Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

nzdisneymom,

Did you (or anyone else) get your SF tix through Ticketmaster on the SF website? We were looking at the 11-12 slot on Friday as well. Are you doing the "Basilica" tour or the Basilica with "towers" or with "guide"?? I know kids under 11 are free, but will they enjoy the inside? Will the adults? Any other tips from anyone, including best way to get there (Looks like maybe the bus)? We are not on FB so did not see the report there.

Thanks!

We got ours thru ticketmaster. No towers, no guide. We are using the bus Turistic hoho bus for our sightseeing that day. It looks like a 25 minute stroll from where we are staying.

nzdisneymom,

Did you (or anyone else) get your SF tix through Ticketmaster on the SF website? We were looking at the 11-12 slot on Friday as well. Are you doing the "Basilica" tour or the Basilica with "towers" or with "guide"?? I know kids under 11 are free, but will they enjoy the inside? Will the adults? Any other tips from anyone, including best way to get there (Looks like maybe the bus)? We are not on FB so did not see the report there.

Thanks!
If the "tower" is taking the elevator up to the top, then we did it in 2010. Allison loved taking those dark windy steps down and the view from the top is amazing (but not any more spectacular from the view from the top of Park Guell). We didn't take any guided tours either.

Hello everyone! One more day in London then we head to Paris then Barcelona. We have had great weather so far. Hope it continues through our cruise. Safe travels everyone. See u in Barcelona.

Hello everyone! One more day in London then we head to Paris then Barcelona. We have had great weather so far. Hope it continues through our cruise. Safe travels everyone. See u in Barcelona.

Michael. What have you done and seen in London?

Alas, we are so jealous you are already out there while we don't leave for another 3 days. Have a great time though!

My wife has a razor and my son has an iphone. Both work in Europe. My wife purchased additional data minutes for over seas. We have Verison and did not have to do anything special.

Michael. What have you done and seen in London?

We did tower of London today. It was great and the kids loved it. Saw the crown jewels too. We ate at the original Hard Rock today. We did a walking tour of Westminster yesterday and Friday we did an Eccentric London tour. We have done all the walks with London Walks. They are a great walking tour group if u plan on hitting London while u r over here.

Have seen Buckingham palace today also.

We did tower of London today. It was great and the kids loved it. Saw the crown jewels too. We ate at the original Hard Rock today. We did a walking tour of Westminster yesterday and Friday we did an Eccentric London tour. We have done all the walks with London Walks. They are a great walking tour group if u plan on hitting London while u r over here.

Have seen Big Ben and Westminster Abby. We also did the London Eye also. Hard to keep up we have done so much in the three days we have been here.

London Walks is amazing! We recommend them, too. Glad you guys are having a good time - we loved London so much and can't wait to go back. Have a safe transfer to Paris and keep in touch. See you real soon.

Have seen Big Ben and Westminster Abby. We also did the London Eye also. Hard to keep up we have done so much in the three days we have been here.

That sounds so geeat. I've never been to London. How are the kids holding up?

That sounds so geeat. I've never been to London. How are the kids holding up?

Mindy, you guys should plan a trip to London sometime. It is a fabulous city and I hope to have a chance to go back some time. It took me 46 years to get there the first time, I hope it doesn't take that long before I can go back. And honestly, if we hadn't been cruising in the Baltic when we did, I don't think I would have gotten there yet, so yay for Disney Cruise Line ;)

Started packing for the 35 days in Europe. I keep taking stuff out. Trying to really keep things to a minimum and will do laundry numerous times.

One week from now we will be at the Orlando airport waiting for our departure to Paris! Can't wait to get this adventure started!

I was looking for the "LIKE" button, but forgot I was on the Dis trying to finally get caught up.
Won't be long.

We have done London Walks also, they are great walking tours!

Several air traffic controllers are staging a strike from June 11 to June 13 - affecting flights in France, Italy, Greece, Hungary and more. No mention of Spain yet.

We are stressing - our flight arrives at CDG in Paris at 8:00 a.m. on june 14. Air France has committed to getting long haul flights into and out of Paris (although they don't rule out delays and last minute cancellations), but then we are on a short flight a couple hours later to Barcelona. Technically the strike will be over but I'm worried the back up will cause complete chaos. There are several other flights to BCN that day, plus we could always take the train. This is exactly why we would never plan on arriving in a port on embarkation day!
:scared:

Hope everyone else gets there safely and with minimal delays.pixiedust:

Several air traffic controllers are staging a strike from June 11 to June 13 - affecting flights in France, Italy, Greece, Hungary and more. No mention of Spain yet.

We are stressing - our flight arrives at CDG in Paris at 8:00 a.m. on june 14. Air France has committed to getting long haul flights into and out of Paris (although they don't rule out delays and last minute cancellations), but then we are on a short flight a couple hours later to Barcelona. Technically the strike will be over but I'm worried the back up will cause complete chaos. There are several other flights to BCN that day, plus we could always take the train. This is exactly why we would never plan on arriving in a port on embarkation day!

Thanks for posting this. I'm hoping there will be loads of pixie dust to get us all there on time and without event.

Barcelona did not post a warning for a strike. So, i believe that we are all okay. I believe that if their is some type of strike, they must notify the public way in advance of the strike.

In 2010, we were told that there was a possible strike on our return back to the US.

Well, it never happened and just in case, we bought trip insurance.

Where did you read this? We're flying through Germany via Air France so hopefully this doesn't affect us.

Safe travels to everyone who is leaving soon. We don't leave until Thurs but I'm sure it'll be impossible to concentrate on work this week.

Barcelona did not post a warning for a strike. So, i believe that we are all okay. I believe that if their is some type of strike, they must notify the public way in advance of the strike.

In 2010, we were told that there was a possible strike on our return back to the US.

Well, it never happened and just in case, we bought trip insurance.

That happened to us in 2010 too. British Airways cabin crew were threatening to strike and when I called about trip insurance, they told me if the strike happened, we wouldn't be covered because it was on the news (kind of like pre existing condition).

That happened to us in 2010 too. British Airways cabin crew were threatening to strike and when I called about trip insurance, they told me if the strike happened, we wouldn't be covered because it was on the news (kind of like pre existing condition).

Here's another site that stated that the strike will happen, and also recommended to call airlines ahead. It lists all countries affected and airlines.

http://www.easytravelreport.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter