Who is visiting Mickey in March???

We are going in March and the crowd calendar is saying Sunday March 17 is only going to be a 6.3 out of 10 for Disneyland - that is St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone know why it would rate it so much lower than the other days which are 8+? Is St. Patrick's Day traditionally a quieter day for Disneyland?

I am sort of ignoring the crowd calendar and planning on going on Saturday, March 16, in hopes that the AP blocks will keep locals away. Yet the crowd calendar is rating Saturday as a 9.3 day, which is kind of scary. I am not sure what to do.

Anyone else going in March have any thoughts on this? Does the AP blocks help keep crowds down, especially earlier to middle of March?

We are going in March and the crowd calendar is saying Sunday March 17 is only going to be a 6.3 out of 10 for Disneyland - that is St. Patrick's Day. Does anyone know why it would rate it so much lower than the other days which are 8+? Is St. Patrick's Day traditionally a quieter day for Disneyland?

I am sort of ignoring the crowd calendar and planning on going on Saturday, March 16, in hopes that the AP blocks will keep locals away. Yet the crowd calendar is rating Saturday as a 9.3 day, which is kind of scary. I am not sure what to do.

Anyone else going in March have any thoughts on this? Does the AP blocks help keep crowds down, especially earlier to middle of March?

I have no idea, but I hope it's right! We arrive on the afternoon of the 17th & just planned on one or two rides. A light day would be wonderful! (Of course, I hope the trend continues throughout that week too. ;))

not sure why the 17th is lighter....I never trust the crowd calendars...if AP's are blocked it will help keep the crowds lower...but remember this is spring break time so that will make an impact!

we go in with a good plan of what we really want to do first then go with the flow after that!

I had to re-do all my tickers...for some reason they all froze two days ago!

here's our Itinerary for next weekend!

3/2~
arrive SNA 11 am
shuttle to hotel - get checked in
head to park hopefully by 1230
buy Premier AP at booths
go to DCA - pick up PP+ card
try for FP at RSP or stand-by
ride couple more rides
wait for text that friends have arrived - meet up with them in park
Goofy's Kitchen at 6pm
shop for a bit at World of Disney
back to DCA for WofC and anything else we can squeeze in

3/3 ~
DLR day - we will have APEE so can get in at 7 if we get up early enough
no real plans just ride/see what we can
hope to catch Fantasmic and Fireworks

3/4 ~
DCA and Dance day!
Megan's group will be performing at 3:30 at the Hollywood Backlot Stage across from the Monster's Inc Ride...please come by to see a great group of kids sing and dance their hearts out!
hope to hit as many rides as we can and see parade

3/5 ~
check out of hotel and stash bags
hit which ever park we want too for a couple hours
lunch at Earl of Sandwich
shuttle picks up at 1230

hope to run into to all going then!

I have no idea, but I hope it's right! We arrive on the afternoon of the 17th & just planned on one or two rides. A light day would be wonderful! (Of course, I hope the trend continues throughout that week too. ;))

March 17 is our first day there as well. That would be great if the crowds are low as I was expecting that day to be our busiest!

not sure why the 17th is lighter....I never trust the crowd calendars...if AP's are blocked it will help keep the crowds lower...but remember this is spring break time so that will make an impact!

we go in with a good plan of what we really want to do first then go with the flow after that!

3/2~
arrive SNA 11 am
buy Premier AP at booths
ride couple more rides
Goofy's Kitchen at 6pm

3/3 ~

3/4 ~
DCA and Dance day!
Megan's group will be performing at 3:30 at the Hollywood Backlot Stage across from the Monster's Inc Ride...please come by to see a great group of kids sing and dance their hearts out!

3/5 ~
shuttle picks up at 1230

We plan on doing DCA on the 4th, so will try to come by if we can!!
I sent you a PM with our picture, if it worked. :)

We will also be there that week. We are coming down on the 1st for the Cheer competition held at DCA on the 2nd, but will be staying through the 7th to enjoy the parks during the week once most of the cheerleaders have gone. :-)

We plan on doing DCA on the 4th, so will try to come by if we can!!
I sent you a PM with our picture, if it worked. :)

that would be great! did get your PM, you have a beautiful family! and thank you for your sweet words about my husband :goodvibes

We will also be there that week. We are coming down on the 1st for the Cheer competition held at DCA on the 2nd, but will be staying through the 7th to enjoy the parks during the week once most of the cheerleaders have gone. :-)

:welcome: good luck to your DD with the competition!

WE are staying at the Desert inn for one night. We only have one day in the parks and will be driving up that morning from Oceanside. My dd4 broke her leg 3 wks ago skiing and will hopefully get a smaller cast on next wk before we leave. Right now it is mid thigh. So no swimming for her this trip.
We will be starting the day in CA since they don't have the EE that day and we want to head straight to CL. We will stay through lunch and then head over to DL and finish at CA for WOC.
We are taking grandma and it will be her first visit since she took me when I was 3 - 40 yrs ago.
If anyone is there and knows what time musical chairs happens please let me know. I want to make it back to DL for this to see the characters.

so exciting to see the countdowns getting shorter for everyone -- mine is in the single digits now, too, and I've started checking the weather obsessively. Anyone else?

re: AP blocks, we were there over xmas when pretty much all passes seemed to be blocked out, and it didn't make a difference in the crowds. It was extremely crowded! I am hoping that the 2 out of 10 rating that the touringplans website has projected for the monday we are there sticks, because we are kind of really counting on it. lol

Just made our Fantasmic Dessert seating reservations today for the 22nd.

FYI It isn't 30 days out like the website says, it is one month out.

so exciting to see the countdowns getting shorter for everyone -- mine is in the single digits now, too, and I've started checking the weather obsessively. Anyone else?

I know I saw that 2 for that day. I thought maybe there would be more people staying behind after the cheer thing. I wanted to go on that monday because of hte 2. But since we only have one day and want to do RSR, it seemed to make sense to go on Tues when CA doesn't have EE. I hope so. But I don't understand the 5 rating on Tues and no one else seems to either. I checked on another board w/ a guy who does all the predictions and such and he said stick to Tues that tues/wed are least busy...
And yes I am checking the weather daily. We arrive to CALI on Sat and the clouds that I saw yesterday are gone and it looks like a great day to be at the beach. Unless you are my dd in a cast:upsidedow

Thanks for the well wishes on the cheer comp!

I am new to the boards and a new AP so I am so excited that this will be our first trip this year!

We also just booked our F! Dessert seating. :-) so excited!

WE are staying at the Desert inn for one night. We only have one day in the parks and will be driving up that morning from Oceanside. My dd4 broke her leg 3 wks ago skiing and will hopefully get a smaller cast on next wk before we leave. Right now it is mid thigh. So no swimming for her this trip.
We will be starting the day in CA since they don't have the EE that day and we want to head straight to CL. We will stay through lunch and then head over to DL and finish at CA for WOC.
We are taking grandma and it will be her first visit since she took me when I was 3 - 40 yrs ago.
If anyone is there and knows what time musical chairs happens please let me know. I want to make it back to DL for this to see the characters.

:welcome: sorry to hear about your DD, hope you all can still enjoy the park! I'm not sure about the musical chairs...I've actually never seen it happen on any of our trips :confused3

re: AP blocks, we were there over xmas when pretty much all passes seemed to be blocked out, and it didn't make a difference in the crowds. It was extremely crowded! I am hoping that the 2 out of 10 rating that the touringplans website has projected for the monday we are there sticks, because we are kind of really counting on it. lol

does this let you know how excited we are :banana::banana::banana: one more week! checked weather so far we are looking at mid 70's and 50's at night! perfect weather for me!

I wonder what the rating for our dates are.

maybe someone who has access could post them here for us pixiedust:

Just made our Fantasmic Dessert seating reservations today for the 22nd.

FYI It isn't 30 days out like the website says, it is one month out.

is it??? so we want to go on April 1, so I should be able to book it March 1???even with 31 days in March :confused3 I always thought it was a true 30 days out....
happy you got your ressie!

going to start packing today :cool1::cool1::cool1:

hope everyone is getting all their Donald's (ducks) :rotfl2: in a row!

is it??? so we want to go on April 1, so I should be able to book it March 1???even with 31 days in March :confused3 I always thought it was a true 30 days out....
happy you got your ressie!

I tried when we were 30 days out and they said I had to wait until the 22-Feb for a 22-Mar reservation.

Maybe it's 1 month out for February and 30 Days for months that are 30+ days long

I guess I should post here since I'm -technically- going in March. We'll be there February 27th - March 1st!

Got our PP+ in the mail today, ordered our tickets last night, starting to get clothes set aside/washed. It's getting so close! This trip I feel like I am so unprepaired, ordering our tickets with less than a week to go, haven't even figured out what days are going to be park days and what day we are taking off. Still haven't even figured out what we are doing on our day off, I want to get there early on arrival day so that we can do the beach that day and hit Sea World on our day off, MIL wants to hang out in Vegas longer and get to Disney in the evening and do the beach on our day off. Usually I would love to stay longer in Vegas, any other time than when we are on our way to Disneyland, and when we will have my 4 kids in tow.

6 more days!!

We are also going in March. DH & I will be celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary -- 2 weeks early. We'll be there March 13-16. This is a pretty last minute planning -- just found out a few months ago that DH will be in CA for business & we could take a few days vacation. We talked a lot about what we wanted to do & I told him we didn't have to do DLR. (I'm more the Disney fan.)
But after talking about other things to do in L.A., he finally just said -- "I want to have fun & not drive all over everywhere. Let's just go to DLR!" :goodvibes
We were last at DLR in 2008; we celebrated our 40th at WDW.

I tried when we were 30 days out and they said I had to wait until the 22-Feb for a 22-Mar reservation.

Maybe it's 1 month out for February and 30 Days for months that are 30+ days long

think I will call and find out for sure! thanks!

I guess I should post here since I'm -technically- going in March. We'll be there February 27th - March 1st!

:welcome: should be a lower crowd time!

Got our PP+ in the mail today, ordered our tickets last night, starting to get clothes set aside/washed. It's getting so close! This trip I feel like I am so unprepaired, ordering our tickets with less than a week to go, haven't even figured out what days are going to be park days and what day we are taking off. Still haven't even figured out what we are doing on our day off, I want to get there early on arrival day so that we can do the beach that day and hit Sea World on our day off, MIL wants to hang out in Vegas longer and get to Disney in the evening and do the beach on our day off. Usually I would love to stay longer in Vegas, any other time than when we are on our way to Disneyland, and when we will have my 4 kids in tow.

6 more days!!

yay for getting things done! good luck with figuring out your schedule...if you leave later from Vegas you'll probably run into more traffic too in LA!

We are also going in March. DH & I will be celebrating our 44th wedding anniversary -- 2 weeks early. We'll be there March 13-16. This is a pretty last minute planning -- just found out a few months ago that DH will be in CA for business & we could take a few days vacation. We talked a lot about what we wanted to do & I told him we didn't have to do DLR. (I'm more the Disney fan.)
But after talking about other things to do in L.A., he finally just said -- "I want to have fun & not drive all over everywhere. Let's just go to DLR!" :goodvibes
We were last at DLR in 2008; we celebrated our 40th at WDW.

:welcome: Congratulations on 44 years :dance3: hope you have a wonderful trip!

3/2~
arrive SNA 11 am
buy Premier AP at booths
ride couple more rides
Goofy's Kitchen at 6pm

3/3 ~

3/4 ~
DCA and Dance day!

3/5 ~
shuttle picks up at 1230

Sounds like you'll have a great time. Also, it looks like the weather is going to be nice and warm that week. Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter