Who watched 'Castle' tonight? SPOILER ALERT!

totally saw the first shooting coming (Montgomery), but not the second (Beckett).

totally wondering if the packet isn't actually sent to whoever "He" is, but to someone else to be held as insurance. Montgomery could have let "him" know that, should anything happen to Beckett, whoever has the packet of info will make it public. I am not sure it was actually mailed to be made public rather than to someone (Castle?) for safe keeping and insurance.

love, love, love Fillion...especially in the scene between him and Beckett - he always brings such honest emotion - you can just read it in his face!!!!

can't wait for next fall!!!!!:)

one other thing I thought didn't work: in the court room, Kate covers Castle (understandable at first) and the stumbles around for way too long never pulling a gun or doing anything a trained cop would do automatically....I'm like "don't you have a gun????". Then again, this show has always been like that - more soap opera-ish...You aren't really supposed to think that hard, but just go along for the ride!!!!

Thanks for the great ideas. I just did not see how they would kill her off. I can watch it again more carefully now to see what I missed the first time.

Montgomery was hinted at recently, yes, so not a huge surprise.

No, there is absolutely no way Castle could have strong armed Kate out of the hangar.

Kate's not dead. You don't kill a major character like that. It was probably a set up to catch the real killers.

Who's pulling the strings? One of the things I like about the show is that if follows common "mystery writing" tropes. It makes things occasionally predictable. Based on my understanding of mysteries and writing (which is, of course, imperfect), I predict that the mastermind behind it all is....Kate's dad.
I absolutely agree. The very first time dad shows up to meet Castle, it's to tell him to get Kate to back off? It's a classic TV misdirection and way too convenient of timing. Plus, we know virtually nothing about him. Besides, anyone who uses the word "tropes" can't be wrong. :thumbsup2

i like the dad angle too. when he showed up to talk to castle, i was sitting there thinking "wth? where has he been all this time? he's just showing up NOW?" too convenient. i read LOTS of mystery novels, and this is all way too convenient, lol.

Good article about the show going forward.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Castle-Finale-Postmortem-Andrew-Marlowe-1033177.aspx

So obviously Beckett lives (duh) and it looks like Montgomery sent the files to Castle not Beckett. I'm liking the dad angle.

Thanks for the link...it does seem that the reference to Castle having more info than Beckett and protecting her from it leans toward Montgomery mailing the files to Castle.

The dad angle is an interesting theory. However, if it was her dad, why then would Lockwood have put the "responsibility" for Beckett being "protected" all these years on Montgomery.

To sleepydog25's point about the out of character acting. I agree about Castle not being able to physically force Beckett by carrying her, and that Lockwood and his goons would have already been in place, not stroll into the meeting in progress. I completely thought the same thing when Ryan and Esposito get into the fight outside of the bar. Why was Esposito taking it "so" hard that he had to take it out on Ryan, who (for all info we have seen the last three seasons) is his best buddy?

Also, while I love the show, I thought that some of the storyline seemed very forced. So Ryan and Esposito go to talk to the bar owner who was in charge of records for 10 years. All they have to do is "ask" him if he knows of anyone who hung around the other two crooked cops, and he is like, well yes, and I just so happen to have a picture of him RIGHT HERE???

To me this was pretty far fetched. So you are saying that at no time ever in the investigation did anyone else think to question any other cop/administrative secretary/dispatcher who remembered the bad cops? Seems like it would have been a pretty easy to determine fact about Montgomery being friends with them that was "overlooked" for years.

re: the dad theory

either Lockwood or Montgomery say something about the guy using it all to make himself who he is - you get the idea it is someone with power and money - the mayor, maybe?. Anyway, her dad has neither!?:confused3

eta: "he took the ransom money to become what he did" from Montgomery in the hangar

I'm liking the Dad angle... were her parents divorced?

I knew Montgomery was going to bite the dust when he said he was retiring in the next to last episode....but I didn't expect him to be the 3rd cop. And I wasn't sure why she had to go to the hangar if he was going to make her leave...why not just tell them when they got there she wasn't there? Unless they followed her?

And I don't think the shooting was a set up, but obviously she'll live. It'll just continue the storyline always being on the backburner and causing conflict. I think the look she gave him was her acknowledging there is something between them.

This is gonna be a looooong summer.

also doesn't make sense that the records room guy owns a cop bar right under their nose and they don't know it.....thought cops were a tighter community than that - they seem to be on TV when it is convenient!

sorry if it was already mentioned - I am just re-watching the episode.....

re: the dad theory

either Lockwood or Montgomery say something about the guy using it all to make himself who he is - you get the idea it is someone with power and money - the mayor, maybe?. Anyway, her dad has neither!?:confused3

eta: "he took the ransom money to become what he did" from Montgomery in the hangar

No, I hear you. It's something I've thought of as well. But someone with power that's bad will make himself appear normal. Forget legitimate power folks like the mayor. Think illegitimate power, like the mob.

No, I hear you. It's something I've thought of as well. But someone with power that's bad will make himself appear normal. Forget legitimate power folks like the mayor. Think illegitimate power, like the mob.

hmmmm...totally see what you are saying!:)

Another thought. The "him" has to be someone we know. A new character makes no sense because the audience has no connection to shock.

My initial reaction was the mayor too.

I like the dad theory but while watching I my gut thought the mayor was "him."

Another thought. The "him" has to be someone we know. A new character makes no sense because the audience has no connection to shock.

My initial reaction was the mayor too.

I like the dad theory but while watching I my gut thought the mayor was "him."

I was thinking Mayor. It's not a criminal it's someone who has bought himself power.

Why in the world didn't the Captain just tell Beckett who it was in the hangar? :headache:

Why in the world didn't the Captain just tell Beckett who it was in the hangar? :headache:

Because then we wouldn't have a cliffhanger! Also they want to continue making us guess who it is. DH thinks it's the mayor.

...and to continue to throw up obstacles, etc. to keep Castle/Beckett apart..and/or draw them closer...push them apart...on and on!!!!;):)...to keep it interesting!:)

there is probably deeper meaning/reason there, but we can't find out until they have used it up for all it's worth!

The Captain told us why he didn't tell her. He said that if he told her he knew that she would run straight at the guy and get herself killed and he didn't want that to happen.

I don't think it is the Dad. The Mayor is more likely, but then he might be less inclined to have Castle shadowing Beckett on cases, so it probably isn't the Mayor since he's always supported Castle (makes for a very risky cover-up).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter