Why do YOU love Disney so much???

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Community' started by MouseFan71, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MouseFan71

MouseFan71 Mouseketeer

Jan 7, 2008
    I'm a Disney fanatic and just feel so great when I'm actually at Walt Disney World or even in the process of planning a Disney vacation. They just do such a great job at making it really feel magical. I can't put my finger on any one thing I love, I guess it's just the fact that I feel 7 years old again when I'm there. Just curious, why do you love it?
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. DJ Disney Kid

DJ Disney Kid Walt Disney World Vet

Feb 12, 2004
    Because I think of it as Walts last gift to us. He showed us what to do by building Disneyland, then bought all that Florida land before his passing and its kinda like him saying "Here, now you people do it." And all of us as a society have worked to keep this place going. We feel that its important enough in our culture not to let it "die".
  4. Disneydd2

Disneydd2 Mouseketeer

Jan 27, 2008
    You got it exactly right. I feel like a kid again. Disney World is just so imaginative, and friendly, and creative, and beautiful, and inspiring, and fun, and immersive, and awesome, and safe, and enjoyable, and hilarious, and scary (Tower or Terror:) ), and loving, and nostalgic, and exciting, and relaxing, and sincere, and, well, just magical.

I really enjoyed going with my family as a child. And I've really enjoyed taking my family as a grown-up child. Disney is family.

I think Walt would be proud.
  5. earthelves

earthelves DIS Veteran

Aug 9, 2007
    "Its Such A Happy Place":) :) :) :)

6. Lizzy Lemon

Lizzy Lemon DIS Veteran

Jan 30, 2006
    Because its a magical place, leaves you to come home with happy memories and the fact that you can escape from the horrors in the news that surround you in everyday life and in ours and many other families relieves the pressure of having a special needs child as you know at Disney they are treated well in most cases.
  7. jadedbeauty14304

jadedbeauty14304 DIS Veteran

Nov 14, 2007
    I love Disney World so much because it is an escape into an alternate universe where everyone you come into contact with is happy to see you. Sometimes life is hard, and having a place where you feel like everything is just right... well it is priceless.
  8. JenSop

JenSop DIS Veteran

Sep 17, 2007
    My first trip was when I was 8 years old. I still remember standing by the castle watching the fireworks; When You Wish Upon a Star was playing, and I just felt so wonderful; everything was magical - I actually was so moved that I cried even as an 8 yr. old. After that I was hooked. :wizard:

We went on several trips after that with my grandparents. They always let me help with planning and preperation. I was a bit of a nerd and would spend time memorizing the park maps and information books. (At the time it was only MK and Epcot - at least for the first few times.) I really cherish those trips. My grandfather passed away in '96 and our Disney trips are some of my best memories with us all together.

Then as an adult, DH and I went to WDW for our honeymoon and again for our fifth anniversary. So it's special for us together, too. We're going with my parents and grandmother this July as new DVC members. All the excessive planning (love it!) makes me feel like I'm nine years old again, helping to make a great trip for all! :grouphug:

I love WDW!:love:
  9. wdwfanatic80

wdwfanatic80 Mouseketeer

Feb 24, 2004
    For me it has just been how it makes me feel. I can't really describe it, but when I get there from the moment I pull through the Welcome Sign, I just feel this special feeling sweep over me and it stays that way until the day we pull away. And now it is even more special that I have experienced it for the first time through my dd2's eyes. She has been four times before this past trip, but this time she was at a magical age and it was just AWESOME! I can't wait to get back!!
  10. MouseFan71

MouseFan71 Mouseketeer

Jan 7, 2008
    I'm loving these answers. I never went to Disney as a child, my first visit was on my honeymoon in 1995, I immediately feel in love with it. I love that I can take my children there and hopefully they will continue the tradition with their children someday.
  11. msmouse

msmouse <font color=darkorchid>ok, don't know that I can b

May 12, 2001
    Some people "get it", some don't. You people do. It is the only place that I feel totally at peace. It's not the rides, it's not the food, although both are very importanat to me. It is how I feel when I am there. The closest I have come to that feeling is standing on the beach looking at the waves coming in from the Gulf. It comes close, but nothing else compares. I am so fortunate to have a sister that feels the same as I do. We travel there together often. My son loves it as much as we do, but his job does not allow frequent trips. Our times there together are priceless.
  12. bettyann29

bettyann29 <font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..

Dec 30, 2003
    For me its just the way it makes me feel while Im there.. For that amount of time, whether its 4 days or 7 days or however long.. Seeing that castle for the first time every trip or walking down Main Street.. even just seeing the smiles on the faces of the CM's.. I really do believe they enjoy being there too!

My family never got to travel when I was younger as there was no money and there were so many of us.. so now as an adult I enjoy traveling and I enjoy being able to give that to my children and hope that as they grow they can do that for their children..

We make sacrifices to be able to travel like we do, but its what we enjoy doing..

We actually just got back and while our trip was nice, it just didnt seem magical.. our grandbaby was sick almost the entire time and I came back with the flu and have been in bed for almost this entire week.. Me and DH were planning on going back in May but on Sunday I told him that I think I want to wait til December as we are going then also.. guess what?? Tuesday I booked our trip for May and the excitement is back.. I guess it was just a funk from being sick.. :rotfl:
  13. GrowingUpDisney

GrowingUpDisney 589 Miles From My Favorite Place On Earth!

Feb 16, 2007
    It is really hard to explain - especially to people who haven't known me all my life. My family is extremely close and we used to visit Disney World nearly every year for New Years...I"m talking mom, dad, sis, me, grandparents, aunt, uncle, 3 cousins! We always had a ball and I think I am just drawn to Disney for that very reason. Most of my childhood memories are from Disney. I remember riding Dumbo with my mom. I remember seeing Mickey and my heart just racing. I remember one night winning a drawing for my entire family to have a FREE steak dinner at our resort. When I think of Disney - I think of my family and all those memories that make me feel so warm inside. I want that for my children. I want to take my children to Disney every year if possible - and at least every other year with their cousins (my sis and her dh & kids) and their Nana and Papa. I want to create those memories with them that they will take with them forever.

You can't explain it to "non-Disney" people. They don't get it. Even my own dh doesn't understand...but he knows I love it and knows there are memories for me there that cannot be erased and allows me to love it. (He is coming around :thumbsup2)
  14. Dawn68PA

Dawn68PA DIS Veteran

Nov 12, 2007
    I never went as a kid either. First trip I was 25ish. I fell in love immediately. It's the only place we have ever vacationed that I've had no complaints, feel well taken care of and totally relaxed. Each time I now see the castle, the little girl in me still stands there in awe. :goodvibes
  15. ObsessedwiththeMouse

ObsessedwiththeMouse <font color=blue>Diehard <b>Packers</b> fan, <i>bu

Feb 6, 2007
    I love Disney because it feels like "home" to me. It's the one place where I feel like I belong. I don't have a care in the world when I'm there. It's so magical and I feel so relaxed when I'm there.

Ever hear of the Daughtry song called "Home"? When I hear that song, I think about going back to Disney...(except for the "costing a thing part"....LOL)
  16. bsjs0708

bsjs0708 DIS Veteran

Jan 17, 2008
    Well for me it is mostly the nostalgia. Being born and raised in So.Cal. our dad would take the family on yearly(sometimes twice a year) to DL. He would get sooo excited and we always had such a MAGICAL time. Sitting on main street and watching the sun go down and the whole street transform when the lights came on is something dad always loved to do. Dad died 6 years ago and I found out AFTER he died that when Walt had the street lamps installed he had comissioned SOuthern California Edison for some of the work and dad was on the team. :cheer2: GO DAD!!!! Anyway all things DISNEY bring me a sense of nostalgia and reminds me of Dad and those VERY special trips to DL.
  17. LadyTrampScamp&Angel

LadyTrampScamp&Angel DIS Veteran

Apr 30, 2001
    I love Disney because:

I always wanted to go to Disneyland as a child but never got to. It's the fulfillment of a childhood dream.

Now that I have kids myself, my own family, it's a place we can all enjoy together, bond over, make memories that will last all our lives. You know the tag line - "priceless".

Because the above reason was exactly what Walt wanted when he created Disneyland. I admire his drive, creativity, vision and purpose so much.

It's an escape from the real world.

Our annual Disney trip is a family tradition.

Even if everything isn't 100% perfect when we are there (my biggest complaints are heat and crowds but what are ya going to do?) it's a better all encompassing customer service experience than I've received just about anywhere.

I love that every sense is stimulated by design, on so many levels. You can take it as pure entertainment, you can be intellectually stimulated by all the creativity, the engineering and imagination it takes to make it all work just right . . .

I love that it touches on the possiblity of a world the way you'd want it to be, and they help you believe in good.

And it's just fun! There is something for everyone, of all ages.

I'm sure I could come up with more reasons, but that's off the top of my head!
  18. MickeyMouseMomofSix

MickeyMouseMomofSix Mouseketeer

Feb 12, 2007
    I never got to go to WDW as a kid, as much as I wished I could. My first trip to WDW was in 2004 at age 23! I had such a magical time, it was more than I had even dreamed of. I could just let go of all the stresses of daily life, and all the bad stuff going on in the world, and just be a kid again where life has no worries. Seeing it all thru the eyes of my kids makes it even more special for me. And not everyone agrees with me! Some people I know think Disney is stupid, boring, kiddish, etc. They dont know what they are missing!
  19. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak

Nov 1, 2007
    BEcause you can see a Dad that in "real life" is a boring, hard-working, concerned with paying the bills adult :surfweb: dance, shimmy and shake when he's entering Adventureland, :banana: and his kids just stare in complete disbelief.:eek:
    Because you can see all too cool teenage boys and girls, scream and become excited about seeing a character.
    Because you escape your real life and be whatever you want to be for the day.
  20. apr9twins

apr9twins Earning My Ears

Jan 23, 2006
    It's definitely the way that I feel when I get there. I get so excited I can hardly stand it! :goodvibes

My first trip was in 2001 when I was 36. My dh and I were attending a conference and it was a bonus that it was at WDW - neither of us had ever been, we knew absolutely nothing about it - we were just really excited to be there. We went to EPCOT one afternoon and entered through the International Gateway - and there were characters hanging out just inside the gate! I couldn't believe it - I felt like I was a little kid! It was Prince John, Sherrif of Nottingham, Smee, Captain Hook and the Tweedles. It wasn't crowded at all - and I had never seen the characters in person. I had so much fun just interacting with them, getting pictures taken, etc. I could have left right then and been happy. I will never forget how I felt then - absolutely no cares, stress, lines...nothing. Just totally immersed in the magic of it all.

Later when we were in the World Showcase area I was in a gift shop buying film and I heard music...I looked at the cashier and said "what is that?" and she said it was the double decker bus with Mickey Mouse on it (I don't remember the name of it). I just looked at dh and he said "I'll finish this - you go" - and I ran out of the store and over to where the bus had parked. It was so funny... (I'm not much of a runner! :rotfl2: )

Now we have almost 6 year old twins and to experience the parks through them is incredible. I love watching them on the rides, interacting with characters, watching the shows, etc. I am so glad that we've been been fortunate enough to be able to share it with them. :cloud9:
  21. madthemouse

madthemouse Laughing Place.

Oct 16, 2002
    Like most people who have visited WDW, and have their own memories, so do I. Something that I started when my daughter was just 4 years old, is celebrating her birthday at WDW every May.

I remember asking my daughter a few years ago, "If she would like to take a break from visiting WDW". I enjoyed her response, "Going to WDW is like, looking forward to celebrating Christmas, it's something that you expect to do". So here we are, looking forward to our 14th visit this spring.

It's nice to escape the "Real" world, and to enter into the World of Walt Disney.