who is going to WDW pregnant? tips,advice, excitement!

We'll be in Orlando in April, I'll be 24 weeks PG with #2. DD will be not quite 3, so that right there will slow us down. We're only planning on lots of pool time and 3 park days, 1 Epcot with a break mid day, and 2 MK, 1 early morning and out mid afternoon, and one getting there mid afternoon and staying through close. I'm planning to get a support belt, and am considering Crocs for park days. I'm normally a flip flop girl, but I think I'll need more support this time!

I will be 31 weeks when we go in Feb and I was pregnant when we went thanksgiving weekend. You just have to take it easy, we still had a blast.

I was around five months pregnant with number 2 when we went to WDW for the first time. No problems what so ever. The only difference was that I couldn't go on certain rides like SM and what not, but it really wasn't an issue.

We had to make frequent stops with our toddler, so it does help to relax. Make sure to drink your water, invest in good soles for your shoes, and go back for a rest or two.

Have a good trip!

I went when I was around 20 weeks along. We booked the trip before I found out but I definately wasn't going to let it stop me from going. I did have to take it a lot slower but got to rest while everyone was riding the bigger rides.

My wife and I are taking our first pregos trip to WDW the last weekend in February. This isn’t our first trip there but it will definitely be our first laid back with no rush kind of trip and a very special trip as well, we are taking our 5-1/2 month old (6-1/2 months by then) on her first Disney trip also. Looking forward to this trip and taking things slow and enjoying the little things that we normally wouldn’t get to enjoy in the past when we in rush mood running around the parks lol. My wife will be 20 weeks along at that point.

We went for Halloween when I was about 15-16 weeks pregnant. We had a really good time; we were there 9 days. We did have two issues come up that I wanted to let you all know about:

1. The bed at All-Star Movies was terribly uncomfortable even at only 4 months pregnant. I've slept on it before many times with no problems but never pregnant. If I had it to do again, I would either find a way to stay at Dolphin/Swan (Westin beds are supposed to be amazing) or have my driving party bring some memory foam OR bring an air mattress to inflate (I sleep on one every night).

2. The heat reached 90 degrees for a lot of our trip and we were already adjusted to fall weather. At 16 weeks, I was still super nauseous and ended up getting sick a few times, partly brought on by the heat. Even though I was well hydrated, I did get a little dehydrated one day and had some mild contractions, so I just rented a chair and drank loads of water. I wasn't concerned bc I've been pregnant twice before and knew how to handle it. But the moral is, drink even more water than you already are, esp. if it's hot, and rent a chair if you start to feel uneasy or have problems.

I would totally do it again. It was a blast and I didn't mind sitting out of some of the rides.

Check our our trip at http://owensofyorktown.blogspot.com/2010/12/disney-world-at-halloween.html

I'll be 28 weeks when I go in April and my plan is to sit and rest on a bench when the rest of our group hit up the rides that I can't do. I certainly hope she doesn't expect you to all miss out on the rides b/c she's expecting. Just be sure that you all go again so she can experience it ;)

Ill be in weeks 29-30 when we go in March. I plan on waiting a lot. (shopping a lot):rotfl:
Dont feel bad, im sure DF will appreciate resting on a bench for a while now and then... Have a grrreat time!:wizard:

Hello fellow preggers!!

We are headed to WDW in 9 days and I will be 23-24 weeks pregnant! We are staying at the Poly which I'm excited about because of the close proximity to the parks, but the one thing that I am totally fixating on is the weather and what to wear! :lmao:

I am the type of person who plans my vacation wardrobe 3 months in advance in a very meticulous way, but I can't get a grip on being almost 6 months prego and not knowing if it's hot or cold out! Right now the weather is saying about 67 during the day and 40 at night (I hope it warms up!). Has anyone been in Feb. while pregnant? What did you wear to the parks?? How do you layer a bump and still look kind of cute??

(am I nesting while packing ??? :rotfl:)

Hello fellow preggers!!

We are headed to WDW in 9 days and I will be 23-24 weeks pregnant! We are staying at the Poly which I'm excited about because of the close proximity to the parks, but the one thing that I am totally fixating on is the weather and what to wear! :lmao:

I am the type of person who plans my vacation wardrobe 3 months in advance in a very meticulous way, but I can't get a grip on being almost 6 months prego and not knowing if it's hot or cold out! Right now the weather is saying about 67 during the day and 40 at night (I hope it warms up!). Has anyone been in Feb. while pregnant? What did you wear to the parks?? How do you layer a bump and still look kind of cute??

(am I nesting while packing ??? :rotfl:)

Well...I was only 16 weeks but showing. It was much hotter when we visited. I just wore what I always wear...non-preg dresses with empire waists and room for the bump, some vintage maternity overalls and rompers. Rocked the look. Layered on with cute cardis if I got cool...crochet in the back kind.

Well...I was only 16 weeks but showing. It was much hotter when we visited. I just wore what I always wear...non-preg dresses with empire waists and room for the bump, some vintage maternity overalls and rompers. Rocked the look. Layered on with cute cardis if I got cool...crochet in the back kind.

Hi Bonnaroo!

That sounds like a good plan. I'm headed to the stores today since we have another snow day so hopefully something will spark my interest. I guess my main concern was night time since it appears to be pretty chilly...hopefully I will find something today! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter