Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Thanks ED,

From the top pic (2013), it appears that some of it is starting to fill back in. It should be nice this summer... Trees or no trees.

j

Ok, just an update. Called in and my reservation was correct, but the email on file was desertcattails@something.com. She had no idea how that got mixed up. FYI, my email is just my name followed by gmail.

On a whim I asked about spots available on Live Oak on the water and she had a few. I switched over to site 15. The lady said those were the most popular with regulars - that most people requested waterfront on live oak. Was I duped? Did I screw up? There were several others available near the loop and then I believe she said 35 was open as well.

Site 15 is directly across from Ed :)

Phil, I think you lucked up because you are there for only a few nights in mid-week (sounds like I'm describing trying to get 1500 loop at the Fort :teeth:). 15 is fine. The sites down by the loop (near site 11 on Live Oak) are view blocked a little bit by brush/reeds along the water's edge and a little smaller. You did good - you can fish from your site.

Actually, the super secret beach criteria says only really cool people can stay on Live Oak.

The black-star-like-gravitational pull that is the awesome power of the Sumac Road bunch may be countered, at least temporarily, by the effects of us and Flametamr. At least we have three locations to travel between when we do our own site crawl. Actually it might be more like

You'll appreciate the view, I promise!

Bama Ed

PS - dang, that means I gotta update the table in post #1 AGAIN

Last edited:

Actually, Phil, if you look at the last picture I posted on page 2 post #28 of this thread, that view is from site 16 so your view is essentially that one.

Bama Ed

Phil, I think you lucked up because you are there for only a few nights in mid-week (sounds like I'm describing trying to get 1500 loop at the Fort :teeth:). 15 is fine. The sites down by the loop (near site 11 on Live Oak) are view blocked a little bit by brush/reeds along the water's edge and a little smaller. You did good - you can fish from your site.

Actually, the super secret beach criteria says only really cool people can stay on Live Oak.

The black-star-like-gravitational pull that is the awesome power of the Sumac Road bunch may be countered, at least temporarily, by the effects of us and Flametamr. At least we have three locations to travel between when we do our own site crawl. Actually it might be more like

You'll appreciate the view, I promise!

Bama Ed

PS - dang, that means I gotta update the table in post #1 AGAIN

Actually, Phil, if you look at the last picture I posted on page 2 post #28 of this thread, that view is from site 16 so your view is essentially that one.

Bama Ed

That looks fantastic. I feel better now. FYI, I was super cool, 20 years ago.

I was never super cool, just, well, entertaining I guess.

Hate you moved, you were going to be my neighbor. However, I can see where waterfront can be a tempting offer. Having Ed for a neighbor is a bonus. This means you now have morning coffee duties on the days you are there.

Hey yall I volunteer to boil the shrimp, just need a round about ball park figure of a head count.

A long time friend of mine and his wife got Tiggerdad's old spot (71). He's family owns a Seafood restaurant in Bayou La Batre. Talking tonight with him just wondering about how many pounds we'll need. If everyone is ok with this? Kinda figuring on 3-4lbs per person, except for Ed, 12 lbs or bust Ed!

We are only there for three days, so if this is happening during that time...

Dmaxphil - 2 adults + 2 kids age 7 & 3

Also let everyone know what they can bring - Drinks, wine, soda etc. Corn, potatoes, onion, etc. Plates, cups, etc

Count me and DS18 in. DW isn't a shrimp fan so I'll cook up something for her.

j

Figure us for a pound each Randy. You need me to bring corn potatoes? I have home grown corn for that.

Last edited:
Hey yall I volunteer to boil the shrimp, just need a round about ball park figure of a head count.

A long time friend of mine and his wife got Tiggerdad's old spot (71). He's family owns a Seafood restaurant in Bayou La Batre. Talking tonight with him just wondering about how many pounds we'll need. If everyone is ok with this? Kinda figuring on 3-4lbs per person, except for Ed, 12 lbs or bust Ed!

12# is a lot of shrimp, baw, plus i like my taters and corn.

Back off that number a wee bit and tell me in advance when DW and me should be there so i can fast beforehand.

Bama Ed

PS - did the online checkin tonight for our March trip. Fingers crossed for 100 Loop!

We can cook up some taco soup one night as well. We did this during our October FW visit and fed a crowd. Just an offer.

We can cook up some taco soup one night as well. We did this during our October FW visit and fed a crowd. Just an offer.

Taco soup sounds good!

Ed, I'd like to plan on boiling shrimp while everyone is there, (dmaxphil included). Probably that Monday the 30th.

Ha, I was talking to my friends that will be a GSP with us about the DISboard tonight at dinner. He said thinks he's going to have to join up. They're the ones who got me hooked on Disney in the first place. He said he was going to pack his Mickey Street Lamp, I told him better, I'm sure everyone else will have one, we're turning Sumac Rd into a extention of the Fort!

P.S. I told him to send his DIS registration fee of $24 to Tiggerdad. Haha I couldn't help myself!

The pool looks pretty plain to me, I mean, I don't see a lazy river.
Is there sand? I don't like sand at the beach. Are there places where I can walk to the Gulf without sand?
How much are the zip lines? I can't see zip lines being worth that much.
On the pier, does it smell like fish? I don't like the smell of fish at the ocean.
I saw in a picture that King Neptunes serves their food on orange plates, that looks "ICK"
What do you mean it costs extra to go out on the pier? Seems like everything extra costs money.
Do the restaurants use plastic baskets lined with paper? I can't see me eating seafood out of a paper lined basket.
Do I have to light my own grill?
Are there insects at GSP?
If it rains, will my new expensive RV get wet?

Sorry, I have a cold and I just took my nightly dose of cold medicine (Jimmy and Mountain Dew) and would otherwise earn points if I posted this on a certain other thread.

Last edited:
The pool looks pretty plain to me, I mean, I don't see a lazy river.
Is there sand? I don't like sand at the beach. Are there places where I can walk to the Gulf without sand?
How much are the zip lines? I can't see zip lines being worth that much.
On the pier, does it smell like fish? I don't like the smell of fish at the ocean.
I saw in a picture that King Neptunes serves their food on orange plates, that looks "ICK"
What do you mean it costs extra to go out on the pier? Seems like everything extra costs money.
Do the restaurants use plastic baskets lined with paper? I can't see me eating seafood out of a paper lined basket.
Do I have to light my own grill?
Are there insects at GSP?
If it rains, will my new expensive RV get wet?

Sorry, I have a cold and I just took my nightly dose of cold medicine (Jimmy and Mountain Dew) and would otherwise earn points if I posted this on a certain other thread.

What do you mean there is no valet parking ? I have never driven anything bigger than my Jaguar. :duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter