Who's in for May 2013 code watch?

Meeee!! DD and I are planning a girls trip starting either May 17, 18, or 19 for 8 nights. I will not book until I can get a discount, but I am freaking out waiting!

Meeee!! DD and I are planning a girls trip starting either May 17, 18, or 19 for 8 nights. I will not book until I can get a discount, but I am freaking out waiting!

We will be there the same time, and we are trying to wait for a discount as well! I'm anxious just waiting even though it's early yet. :)

We are now strongly considering the last week of May/Memorial Day week (May 25-June 1). If we don't go during that week in May then we will probably go back the third week of August before our kids go back to school which is when we went for our trip last year. So I am going back and forth between the May and August threads :). We are considering the last week of May because that is the week before our kids' last week of school, so if they miss school that week they won't miss a great deal because it will be both the end of the year and a short week. We are hoping the summer crowds won't be in full force yet; but with all that is going on at WDW that week (Memorial Day holiday, Gay Days, Star Wars Weekends), I am concerned that the crowds will be really high which will decrease the chance of a good discount being offered for that week. We don't mind the hot weather; but I am hoping that it will be a tad bit less humid and rainy than August. Since the last week of May is the last week of regular season pricing before summer season pricing starts, I am hoping for free dining or another comparable discount promotion. I do remember reading a trip report or thread somewhere on these boards about someone who had free dining during the week of Memorial Day :scratchin.

We are now strongly considering the last week of May/Memorial Day week (May 25-June 1). If we don't go during that week in May then we will probably go back the third week of August before our kids go back to school which is when we went for our trip last year. So I am going back and forth between the May and August threads :). We are considering the last week of May because that is the week before our kids' last week of school, so if they miss school that week they won't miss a great deal because it will be both the end of the year and a short week. We are hoping the summer crowds won't be in full force yet; but with all that is going on at WDW that week (Memorial Day holiday, Gay Days, Star Wars Weekends), I am concerned that the crowds will be really high which will decrease the chance of a good discount being offered for that week. We don't mind the hot weather; but I am hoping that it will be a tad bit less humid and rainy than August. Since the last week of May is the last week of regular season pricing before summer season pricing starts, I am hoping for free dining or another comparable discount promotion. I do remember reading a trip report or thread somewhere on these boards about someone who had free dining during the week of Memorial Day :scratchin.

Just booked our flights - so it must be official! We are going May28th-June 7th. According to a friend of ours, this week after Mem Day is one of his favorites. Crowds are no where near summer levels because most kiddos are still in school. As far as Gay Days, just don't go to the parks they go to, as it will increase the crowds. And obviously if you are not doing SWW, don't go to HS on Saturday or Sunday! :) Discounts, don't know anything about that, but we are hoping for at least a room discount of some sort. Good luck with your planning!:cool1:

Aside from Memorial Day, I don't think you will find the parks to be that bad. Gay Days for 2013 are May 28-June 3rd. I'd just avoid the parks they have on their calendar on those days. It's easy to find. I just did a google search to find out where they will be on which day. As far as they Star Wars weekends, I don't know if I have ever noticed a big difference, but I may have just been too into the pixie dust. Idk. :)

But May is an absolute favorite of mine... If I can't do January/early February. ;)

Our travel dates are May 22 to June 1, 2013. I called today to see if I had a pin code attached to my name. I was told that there was no pin code but that I could book with the "new promotion". The quote that he gave me was only about $64.00 less than the rack rate. Apparently, there's something that is about to be offered to the general public....I just can't tell what it is from the quote that he gave me. I think I'm going to call back this evening and get more information. Oh and he did say that the "new promotion" did not include the Little Mermaid rooms.

So historically has there been any great discounts like the thirty percent off or FD. My husband and I are doing the expedition Everest challenge. I know there are discounts for other races so just waiting I guess.

Our travel dates are May 22 to June 1, 2013. I called today to see if I had a pin code attached to my name. I was told that there was no pin code but that I could book with the "new promotion". The quote that he gave me was only about $64.00 less than the rack rate. Apparently, there's something that is about to be offered to the general public....I just can't tell what it is from the quote that he gave me. I think I'm going to call back this evening and get more information. Oh and he did say that the "new promotion" did not include the Little Mermaid rooms.

I quoted myself as it was easier than going back and editing the post. I decided to call back to get clarification on the quote I was given. This castmember said that there were no "new promotions" other than what is on the site. When I insisted that I was given a quote for my travel dates, she got a little bit rude but then said "let me talk with guest services". She came back after a little while and said that the person should not have given me any quote because it would not have been accurate since the promotion was not yet in the system. She then put me back on hold and said that she would talk with Guest Services to get an exact date for me to call back. I held for quite a long time before she came back. She told me to call back on October 10th as soon as the phones opened for the day. I asked if it would cover my dates and she said yes. I sure hope that she was correct. (the phone call lasted 17 minutes and 13 seconds)

I quoted myself as it was easier than going back and editing the post. I decided to call back to get clarification on the quote I was given. This castmember said that there were no "new promotions" other than what is on the site. When I insisted that I was given a quote for my travel dates, she got a little bit rude but then said "let me talk with guest services". She came back after a little while and said that the person should not have given me any quote because it would not have been accurate since the promotion was not yet in the system. She then put me back on hold and said that she would talk with Guest Services to get an exact date for me to call back. I held for quite a long time before she came back. She told me to call back on October 10th as soon as the phones opened for the day. I asked if it would cover my dates and she said yes. I sure hope that she was correct. (the phone call lasted 17 minutes and 13 seconds)

That's promising!...unless it really only saves $64 :scratchin

That's promising!...unless it really only saves $64 :scratchin

From what the second castmember said, the quote could not have been correct because the "new promotion" wasn't even in the system yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the promotion will be good enough for us to bump back up to a moderate resort.

From what the second castmember said, the quote could not have been correct because the "new promotion" wasn't even in the system yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the promotion will be good enough for us to bump back up to a moderate resort.

Based on your dates you are going, you would only be available for the discount on the 22nd...correct? So the $64 would be off of one day?

Based on your dates you are going, you would only be available for the discount on the 22nd...correct? So the $64 would be off of one day?

I am not sure as she said that my dates would be covered under the "new promotion". The room cost for that night would be $188. 20% would be $37.60; 25% would be $47.00; 30% would be $56.40; 35% would be $65.80. In previous years (and from my personal experience), if you book before the last travel date of the offer, then you got that % off for the entire trip. For Example: The promotion covers January 5th (just making that day up) through May 22 (our actual arrival date) and our vacation starts that day but continues on for 9 more days, I'd still get the offer for the remainder of my stay. But, who knows, Disney may change things up.

Hi Lisa!! It sure would be great if there was a new promotion coming out for May!!!! :cool1: Did you get a quote for a moderate or a value resort? I think I will be giving them a call at some point this week to ask about a pin code on my name!!! Thanks for the info!!

Hi Lisa!! It sure would be great if there was a new promotion coming out for May!!!! :cool1: Did you get a quote for a moderate or a value resort? I think I will be giving them a call at some point this week to ask about a pin code on my name!!! Thanks for the info!!

The first castmember gave me a quote for the CBR but it didn't seem to be much of a discount. I wasn't in a position to do the Disney Math right then so I told him that I'd call back this evening. I specifically asked if it were a pin code attached to my name and he said no. When I asked what 3 digit/letter code to ask for when I called back, he said just ask for the "new promotion".

From what I understood from the second castmember, the quote that the first person gave me would have been incorrect because the new promotion hasn't been entered into the computer yet. He should have never given me a quote or said anything about the new promotion. The second castmember went to Guest Services to ask for a specific release date only because they confirmed that he had, indeed, told me to ask for the "new promotion". I asked at least two or three times if our dates would be covered and she said yes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath. :rotfl:

Room discounts don't work like Free Dining though. Only the covered days are eligible for the discount not the entire block. If your arrival day is the last day of a room only discount promo that's the only day that will be discounted.

I don't have high hopes to have a discount on our dates. I might have to bust out my husband's interline discount which is nice but with 5 people FD saves us more.

Joining this one....hoping to go to Disney either in Late April-Early May or late May over Memorial Day. REALLY need a good deal as budget is very tight...fingers crossed!

The first castmember gave me a quote for the CBR but it didn't seem to be much of a discount. I wasn't in a position to do the Disney Math right then so I told him that I'd call back this evening. I specifically asked if it were a pin code attached to my name and he said no. When I asked what 3 digit/letter code to ask for when I called back, he said just ask for the "new promotion".

From what I understood from the second castmember, the quote that the first person gave me would have been incorrect because the new promotion hasn't been entered into the computer yet. He should have never given me a quote or said anything about the new promotion. The second castmember went to Guest Services to ask for a specific release date only because they confirmed that he had, indeed, told me to ask for the "new promotion". I asked at least two or three times if our dates would be covered and she said yes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath. :rotfl:

Oh I am excited now!!!!! Hoping that we get some May discounts soon!!! Thank you for sharing!! DH just asked me yesterday why I haven't booked yet - I told him I was waiting to see if we get a pin or a good deal - hoping that we get it soon!! :cool1:

Joining this one....hoping to go to Disney either in Late April-Early May or late May over Memorial Day. REALLY need a good deal as budget is very tight...fingers crossed!

You know why I would love for your dates to late May over Memorial Day....we'd finally get to meet!

Oh I am excited now!!!!! Hoping that we get some May discounts soon!!! Thank you for sharing!! DH just asked me yesterday why I haven't booked yet - I told him I was waiting to see if we get a pin or a good deal - hoping that we get it soon!! :cool1:

I sure hope that they weren't wrong when they said I could take advantage of the offer. But both of them said that my dates would be covered.

DF and I already booked May 6-10 for our honeymoon. If a discount comes out can we change our reservation to use the discount?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter