Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

We're planning for November 2017. My niece will be two and a half then and we think that's a good age to take her.

Isn't any age a great age to go to Disney? Tee Hee! My daughter's first trip was when she was two and a half. So, I have some experience taking a child that age. She did really well on most days but we were there in late May and the heat was crazy! It was hotter than normal they said and she did not do well in the heat. Going in November, you should not have any trouble with the heat.

My daughter's favorite ride at that age was the Teacups! We also split up some of the time with either my husband or I going back to the resort early with my DD while the other stayed in the park with my son who was 8 at the time. This worked out well for us when she needed to nap or just have down time at the resort. Since we stayed on-site, this was easy for us since we had the Disney transportation and did not all have to leave together or have to return with the car to get someone.

Will you be staying on-site? We stayed at CBR and it was a great choice for us with the kids. I remember spending some relaxing time at the pool and around the playground area. The moderates have nice playground sets with swings and slides for kids to play on. At CBR the playground is on a nice sandy area. So, the kids even played in the sand a bit.

Yeah we're staying onsite. We're leaning towards renting a two bedroom villa either with points or using my BIL's military discount.

Yeah we're staying onsite. We're leaning towards renting a two bedroom villa either with points or using my BIL's military discount.

Both options sound good. With your BIL's miltary discount have you looked into Shades of Green? It is the military resort by the Poly. You can just goggle Shades of Green to get to their website. My brother was in the Air Force and I checked out the site when we were thinking of taking a trip with his family. I think Shades of Green has suites along with regular rooms.

We looked into Shades of Green but decided against it. My parents really like the idea of a villa with a kitchen and room for my niece to run.

The villa with a kitchen and separate bedroom or bedrooms will be nice. How long will you be staying?

I definitely have the Disney itch! Yesterday, I spent some time on the Disney site plugging in comparable dates in 2016 for my future trip in 2017 just to get idea of prices.

For now, I plan on staying onsite but am wavering between adding the dining plan or paying out of pocket. In reality it will come down to what kind of discounts they have at the time I am ready to book. In the past, I have been able to get get either a room only discount or a package discount.

We are planning a trip in late June/early July 2017! We are staying in AoA suites. There will be 12 of us: 4 grandparents, my bil and sil with their girls (ages 5 and 2 1/2), and us and our two kids (ages 14 and 11).

We are taking a WDW break next year. We are staying at Universal for two nights in July and then boarding the Fantasy for my birthday trip.

We will be staying a week. Of course now you have me looking at ShAdes of green again.

Oops! :oops:Sorry to complicate your planning! :magnify:

We are planning a trip in late June/early July 2017! We are staying in AoA suites. There will be 12 of us: 4 grandparents, my bil and sil with their girls (ages 5 and 2 1/2), and us and our two kids (ages 14 and 11).

We are taking a WDW break next year. We are staying at Universal for two nights in July and then boarding the Fantasy for my birthday trip.

Extended family trip always sounds fun to me. I just think it would be fun to share the experiences with others.

And you get to go to Universal for a few days along with a cruise on the Fantasy! Sounds like a lot of fun in your future.
My DD who is 12 really wants to go to Universal to experience the Harry Potter world. I think it would be fun too. I just might have to pland a couple of extra days on my next Disney trip to take a side trip to Universal for a few days.

Just bumping this post to see if others are planning a trip for 2017 or 2018. 2017 is only a year away now!

Happy planning and Disney dreaming to all!

We just came back from Disney World in November. It was my first time back to Disney in 21 years (last time I went was when I was 7!). We had such a great time. We stayed at Saratoga Springs.

I loved Disney so much that me and my husband are planning another trip back to Disney for either 2018 or 2019. We plan on going for 10 days and go the week or so before Christmas. I fell in love with Disney with all the Christmas decorations.

I already determined the hotel to stay at -- PORFQ. In a perfect world, we would rather stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Is it 2018 or 2019, yet?!:mickeyjum

We just came back from Disney World in November. It was my first time back to Disney in 21 years (last time I went was when I was 7!). We had such a great time. We stayed at Saratoga Springs.

I loved Disney so much that me and my husband are planning another trip back to Disney for either 2018 or 2019. We plan on going for 10 days and go the week or so before Christmas. I fell in love with Disney with all the Christmas decorations.

I already determined the hotel to stay at -- PORFQ. In a perfect world, we would rather stay at the Wilderness Lodge.

Is it 2018 or 2019, yet?!:mickeyjum

:welcome:MarcheseFam2011!

Just back from your trip in November after 21 years, wow! You should write a trip report. I know I would love hearing your thoughts on what you did as a child and experiencing some of those same things as an adult with your husband. It is great that you are already planning to go back in 2018 or 2019!pixiedust: It does seem like a long way away now, but spending time here on the DIS will help the time pass more quickly since you can share ideas with others who love it as much as you!

Wilderness Lodge would be a great place. I plan to have dinner at Whispering Canyon next time I go so that I can at least see the resort in person. It looks so beautiful in photographs.

Sounds fun! I just watched the Disney Cruise line show on Destination TV channel and would love to go on a Disney cruise. Happy Sailing!

Thank you!! DH & I are going on our first cruise, on Carnival in June, to celebrate our 25th anniversary! I'm hoping we love it as much as we hear that folks do, so we can do the DCL cruise with our DS in Oct 17.

If we decide we do not like cruising, I believe we will plan a Universal / SeaWorld / LEGOLAND trip instead.

Thank you!! DH & I are going on our first cruise, on Carnival in June, to celebrate our 25th anniversary! I'm hoping we love it as much as we hear that folks do, so we can do the DCL cruise with our DS in Oct 17.

If we decide we do not like cruising, I believe we will plan a Universal / SeaWorld / LEGOLAND trip instead.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 25 Anniversary!

We haven't even completed our June 2016 trip yet. But, in the back of my head I am planning for a 2017 trip in the fall. I really want DD to experience the Halloween Party (OK, maybe I want to also).

I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes

2016 is a busy WDW year for us (January, April, September and December) along with our vow renewal at Aulani, so probably just one or two trips next year.

Right now, we have a room-only reservation for May 2017 for the Asante Presidential Suite at AKL. It's just 3 nights though, because we are doing a cruise on that trip. I haven't decided yet if we are going to stay in WDW after we get back or just head home.

We haven't even completed our June 2016 trip yet. But, in the back of my head I am planning for a 2017 trip in the fall. I really want DD to experience the Halloween Party (OK, maybe I want to also).

I can totally relate to your way of thinking! We just have to plan another trip for our kids! Wink wink:ssst:

2016 is a busy WDW year for us (January, April, September and December) along with our vow renewal at Aulani, so probably just one or two trips next year.

Right now, we have a room-only reservation for May 2017 for the Asante Presidential Suite at AKL. It's just 3 nights though, because we are doing a cruise on that trip. I haven't decided yet if we are going to stay in WDW after we get back or just head home.

:welcome:to our thread. I think May is a wonderful time to be at Disney. The weather is usually very nice and the heat is less intense than late r in the summer.

We did our first WDW trip in June of 2009 and I did not want to leave! It took me 6 years to get back, talked hubby into celebrating our 30th anniversary in WDW this past May! I am now planning another trip in May 2017 (although we are thinking about Oct/Nov for Food and Wine). Poor hubby has given up on putting up a fight about going back, he doesn't have the same need to be in WDW that I do but he loves me so he puts up with it and once we are there he has a great time! Just waiting until I can go to MDE and book it!!

Add me to the group!!! I just discovered this thread!!

We actually head down for our annual WDW vacation in 15 days...but I am already planning our next trip!

We have decided that we will skip 2016 and avoid the whole "newly walking toddler who wants to be independant" stage that would
be the case next year, so we will look at Feb or April 2017 as our next trip and our little guy will be 2. Our older girls will be 12 and 10 for that trip.

Our little guy will get his 1st trip this year though (he is 3 months)...unless you count last year when I was pregnant. :)

It's going to be hard skipping a year as we've gone every year for the past 7 years, but we will be busy with the kids so....

We are planning on doing a Disney cruise and Poly CL for our 2017 trip! We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary as well! Can't wait! :)

Haha, I just saw this post from way back when and of course, my vow to skip 2016 meant NOTHING!!!! :lmao:

We actually go in April and we have 2 nights at AoA, 4 nights on the Disney Dream and then 2 nights GF! Can't wait!

But, we still have a nice plan for 2017, which we are thinking of doing end of August and hope to do 8-9 nights Poly CL. :woohoo:

One step at a time though, gotta get through 2016's trip before I can start planning 2017. :goodvibes

DH and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter