• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Our dates are flexible, but I'm thinking the crowd levels will be significantly lower earlier in the month, so I'd love something from early to mid-May! Come on Disney Destinations email!! :rotfl:

Just a note: I have a couple of friends who are travel agents and they posted the following on Facebook:

Just a heads-up!
The entire booking system for Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani will be down starting at 5 PM on October 8 and through the afternoon of October 9. You will not be able to do dining, reservations, modifications, online check-in, etc.

Considering past computer updates, this will likely go well into October 9th and we might have issues for a few days after too.

Just a note: I have a couple of friends who are travel agents and they posted the following on Facebook:

Just a heads-up!
The entire booking system for Walt Disney World, Disneyland and Aulani will be down starting at 5 PM on October 8 and through the afternoon of October 9. You will not be able to do dining, reservations, modifications, online check-in, etc.

Considering past computer updates, this will likely go well into October 9th and we might have issues for a few days after too.

Hmm... I wonder if this could be a discount when it comes back up??? Thanks for sharing. I'm getting antsy to book since I need to book before we can do our ADRs but I at least have another month before I have to bite the bullet!

DF and I already booked May 6-10 for our honeymoon. If a discount comes out can we change our reservation to use the discount?

Yes. You can change any reservation. Although, historically, the discount for that time has been room-only rate discounts so if you booked a package (which I'm assuming you did) you will have to change that to room and tickets separately. So if you were banking on that Mickey ID tag they send you as part of their vacation package you may have to buy one off Ebay.

Just a heads-up!

great that's the 180 day mark for our dates if we decide to change to April. Maybe it's a sign I should stick with May lol

dclwonderprincess said:
DF and I already booked May 6-10 for our honeymoon. If a discount comes out can we change our reservation to use the discount?

Three travel agents and Disney Cast Members have said that when a new discount comes out you can just add it to your reservation. I had a room discount last year for a villa and booked as a package. :congratulations!

If discounts come out for your date you can add the discount to your reservation as long as there's availability for your resort/dates. If you have a room only booked and want to switch to a pkg you have to rebook as a pkg with a new deposit and they will then cancel your room only and refund that deposit. The $$ won't switch over to the new reservation. If you have a pkg booked and a room discount comes out you can have the discount applied to the room portion of the pkg without rebooking

Hope that helps

Still keep checking everyday. We've just decided to push our trip back to May 7-18th because of the differnece in flight prices so hoping there is something, even a room discount. We haven't received a PIN before so that would be nice :)

I see there is a Disney Visa discount for Jan-March now! Come on May discounts!!!! :cool1:

I've been watching the January, 2013 discount thread just so I could keep up with upcoming discounts. One of the posters said that they were told that something else, in addition to the Visa discount, was coming out on October 10th. This lines up with what I was told a few days ago when I called to ask about May promos. I was told that the upcoming offer would include my travel dates of May 22nd to June 1st. I guess we'll just have to wait until October 10th to see if what the CMs are saying is right.

I've been watching the January, 2013 discount thread just so I could keep up with upcoming discounts. One of the posters said that they were told that something else, in addition to the Visa discount, was coming out on October 10th. This lines up with what I was told a few days ago when I called to ask about May promos. I was told that the upcoming offer would include my travel dates of May 22nd to June 1st. I guess we'll just have to wait until October 10th to see if what the CMs are saying is right.

I have been counting down to October 10th since you told us that! Hoping that the CMs are right! Thank you for all your info!!

I want to book our trip - just waiting to see if I can get a discount first. Our dates are 5/30-6/7. I had been hoping to do the YES program with DS12, but if history repeats itself, the classes will start around 6/10 or so. So now all our hopes are on a Disney discount or a pin code. We did luck out in 2011 with free dining for Memorial Week.......that would be sooooooooooooo wonderful! :goodvibes

Still keep checking everyday. We've just decided to push our trip back to May 7-18th because of the differnece in flight prices so hoping there is something, even a room discount. We haven't received a PIN before so that would be nice :)

Hoping that you get a good discount or an elusive pin code! :goodvibes

I have been counting down to October 10th since you told us that! Hoping that the CMs are right! Thank you for all your info!!

I want to book our trip - just waiting to see if I can get a discount first. Our dates are 5/30-6/7. I had been hoping to do the YES program with DS12, but if history repeats itself, the classes will start around 6/10 or so. So now all our hopes are on a Disney discount or a pin code. We did luck out in 2011 with free dining for Memorial Week.......that would be sooooooooooooo wonderful! :goodvibes

Oh what I wouldn't give for another round of free dining during our travel dates. The one time that it was offered in May, I jumped on that deal because it saved us a ton of money.

For a brief moment I thought we might be able to move our vacation dates to March and my daughter's spring break...but the last day for first 2013 discounts is March 7th. Her spring break starts on the 16th. So back to waiting and hoping for May!!!!!

......and I have to wait for the END of May (May 31st). wonder when those will come out!!!

I guess if they do offer something for May 29 or 30, I could push our dates us a couple of days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter