Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

Definitely aiming for Feb 2017 at this point. Our first time was in Feb 2015, and we thought it might be a once in a lifetime experience...but then we realized this is something that needs to be experienced again and again, so we're laying the groundwork for trip #2.

We are going October 2017 for our second anniversary. We didn't get a honeymoon, so this will be a good trip. We are staying at the Fort, going to Epcot one day and Magic Kingdom for the Halloween Party another day. I can't wait, haven't been since 2013

Whispering Canyon and Big River Grille are two others I have been wanting to try!

I think my son would really get a kick out of Whispering Canyon if the wait staff is playing things up that day. I know it is not guaranteed but think the atmosphere would just be something he and my daughter would enjoy.

Big River Grille for the food.

Definitely aiming for Feb 2017 at this point. Our first time was in Feb 2015, and we thought it might be a once in a lifetime experience...but then we realized this is something that needs to be experienced again and again, so we're laying the groundwork for trip #2.

Glad to hear that you are planning another trip. There is just so much you can do and enjoy.

We are going October 2017 for our second anniversary. We didn't get a honeymoon, so this will be a good trip. We are staying at the Fort, going to Epcot one day and Magic Kingdom for the Halloween Party another day. I can't wait, haven't been since 2013[/QUOTE

WDW will be a fun place for an anniversary trip and October a beautiful time to go!

We are planning a trip for the first week of April in 2017 (3/31-4/8). I'm so excited!!! Our first ever trip was the first week of June 2015. We stayed offsite last time, about 8-10 minutes from the parks, and it wasn't a bad drive and the condo was lovely...but I just felt it was missing something. And I honestly didn't think I would feel that way going in, but I did. I had read about "Disney Magic", and "Disney Bubble" and I thought, meh...it can't be that big of a deal, but then when we got there, it hit and I just understood what the hype was. And apparently I wasn't the only one because when I told the hubs that the kids want to go back and what did he think about it, he said absolutely but we are staying onsite. He started off saying he would prefer a monorail resort (GF or Poly) but then said that since our favorite park was Animal Kingdom he might want to stay at AKL...he has looked at it and says the atmosphere just looks great. I will be stalking the boards again for the next year and 2 months, planning like crazy and waiting for room rates and discounts to come out. Good times, good times! :cool1:

Last edited:
Yay, I'm happy to find some other advanced planners :) we are planning a Dec 2017 trip, and our first MVMCP! We are hoping to stay at the Poly.

As for food choices, we are going to try Ohanas, Be Our Guest, 50's Prime Time, and Teppan Edo for a "date night" in Epcot for DH and me while my parents take the kiddos back to the hotel. I'm also hoping the new Avatarland expansion will have an interesting new restaurant for us to try on our Animal kingdom day.

:rainbow:
We are planning a trip for the first week of April in 2017 (3/31-4/8). I'm so excited!!! Our first ever trip was the first week of June 2015. We stayed offsite last time, about 8-10 minutes from the parks, and it wasn't a bad drive, very easy, in fact, and the condo was lovely...but I just felt it was missing something. And I honestly didn't think I would feel that way going in, but I did. I had read about "Disney Magic", and "Disney Bubble" and I thought, meh...it can't be that big of a deal, but then when we got there, it hit and I just understood what the hype was. And apparently I wasn't the only one because when I told the hubs that the kids want to go back and what did he think about it, he said absolutely but we are staying onsite. He started off saying he would prefer a monorail resort (GF or Poly) but then said that since our favorite park was Animal Kingdom he might want to stay at AKL...he has looked at it and says the atmosphere just looks great. I will be stalking the boards again for the next year and 2 months, planning like crazy and waiting for room rates and discounts to come out. Good times, good times! :cool1:

Happy times for you! :rainbow: It is great that your hubby is on board with you staying onsite! :yay:
There are several advantages to staying onsite. For one, it is nice not having to deal with traffic yourself. You just catch some type of Disney transportation and go. My hubby and I both are happy that we do not have to focus on where we are going and what streets to turn on or parking.

I do really feel like I am in the Disney bubble whenever I am there. It is nice to take a step back from the general everyday atmosphere. :cloud9:

Yay, I'm happy to find some other advanced planners :) we are planning a Dec 2017 trip, and our first MVMCP! We are hoping to stay at the Poly.
Ahh! The Poly :cloud9:. Someday I hope to stay there too.

As for food choices, we are going to try Ohanas, Be Our Guest, 50's Prime Time, and Teppan Edo for a "date night" in Epcot for DH and me while my parents take the kiddos back to the hotel. I'm also hoping the new Avatarland expansion will have an interesting new restaurant for us to try on our Animal kingdom day.

Ohanas is on my must do list too! I forgot that Avatarland might be up and running when we go in 2017. I guess I had better go read up on that expansion.

We are going one year from today! 2/1/2017!

Every event this year is "The ____ before Disney World!" I'm a little obsessed. My toddlers aren't even as excited as I am. :)

We are going one year from today! 2/1/2017!

Every event this year is "The ____ before Disney World!" I'm a little obsessed. My toddlers aren't even as excited as I am. :)

WOO HOO! :rainbow:One year from today! The first week of February will be a great time to go. The crowds should be pretty low at that time of the year. :flower:You need to make a count down calendar. There are sites that make free Disney ones that you can add to your profile signature.

I know I am totally obsessed and I haven't even finalized a date. I just know I plan to return in 2017 sometime.

Have you thought about where you will be staying?

:rainbow:

Happy times for you! :rainbow: It is great that your hubby is on board with you staying onsite! :yay:
There are several advantages to staying onsite. For one, it is nice not having to deal with traffic yourself. You just catch some type of Disney transportation and go. My hubby and I both are happy that we do not have to focus on where we are going and what streets to turn on or parking.

I do really feel like I am in the Disney bubble whenever I am there. It is nice to take a step back from the general everyday atmosphere. :cloud9:

mdsouth, what are your thoughts on onsite lodging? I am trying to narrow down some choices so I will be prepared when it comes time for me to book. Preliminary plans are for me, my husband, my son, my daughter and maybe her boyfriend. It looks like we will rent 2 rooms as I don't think the ones that hold 5 would be very comfortable for a whole week with 4 adults and a teenage boy, lol. Of course the deluxes are my favorite, just looking online, but money wise, I'm not sure. I have talked with my husband and he says convenience to restaurants and parks wins out for him over cost. Me, I'm not so sure about that! We have looked at WL (my husband loves), AKL (my husband and son love), Poly (I love), and POR for a moderate. WL - we love the theme, the boat to MK, restaurant choices (also can boat to CR to monorail for other resort restaurants), but I heard there is construction going on and am worried about the impact it will have or if it will be close to finished and not as impactful by the time we go in 2017. AKL - we love the theme, love that there are a few restaurant choices, not sure about remoteness. Poly - what's not to love? But price...with possibly renting 2 rooms...ugh. POR - cheaper, like the boat to DTD, but not sure about the resort size and the lack of restaurant choices.

We are planning on taking 1-2 days for Universal parks, so I thought about staying at Disney and then switching to a Universal hotel for a couple of nights. I also thought about a split stay at Disney for a Mod and Deluxe. But I'm not sure I want to fool with switching. I kind of like to stay put once I am somewhere.

Last edited:
WOO HOO! :rainbow:One year from today! The first week of February will be a great time to go. The crowds should be pretty low at that time of the year. :flower:You need to make a count down calendar. There are sites that make free Disney ones that you can add to your profile signature.

I know I am totally obsessed and I haven't even finalized a date. I just know I plan to return in 2017 sometime.

Have you thought about where you will be staying?

I took your advice, notice the counter below! Woot woot!

We are staying at the Polynesian. My kidos will be 3 and 5, so I figured that would be in the most convenient location. I can't decide if I'm more excited about the Disney atmosphere or the FOOD. While planning I find myself coming back to pictures of food, menus, etc. Who has time for rides?? There is so much to eat!

NOM NOM NOM!

mdsouth, what are your thoughts on onsite lodging? I am trying to narrow down some choices so I will be prepared when it comes time for me to book. Preliminary plans are for me, my husband, my ds (will be 13), my daughter (will be 20) and her boyfriend (will be 23). It looks like we will rent 2 rooms as I don't think the ones that hold 5 would be very comfortable for a whole week with 4 adults and a teenage boy, lol. Of course the deluxes are my favorite, just looking online, but money wise, I'm not sure. I have talked with my husband and he says convenience to restaurants and parks wins out for him over cost. Me, I'm not so sure about that! We have looked at WL (my husband loves), AKL (my husband loves), Poly (I love, but price...ugh), and POR for a moderate. WL - we love the theme, the boat to MK, restaurant choices (also can boat to CR to monorail for other resort restaurants), but I heard there is construction going on and am worried about the impact it will have or if it will be close to finished and not as impactful by the time we go in 2017. AKL - we love the theme, love that there are a few restaurant choices, not sure about remoteness. Poly - what's not to love? I can't understand why my husband doesn't like it as well. But price...with renting 2 rooms...ugh. POR - cheaper, like the boat to DTD, but not sure about the resort size and the lack of restaurant choices.

We are planning on taking 1-2 days for Universal parks, so I thought about staying at Disney and then switching to a Universal hotel for a couple of nights. I also thought about a split stay at Disney for a Mod and Deluxe. But I'm not sure I want to fool with switching. I kind of like to stay put once I am somewhere.

It is hard to choose when you need to have two rooms. Between WL and AKL I would probably go with WL. I have not been to either one but when you look at prices WL tends to be less than AKL. Also, there is the boat for an extra transportation option. So, it might be in the running. I, too, would love to stay at the Poly for convenience and theme but the expense is a major drawback.

POR is a beautiful resort too and would definitely be less money than the other options. It has a boat to Disney Springs for options for food.
I would probably not do a split while at Disney. I think you would lose valuable time making the switch, plus the extra packing you have to do would not be as relaxing as just staying in one place the entire time.

Another option I will throw in the mix is the Dolphin or Swan. I have not stayed at either one but have considered them due to the closeness to EPCOT. You would have to check out the threads on them to see what people say about them as an option. I think the walk to EPCOT is similar to the walk from YC/BC.
I would consider the option of staying at a Universal hotel for a night or two depending on how many days you plan to go to Universal. But I would put those days either at the beginning of the trip or the end of the trip.

Just booked my hotel room at the Poly! Aaaaaahh!

COOL! :yay:That is my all-time number one resort I want to try! You must be on :cloud9:!
I bet your feet don't touch the ground for several months! In fact, this will be a wonderful way to perk yourself up if you have a hard or trying day from time to time between now and February 2017. :hourglass:hourglass

All you have to do is keep telling yourself, "I AM STAYING AT THE POLY!"

A resort on the monorail will be ideal for you since your kids will be little. You can just put them in the stroller in your room and go! No need to take them out of the stroller to catch a ride to MK!

I took your advice, notice the counter below! Woot woot!

We are staying at the Polynesian. My kidos will be 3 and 5, so I figured that would be in the most convenient location. I can't decide if I'm more excited about the Disney atmosphere or the FOOD. While planning I find myself coming back to pictures of food, menus, etc. Who has time for rides?? There is so much to eat!

NOM NOM NOM!

YES! Food choices! :daisy: I spend lots of time, looking over the menus and drooling over other people's food photos! :cake:So, what is one of the top food items you want to try?

We are planning for 2017, thinking 2 weeks in the summer! Can't wait.
I'm going to dread going in the summer but we just can't take the kids out of school anymore. The homework is just out of control now.

We are going either mid-January or mid-March 2017. Can't decide. Anyone gone during those times?

Planning our honeymoon for October of 2017! Hoping to rent points and stay at BWV, or AKL. Also considering staying at CS. Anyone have an opinion on those 3 as to which would be best for a honeymoon?

I haven't even gone this year (leaving in 3 weeks) and already panning 2017. There's a couple in the Feb planning FB group I'm in that's celebrating his bday @ the world this year and I mentioned to my boyfriend that it would be fun to do that one year. He said "next year sounds good" Pretty sure he immediately regretted it b/c I'm running with it lol but We're going to go the weekend after Thanksgiving Nov/Dec 2017 for a bday trip! We will probably try and rent points for Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge if we can or I may just book them when next year's packages come out and hope for a discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter