Who wants to plan with me? mid Nov - mid Dec - We're up to 110! WOW!

*Where are you staying? Right now it's between POFQ and Coronado Springs.

*When are you going? November 28 - December 4

*Where are you staying? the Cabins at Fort Wilderness

*Who's in your group? me, DH, DS(13), DD(12), and my parents

*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? Chef Mickey's dinner and "Ohana breakfast

*What are you looking most forward to? everything!!! we loved everything Disney

*Are you using any other site to help you plan? just about every Disney site I can find

*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? lots of reading on the disboards, looking at room pictures, checking out ADR options

Originally Posted by PAcpl View Post
That is the week we plan on going at the end of the year. It should be interesting. From what I have read the first couple of days will be heavy crowds. But after that the World dies down pretty fast.

See you there!

We were in Disney from Monday, December 1 through Saturday, December 6, 2008 and the crowds were very very low!! We rode some of the most popular rides like space mountain and expedition everest 3 or 4 times in a row with no more than a 5 minute wait in line!! Also had dinner at Chef Mickey's and the crowds were so low that the characters each came to our table 3 or 4 times!! We are hoping for a similar experience when we go back November 28 - December 4 this year.

I felt the same exact way when I turned 30. I had a really difficult time dealing with it...I thought I was fine until my bday actually came!:confused3

Oh, thank you for saying that... I thought I had to be the only freak in the world to be so upset about turning 30... :rolleyes:

*Where are you staying? On site some place( waiting on a pin code!!)

*When are you going? Nov 29 - Dec 5

*Who's in your group? Just me and the Fiancee :)

*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS?Im still up in the air on this one

*What are you looking most forward to? Wonderful Disney Magic :D

*Are you using any other site to help you plan? i like allears.net but i mainly us disboards

*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? I poke around on the Disboards hahah

*When are you going? November 12 - November 21

*Where are you staying? Renting a 4 bedroom villa in Sunset Lakes Community.

*Who's in your group? Me(58), DH(58), Son(20), Son(30), Son(35), Son's Friend(21), Grandson(14), Grandson(11)

*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? None this time.

*What are you looking most forward to? Epcot!!!

*Are you using any other site to help you plan? All I can find!

*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Read DIS Trip Reports, Watch home movies of our Disneyland vacations, browse pictures of our one and only WDW vacation, watch Disney movies.

*Where are you staying? Windsor Hills..not sure which place yet!
*When are you going? Nov. 12-21
*Who's in your group? Me, dh. 3 kids ages 11, 8, 3 and in-laws!
*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? Garden Grill, Tusker House and/or Chef Mickey's!
*What are you looking most forward to? Sharing the magic with my in-laws. Then have NEVER been to WDW!
*Are you using any other site to help you plan? AllEars, TGM
*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Going over our park maps with the in-laws to figure out what we can all do together. Planning to book our flights soon..a soon as they open up the dates! Looking for a place at WH.

You're going to be there the exact same time as us! We're renting a villa too, but in Sunset Lake. Only way to go when you have lots of people! There are 8 of us going! Already bought our plane tickets and paid for the villa. We're not excited or anything! :lmao:

Will there still be opportunities to apply a military discount even though that particular time of year is considered value season?

You're going to be there the exact same time as us! We're renting a villa too, but in Sunset Lake. Only way to go when you have lots of people! There are 8 of us going! Already bought our plane tickets and paid for the villa. We're not excited or anything! :lmao:
Have you stayed at SL before?? is it really nice? We may look at another community other than WH to get more space for cheaper!

Have you stayed at SL before?? is it really nice? We may look at another community other than WH to get more space for cheaper!

http://www.orlandovillas.com/Map.aspx

Here's a map. Just click on the right and it will show you where the various communities are located. We stayed at Indian Point just off of Hwy 192 last time. It was about 15 minutes from WDW. Not far really, but we got lost coming out of the parks every night until finally a nice Security guard gave us clear directions of how to get back to 192. We're going armed with GPS this time. ;)

Here's another map: http://www.disney-holiday.co.uk/kissimmee_map.html

Here's some pictures of Sunset Lake community if you're computer can open the link. http://www.vr360tour.com/homes/u2918src/

Sunset Lakes is closer to WDW than Indian Point and on the other side of I-4... the same side as WDW. Here's a couple of pictures of Sunset Lakes. - Looks very nice to me. http://www.disney-holiday.co.uk/updated pictures/lake_cabana_lge.jpg - http://www.disney-holiday.co.uk/updated pictures/kiddi_park_lge.jpg

Here's a link to the villa we're renting. http://www.disney-holiday.co.uk/

Price was $1287.00 for 9 nights, including electric pool heat, fees and taxes. We paid $250.00 to hold the house which goes towards the balance which is due Sept. 3rd. They also require a $300.00 refundable damage deposit at that time. We paid the same damage deposit last time and I had it refunded within 3 weeks of our return home.

We don't spend a lot of time at the house, but when we do, it's wonderful to not be cramped into a hotel room. The family LOVED the private pool... used it every night.

We were in Disney from Monday, December 1 through Saturday, December 6, 2008 and the crowds were very very low!! We rode some of the most popular rides like space mountain and expedition everest 3 or 4 times in a row with no more than a 5 minute wait in line!! Also had dinner at Chef Mickey's and the crowds were so low that the characters each came to our table 3 or 4 times!! We are hoping for a similar experience when we go back November 28 - December 4 this year.

I really hope you're right. Some of the posts I have read about MVMCP have mentioned very heavy crowds in December. I like your post much better. :goodvibes

Thanks for starting this list NewToDis! Here is our updated list:

PAcpl:
*Where are you staying? As of now the Animal Kingdom Villas. Hoping to switch to Boardwalk at the 7 month mark.
*When are you going? Nov 27 - Dec 4
*Who's in your group? Just my wife and I.
*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS?
*What are you looking most forward to? Everything! This will be our first trip to Disney during the holidays
*Are you using any other site to help you plan? Tour Guide Mike
*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Reading, reading, reading!

Thank you! The thought of turning 30 actually is making me physically ill! I want to throw up... :sick: I know that is so dumb... lol

I feel the same way and have two years! I've decided we're going to Disney for the big day with the entire extended family - hopefully all of the trip drama will distract me from turning 30! :rotfl:

I felt the same exact way when I turned 30. I had a really difficult time dealing with it...I thought I was fine until my bday actually came!:confused3

Sometimes I'm ok but then when I think I'm gonna be 30 I freak out...

*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? Chef Mickey's dinner and "Ohana breakfast

*What are you looking most forward to? everything!!! we loved everything Disney

Have you been to CM before for dinner?? I'm thinking of maybe trying dinner instead of breakfast this time. How's the food??

We too love all things Disney! :goodvibes

Great report! We were there for a long weekend over my birthday (Dec 13) in 2008 and the crowds were very light so I'm hoping going earlier will mean even lighter crowds!!

*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Read DIS Trip Reports, Watch home movies of our Disneyland vacations, browse pictures of our one and only WDW vacation, watch Disney movies.

That's one thing I wish I would have done is take video. I've taken the camera a couple of times but never used it - the video camera that is! I take way too many pictures! :rotfl: I'd love to save up and get a new fancy DVD camcorder before we go. That would be great!

That's awesome! Wish we could say the same...I can't wait to have the house paid off and have one less thing to worry about.

That's always a good plan! :goodvibes We're thinking we're gonna stay in Crescent Lakes here: http://www.orlandovillas.com/florida-vacation-rental-388.aspx. I've never stayed in WH or SL before. We've done condos through friends or Hotwire and always had good luck. I'm excited about having a huge house to spread out, make our own meals and our own pool to use whenever we want!! :goodvibes

I really hope you're right. Some of the posts I have read about MVMCP have mentioned very heavy crowds in December. I like your post much better. :goodvibes

Thanks for starting this list NewToDis!

Hopefully being the beginning of the MVMCP it won't be too bad. That's what I keep telling myself! :santa:

You're so welcome! It's fun to get to know others and hopefully help each other planning. I'm sure we'll all have lots of good tips along the way to share.

Sorry it took so long for the updates....the nasty stomach bug has hit our house and I'm finally recovering. DH's home with the boys today...he and DS5 are still dealing with the bug but DS3 (who had it Sunday) is all wound up and ready to go! :rotfl:

So if I'm understanding correctly, November hours should be up in March and December in April correct??

It looks like (according to this calculator http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php) that I can start making ADRs in May but since we're not staying on site, I'll have to call every day and make the ADRs right? I've done this before but it's been awhile and I can't remember.

For those going with bigger groups, how are you "planning" or are you just not planners at all?? We're going with our good friends and their kids and I've told them we're (our family) making a plan and they can do whatever - meet us during the day or go with our plan on whatever. We went with different friends about a year ago and they really slowed us down a lot spending every minute of every day together. On a previous trip with yet a different set of friends, they stuck with us most of the time and we got so much done and it was great. The friends we're going with this time have two teenagers so I'm thinking they're gonna do later mornings and later evenings where we do super early mornings and semi - late evenings. I'm planning a couple of Disney nights to kind of figure out what everyone wants to do and stuff but would love feedback from some others who are/have gone with a group.

Sorry it took so long for the updates....the nasty stomach bug has hit our house and I'm finally recovering. DH's home with the boys today...he and DS5 are still dealing with the bug but DS3 (who had it Sunday) is all wound up and ready to go! :rotfl:

So if I'm understanding correctly, November hours should be up in March and December in April correct??

It looks like (according to this calculator http://pscalculator.net/pscalc.php) that I can start making ADRs in May but since we're not staying on site, I'll have to call every day and make the ADRs right? I've done this before but it's been awhile and I can't remember.

For those going with bigger groups, how are you "planning" or are you just not planners at all?? We're going with our good friends and their kids and I've told them we're (our family) making a plan and they can do whatever - meet us during the day or go with our plan on whatever. We went with different friends about a year ago and they really slowed us down a lot spending every minute of every day together. On a previous trip with yet a different set of friends, they stuck with us most of the time and we got so much done and it was great. The friends we're going with this time have two teenagers so I'm thinking they're gonna do later mornings and later evenings where we do super early mornings and semi - late evenings. I'm planning a couple of Disney nights to kind of figure out what everyone wants to do and stuff but would love feedback from some others who are/have gone with a group.

We always visit the Disney parks with a group. We've visited DL so often that I don't really use a plan, but WDW is a whole other thing. I'm using TourGuideMike and may get Ridemax as well to help with the logistics of what park to visit on what days and when to collect FPs and ride the attractions.

The ages of our group going in November are 58, 58, 35, 30, 21, 20, 14 & 11. Trying to please such a diverse age group will be a challenge. The one and only time that we've been to WDW was in 2005. My one regret was not taking enough time at Epcot. I've told my family that I'm spending an entire day in this park and at my own pace. I'm going to see what I want to see this time. If they're bored with the whole visiting other countries thing, then take the monorail over the MK or go to DHS and take in some thrill rides. That's why we're purchasing Park Hoppers.

I don't know what it is about my family, but they tend to cling to Mom when we do things like this. Maybe because they know I do so much research and planning so they think I actually know what I'm doing. :rotfl: Even when we go to DL, a park they know like the back of their hands, I can't seem to shake my offspring. :lmao:

I'm really hoping for some slow, quiet time with my husband of nearly 40 years. One of my favorite memories of our trip in 2005 was when DH and I took the boat that goes over to Morocco. It was just the 2 of us and so peaceful. We rarely have the time to just sit quietly and hold hands anymore. I hope we get the chance to make another memory like that on this trip.

I feel the same way and have two years! I've decided we're going to Disney for the big day with the entire extended family - hopefully all of the trip drama will distract me from turning 30! :rotfl:

Hey you may be on to something with bringing the whole family drama for a distraction... :scratchin

We always visit the Disney parks with a group. We've visited DL so often that I don't really use a plan, but WDW is a whole other thing. I'm using TourGuideMike and may get Ridemax as well to help with the logistics of what park to visit on what days and when to collect FPs and ride the attractions.

The ages of our group going in November are 58, 58, 35, 30, 21, 20, 14 & 11. Trying to please such a diverse age group will be a challenge. The one and only time that we've been to WDW was in 2005. My one regret was not taking enough time at Epcot. I've told my family that I'm spending an entire day in this park and at my own pace. I'm going to see what I want to see this time. If they're bored with the whole visiting other countries thing, then take the monorail over the MK or go to DHS and take in some thrill rides. That's why we're purchasing Park Hoppers.

I don't know what it is about my family, but they tend to cling to Mom when we do things like this. Maybe because they know I do so much research and planning so they think I actually know what I'm doing. :rotfl: Even when we go to DL, a park they know like the back of their hands, I can't seem to shake my offspring. :lmao:

I'm really hoping for some slow, quiet time with my husband of nearly 40 years. One of my favorite memories of our trip in 2005 was when DH and I took the boat that goes over to Morocco. It was just the 2 of us and so peaceful. We rarely have the time to just sit quietly and hold hands anymore. I hope we get the chance to make another memory like that on this trip.

Ridemax - I'm not familiar with that. I'm thinking about getting TGM as well just because I'm worried about the crowds.

That is a wide age range but I bet you'll be ok! :goodvibes We usually do a park in the am and a park in the pm for four days (one park in an am and one in a pm - usually different parks in the same day) then take any "extra" days we might have and "redo" anything we really love. We've always only been for like "long weekends" and spent four or five days. As much as I love Disney, I love being at home too and am not one for long, extended vacations. I think this will be our longest yet (8 days this time) so it should be interesting!

My kids are clingers too and won't even go with their dad so I can venture off and take pictures or anything. Although, last night I was told that my little one's gonna hold "daddy and Miss Marcia's hands but not yours!". :rotfl: So maybe I'm on the right track by bringing other people and distracting them!

Sounds very romantic! I hope you get that time with your hubby!!

Hey you may be on to something with bringing the whole family drama for a distraction... :scratchin

:rotfl: It'll hit me eventually and I generally cry half the time at Disney anyways (happy tears of course!) so it's probably better that I have my "breakdown" there! :rotfl2:

discott71
*Where are you staying? AKV - Kidani 1 bedroom
*When are you going? Date change :yay: Novmeber 26 - Dec 5th
*Who's in your group? DH, Me, DS (11), DD(8), DD(5.5)
*What is everyone hoping for as far as ADRS? Donalds TH breakfast, LeCelier, Chefs DeFrance, Tutto Italia, Crystal Palace, and 1900 Park Fare
*What are you looking most forward to? Christmas Decorations and MVMCP
*Are you using any other site to help you plan? TGM
*What are you doing to get in the Disney spirit now? Looking at TGM and DIS trip reports from that same time frame in 2009

I cry too when I see the castle and every time I watch Wishes. :goodvibes

I've already started visiting Home Depot to get the Mickey paint chips to make ours! :thumbsup2

I see someone else answered you on the ADRs - sorry I should have spelled it out :goodvibes

The planning DVD is good. Disney also has free maps that you can order through their website that are awesome keepsakes.

How is Windsor Hills??

Happy Birthday to you!! My birthday is 12/13 so we won't be there on my actual birthday this year. We were in 2008 and it was awesome! :goodvibes

I'm a lurker too but ask lots of questions when I've got time. I'm thinking about signing up for TGM for this trip.

Thank you!! :goodvibes

You're staying at the place my DH is dreaming of staying!

Welcome to the group everyone!! I know we'll have a great time planning together and we'll all have awesome trips!!

Happy Bday to you too!

We loved WH in 2008, it is sooo close to the parks. Our townhouse was perfect and it was so easy to work with the owners. This time I wanted to stay at Bonnet Creek but my hubby really wanted to go back to WH. So I gave in:)

TGM is great. In 2008 we went in July and it was a breeze touring with his plans.

WE BOOKED!!!!!!! I called and there was a PINCODE!!!!! They didnt even email it to us! Glad i called!!!!

WAAHHOOO!!! Congrats to you!! :cool1::cool1::banana:

Happy Bday to you too!

We loved WH in 2008, it is sooo close to the parks. Our townhouse was perfect and it was so easy to work with the owners. This time I wanted to stay at Bonnet Creek but my hubby really wanted to go back to WH. So I gave in:)

TGM is great. In 2008 we went in July and it was a breeze touring with his plans.

Thanks! :goodvibes

I looked into BC this year too and liked it but thought the price was a little bit high. I always stress so much over picking the "right" place and we always make it work while we're there so I don't know why I stress so much over it!

Yeah I used them for our Sept 08 trip (I think that's the one! :goodvibes). It was a lot to try and learn (I'm not a techie) and I'm sure I didn't get it all but I would use it again for the "best days".

I forgot to mention that we got our maps in the map yesterday. This time we ordered the Dumbo ones and they're ADORABLE! :love: The boys love them!! It didn't long at all which is super great. I just ordered them at the beginning of the month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter