• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who's excited about their WDW trip this year?? Tell me about it!!

146 days until our trip!

We will be staying at the Beach Club from Dec 18th through the 23rd. It's my wife and I along with our 10 year old son and 5 year old daughter.

Here's the plan so far:

Friday the 18th - we arrive in Orlando around noon. We will go check into the BC and head to MK for the MVMCP that night. We have dinner reservations at BOG.

Saturday the 19th - this is our AK day (the first time for our family). We have lunch reservations for Yak and Yeti and dinner will be back at the resort at Captains Grille (or maybe just grab something at the boardwalk)

Sunday the 20th - this is an Epcot day/off day. We spent a lot of time at Epcot last year, so we'll spend some time around the boardwalk, have lunch at Tutto Italia, Candlelight Processional at 5:00, and dinner at Via Napoli. I'm sure my son and I will hit some rides in the a.m.

Monday the 21st - MK day. This will be our only rope drop of the trip. Daughter has BBB scheduled at 11:30, lunch at CRT at 1:00. We'll head back to the BC in the late afternoon and grab dinner/ice cream at Beaches & Cream that night.

Tuesday the 22nd - Hollywood Studios. We have a noon H&V reservation w/ Fantasmic. Probably head back to BC shortly after and rest for our night plans of Osbourne lights, Fantasmic, and hopefully the Minnie H&D dinner if we can get the reservation - if not I have a backup 50's cafe reservation.

Wednesday the 23rd - Breakfast at Cape May before we get ready to head home. Flight leaves at 2:00

The good news is we won't have time for the post trip blues with Santa coming two days later - hopefully everything works out as well as our last trip!

Sounds like you have everything planned out! How exciting. Christmas time is the best. I am going for Halloween for the first time but you are making me miss Christmas! Lol.

This is my FAVORITE part of MNSSHP parade!! I was debating not doing MNSSHP this time (crazy, I know) but then I thought of the shovels and sparks flying and this little detail reminded me of how much I love the party and decided to do it lol.

We'll be there Sept 22-Oct 1, staying at POR for the first time :goodvibes

9/22: arrival day, not sure if we'll go to DTD for dinner or keep our Whispering Canyon ADR
9/23: EPCOT, Tokyo Dining dinner
9/24: AK, Tusker House breakfast, possibly Whispering Canyon for dinner if we don't do it on arrival night
9/25: Pool day, MNSSHP
9/26: EPCOT, Beaches & Cream lunch, Hacienda San Angel dinner, maybe heading to MK for evening EMH after dinner
9/27: DHS, 50's PT dinner
9/28: EPCOT, F&WF lunch, Le Cellier dinner
9/29: Possibly DTD in AM, MK evening w/ dinner at BOG
9/30: MK, 8am BOG breakfast (hoping park opening hours don't change)
10/1: Sad day :sad: Headed home

As you can see we mainly stick to EPCOT and MK which are our family's favorite parks. We've got quite a few new experiences for us this time so I'm extra excited!! I'm driving the kids crazy talking about it nonstop lol :jumping1:

Love your plan. You will really enjoy POR. It is beautiful. Hope you get to stay in the mansion buildings.
I like the food court there as well. The prices are good and I like the food choices.

We are going for the first time over Halloween! We are flying in on Saturday and staying one night at AoA before we check in to the Grand Floridian for 7 nights! It will be myself, DH, DD 4.5. It's a special trip because it will be our last trip as a family of 3- I'm expecting a baby in February. We'll be attending MNSSHP on 10/25! We'll be eating at Narcoossee's, Le Cellier, CRT, and several other restaurants in WS. We're doing tea at the GF, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and lots of time at Epcot and Magic Kingdom, plus a couple of days at the resort!

Congratulations! Grand Floridian for 7 nights! That's awesome. If you have a non-view room ask for a marina view. It's no charge and you can see the lake from your patio. :)

We are going from Dec. 7 -14. It's my daughter's 16th birthday trip. It will be myself, dh, dd (11), and soon to be 16 dd. We are staying at the villas at the GF for 5 nights and then switching to POR Royal room for 2 nights. Our ADR's include BOG lunch and dinner, CP, CRT, Rose and Crown CP package, and Sci-FI.

Can't wait!

Sweet 16 at Christmas time. Perfect!

We have 3 trips planned in the next 10 months:

Sept 9-18, CBR, adults only trip with nothing planned or scheduled yet, but trip paid off long ago
Dec 30-Jan 18, CSR, entire family, mostly in WDW, including running the Dopey, then a short cruise out of Tampa
Mid-April, 2016, no resort selected yet, entire family plus extended family/friends - marching band trip

We will be going in October also!! 11 family members total! We are staying at Coronado Springs! Here is the plan:

October 17th: arrive, dinner at Boatwrights
October 18th: Animal Kingdom, dinner at Sanaa
October 19th: Magic Kingdom, dinner at Crystal Palace
October 20th: relax/pool/shop day, dinner at T-Rex
October 21st: Hollywood Studios, dinner at Mama Melrose
October 22nd: Epcot, dinner at Le Hacienda
October 23rd: Magic Kingdom, lunch at Be Our Guest, dinner at Kona Café

I am beyond excited :jumping1:

Super excited and it may take a minute to describe why... but you asked so here goes. We had a trip planned for last fall and then found out my oldest DD was pregnant and was due the week before we were to arrive. As we discussed option we then found out she was having a little boy but he had a heart condition. Before long we knew that he was going to require at least one open heart surgery within a week of birth and our decision to cancel was made.

He was born last September, and within a couple of days was taken by ambulance to Vanderbilt, about 3 hours from home. We spent four weeks in Nashville as he went through surgery and recovery. In May we were back in Nashville as he had his second open heart surgery in his first 8 months. He's now a healthy little boy that is well on the road to recovery and looking at no more surgeries, for which we consider ourselves truly blessed.

We are now 62 days out from a 10 day trip for 15 of us, including the new little one. Our trip starts 6 days after his first birthday, on the anniversary of his first surgery. To say we are super excited would be a major understatement. I'm teared up typing this just thinking of how fortunate we are to be making this trip and how much we are going to enjoy ourselves. We spend our days making certain he's watched all the "important" Disney movies, you know, the ones that have rides, restaurants, etc. in the parks. We watch all the sing along videos and dance to each and every song. (Our favorite is Pearly Shells on the Beach Party video, he just has a thing for Minnie) So, when you see the biggest smiles and the happiest hugs at WDW from September 30th to October 9th you'll know it's us.

Super excited and it may take a minute to describe why... but you asked so here goes. We had a trip planned for last fall and then found out my oldest DD was pregnant and was due the week before we were to arrive. As we discussed option we then found out she was having a little boy but he had a heart condition. Before long we knew that he was going to require at least one open heart surgery within a week of birth and our decision to cancel was made.

He was born last September, and within a couple of days was taken by ambulance to Vanderbilt, about 3 hours from home. We spent four weeks in Nashville as he went through surgery and recovery. In May we were back in Nashville as he had his second open heart surgery in his first 8 months. He's now a healthy little boy that is well on the road to recovery and looking at no more surgeries, for which we consider ourselves truly blessed.

We are now 62 days out from a 10 day trip for 15 of us, including the new little one. Our trip starts 6 days after his first birthday, on the anniversary of his first surgery. To say we are super excited would be a major understatement. I'm teared up typing this just thinking of how fortunate we are to be making this trip and how much we are going to enjoy ourselves. We spend our days making certain he's watched all the "important" Disney movies, you know, the ones that have rides, restaurants, etc. in the parks. We watch all the sing along videos and dance to each and every song. (Our favorite is Pearly Shells on the Beach Party video, he just has a thing for Minnie) So, when you see the biggest smiles and the happiest hugs at WDW from September 30th to October 9th you'll know it's us.
We'll be there at almost exactly the same time, and I'll look for those smiles. :goodvibes

We will be going in October also!! 11 family members total! We are staying at Coronado Springs! Here is the plan:

October 17th: arrive, dinner at Boatwrights
October 18th: Animal Kingdom, dinner at Sanaa
October 19th: Magic Kingdom, dinner at Crystal Palace
October 20th: relax/pool/shop day, dinner at T-Rex
October 21st: Hollywood Studios, dinner at Mama Melrose
October 22nd: Epcot, dinner at Le Hacienda
October 23rd: Magic Kingdom, lunch at Be Our Guest, dinner at Kona Café

I am beyond excited :jumping1:

Hey, you will be at Epcot the same day as me. I am hoping EMH won't affect the park crowds to bad that day.

I am super excited with 87 days left to go before my trip in October!

Here are my plans! Tell me about yours!

• Wednesday October 21st WWoHP (Dinner @ City Walk Emeril's)
  • Thursday October 22nd Epcot F&W (Dinner at Teppan Edo)
  • Friday October 23rd MK & MNSSHP (My 35th bday! Lunch @ The Boathouse, Dinner @ BOG)
  • Saturday October 24th Typhoon Lagoon (Dinner @ the House of Blues)
  • Sunday October 25th Animal Kingdom (Dinner @ Rainforest cafe but may change)
Staying at POR! This will be my first time for the MNSSHP, AK, and Typhoon Lagoon. :beach:
My husband has never been to DW at all! He is a chef so I'm most excited for him to see Epcot and experience the Food & Wine Festival.

::MinnieMo

We almost have the same dates! I'll be staying at PO:FQ from Oct 22nd - 28th. It'll also be my first MNSSHP, but we're going on the 22nd after we check in. Maybe we'll bump elbows!

106 days for us - super excited!

11/12 - arrive @ POFQ, explore DTD, maybe mini golf
11/13 - Epcot for Food & Wine - first time!
11/14 - HS - hoping for dinner at the rumored Minnie's Holiday dinner, finally get to see the Christmas lights!
11/15 - late breakfast at WCC, then to MK for the afternoon parade, then early dinner at 1900 Park Fare
11/16 - Food & Wine, dinner at Rose & Crown just in time for IllumiNations (finally!)
11/17 - MK, dinner at Tony's (mom loves Lady & the Tramp)
11/18 - AK with lunch at Yak & Yeti
11/19 - my 40th birthday! Pre-opening ADR at CP (Eeyore's my fave!), dinner at BOG (my favorite fairytale!), staying late for MVMCP! Perfect birthday! (even though it will be exhausting!)
11/20 - go home (boo)

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

106 days for us - super excited!

11/12 - arrive @ POFQ, explore DTD, maybe mini golf
11/13 - Epcot for Food & Wine - first time!
11/14 - HS - hoping for dinner at the rumored Minnie's Holiday dinner, finally get to see the Christmas lights!
11/15 - late breakfast at WCC, then to MK for the afternoon parade, then early dinner at 1900 Park Fare
11/16 - Food & Wine, dinner at Rose & Crown just in time for IllumiNations (finally!)
11/17 - MK, dinner at Tony's (mom loves Lady & the Tramp)
11/18 - AK with lunch at Yak & Yeti
11/19 - my 40th birthday! Pre-opening ADR at CP (Eeyore's my fave!), dinner at BOG (my favorite fairytale!), staying late for MVMCP! Perfect birthday! (even though it will be exhausting!)
11/20 - go home (boo)

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

Happy 40th! First time at F&W? You'll love it!! Have a magical time! :wizard:

We've averaged a trip a year since 1999 but a WDW trip is always exciting. We switched to Food&Wine from our usual March time frame a few years back and we're hooked on this event. This year we're there early on Oct 29 staying for 9 nights at Board Walk, we'll catch 4 acts in the Eat to the Beat concert series, all new to us. We plan to do some EMH evenings for the first time ever and the Tequila Flight in Mexico.

Bill From PA

I love seeing how everyone is so excited about a trip! Makes me even more excited about ours. September 8-22! Just my DH and myself this year, the kids are back in college. It is a bittersweet one, first time at Disney without them but so looking forward to time with the hubby, besides Vegas, this will be our first long vacation together EVER. Two weeks in paradise staying at CSR, our home away from home. Sister/family come in on 9/12 (Y&B) for a week and parents come in on 9/16 (POR) for a week, a great mix of time alone and family. All staying at different places, we do hoppers so few different parks each day. We have done MVMCP in the past bu this year will be our first MNSSHP on 9/15. Can't wait.

I'm almost counting down hours now ;-) I spend most of my time on Disboards, EasyWDW and the MDE app. I keep checking the FP+ every day (sometimes twice :P) mainly to perfect the times I have. But today I traded my Expedition Everest against Kilimanjaro Safari and Dinosaur for Meeting Mickey & Minnie in AK. It keeps me busy :)

Leaving for FL on November 14 to Daytona Beach, heading to AoA November 16th-18th and back to Daytona Beach until Nov 20th. I would love to have done a week at WDW but our Daytona Beach stay is with my grandparents and as of yet I can't convince them to visit the world. But I am so so excited about AoA Cars Suite! My DD is a huge Cars fan and while I would love to see Cars land, I want to wait until she is older for a west coast trip. But we are both so excited about this resort. She picked it, so I am also excited I now have a planning partner. We will more than likely spend two days at MK so we can relax and take it all in (and to account for any rain, our one day trip last year got cut short by bad weather). If anything, it is a less costly trip, so I can save more up for my 40th bday trip in two years to WL CL!

I'm almost counting down hours now ;-) I spend most of my time on Disboards, EasyWDW and the MDE app. I keep checking the FP+ every day (sometimes twice :P) mainly to perfect the times I have. But today I traded my Expedition Everest against Kilimanjaro Safari and Dinosaur for Meeting Mickey & Minnie in AK. It keeps me busy :)

Down to hours?! Great! I know I love to plan plan plan. Keeps my mind daydreaming. :cutie:
I still have to buy my tickets for AK so I can book fastpass in 30days! My other tickets are on track.

11/27-12/3 AKV, our first Christmas trip :)
11/30- Candlelight Processional with NPH for my wife, she loves him.
12/1-MVMCP

We'll also be meeting our friends that recently moved to FL for a day at Epcot, so they can hopefully convince my wife how great an idea it is to leave NY and go to FL!

Down to hours?! Great! I know I love to plan plan plan. Keeps my mind daydreaming. :cutie:
I still have to buy my tickets for AK so I can book fastpass in 30days! My other tickets are on track.

As it's little over 30 days before my trip starts, I'm not counting hours yet. But I could :P

We are super excited to go! DH & I, DS(9), DS(6), My Mom & Dad, My Grandma.

POFQ - First time there and very excited about trying it out. We booked two River view Rooms (hopefully connecting) with a friend's cast member room discount. We are also going to do the DDP.

My parents winter in FL so we will stay at their home 1 night before and 1 night after for our travel days.
  • Feb. 26th - MK (Fantasyland) - Chef Mickey's Dinner
  • Feb. 27th - HS - Sci-Fi Dinner
  • Feb. 28th - Pool & Downtown Disney, possibly Fantasmic in the evening - Cape May Dinner or 1900 PF Breakfast (can't decide!)
  • Feb. 29th - Epcot (World Showcase) - Ohana Dinner
  • March 1st - HS - Trex Dinner
  • March 2nd - AK - Rainforest Cafe Dinner (or Cape May if we decide to do breakfast on the 28th)
  • March 3rd - MK (Adventureland, Frontierland, & Liberty Square) - BOG Dinner
  • March 4th - Epcot (Future World etc.) - DS's 7th birthday! - Garden Grill Dinner
  • March 5th - MK (Tomorrowland) - possible Tony's Town Square Dinner - depends when we are ready to leave for home, might just eat QS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter