• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's On Vacation?! We Are!!!! A Panama Canal 2015 Trip Report

WDWJonasGirl

Mouseketeer/Directioner
Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome to my new TR!! My name is Kaitlin and I turned 20 years old the weekend after the cruise. My family and I were on the Panama Canal Cruise WB from Miami to San Diego.

Name of TR: Clayton, our hilarious cruise director would say that before the shows at the Walt Disney Theatre. He'd ask "Who's on vacation?" and the crowd would shout back "We are!!!" This was my 3rd cruise with Clayton, having previously been our director in 2011 and 2014.

You may hear me talk about the Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants throughout the TR. This is because I LOVE watching those pageants and have watched them since summer of 2013.

Last edited:

Kaitlin! Did you know my son, Chandler??? He's the 19 yro redheaded kid that graduated on the cruise. He was so into the 18*21 group this cruise which was so surprising. He's usually so socially reserved and mostly shied away from his peers. This cruise was like he emerged from his social cocoon!

**I hope you weren't subject to his last night shenanigans. If so, I'm sorry for you. Imagine what MY night was like.... o_O**

I'm in! Who's on va-ca-tiiioooooooon?!?! **sobs** Not anymore... But I'm totally down with reliving it! It was an amazing voyage!

Following, I'm on this cruise next year. Did you keep all of the Navigators? I'd love to see them.

Agreed!

Can't wait to read your report. We had such a WONDERful time!

I'm in! Who's on va-ca-tiiioooooooon?!?! **sobs** Not anymore... But I'm totally down with reliving it! It was an amazing voyage!

Hi, Kaitlin! You sat with my son, Elliott, and I during "Friendship is Magic." Nice to see you here!

Following, I'm on this cruise next year. Did you keep all of the Navigators? I'd love to see them.

I definitely have the Navigators if Kaitlin doesn't, I will get around to scanning them in and include them in my trip report once I get started.

Welcome everyone!! Thank you for subscribing

Day 1- April 30, 2015- Airplanes, Delays, Lots of Waiting

Today was the day we flew into Fort Lauderdale. I know what you are thinking, your cruise went out of Miami, why did you fly to Fort Lauderdale? Well, it was cheaper to fly there than to Miami and Virgin America does not go to Miami. The shuttle arrived at my house at round 7:30 AM for 10:15 AM flight. There, we arrive at LAX and we have to wait in a line for our bags. :sad2: What? Turns out, the first 5 bags are free and we had 6 suitcases, so we had to pay for the 6th. After all the bag problems, we went through security and went on a long walk to gate 37A. We wait for a bit and find out our flight is delayed. :scared1: WHAT?! Turns out there was a problem with the plane we were to get on. Something was not working, they could not find the part and when they would find it, it would take 4-6 hours to fix it. :confused3 What?! :scared1: We had to wait a while to find another plane. Finally after an hour and a half, we eventually got on a plane. Got into Fort Lauderdale without a problem, got in the van to the hotel and checked in. Had dinner at a pub nearby. I would reccomend if any of you are heading to Miami before your cruise, stay there.

Stay tuned for pictures

Not the greatest start to your vacation - you wouldn't have wanted to get on a plane with a faulty part though ;) FLL sounds like a great option.

Here are some pictures:

33ol3l5.jpg

LAX Terminal view

11m8745.jpg

FLL View from Window

2s937tj.jpg

Flight Info at Baggage Claim

Up Next: Will I get a Miami newspaper, Which characters will I see, who are our servers?

Last edited:
Day 2- Let the Magic Begin, Miami Part 1

The next day we boarded the ship. We all ate our free breakfast at the hotel then dad and I went to a Publix to get water. Later on, dad and I went to a 7/11 because I wanted to get a Miami newspaper. Back to the hotel where we brought our stuff down and waited for a cab to take us to the port. Shellie, at ths point, my mom was the one who noticed the tsum tsum stuff.

Got in the cab and drove to the port. I LOVE watching pageants like Miss USA and Miss Universe and Miami hosted Miss Universe in the 1960s, 1970, 1971, 1984, 1985, 1997 and this year. When we got to the port, we checked in and went to see Pluto. Shellie, this was when I met you. Waited a while and did the fun borarding stuff.

Last edited:
Day 2- Let The Magic Begin, Miami Part 2

Once we got on the ship, we went to a buffet lunch at Parrot Cay, went to the room, went to the dis meet until the safety drill. Then it was time to sail away from Miami. We had early seating for dinner so we needed to get to Animator's Palate. Our servers were Dee from Thailand (Miss Universe 1965, 1988, hosted Miss Universe in 1992 and 2005), Marcelle from South Africa (Miss Universe 1978), and Roy from India (Miss Universe 1994, 2000). I also met our wonderful room hostess, Maracris from the Philippines (Miss Universe 1969, 1973, and 2015, hosted the pageant in 1974, 1994, and 2016). After dinner, I went to the Welcome Aboard show in the Walt Disney Theatre and saw Minnie.

Up Next: Will I like the Avengers, What gender did Prince William & Catherine's baby have,

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter