• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's On Vacation?! We Are!!!! A Panama Canal 2015 Trip Report

Day 3- May 2, 2015- Animation, Prince and Princesses, Characters
The next day was an at sea day. I LOVE doing the animation classesand we drew Mickey Mouse. The characters I saw that day were Chip, Dale, Goofy, Donald, and Daisy. That night was an adults only openhouse at the Oceaneer Club. Sometimes, an activity could take place during this time. That night was the Royal Ball. This was when I discovered that Prince William and Duchess Catherine had their baby girl. The show that night was the new Avengers Movie in 3D. I was very disappointed and I prefered the first movie better.

Up Next: Where are we going in Cozumel, what is the adult only activity, who are the people in the Walt Disney Theatre?

Day 4- May 3, 2015- Cozumel, Magicians
The next day, we went to Cozumel. Our excursion took us to some ruins, a museum, and a chocolate factory. Lunch was at the museum. The food was really good and I got some nice souvineirs. Mexico hosted Miss Universe in 1978, 1989, 1993, and 2007, and won the title in 1991 and 2010. Dinner was at Triton's and the show in the Walt Disney Theatre that night were a magician couple named Kyle Knight and Mistie. They are from Las Vegas and they were so funny.

I even got to meet them after and Mistie was a former Miss Nevada which made me happy because I love watching pageants on TV. Miss USA 2014 was from Nevada, and Las Vegas hosted Miss USA from 2008-2013, and hosted Miss Universe in 1991, 1996, 2010, 2012 and will host it in December. I also went to Animation Cells in the adults only time at the Oceaneer Lab. I loved doing this at age 11 and brought back memories.

Up Next: Who's the surprise friend, Formal Night, The Golden Mickeys are when?

Last edited:
Day 5- May 4, 2015- The Golden Mickeys, Pluto, May the 4th Be With You

The next day was an at Sea Day. I slept in as usual and had breakfast and lunch. I love the show Wheel of Fortune so I went to the Wheel game. My team won and we got.... free ice cream and movies lol. :lmao: I LOVE the Animation classes. We drew Pluto and while we were drawing his body, he showed up!! :cloud9: It was so neat, he took pictures and he even took a group picture with us. I loved the Kyle Knight & Mistie show the night before so I decided to see them again. I even took a picture with them a second time. Dinner was formal night and the Golden Mickeys. I met the Captain and saw Mickey and the Chipmunks. The show was the Golden Mickeys which I hadn't seen since 2011. I loved that show and I found Ensign Benson hilarious again.

Up Next: Cinco De Mayo, How did I win Flag Trivia?, Quack Quack Quack

Last edited:

Day 6- May 5, 2015- Flags, Donald, Cinco De Mayo
This morning, I had breakfast at Parrot Cay because it was our scheduled character breakfast. Later that day, I decided to play flag trivia. This was where you had to guess what country the flags were from. I ended up winning getting 18 out of 25 right. What did I end up winning? A Disney Cruise line baseball cap that I gave my dad for his birthday.

You might be wondering how did I know these flags? Well, as I mentioned earlier, I love been watching beauty pageants on TV and one of them is Miss Unverse. When their country makes it to the semi finals, the crowd shows their flags. Among the flags I got right were: Australia (Miss Universe 1972 and 2004 hosted the pageant in 1979), Brazil (Andy gave us a hint about the 2016 Olympics, Miss Universe 1963 and 1968, hosted the pageant in 2011), Japan (Miss Universe 1959 and 2007), China, United Kingdom, Philippines (Miss Universe 1969, 1973, 2015, hosted the pageant in 1974, 1994 and 2016), Mexico (Miss Universe 1991, 2010, hosted the pageant in 1978, 1989, 1993, and 2007), Colombia (we would be heading there the next day, won Miss Universe in 1958 and 2014 (earlier this year), Italy, Venezuela (Miss Universe 1979, 1981, 1986, 1996, 2008, 2009, and 2013) and of course USA (Miss Universe 1954, 1956, 1960, 1967, 1980, 1995, 1997, and 2012, hosted the pageant in 1952-1971, 1981, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2006, 2010, 2012, 2014 (which was actually held earlier this year) and later this year). In addition, Andy our hilarious host gave hints too.

I then went to Animation again, this time, we were drawing Donald. I also went to the Oceaneer Lab for open house. Dinner was at Parrot Cay.

Up Next: My first South American City, going to a country where the Miss Universe at the time was from, What's the dinner theme?

Last edited:

Day 7- May 6, 2015- Cartagena, Prince and Princess
Today was Cartagena day. This was my first time that I had been to a South American city. I was excited because the Miss Universe at the time was from Colombia. The last time Colombia had won the pageant was in 1958. We did a tour where we stopped at the old town, walled town, and other places. Back on the ship, it was Prince and Princess themed dinner so the servers wore sashes along with their formal outfits. It was neat seeing them all dressed up. The characters I saw today were Cinderella, Perla. and Suzy.

Up Next: Panama Canal, To Infinity and Beyond, Trip to Memory Lane

Last edited:
Day 8- May 7, 2015- Panama Canal, Flashbacks
The next day was the Panama Canal day. Went on my parents balcony to take pictures on the ship and decided to explore the ship. Panama hosted Miss Universe in 1986 and 2003 and took over the title in 2002. That afternoon, I decided to go to the Open House at the Club where they were doing the Aloha Luau. I was 7 years old when Lilo and Stitch came out and I had flashbacks to my senior farewell luau in high school. Stitch even showed up which was cool but I was surprised Lilo wasn't there. That night, I decided to go to another Adults Only event in the Club: Toy Story Boot Camp. I was the youngest person there but it got me in the mood for the next day.

Up Next: To Infinity & Beyond, What?! We're Not Going to Puerto Vallarta?, Pixar

Day 9- May 8, 2015- Pixar, Toy Story The Musical

The next day was a day at sea. I decided to see Stitch and I was surprised that Lilo was not there. He had told me that Lilo had gone surfing and he was thrilled to see me all dressed
like her. :stitch2: I also went to Toy Story 3D Crafts, Buzz Lightyear Animation, and Origami Baymax. I got to admit, I'm horrible at Origami and Buzz is the hardest character to draw. :rotfl2:While I was at Toy Story Crafts, I found out we would be skipping Puerto Vallarta due to unrest. :sad2: I was disappointed because I've always wanted to do a beach excursion and my parents booked it there. :sad: That ended up being okay due to the fact that we would have an extra sea day. Dinner was a Toy Story menu which was cool. The characters I saw were Dug, Mrs. Incredible, Woody, Mike, Jessie and Sulley. Unlike the rest of my family, I went to see Toy Story The Musical. I had seen it in 2011 and enjoyed it this time.

Up Next: My 2nd visit to Palo, Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me, Surprises

Last edited:
Sorry you missed the beach. Sounds like you really had a great time with the Pixar character. Really enjoyed your trip report. Hugs <3

Day 10- May 9, 2015- Palo, Pirates, Surprises

The next day was another day at sea. We all went to Palo and this would be my 2nd time going to Palo, having previously gone in 2014. We had Ashlie from India and he was good. I went to Animation- Minnie this time and I LOVED Ramon. He was from Mexico and was hilarious. Later on, I decided to go to So You Want a Pirate open house. That was fun and it definetley got me in the mood. I went to see several characters in their Pirate outfits between dinner and before mom and I went to see Bears. Bears was a cute movie but kind of sad too.

When I returned to the room, I saw not only a towel animal but also a towel birthday cake with buttons for my twin sister and I. Our birthday was the weekend after we returned. Maracris, our room stewardess was so adorable. She must had seen the plate from Palo because on our bed, there were two buttons on it. Another surprise also happened too. I made a new friend who worked in Mickey's Mates named Jelena. She was from Montonegro and was so sweet. I had went to get some stuff and she asked me what my room number was. I had wondered why and when I returned later that night, there was a bag outside with one of those Magical Moments certifricates. I was so thrilled, my family had previously gotten one in 2012, also from a girl from Mickey's Mates.

Up Next: Happy Mothers Day, Magicians, Chaotic Flubber, Where are we going?!

Here some pics:

Friday May 1st:
IMG_8678.JPG

View from hotel
IMG_8708.JPG
Miami skyline during drive to Port

IMG_8724.JPG
YAY!!!! The Wonder
IMG_8730.JPG
Me and Pluto before boarding
IMG_8738.JPG
Miami view from Deck 3
IMG_8760.JPG
View from my parents room
IMG_8791.JPG
Leaving Miami
IMG_8805.JPG
View from my parents room
IMG_8949.JPG
Me with Mickey after dinner
IMG_8951.JPG
Stuffed Animals. Ok, I'm almost 21 but I still bring stuffed animals :rotfl2:

More pics in next post

IMG_8958.JPG
Me with Minnie
IMG_8961.JPG
Chipmunk Sandwiched (Saturday May 2)

Sunday May 3:
IMG_9037.JPG
Cozumel Ruins Entrance
IMG_9083.JPG
My stuffed Olaf in the Cozumel ruins
IMG_9114.JPG
Museum before lunch
IMG_9242.JPG
The Wonder
IMG_9271.JPG
Peanuts Movie Ad on one of the TVs

More in next post

Monday May 4:

IMG_9275.JPG
Pluto making surprise appearance at animation

IMG_9278.JPG
Me with Pluto
IMG_9279.JPG
Group Photo of us at Animation. I'm in the 4th row on the right side
IMG_9283.JPG
Me with Kyle Knight and Mistie
IMG_9287.JPG
Me and Captain on Formal Night

Tuesday May 5:
IMG_9304.JPG
Me and Goofy
IMG_9314.JPG
Parrot Cay App I had. Really good!!!

Wednesday May 6:
IMG_9319.JPG
Animal Park in Cartagena
IMG_9334.JPG
View from one of the mountain things

The reason I was excited to go:
Miss-Colombia-PAULINA-VEGA-Crowned-Miss-Universe-in-Miami-2.jpg

Miss Universe 2014, Paulina Vega who was from Colombia. She was crowned in January 2015 and crowned her successor right before Christmas.

More in next post

Day 11- May 10, 2015- Mothers Day, Surprises, Flubber, Where are we going?

Happy Mothers Day! I had gone to see Peter Pan who had not realized it was Mother's Day. I then went to Mothers Day Crafts to make my mom some gifts. Due to a medical emergency,
we had to make a stop in Guatemala. :scared1: During that time, I went to do Woody Animation which ended up turning out cute. I also went to see Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Remy, The Incredibles,
too. While waiting for some of the Toys, there was a big announcement over the PA system from Clayton – we were going to be the first guests to see all of the Frozen festivities, including the deck party! Yay!!! :cool1: :woohoo: I was so thrilled when I found out the news I also went to the Magic Dave show which was hilarious. The adult open house that night was Flubber. I did this at age 11 on my first cruise and I had a blast. I do remember, not being so chaotic, especially since it was all adults. :rotfl2:

Up Next: More Pics, Trivia, Mouseketeers

Day 12- May 11, 2015- Trivia, Mouseketeers

This morning I went to Theme Park Trivia. I was on the famous Joe and Andrea's team and thank goodness they had me because I knew a lot of the tunes. I went to see Jake the Neverland Pirate, did a rainbow mobile crafts, and of course animation. We drew Baymax and Hrio. Later on the open house activity was Mousketeer Training. That was fun and it took me back to my childhood.
Later on, I wanted to see Mickey and the Captain so I waited in the queue. I loved the Magic Dave show the night before so I decided to go to the adults only show. I also did the Frozen scavenger hunt too and ran into Peter Pan, Goofy and Pluto along the way.

Up Next: Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?, What?! You had to wait an hour and a half for Olaf? Are you crazy?!

Do you remember what the scavenger hunt was like? I didn't do it, but I normally enjoy scavenger hunts.

The Frozen Scavenger Hunt had 3 clues a day in the navigator for 3 days. There would be clues in the navigator and at the location, there would be a photo of something Frozen related, kind of like a treasure hunt. Each room got a print out of where to keep track and stuff like that. After the 3 days, you got a Frozen rice krispie treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter