Who's sailing April 18-22, 2004 - gotta start this sometime!!

:rolleyes: Is it April yet???? Geesh, barely out of November and we get SLAMMED with snow. I hope this is not a prediction to what the winter is going to be like, we are in for a long one!

Any new people joining us on the April 18th Wonder?

Hello All! I was just trying to find my bookmark for this site earlier today. I have been so busy with getting ready for the holidays. We were just talking to our friend and getting the rental plans together for the van - we THINK we've decided to all drive down in one vehicle! That should be fun - let's see 4 adults and 6 or 7 children. Plan on having a big bottle of asprin for the adults when we get down there. Where is everyone staying when you get down to Florida? We're working on that plan also!! I thought it had been talked about - but I'm losing my mind.

I was trying to get some Christmas stuff out of the attic the other day and fell 6 feet and tore up my leg - nothing broke - thankfully - but it's just a huge pain - quite literally!!

Is everyone excited? I'm going to start going through clothes after Christmas - I've got two boys going through growth spurts - still looking for more 3T's for the little "princess"...and of course a 12 year old that's going on 30 - who is just something else with her wardrobe!! I can't wait - I can't wait - I can't wait!! Is it April yet!!

Be good all and talk to you soon!!

Lisa :)

One car!!!:crowded: are you renting a bus?

We, too were hit hard with snow...32".

Disney1fan2002--where are you in the Boston area. We get the channel 7 news. Looks like the northshore was hit hard.

goofy601- So glad to hear from you.

Everyone take care and hope for no more snow!!....Lee

Hello All!

Lee - ugh - you guys have had way too much snow for my blood. The rain melted almost all of our snow away the past couple of days. The hubby was mad yesterday because he had to work in the rain - still much better than the snow - I'd say!!

Yes - we're renting a bus - a 15 passenger van! That should be loads of fun!! :tongue:

I'm so excited - is it April yet :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Our youngest keeps telling everyone that we're going on the "Mickey Ship" - :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Gotta run - get the oldest boy off to school!

Talk again soon!

Lisa :wave:

:sunny: - Marie - Hope you had fun @ WDW! My friend from PTA just got back and had a super fantastic time. She said she didn't want to ever come home - and look she came back to our lovely Cleveland weather!!

OUR CRUISE IS SOLD OUT!?!? Where is everyone? We had to get a bigger room - and my friend tried to get a bigger room and she got put on a waiting list - our travel agent made a small boo boo when she told her they could add someone no problem! oopsie!!

Well, I want to get something done around here. Told the hubby it was killing me not to get back on that ladder and go up in the attic and start going through the summer clothes - he said he'd help me fall this time!! Isn't he sweet?!?

My little princess is sitting in my lap and wants a princess in my message - here it is...princess:

Later! Lisa

goofy601-- What? You fell the last time from your attic ladder?!! Oh my!! I never put away the summer clothes to begin with. They all sitting on the hutch in the middle of hallway. We went to Mexico for a family reunion in October. I have not had a change to get them packed away.

We are expected to get another storm this sunday/monday. We will all be ready for that April cruise if this keeps up all winter!!

You all take care........Lee

Hello! Have to admit the little green envy monster with all of you taking warm weather trips! :bounce: I am not a cold weather person. I do love Christmas though! We did the last little bit of shopping last night for our oldest! She is getting tougher to buy for. In between dolls and electronics and clothes and more clothes. DH said no more clothes for her - and I stuck to that - we got her a small t.v. and a dvd player for her room. You just can not beat the price of small dvd players these days. Well, I want to get to the post office to get stamps so I can finally mail out my Christmas cards. Stay warm and HEALTHY!! Lisa :)

Hello all.
We are anxiously awaiting our second Disney cruise in April. I will be traveling with my DH, DS-13, and DD-10. We really enjoyed the our first Disney 3-day Wonder cruise in Jan. 2001. The kids especially loved the clubs.

For this trip, we will be flying down a couple of days early to spend a day at Universal. We have the 2 park, 1 day pass and will be staying at the Hard Rock Hotel (hopefully, to appease my 13 yr. old!).

I hope you are all having as much fun as I am fantasizing about the impending trip. Anything to get my mind off the cold Connecticut weather!

Welcome to the group!

Someone that is actually flying! As of this moment - everyone that has posted here is driving down. We tried booking a room at the Radisson the other day - and they are completely booked! We have begun looking around in the same area...shame on us for waiting till the last minute. We did get our 15 passenger van reserved...and can hardly wait to put DH, myself, DD-12 1/2, DS-8 1/2, DS-4 1/2, DD-3 (by only a few days), MIL, My friend, her DD's - 15 and 11 all on board...sanity certainly doesn't run in my family!

I was bored the other day and started counting on the calendar different ways of counting down until our cruise -- and I figured out that it is only 15 Sundays until our cruise. It makes it sounds so much closer that way -- I told DH that I had to click into panic mode - get the suitcases down and start packing the clothes - that certainly got me an odd look! Oh well, having fun planning things out and looking forward to this trip -- it helps get me through these COLD days we're having in OH -- who lives in this state anyways??

Take care - stay warm - and healthy!

Lisa:)

Lisa! The Radisson is BOOKED??? Oh my, I am so glad I booked our room months ago!

Welcome DisneySailor! another New Englander...lokks like this cruise is going to be a New Engalnd cruise with an Ohioan thrown in (Goofy601);)

I am ready for April. I took the puppy uot today, and rather than doing his duty, he decided he wanted to romp around with a tree branch. I thought my fingers were going to fall off!

I cracked up at the noon news today, we have had a relatively mild winter so far, sop today, the coldes day so far, at 22 degrees, the news played it up as the "DEEP FREEZE" LOL. Had the poor reporters standing in the cold to report how cold it was outside.

WOW!! You all must be VERY adventurous to travel by car! We've made it as far as Virginia, but I think that was pretty much our limit. I did the road trip to Florida when I was a kid but that was back in the days when you could lay on top of the back seat under the rear window (anyone else remember that? Seems crazy now!).

We do have one of those wacky through Chicago flights that was mentioned earlier. I must say I've never traveled to Florida that way, but hopefully the leg stretch will do us good.

Good luck with all of your travel plans!

HEY! Who turned off the heat! These temperatures are nuts!
The only thing keeping me going right now is the fact that this cruise is getting closer! Is it April yet?!?

I remember being a kid and being squished in the back of a vw bug. We would take turns sitting in the "trunk". There were 4 kids and only 3 seats in the back -- talk about fun. Those were the days.

Yes, we tried several different ways of trying to book a room at the Radisson - and with our group - all the rooms that we would need are booked! I was so sure that because it's after spring break we wouldn't have any problems - wrong!

I am still working on a little something for everyone that has been chatting on this page - so that we'll reconize one another -- I'm probably going to be heading to the craft store this weekend. Someone said that lime green is our color -- and I am going to try and come up with a button...any one have any other ideas...I don't have much in the lime green color for our wardrobes...so that won't work...and I would definately like to meet all of you wonderful people that have been keeping the excitement of this trip going!!

Gotta run - the kids are starving already -- I think we're going through growth spurts again! UGH!:crazy:

Ok! I am cold. It is -3 F. I work in a very old highschool (founded in 1792!! I think the heating system is from the same era!) tonight we will see temps. -30 to -40 F. with wind chill factor!!

disneysailor- Welcome!! I have a DD8 and DS 13. We did Universal and IA last Feb. Remember the big blizzard President's weekend? We were driving to FL!! After that, this trip should be a breeze!! (with all that said, if any of you drving should see a Silver Honda Odyssey with Maine plates on the side of the road, please stop!!)

Goofy601--thanks for taking the "lime green" task on. I, too, have a lack of that color in my closet!! My DD has a collection of the Home Depot Disney paint samples. Included is a lime green. I am going to use these as luggage tags (I can not take credit for this--read it somewhere else on the DisBoards).

What?? The Radisson is booked!! I shouldn't be surprised. We are making ressie for our 3 days at WDW after the cruise. We having some differculties.

Disney1fan2002-- They just played "It's 5:00 somewhere" on the radio......cheers!!

You all take care and stay warm....Lee

OMG!!! I was trying to help my nephew figure out how much money he should put away each week to save for WDW. He is going to be at WDW with my sister and family while we are on the ship, and then Thursday we will meet up with them until Saturday. Anyway....14 weeks from tomorrow!!! 14 WEEKS!!! Holy cow, those weeks are going to fly. Gosh, Survivor All-Stars will still be playing out...I guess I have to change our Thursday night Hoop-Dee-Doo reservations! LOL

Who, beside my family has Radisson ressies for Saturday night?

LOL!! Marie thanks for putting it into prospective! :)

goofy601 said a few days ago we had 15 Sundays to go. I co teach the primary class at our church. I have 7 more lesson to prepare. :Pinkbounc

I think it will all hit me during Feb break (our usual time to go to FL). From Feb Vacation to April Vacation our school has no days off (unless it is a snowday). We have a teacher's workshop in March. So, my kids will have a day off, but I will not. This is our Mega Stretch (the longest period of school with no breaks). By April we are all fried (students and teachers). :crazy:

.......Lee

Lee, when is your Feb. break? Ours is Feb.16-20. March is the longest month because there are no holidays but the kids have Mar19th off for staff development.

Only a few more weeks until the cruise need to be paid in full! ACK.. I knew the time would go by to fats! LOL

Well, a little more planning for our trip today. We reserved two rooms at the days inn near cocoa beach -- we needed ocean or pool and went with pool - MIL reserved the rooms...so hopefully we have everything we'll need.

14 weeks...yeah!

We have this coming Friday off for Teacher Inservice - next Monday off for Martin Luther King Day -- and one day off in February and then nothing until spring break - our kids are actually taking a week off of school - because we planned for the week after Easter. Extra long vacation isn't going to hurt anyone!

We went to AAA today and got our triptik and maps and books of the states between Ohio and Florida - we want to find something to do on the road back home...the general vote is to go to Savannah - I've never been past North Carolina - so I'm pretty much game for anything!

Gotta run - going to work out with my friend...lost 3 lbs so far...DH lost 8! I'm very proud of him!!

Lisa :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter