Why do people brag about being mean all the time?

I wouldn't let someones own negativity affect you. Obviously there may be deeper issues that we do not know about. It could also be poor self-esteem too. Just continue being friendly and kind and you'll be set. What is the saying, honey, not vinegar attracts.... :)

I agree. I feel it could be a self-esteem issue, also. I think like this feel more powerful when they are unkind.

I don't know but I sure don't need them in my life. I like happy and nice people.

In real life, I don't really socialize with people who are "blunt and tell it like it is."

Ick.

Really? I know a lot of people who are blunt, but also nice people. I think as somoene else pointed out that it's all in the delivery, and the true intention of a person's heart. There are plenty of people who will smile in your face, pretend like they are your best friend, but then go turn around and stab you in the back when they know you aren't looking. I'm much more fearful of establishing a relationship with that sort. At least with those who are blunt I know where I stand and feel I am getting an honest assessment.

Although I am more or less talking about people who I actually know, not people on the DIS. I don't understand a lot of the back story that is here, being a relative newcomer. I have a feeling when people are mean to each other there is more to the story than meets the eye. I also don't understand or appreciate all the delving into someone's past posts. For those of us who are just here for fun that can be really boring and petty. I've seen that quite a bit and wondered if that is just exclusive to the DIS. I haven't seen it as much on other message boards but since this one has been around for so long maybe people know each other offline and have a history together?

I also disagree with this. IMO it is just another way to be nasty and blame it on the poster. I think that sometimes the person is asking one thing and being accused of 10 other things so when they defend themselves this is what is thrown at them.
Not to say that some people do not want real opinions but I don't think this falls under most posters.

Absolutely....and this is in fact some poster's MO. The OP asks a question and instead of responding to the question at hand people start assuming all sorts of nonsense in order to express an alternate position. Then the OP comes back to clarify or correct the misassumptions and they get hammered with "why did you post if you didn't want to hear other people's opinions" etc. etc. It happens ALL the time. People who do that are trying to be difficult and create drama. There is no other explanation for it.

Then there are those who think they are so witty when they pull comments out of context and try to turn them on the poster followed by an array of silly emoticons. That's Junior High School at it's best.

Frankly I'm alittle taken aback by all the people who are trying to stand in defense. Sure, we all know that a poster's intent can be miscontrued but there are clearly a whole slew of posters who love to try and make themselves feel superior by making others look foolish. Unfortunately for them it seems they don't realize that they are the ones who end up looking foolish. For every poster who sides with them and their nonsense on the thread, there are probably 10 lurkers who see them for they really are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter