Who's in for GREECE and TURKEY, June 15 2003????

Working away of FE's ... Just checking in ... When is the final FE list being posted?

Cd is supposed to be Peter. YUK! Think rotation 3 is supposed to put u in lumieres on formal night but i dont know rotation

Working away of FE's ... Just checking in ... When is the final FE list being posted?

I think another update will be on May 12th - by then all the GTYs should be in.

There's someone on the Facebook group who just booked last week and was asking about participating in the FE. I told her that it had closed on April 1st but that I know some of us will have extras. I'm fine with latecomers as long as I have extra gifts already, but I know that a cut-off is for a reason. With that said, if she wants to participate with the understanding that not everyone will be able to deliver to them, is it ok to tell her to add herself to the main spreadsheet and put her cabin info and call herself a LateComer in the FE column (that is Yes, No)?

Cd is supposed to be Peter. YUK! Think rotation 3 is supposed to put u in lumieres on formal night but i dont know rotation

Why do you say Yuk about Peter? We haven't had him before, so just wondering.

Although a quick google image search shows me that he was assistant CD on one of our previous sailings. We have had Rachel, Brent, Clayton, and Christian. Or maybe we did have Peter as CD on Alaska - I can't remember now if he was CD or assistant CD then....

Thanks, I sent a message. :-) We've done GTY on other cruise lines and it seemed to work out, and sometimes got upgrades, but this time we didn't get any pixie dust. It shows that it is an inside cabin going front to back and with googling and looking at other reviews, people seem to like the sideways cabins. I like that it's on Deck 5 and right down the hall from the kid's area. We're over the theatre but we have the late dining and our kids can sleep through just about everything, so hopefully that won't be a concern. :teeth:

We love the sideways rooms, it is the best.

I think another update will be on May 12th - by then all the GTYs should be in.

There's someone on the Facebook group who just booked last week and was asking about participating in the FE. I told her that it had closed on April 1st but that I know some of us will have extras. I'm fine with latecomers as long as I have extra gifts already, but I know that a cut-off is for a reason. With that said, if she wants to participate with the understanding that not everyone will be able to deliver to them, is it ok to tell her to add herself to the main spreadsheet and put her cabin info and call herself a LateComer in the FE column (that is Yes, No)?

The next update is on May 12. The 4/27 update is available and I posted it on the 27th.
Is the latecomer 'lambego' that posted on this Board in the last couple of days? I'm okay with including them as long as they understand the situation as you described above. I always try to take a few extra FE gifts...

The next update is on May 12. The 4/27 update is available and I posted it on the 27th.
Is the latecomer 'lambego' that posted on this Board in the last couple of days? I'm okay with including them as long as they understand the situation as you described above. I always try to take a few extra FE gifts...

She's not yet officially on DIS but I think she's coming over.

I have to laugh at posts like this. We have no idea who the CD was on our last 5 cruises, nor do we care. These people do not make our vacation, we do. I have never had a conversation with a CD, nor do I care to. Why do others care who the CD is? I will get flamed here, but I want to know who really cares and why. We go on the cruises to enjoy each other and enjoy new experiences the CD has nothing to do with our bad/good experiences.

That is her mom, so yes those are their room numbers.

Is the RollCall form and spreadsheet locked so that new people can't add to it? Can someone change the settings so they can add their info? I suspect we will still have a few more families find their way to DIS as we sail NEXT MONTH!

Why do you say Yuk about Peter? We haven't had him before, so just wondering.

Although a quick google image search shows me that he was assistant CD on one of our previous sailings. We have had Rachel, Brent, Clayton, and Christian. Or maybe we did have Peter as CD on Alaska - I can't remember now if he was CD or assistant CD then....

Peter has been the CD on the Magic for about 3 years. We had him as our CD on the Med in 2010, I had him on my two day out of NY last summer and then on the NYC to Bahamas cruise. He doesn't compare to Brent, Clayton or Christian. He has a personality on stage but that's it. We've met him many times in the hallways on the ship and tried to have a conversation with him and he's just not friendly. When you talk to the other CD's you feel like they are excited and happy your there and you never feel like you're bothering them. Quite the opposite vibe from Peter. Trust me, everyone I travelled with felt the same about him.

I have to laugh at posts like this. We have no idea who the CD was on our last 5 cruises, nor do we care. These people do not make our vacation, we do. I have never had a conversation with a CD, nor do I care to. Why do others care who the CD is? I will get flamed here, but I want to know who really cares and why. We go on the cruises to enjoy each other and enjoy new experiences the CD has nothing to do with our bad/good experiences.

The CD does no make or break my cruise, but he does have a part in your experience. I like to interact with the crew and my DH has made quite a few friends and connections with them over the years. Part of going on DCL is that interaction, that is unlike any other cruiseline. Try it, you may find that you have some new friends. We love when we come back and the crew remembers our names. I"ve had crew members seek us out just to say hi. Trust me he doesn't make or break my experience, if that was the case I wouldn't sail with him.

Why do you feel it necessary to laugh at somebody else's cruise experience? You enjoy cruises your way and others enjoy them another way. It's not for you to say which way is the "right" way. I like interacting with the crew and I enjoy it when they seem to be enjoying interacting with me. I grow attached to our servers and stateroom hosts. Don't you? And maybe you don't because you don't really talk to them or care to ... that's fine....but a lot of us do care. For a lot of us, that's why we're on a Disney ship.

As for Peter ... I think we've had him once or twice. Can't remember now. I know we've had Brent once. Peter, I think, actually has a an amazing pirate costume that I wish I had taken a photo of ... so I'm hoping he's wearing it again this year. That was the only time I talked to him ... to compliment him on his costume. He seemed friendly enough taking my compliment. :rotfl:

Peter has been the CD on the Magic for about 3 years. We had him as our CD on the Med in 2010, I had him on my two day out of NY last summer and then on the NYC to Bahamas cruise. He doesn't compare to Brent, Clayton or Christian. He has a personality on stage but that's it. We've met him many times in the hallways on the ship and tried to have a conversation with him and he's just not friendly. When you talk to the other CD's you feel like they are excited and happy your there and you never feel like you're bothering them. Quite the opposite vibe from Peter. Trust me, everyone I travelled with felt the same about him.

I've been on too many DCL cruises - LOL - if Peter was CD on the Magic in the summer of 2010, then that's why he was familiar to me in the pictures - I had a conversation with him when coming into one of the Baltic ports while watching on Deck 10 - but I didn't know he was the CD - we hadn't been to any of the shows in the WDT.

I'm always much more interested in hanging out with the characters on the ship :) One time I was taking pictures of Minnie at a deck party (sail away time from one of the ports) and then later the same day, I was getting my picture made with her in one of her fancy outfits and she remembered me from earlier - she pointed at me, then up (towards Deck 9) and then did a little dance and signed picture taking - It was the coolest character interaction I've had.

And really, character interactions on DCL are so great. Our first Med I saw Peter Pan just hanging out on Deck 5 and asked him what he was doing - he winked and said "looking for mischief." He was on the train to Rome with us and came "****-a-doodle-doo-ing" as we got near Rome - Nathan will never forget it because it woke him up with a start because Peter Pan was so loud - and so in character.

DH likes chatting up the Princesses. And the Queen of Hearts is a favorite of mine - she "swooshed" her skirt at me once when she was coming through as if I was in her way and as if to say "off with her head." She's my inner villian, just so you know :)

We fly out in SIX WEEKS!
I know that DL1957 and some of her group are on the same flight as us (ATL to BCN, Delta) leaving on June 12th - anyone else? We plan to meet up in the gate area to make the time go faster.

Also as a reminder. we're "hosting" a Meet/Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday night and Friday night, both starting at 7 PM. We'll hang out in the lobby area, so if you're staying at the hotel or just want to pop in to say hi, we'll look around for DISers. Nothing formal, nothing long - just a chance to get acquainted and share travel stories and exchange tips for Barcelona, etc.

And on Friday night, after the Meet, we're going to go to the Magic Fountains of Montjuic - I'm going to get directions from the concierge, but it looks pretty easy to get there with public transportation. Thought we'd head out around 8 PM so if anyone wants to go at the same time, that's what we're doing.

Meet and Greet on the ship is scheduled for Saturday, June 15th in the Promenade Lounge beginning at 3 PM til time for safety drill; come by during that time to say hi to your fellow DISers - definitely a come-and-go, or come-and-stay sort of thing.

I plan to deliver them on the sea days. It gives the DDs a special thing to do.

We try to deliver as soon as possible because DH made luggage tags that have the port times on them. Especially helpful for those who do not got on DCL excursions. Sue

The CD does no make or break my cruise, but he does have a part in your experience. I like to interact with the crew and my DH has made quite a few friends and connections with them over the years. Part of going on DCL is that interaction, that is unlike any other cruiseline. Try it, you may find that you have some new friends. We love when we come back and the crew remembers our names. I"ve had crew members seek us out just to say hi. Trust me he doesn't make or break my experience, if that was the case I wouldn't sail with him.
I agree with you. DSIS and DBIL changed to DCL because they felt the crew really cared about their day when the asked. It raises a good cruise to a great cruise in our opinion. I have to agree about Peter. We had him as assistant DC on the 1st Alaska cruise because he was taking over from either Brent or Clayton. Maybe Clayton will routate off before or after the transalantic.
Sue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter