Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Lyrah - welcome to the cruise! Because this is a pretty port-intensive cruise, you should be fine without a balcony. And like others, I'd rather be in an inside cabin than not on the ship at all :)

We are also in an inside room for this cruise. I have been in verandah rooms, porthole rooms and inside and it really does not matter to me as long as I am on the ship. You really do not spend much time in the room and especially on a cruise like this one. You will be just go go go and when you are in your room you will be so pooped you will sleep! Welcome to the Cat 11 group!

Let me know! Would love to meet in person! In the last 6 months, the old ford dealer was torn down, we got s donut shop, 2 frozen yogurt shops, and a bakery....
I love the way Pioneer has been updated.... They broke ground when I was there in 2011, so it was nice to see it done in 2012. I'm very happy that I can still get my coffee at the Whidbey Coffee on Pioneer! (Little scary that they remember my chai latte order when I'm only there for a week each year!)

Tired mom of 3 boys said:
I love the way Pioneer has been updated.... They broke ground when I was there in 2011, so it was nice to see it done in 2012. I'm very happy that I can still get my coffee at the Whidbey Coffee on Pioneer! (Little scary that they remember my chai latte order when I'm only there for a week each year!)

Hahaha! Gotta love the small town!

Hi All! We'll be joining you on this cruise! We're Jeff, Charyl Lee, DD Paige 18, and DD Jade 15.

Since we're going on the Fantasy in Nov and that cruise is quite costly due to having 3 verandah staterooms, we had to get in on this cruise with a 11B GTY. My reasoning is that I would rather be in an inside stateroom than not go at all :) I was wondering if I could get some reassurance from fellow cruisers who have stayed in inside staterooms before, that I have made the right choice. We usually are only in our rooms to shower and sleep, but we really enjoy having our morning coffee, the view, and late night quiet time on the verandah.

I'm hoping that on the Nov cruise that I'll be able to rebook a different room and get the discount and stateroom credit, but it looks as though there aren't many rooms left.

Thanks for the help, and we look forward to cruising with you.

Welcome to the bat caves!!!

We have been in an inside stateroom for a Panama Crossing, Alaskan and Hawaiian cruise, and have 1 booked for a Thanksgiving cruise, as well as this cruise. We love it and have not even considered anything but the bat caves.

well we've caved in and decided to let our travel agent book our flights and get us rooms in barcelona & venice

we got some crazy flights but we don't really have much choice. SFO to Schiphol Amsterdam then on to Barcelona. after the cruise we have to fly Barcelona to Schiphol and then on to Venice were we arrive at 10:20pm:( spending a few days in venice and then leaving on a plane at 6:45am:sad: back to amsterdam and then home to SFO.

has anyone visited venice before? we've got a few choices of hotels and was wondering if anyone is familiar with these: Liassidi Palace or The Rialto or Ca Dei Conti

thanks for any info!

see ya, marianne

well we've caved in and decided to let our travel agent book our flights and get us rooms in barcelona & venice

we got some crazy flights but we don't really have much choice. SFO to Schiphol Amsterdam then on to Barcelona. after the cruise we have to fly Barcelona to Schiphol and then on to Venice were we arrive at 10:20pm:( spending a few days in venice and then leaving on a plane at 6:45am:sad: back to amsterdam and then home to SFO.

has anyone visited venice before? we've got a few choices of hotels and was wondering if anyone is familiar with these: Liassidi Palace or The Rialto or Ca Dei Conti

thanks for any info!

see ya, marianne

Sorry, we have only stayed at the Hotel Cipriani and PalazzoVenrdramin and the Ruzzini Palace for business, Have you checked the trip advisors reports for the hotels?

yeah, we've been reading the reviews but just was wondering if anyone here had some first hand knowledge of those three. thanks!

see ya, marianne

thanks for any info!

see ya, marianne

Marianne glad to see you are making progress with your trip:cheer2:. Everytime I see SFO (which our license plate in VA) I get home sick! If the Giants behave themselves maybe I will be home for the World Series! Sue

And Sue, every time hear about the Giants I think of you. Good luck with them behaving themselves!

See ya, Marianne

So I have been bad I have not seen this board in a long time ...

First we caved and let DCL do air and 2 nights in BCN for us so we have rooms at the Hilton and are on the waiting list for the Renn.

I called them today because I want to know the flight info so I can call the airline directly to fanagle a few things but they are very secretive.

I explained to the cast member I spoke with that I want to pay the entire trip off but not till I get some decent info on the flights ... I see they have us going out of boston but that is all I know. I spoke with Amex and they wanted 16k for 4 first class or business class seats which was silly I am still going back and forth with the air part of this trip.

Just as I laughed at the 16k for air my wife told me Adventures by Disney wanted something in the order of 12k or higher for all the excursions.

I will have the DW and DD12 and DD 11 with us ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated ... I have never been to Europe the wife has .... she speaks greek and I may pop soon!

Thanks

So I have been bad I have not seen this board in a long time ...

First we caved and let DCL do air and 2 nights in BCN for us so we have rooms at the Hilton and are on the waiting list for the Renn.

I called them today because I want to know the flight info so I can call the airline directly to fanagle a few things but they are very secretive.

I explained to the cast member I spoke with that I want to pay the entire trip off but not till I get some decent info on the flights ... I see they have us going out of boston but that is all I know. I spoke with Amex and they wanted 16k for 4 first class or business class seats which was silly I am still going back and forth with the air part of this trip.

Just as I laughed at the 16k for air my wife told me Adventures by Disney wanted something in the order of 12k or higher for all the excursions.

I will have the DW and DD12 and DD 11 with us ...

Any suggestions would be appreciated ... I have never been to Europe the wife has .... she speaks greek and I may pop soon!

Thanks

Hi Burma,

We currently live in Europe. We've lived here, at different locations, for a total of 12 out of the last 17 years. We travel quite often to and from the US, and also within Europe. I think the airfare quote they gave you is excessively high. You should be able to find flights from Boston to Barcelona, roundtrip, for half of that amount. Do you have concerns about booking the flights yourself? If so, you could check with a local travel agent and see what fares they can offer you.

Adventures by Disney offers wonderful excursions, but they're pricey. It's very easy to tour Barcelona. We actually prefer the adventure and have made many fond memories by touring on our own. There are local tour companies if you want a guided tour, but one of our favorites is the "Hop on Hop off" bus. In Barcelona the HoHo bus has three routes covering most of the city. You can spend as much time, or as little time as you like at each attraction. The cost is around $20 pp, less for children.

Hope this information will be helpful. Opa!

Hi Burma,

We currently live in Europe. We've lived here, at different locations, for a total of 12 out of the last 17 years. We travel quite often to and from the US, and also within Europe. I think the airfare quote they gave you is excessively high. You should be able to find flights from Boston to Barcelona, roundtrip, for half of that amount. Do you have concerns about booking the flights yourself? If so, you could check with a local travel agent and see what fares they can offer you.

Adventures by Disney offers wonderful excursions, but they're pricey. It's very easy to tour Barcelona. We actually prefer the adventure and have made many fond memories by touring on our own. There are local tour companies if you want a guided tour, but one of our favorites is the "Hop on Hop off" bus. In Barcelona the HoHo bus has three routes covering most of the city. You can spend as much time, or as little time as you like at each attraction. The cost is around $20 pp, less for children.

Hope this information will be helpful. Opa!

Actually 4k/pp for business/first class isn't bad. They can easily run $5k/pp. That being said, I can't imagine a scenario where you wouldn't be able to price your own airfare out cheaper that letting DCL book it for you.

Thanks for the responses. I called DCL air deviation and still can't figure out why they are so secretive about everything if they can tell me how much the flight is they should be able to tell me flight numbers. either way I found the flights we wanted on Air France out of Boston, so I will call and cancel Disney Air today. With that said do I drop the insurance too?

burma said:
Thanks for the responses. I called DCL air deviation and still can't figure out why they are so secretive about everything if they can tell me how much the flight is they should be able to tell me flight numbers. either way I found the flights we wanted on Air France out of Boston, so I will call and cancel Disney Air today. With that said do I drop the insurance too?

You will want to get a separate travel insurance for your flight but leave your insurance for the cruise and any and all parts covered. We are about to book air on our own and then drop the air portion but keep the transfers thru DCL.

burma said:

You could actually take out your own vacation ins that covers everything if you want. Either way will be acceptable. We find it more cost efficient to book separately. We have used travelex and are happy with their service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter