We have stayed at the Fort twice. And, we have an upcoming reservation to do it again (and hopefully a few more times after that). It is really a great experience and I highly recommend it.

the eman

I can see the bonuses to renting a camper; air conditioning and not walking to the potty are big ones. Of course, the big drawback is cost of renting.

We have a large tent, and sleeping cots, and with my hubby being a big boy trying to get him to sleep in a rented pop up trailer is out of the question. Since there is only two of us, renting a larger camper is too much space for us with the limited time we are actually at our camp site when we go to other places. This upcoming trip will allow more time to relax since we will be cooking quite a bit at the tent, so more breaks from the parks than when we stay in at a resort.

Any trip to Disney is great, and either hotel or camping it will be magical pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter