Why do rules not apply to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, I never used the words stupid or smart, you injected those.
Second, IMO, people who follow a rule regardless of the situation, the intent of the rule or the importance of the rule, simply because it is a rule....are acting like sheep...that's what sheep do. they follow blindly. Not necessarily a bad thing, if it's what you're comfortable doing. But I'm not.
I'm ok with you following the letter of the law on every level in every aspect of your life. I'm also comfortable with you (the collective you...not you specifically) saying you do not like me or respect me or whatever because I do not share your passion for rule following.
We are, however, on a message board. So if we're all voicing our opinions, I will voice mine as well.
So, in short, no, I never called anyone stupid. There are a few individuals who I believe are quite rude, but it's not important enough to me to call them out on it

I had no idea we have to question every single rule and law and if they make no sense to us or seem not important enough we are free to go around them. I guess not everyone still Sticking it to the Man after HS, stupid me.:confused3
OK, my shift is about to start, I am #99 in Setra team.

I don't always agree with rules but I always try to comply. I fully realize that when rules are made I'm not always privy to the reasons but try to assume that there are good reasons for them. So why do so many people feel they should be exempt?

I really don't understand the big deal over the fast passes.. You have a time frame during which to return... Do it or don't complain....gee whiz...:confused3

:laughing: Good one for April Fools Day :cutie:

Why stop at FP?

What about THOSE people who try to check into their resort before 3pm. They should have planned their arrival from the airport better. It is clearly stated check in time is 3pm, just because they arrive early they have a lot of nerve trying to check in upon arrival.

And then the ilk that try to keep their room past 11am on check out day. These types actually think the rules don't apply to them and ask to keep their room a few extra hours for no charge.

The nerve :scared1:

ANd what about those people who show up before the park officially opens and CM let them in? They should be following the rules and cross their arms and object to entering a park because THAT would be against Disney's published opening time.

And those scally wags that won't leave when the park closes, don't they know those poor CM's are ready to go home for the day, geesh! Yet they shamelessly get in lines 5 minutes before closing or enter a store to SHOP and stay PAST the official published closing time. Why do they think closing hours don't apply to them?

And what about those families that LINGER over their meals or stay seated waiting on a character to come to their table for pictures. Don't they realize that they are holding up a table for another family that is waiting to get seated. Eat and get out for goodness sake. These are the same people that will demand to have their FP stamped so they can relive the glory days of late FP use.

Oh, and don't get me started about those line cutters, all those people who take their children out of line to use the bathroom, really, if they have to exit the line, then they should just come back later at a time when they can all wait patiently together.

Yep, those rules should be adhered to that's for sure ;)

;) No one clapped, people using fast passes late, thus the fall of the fairies.
Have to say that I alone am personally responsible for hundreds of fairies biting the dust.

Wow, she has an adventurous spirit and she's street smart-that girl is the total package!

I hope the CM's are as astute as you at noticing - so that my little snowflake can get some extra attention and special treatment.

I hope the CM's are as astute as you at noticing - so that my little snowflake can get some extra attention and special treatment.

Maybe they will allow you all to use your fast passes past the allotted time! Heck, they may let you in the
fp line without having fps at all!
new-snow.gif
new-snow.gif
new-snow.gif

I had no idea we have to question every single rule and law and if they make no sense to us or seem not important enough we are free to go around them. I guess not everyone still Sticking it to the Man after HS, stupid me.:confused3
OK, my shift is about to start, I am #99 in Setra team.
I wasn't even sticking it to the man IN high school...
But I do drive over the speed limit sometimes. I do cross in the middle of the street sometimes. I've taken my 9 year old to a PG13 movie.
If the govt saw fit to reinstate prohibition, I'm pretty sure I'd still have a glass of wine.
I really don't think showing up after my ADR with a receipt and a FP is sticking it to the man, but you are welcome to your opinion.

:laughing: Good one for April Fools Day :cutie:

Why stop at FP?

What about THOSE people who try to check into their resort before 3pm. They should have planned their arrival from the airport better. It is clearly stated check in time is 3pm, just because they arrive early they have a lot of nerve trying to check in upon arrival.

And then the ilk that try to keep their room past 11am on check out day. These types actually think the rules don't apply to them and ask to keep their room a few extra hours for no charge.

The nerve :scared1:

ANd what about those people who show up before the park officially opens and CM let them in? They should be following the rules and cross their arms and object to entering a park because THAT would be against Disney's published opening time.

And those scally wags that won't leave when the park closes, don't they know those poor CM's are ready to go home for the day, geesh! Yet they shamelessly get in lines 5 minutes before closing or enter a store to SHOP and stay PAST the official published closing time. Why do they think closing hours
don't apply to them?

And what about those families that LINGER over their meals or stay seated waiting on a character to come to their table for pictures. Don't they realize that they are holding up a table for another family that is waiting to get seated. Eat and get out for goodness sake. These are the same people that will demand to have their FP stamped so they can relive the glory days of late
FP use.

Oh, and don't get me started about those line cutters, all those people who take their children out of line to use the bathroom, really, if they have to exit the line, then they should just come back later at a time when they can all wait patiently together.

Yep, those rules should be adhered to that's for sure ;)
:thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

When I found out they were going to start enforcing fastpasses....well, I was a little :sad1:. I liked not having to worry about my return time and just riding the ride when we got back to that area of the park. But, I must say, with the entertainment these FP threads have given me, I believe it has far exceeded the joy of flexibility to return to a FP ride when it was convenient. :rotfl: Thank you FP enforcement! :worship: Thank you very much. :thumbsup2

I guess some of us just aren't sheep who follow blindly without question.
We try to see the spirit of the rule and apply it as we see right.
You are free to do as you like....I won't even criticize it or call you names....

Some people screech to a halt if they see a yellow light...some people speed up to make it through safely before it turns red.

I think it's funny that you call people sheep and in the next sentence say you won't call people names. I could care less about fastpass return times but calling people who follow rules sheep is namecalling.

I am a rule follower but I think there is nothing wrong with using fastpasses late while you were allowed. When I made my ADRS, I wasn't going to make one for everyday because I had three toddlers. The CM on the phone told me that I should make as many ADRs as I want and just not show up if I didn't feel like going. That is what I did. Now, it seems that it was a problem and they changed the rules and I will make less ADRS. It never once occurred to me that restaurants would not seat others when we didn't show up. I figured when people do not show up, they just take walk ins the way other restaurants do. My sil went with her family and the CM on the phone said the same thing. She also made ADRs and went or didn't depending on her day. We were not breaking rules because we were told to do that. Now we have to do things differently because of the $10 charges. I will make one or two ADRS and that's it but that's life.

I really don't think showing up after my ADR with a receipt and a FP is sticking it to the man, but you are welcome to your opinion.

I will also take my receipt and show at the ride but I will do it if Disney delays my ADR, I will do everything in my power to get right FP to begin with, I will not just grab whatever is there just because how dare they think I will follow rules and then hope it will work, or complain if it does not.

LaurenT said:
First, I never used the words stupid or smart, you injected those.
Second, IMO, people who follow a rule regardless of the situation, the intent of the rule or the importance of the rule, simply because it is a rule....are acting like sheep...that's what sheep do. they follow blindly. Not necessarily a bad thing, if it's what you're comfortable doing. But I'm not.
kristennn said:
I'm not sure what *she* was saying - but I will say people who mindlessly do what they are told in every situation could quite fairly be called sheep.
Before asserting people who follow rules simply because they're the rules are sheep, it might be good to know why sheep behave as they do.

It's a survival mechanism http://www.working-border-collie.com/article3.html

I guess some of us just aren't sheep who follow blindly without question.
We try to see the spirit of the rule and apply it as we see right.
You are free to do as you like....I won't even criticize it or call you names....

Some people screech to a halt if they see a yellow light...some people speed up to make it through safely before it turns red.

That "some people" do something doesn't make it right, and it sure as heck doesn't make it legal http://www.driversedguru.com/drivin...xtras/what-to-do-when-the-light-turns-yellow/

Excerpted from that site:
Green = go. Red = stop. Yellow does not equal “gun it”!
Many drivers see a yellow light and start driving like they stole something. Don’t do that. Remember, if you’re crossing into an intersection and the light becomes red, you’re breaking the law. You’re also creating a dangerous situation for cross traffic.

I used to hoard fastpasses and use them only after the parks got crowded in the afternoons. Now i don't. I use them within the window. Whatever, i go with it. Now i just hoard childswaps..I'm evil that way.....:darth:

You know, as a newcomer to these forums, I simply don't get all this angst towards people that used their fastpasses after the printed return time...

Because as far as I can tell, I broke no rules! Every book or website I read, every tour guide that lead my group, and even Disney themselves told me that the "rule" is (or was) FPs may be used after the printed return window.

Now that Disney has changed their policy, I'll adhere to the new rule. Though I'll certainly miss the convieneice of the old system...

That "some people" do something doesn't make it right, and it sure as heck doesn't make it legal http://www.driversedguru.com/drivin...xtras/what-to-do-when-the-light-turns-yellow/

Excerpted from that site:
Green = go. Red = stop. Yellow does not equal “gun it”!
Many drivers see a yellow light and start driving like they stole something. Don’t do that. Remember, if you’re crossing into an intersection and the light becomes red, you’re breaking the law. You’re also creating a dangerous situation for cross traffic.

I agree that some people doing something does not make it right.
I disagree that I need to follow every rule to the letter just because it is a rule.
If I am driving in the rain and the light turns yellow at a point where i think i am too close to the intersection to stop safely, i am going to speed up to get through as quickly as i can...i really don't care if it's legal or not.
and I also don't think it's name calling to say that someone who follows blindly is acting like sheep....that's what sheep do. It's a fair analogy. I also don't dislike sheep so i don't see why people consider it insulting to say they are behaving like sheep...if that's what they're doing. Would you follow a rule that you knew was not good for you or your family...just because it's a rule? I wouldn't.
Anyway - i'm sure no one has an issue being referred to as sheep when it comes to their congregation....

I really love how passionate some of you are about this topic, and how you love to repeat your position on the subject. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Sometimes 30 to 40 times in the same thread, just in case all of the readers of that thread were cast members of the classic Adam Sandler film "50 First Dates".

I know, I know. Public message board, free to make your opinion known, no one can tell you to stop posting, yadda yadda yadda. Have at it with your bad self. *raises the roof*

Has turned into a debate , time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter