Why do YOU love Disney so much???

To me it is the uniqueness that allows WDW to stand apart from other vacation destinations.

Considering what WDW has meant to Florida tourism(Orlando in particular) over the last 30-40 years, I'm surprised that the state of Florida or city of Orlando don't "sponsor" an attraction at one of the parks.:)

When I'm at Disney I get to be a kid. I wasn't much of one when I was actually one and it feels so go to be at Disney wearing my Mickey ears, getting excited about seeing characters, and riding rides. I guess I'm actually getting my childhood as an adult and I get to go with my very best friends in the whole world dh and dd. There is nothing better than being a kid with your own kid. For now I have dream about my next visit, not 'til August.:sad2:

I agree, I am a 36 yr old married man with a DS4 and DD7. We went twice when I was a kid, when I was about 5-6 and we took a small camper, (we were not rich) and stayed at Ft. Wilderess and my brother (10-11) and I sat in the back of the truck the whole way. It took us two days to get there and two days to get back. This was not a very memorable trip for me. We went in the summer and the truck had a camper shell. We went again when I was about 12 and my brother was 16-17 and really did not want to go (girls and everything). We stayed at a Days Inn or something and since my brother was driving then, all he wanted to do was drive around to other hotels to find girls. Not real memorable either. So as an adult and married I thought it was strange that people my age would get married and go to WDW for their honeymoon.:confused: I would tell my wife, "why are they going to WDW?" Then we had our children and I still really did not want to go, I guess from the experiences I had as a child and the fact, I had no idea of the different parks and resorts that were added. The last time I went as a kid EPCOT was half way completed. So then In Aug. 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit and It changed my life. I realized my kids need to go to DW. So I planned it as soon as I got back to work, We Went in April 06 and I was hooked, mainly by the looks on my kids faces DS2, DD5 at the time. I was not schooled on how to do it all and we missed alot and spent too much money. So we went back in Dec. 06 again the week before Christmas and it was even better, but my DS was too short to ride anything and he cried often. So I said we will go back when he is taller. So we planned another trip for Mardi Gras 08. It was perfect. The cheapest time to go, small crowds, great weather. It was going to be perfect. We get there SAt. from flying all morning, take a nap, then go eat and go to the P&PP. No crowds, no lines, everybody rides everything as many times as we like, parade up close, fireworks, great!!! Then wake up Sunday, great day stay at EPCOT for illuminations, ride soarin and test track each twice. great day. Go to bed and my son says "I'm cold" and he coughs terribly all night and has 102fever in the morning. We have to leave Monday morning to get him home as he is asthmatic, and lose Monday and Tuesday. I think it hit me the hardest having to leave suddenly after planning so much and looking forward to it. We surprised my kids and they did not know where we were going until we got on the magical express. So I right know I am planning for next Mardi Gras to go back, because there is no place else I would rather go. So for being long winded.

Because when I am there my family does not fight and that is like a small piece of heaven.

You know, that is a really good question, but it is one I just really can't answer.

I like to think that it really IS the happiest place on earth. I am always happy there. At home, I get easily irritated and I always stressed out. When I am in WDW I feel totally carefree. I don't think of bills or school or work. I just have FUN.

But I do know people who feel that a trip to WDW is chaotic and miserable, so I guess it is subjective.

I feel like everything there is magic. While I know deep inside that it is a corporation, a business to make money, they do a wonderful job in making me feel important, that Disney cares about me feeling the magic and being happy and special.

I just love it. It is like no place else in the world.

My parents took us a couple of times when we were kids but it was just for day trips. I loved it but wanted to stay longer.

I didn't go again until dd was about 4. That's when I really fell in love with DL and WDW--seeing it through her eyes. I love being able to lose all our cares for a week.

Now she's 17 and I love it because it's one place I know she'll hold my hand and call me Mommy. :love:

DH loves it because it makes dd and I so happy.

I agree, I am a 36 yr old married man with a DS4 and DD7. We went twice when I was a kid, when I was about 5-6 and we took a small camper, (we were not rich) and stayed at Ft. Wilderess and my brother (10-11) and I sat in the back of the truck the whole way. It took us two days to get there and two days to get back. This was not a very memorable trip for me. We went in the summer and the truck had a camper shell. We went again when I was about 12 and my brother was 16-17 and really did not want to go (girls and everything). We stayed at a Days Inn or something and since my brother was driving then, all he wanted to do was drive around to other hotels to find girls. Not real memorable either. So as an adult and married I thought it was strange that people my age would get married and go to WDW for their honeymoon.:confused: I would tell my wife, "why are they going to WDW?" Then we had our children and I still really did not want to go, I guess from the experiences I had as a child and the fact, I had no idea of the different parks and resorts that were added. The last time I went as a kid EPCOT was half way completed. So then In Aug. 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit and It changed my life. I realized my kids need to go to DW. So I planned it as soon as I got back to work, We Went in April 06 and I was hooked, mainly by the looks on my kids faces DS2, DD5 at the time. I was not schooled on how to do it all and we missed alot and spent too much money. So we went back in Dec. 06 again the week before Christmas and it was even better, but my DS was too short to ride anything and he cried often. So I said we will go back when he is taller. So we planned another trip for Mardi Gras 08. It was perfect. The cheapest time to go, small crowds, great weather. It was going to be perfect. We get there SAt. from flying all morning, take a nap, then go eat and go to the P&PP. No crowds, no lines, everybody rides everything as many times as we like, parade up close, fireworks, great!!! Then wake up Sunday, great day stay at EPCOT for illuminations, ride soarin and test track each twice. great day. Go to bed and my son says "I'm cold" and he coughs terribly all night and has 102fever in the morning. We have to leave Monday morning to get him home as he is asthmatic, and lose Monday and Tuesday. I think it hit me the hardest having to leave suddenly after planning so much and looking forward to it. We surprised my kids and they did not know where we were going until we got on the magical express. So I right know I am planning for next Mardi Gras to go back, because there is no place else I would rather go. So for being long winded.

YesMickey, I loved your post! Thanks for taking the time to share. You're creating some very special memories for your kids that will pay off forever. I hope your kids stay well on your next trip and you have many more magical trips to the house of Mouse.

I love all of the reasons and feel much the same as many of you. I'l be celebrating my 31st trip to the World in June and am just as excited as I was the first time. My parents are gone now, but every time I walk through the train tunnel, enter the square and see the castle I feel them in my heart.

Unlike the real world, at WDW:

You don’t have to be handsome or pretty to be treated as someone special by the Cast Members;

You don’t have to act your age;

You can find out about many different cultures by either observing others or, better yet, interacting with others – especially the folks working in their country’s pavilion in the World Showcase;

As your kids grow older, they continue to find a whole new set of things they love there;

You can relax or spaz out – it’s your choice;

You can enjoy rides, attractions, and restaurants that are themed with tremendous attention to detail;

Staying at an on-site resort can be its own vacation;

The transportation – boats, trains and monorail - is even fun;

Its good exercise;

There is always something new to explore (and even exploring the older stuff usually reveals surprises);

Once your kids are mature enough, you can give them some space without having too many worries;

If something goes wrong, WDW actually cares to try and make it right;

and

Sometimes, for no reason at all, a Cast Member does something so special that you can’t help but love the place. For example, when my youngest daughter was about seven years old, she and I were holding down a good location on the curb on Main Street for a parade. With little to do, she began making a Mickey with some sugar packets from a restaurant. When a CM came up with a broom and dustpan, I feared he would say that he needed to sweep it up. But, he asked what she was making. When she explains that it was a Mickey head, he said it was great and said that Disney liked to reward artists. After asking what her favorite ice cream flavor was, he left and came back with a free sundae for my daughter. No where else but WDW!

Because I can feel like a kid again without any responsibilities!

Wow great stuff...

One reason is that it is an easy vacation to plan (only easier vacation is the disney cruise). I have planned all or family vacations from cross county camping to beach trips and more-

I remember my first trip to Disneyland with my mother, brother and great aunt. The thing I remember most is seeing Tinkerbell fly from the castle. I was about 4 or 5 years old and I can so clearly remember that today more than 40 years later.

I get so excited when approaching a ride or event that I almost start to run and teens are telling me to slow down-I just can't help it the excitement starts building in me.:wizard: I love that excitement. :flower3:

....because I'm sort of a serious person in "real life" but when I'm at Disney, I find my playful inner child and it's ok.

These posts are amazing, I just love reading about everyone's experiences and yes, a few have made be tear up. Disney fans are the BEST!!! Keep the posts coming, I look forward to reading more!!

Something that I left out in an earlier post, that Tom Robbins wrote at the end of his book (Still Life with Woodpecker).

"You're never to old...to have a happy childhood" :tigger:

Which is exactly how I feel when visiting WDW.

I really can't tell you why I love Disney so much. The first time I went, Disney World wasn't even built yet. As I remember, they just had a building to go in and they told you all about the Magic Kingdom and I remember we bought a book that had pictures and stuff. I think I was hooked then because I remember spending a lot of time reading and looking at that book. :) Then my parents won a trip through my dad's business and the 2 of them went and stayed at the Contemporary and went to the Magic Kingdom. (MK and Contempory were the only things there then) They loved it so much, they took us later that summer for a day or so. I probably was in Junior High or High School. I can't remember. Since then I've gone back many many times. Anytime someone was going and they invited me, I was gone like a shot. Then when I married at age 31, turns out my husband loves it as much as me. We'd go back every other year or so. Then when the girls came along, we took them. The 1st time was when they were around 3 & 6. They loved it and we've been going back about every 2 or 3 years since. My oldest is 16 now and says when she gets married she's going there for her honeymoon. She says she's going to have to find a guy that loves Disney as much as she does. I think it's great when we get there, the girls don't worry about being cool, they just want to have fun. I think no matter how old we are, we can all act like we're kids at Disney.

The smells:
Like after it rains-Disney Rain, or the smell of boat water on It's small world & splash mountain. The smell of smoke in Pirates or in Spaceship Earth or the smell of the cold air & fruits & veggies In "the land", the smell of popcorn, and funnel cake & chocolate and baked goods, the smell of the shops on main street, the smell of the hotel room, the smell of "Mexico" on the boat ride, the musty smell of HM, the smell of Boma, or the smell of the morning by the pool, or the smell of Fireworks, it's all a comfort. One that stays in your memory. Aliciapirate:

I love it because....

It's a place that encourages you to be dreamy and young and to use your imagination and to believe that anything you imagine can become reality.

It's a place that feels immune to the ills of the outside world to the point where you can forget that it even exists. And you can forget your own worries for a while as well.

It's where I had the best holiday of my entire life - when my parents (who live in America) and my boyfriend (who lives here in the UK) first met and got along swimmingly and we went home with fantastic memories. Also adding to that happiness was the fact I was so worried my boyfriend would hate WDW, as he's a bit of serious sort, and was overjoyed when he loved it as much as I did.

I love that the people who created it - and who continue to build and improve on it - have gone to such lengths to make people happy that they think nothing of putting the most tremendous thought and effort into the smallest details.

I appreciate that it's a place where - for the most part - nothing is too much trouble for the 'customer'. CMs, by and large, are always friendly, enthusiastic and kind - and always smiling.

I love it because my parents love it - even though they're in their early 60s. My dad even has a tattoo of Goofy - his first one ever, which he got for his 60th birthday.

And I love it because it makes you feel special and inspires others to do special things - a stranger giving a crying child a pin, a CM going beyond the call of duty, a husband surprising his wife with a romantic meal, a character stopping by your table at the Garden Grille... even just standing in the shadow of the castle, the place has the knack of making you feel like you're 'somebody' and that someone thought you were so special that they put it all together just to make you happy.

For me, it's in the magic of walking down Main Street and then I start remembering watching Walt on TV at night, the orginal Mickey Mouse Club with Cuby, Susan (I had a crush on her), Jimmy, and the rest of the group, watching on TV the opening of Disneyland, and so much more. Every time I walk into the MK I feel like I'm coming home. I guess it's the child in me remembering all the "good feelings of my childhood" coming back to me and getting that warm fuzzy feeling. It is trully a Magical Place!

I get to escape into a different place where horrible things don't happen. I feel like that's my life when I'm there. Just getting up and going to the parks to ride rides, what a life! I'm in a fantasyland.

And I love how I feel like a 6 year old again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter