Why do people avoid the PM EMH?

It may just be our experience but we have always found the crowded. The only time we really do them anymore is on our last night when we are at MK more just to hang on to our last few hours at Disney.

I ALWAYS take advantage of evening EMH. I am NOT an early riser, so the later the better for me :thumbsup2 I have never found them overly crowded, in fact, even at Christmas, we were able to basically walk on every ride we wanted to go on, especially as it got later.

We didn't do it this time because of our kids, but we have done it before and loved it. I'm pretty sure it's personal preference. If your a morning person or if you have little kids you're probably (probably) more likely to do AM EMH and if you're a night owl or are child free then you're probably more likely to do PM EMH.

FWIW, whenever I have done PM EMH, I loved it. I got to watch the fireworks riding BTMRR one time and I have never forgotten that. Magical moment, right there. :goodvibes

We make it a point to do EMH. They can be crowded early on, but if you plan to stay late, you can walk onto attractions.

Agree. :thumbsup2. This past Feb, DH and myself took advantage of EMH till 12am and most of the crowd was gone by 10:30 and we were walking right onto rides!

I can think of three reasons:

1. Mind numbing fatigue!
2. Sore, burning Feet!
3. Tired, hurting back!

Forth not counted but significant:

4. Drastic need for beauty sleep! :eek:

Last summer, the crowd during evening EMH were insane. When the other parks close, everyone with a park hopper heads over to the one with EMH and it fills up.

We are June Visitors(Will be there in less than 2 weeks). We will be at PM EMH for MK. So excited. Our DS is now 11 so it is perfect. Plus we have very fair skin. I love night time at MK. It is so magical with all the lights & atmosphere:wizard:

We actually love them...and we are people with young children. We are early risers- there at park opening- but we also take a decent mid day break for rest and nap time. Evening EMH enables us to take a later dinner and then get in a few more hours of park time that we wouldn't have if we practiced the EMH avoidance method. We certainly don't stay in the parks until 2am or anything like that...but midnight works well for us.

Because we have 3 young kids who are up every morning by 7 AM :eek:

It is hard for yhem to go that long and we are exhausted from chasing them.

We went to extra magic hours at Magic Kingdom last Sunday--they were 11pm -2 am.

We arrived just a few minutes after 11 pm and were really surprised to see the electrical whatever parade on main street! I didn't know they would do a second parade! :)

For the first hour or so there were still lines on the most popular rides--I think we waited about 20 minutes for Space Mountain. By 1:00 am we were pretty much walking right on to most rides, maybe a 5 or 10 minute wait at the most.

We did an evening EMH at MK last year and we all loved it. MK was open until 3 am and we managed to stay until about 2 am. That does include my 2 kids who were 11 and 3 at the time. Riding BTMRR at 1:30 in the morning was so fun and my kids had a blast. Now before anyone thinks I'm horrible for letting my 3 year old stay up so late, we all took very long naps in the afternoon and all slept in late the next day. I do remember saying to my DH that I don't think we're getting parent of the year awards but oh well, we had fun. At home my kids are on a schedule but that always changes when we're on vacation.

We did the same thing with my 4 and 5 year old! We love MK EMH. We go in the morning then head back to the room for a nice long nap, get up eat dinner and then head back to MK, kast year we stayed until 3am and the kids had a blast!!!

EMH are incredible! I think the reason a lot of folks don't use extra magic hours is because, well, of the hours! EMH makes for a very late night, or early morning by the time the park closes and you return to your resort.

It's totally worth it though. You can get more done in those 3 hours at night than you can in a whole day!

We always do the late night EMH. We are not, and have never been early rises so it works for my family. We have never found it that busy even at Christmas.

I'm curious as to why people avoid these. It's a perk for those who stay onsite, what is the reasoning for avoiding it?

We don't do EMH because we don't get park hoppers.

I don't think it is worth battling higher crowds all day, from 10:00 in the morning, and being unable to get a table at lunch or a seat for the parade, just to get slightly smaller crowds for an hour or two at 10:00 or 11:00 at night.

I'd rather tour for fewer hours with smaller crowds. Much rather.

We avoid morning EMH unless it is for Animal Kingdom. I try to get as much done before the heat of the day as possible there. But EMH at night are my favorite! We didn't do hoppers on our trip before last and I missed going to the park with EMH each evening :( We just got back Friday from our latest trip and I took 3 kids by myself for part of EMH that evening and then DH joined us. The kids had a ball and so did I. The lines were tiny if they existed at all and that made for much happier kiddos. And this was after a dinner at 1900 Park Faire, so they were all pretty keyed up initially. DH tired out before EMH were over so we left with about 45 minutes left. We did more rides during that time though than we had gotten to do in the past two days combined!

I would love to do evening EMH but even with a break and a nap my DD5 just can't do it. I have thought about trying a longer mid day break but I feel I'm missing the parks too much.

We are early risers and usually do rope drop so that doesn't work well with late nights! I did evening EMH once at AK and it was fantastic, I don't think they do them there anymore. One of the reason we did it there was the extra hours were 7-10 pm so we weren't out that late. While we are early risers we don't usually do AM EMH either, I can get everyone out the door to a rope drop when opening is 9, 8 am is a different story!!

last month, April, was the first time I ever spent time in the parks right up until closing. let me tell you- I AM A CONVERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

less heat, some breezes and better atmosphere all the way around.

I talked to many guests on the buses, waiting in que, and at meals.
everyone said the "folks seem calmer, as it was not as warm out, and more relaxed. "

Now, whether or not folks took an afternoon break, had some down time, or were just happier, I could not tell you. But what a difference. after 5 any day was just so much nicer everywhere! I have never really been a commando, or a 12 hour day park person, or even a rope drop person, but i did just become a park closer!:goodvibes

My point is, loads of folks just like me are just learning this is better. Give them time!

We don't avoid them. We love them! We're from Calif. so getting to EMH a.m. is tough but doing the evenings is easy.

Also, since we go in the fall when the hours are shorter going to the EMH PM means we have more hours in the park. We have PH so we don't start our day in the EMH park. We go there later in the afternoon. and I love being in EPCOT until midnight! So cool!

I am bummed that they don't to the PM ones at AK anymore. We really missed it last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter