Who wants to plan with me? mid Nov - mid Dec - We're up to 110! WOW!

Anyone else worried about the parade taping? I've read that it usually takes place the first Friday and Saturday of December and that Main Street is CRAZY packed! As cool as it would be to see, I don't know that I'd be ok with committing two days of my vacation to that. It also means that I need to plan accordingly if we go to MK either of those days!

I am a little concerned about the parade taping too. On the days of the taping are the other parks less crowded??? Maybe we should avoid MK those days. Any advice for those that have been there at that time??

We were there last year and the taping didnt effect us at all. I think once you get past main street you will be fine.

They do most of the taping before the park opens someday s too so that helps :goodvibes

Ooh that's good to know!

I've got to update my stuff in the first post - on a whim last night we decided to add three more nights to our stay!!! :cool1::cool1: Thankfully we'll be buying APs so the only additional cost will be nights at the house we're renting. This will give us some time to actually enjoy the house as well as Disney. We're also hoping for one morning to do "Grinchmas" at Universal. I love the Grinch almost (probably a touch more maybe) than I do Disney so that would be a perfect morning!!! My boys also love the Grinch so either this year or next year it's a "must do" for us.

What is grinchmas???

I am putting together a website about my trips & life in general if anyone wants to see :) link in my signature.

I'm gonna add more pics from last year and planning for this year.

What is grinchmas???

I am putting together a website about my trips & life in general if anyone wants to see :) link in my signature.

I'm gonna add more pics from last year and planning for this year.

Grinchmas is breakfast with The Grinch himself! Considering my boys and I can tell you the words from the cartoon and book without it in front of us, I'd say we're pretty addicted. :rolleyes1 Why, just this morning I was picking on DS3 about his "Cindy Lou Who hair" (his hair was all sticking up on top!).

I didn't see a link in your signature :confused3

Grinchmas is breakfast with The Grinch himself! Considering my boys and I can tell you the words from the cartoon and book without it in front of us, I'd say we're pretty addicted. :rolleyes1 Why, just this morning I was picking on DS3 about his "Cindy Lou Who hair" (his hair was all sticking up on top!).

I didn't see a link in your signature :confused3

ohh it didnt post my sign!. i guess maybe cause i was using the mobile disboards!

http://www.weheartdisney.com/ <--- LINK :) :rotfl::banana:

Did I kill this tread haha

LOL I don't think so. I was in a training all day yesterday. Today I investigated AAA and what discounts that could provide us. It seems like it would be a good deal so we're thinking about that. We can purchase tickets at a discount and get the diamond parking so we're considering it. We also travel quite a bit so having the extra coverage isn't a bad idea. I'm hoping to spend some planning time this weekend!!

Did you try to get a pin or do you stay off site? AAA is pretty nice. Like say your with your friend and her car breaks down as long as an AAA holder is in the car they tow them. So it's nice :)

Did you try to get a pin or do you stay off site? AAA is pretty nice. Like say your with your friend and her car breaks down as long as an AAA holder is in the car they tow them. So it's nice :)

No we're staying off site. We'd have to stay DVC for all of us to stay together. I don't know if you can use a pin for that or not. We're renting a 7 bedroom house with a private pool and I'm sure we'll enjoy all the extra space we'll have.

We just booked our flights yesterday!!! $59 down and $98 back for Nov. 13-22nd!

:cool1:

Kittycat9
*Where are you staying? AKL Club (Sav.Stnd)
*When are you going? Nov 28 - Dec 4 (booked, but might add 26-27 w/deal)
*Who's in your group? DH, and Boys (ages 6 & 3, almost 7 & 4 then)
*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? DxDP (le Cellier, jiko?)
*What are you looking most forward to? Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Special
*Are you using any other site to help you plan? Are there others? Would love to know.
*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Reading, deciding where we want to go, planning - Getting my strategy in place.

*Where are you staying? Port Orleans Riverside
*When are you going? Nov 30 - Dec 6
*Who's in your group? ME 34 DW 37 DD 4
*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? CRT, Biergarten and Teppan Edo
*What are you looking most forward to? Food and it will be our very first trip!!
*Are you using any other site to help you plan? No but I bought the passporter's travel guide
*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Planning, planning and more planning!! Gonna beef up on a few movies when we get closer to the date.

I'm really hoping for some slow, quiet time with my husband of nearly 40 years. One of my favorite memories of our trip in 2005 was when DH and I took the boat that goes over to Morocco. It was just the 2 of us and so peaceful. We rarely have the time to just sit quietly and hold hands anymore. I hope we get the chance to make another memory like that on this trip.

My DH and I are planning to make this trip as special for us as we are for our kids. We went ahead and set aside all that we needed to now to cover sitters, since we won't have family going with us to help - and plan on taking a few nights out just for ourselves. I cannot wait.

*Where are you staying? Port Orleans Riverside
*When are you going? Nov 30 - Dec 6
*Who's in your group? ME 34 DW 37 DD 4
*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? CRT, Biergarten and Teppan Edo
*What are you looking most forward to? Food and it will be our very first trip!!
*Are you using any other site to help you plan? No but I bought the passporter's travel guide
*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Planning, planning and more planning!! Gonna beef up on a few movies when we get closer to the date.

We stayed at POR last time and absolutely loved it. I was really pleased with the room size - cleanliness and just the general beauty of the grounds. We had a new towel character each day as well. Awesome staff :D

My DH and I are planning to make this trip as special for us as we are for our kids. We went ahead and set aside all that we needed to now to cover sitters, since we won't have family going with us to help - and plan on taking a few nights out just for ourselves. I cannot wait.

That sounds really nice for you and hubby. :flower3: Congrats on thinking ahead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter