Who sells on Craigslist regularly? I need your help!

4forMe

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going through household/kids items and want to sell them on Craigslist. I have three items I know will sell immediately. My problem is getting pics to post correctly - how do you do this so they don't post too large? Do you put the pics on photobucket and post the link from that? I have problems with the sizing of the pics even doing it this way. I've been trying to explain to DH that we can't post the items without pics. I am one who skips listings that don't have pictures (except for concert tickets).

Also, what types of items do you find easy to sell? For example, do infant/kids' clothes sell easily? Have you sold kids' books? How do you determine how much to charge?

Thanks for any responses. I am hoping this will help bring some cash into our household.

wish I could help with pricing but I get stuck on that too.

pictures - once you put them in Photobucket, it is already sized down and has the image code that you just need to copy and paste into your ad. very easy.

I know in the past I've had difficulties when I've tried to post more then one picture for an item. Usually I'm more successful if I post just one pic per listing. Hope this helps.

When I post to craig's list, I just use the uploader they have. It automatically adjusts the picture to a certain size. I've never been able to get a picture from photobucket to upload correctly. Now on Ebay, using photobucket it easier.

Books, if it's kids books, probably about 50 cents to a quarter a book. If it's a novel, then about a 1$ per book.

Kids clothing, if they're name brand and in top notch condition. You can sort them by season/color, grouping 5 or so outfits together. You could also try consignment shops like Once upon a Child. If it's just off the rack cotton outfits, sort by size/season and put them into a box. If you go to a liquor store, it's a great place to find decent size boxes for free. Not too big and not too small.

What photo software do you have on your computer? You should be able to edit the photos and compress them. For example, Microsoft Picture Manager has a info box that pops up on the right side that allows you to compress for emails, websites, etc.

Another tip is to create a CraigsList folder for descriptions and photos. I've typed up lengthy descriptions to have them disappear when things weren't loading to CL's site. Now I type up anything long and put it in a Word doc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter