• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who is going in AUGUST?? **List in 1st Post** PLUS DISMeet info links in 1st Post!

We will be at HHI from August 24 to 26, the Polynesian from August 26 to 28 and BLT from August 28 to 30. Yay!

We've never gone in February (or other winter months) - how cold does it get?? I'm with you - I'd rather sweat in August than freeze in February at WDW. Now that our kids are getting into higher grades I see us going in August for quite a while.

The weather in Feb. can vary ALOT. When we were there it was low 50s. Every day we would listen to the forecast and hear "record lows in Orlando". I was hoping for 70s. At least in August you know what to expect.

Has anyone ever golfed at WDW in August? We are going with another family and they insist they are going to golf. DH and DS say they want to go too. Are they nuts? It would help with my obsessive planning if I did not have to factor in two mornings on the golf course.

We'll be there Aug 28 to Sept 6. staying at AKV and then moving over to OKW. Can't wait!:cool1: :cool1:

count us in for Aug 5th to Aug 13-- Staying at AKV Kinadi Village --- we always stay at OKW so we are very excited to try a new resort!!

We will be there from August 15th - August 22nd staying in a 2BR at BCV!!

Can't wait!!! 161 more days!!

We'll be at our OKW home Aug. 2-7 and we are so excited! There will be 17 of us in all in 2 two bedrooms and a 1 bedroom. See you there!

Hi,

We are going to try the BCV for the first time from 8/30 to 9/6! There are 9 of us staying in a 2 BR including 1 baby (YIKES!:eek:)

we will be at akv jambo from 8/24-8/31 Got a killer deal on airfare, $54 each way on airtran. Nonstop. However we fly out of Buffalo instead of Rochester. Last summer we did the same thing, for some reason fares are cheaper out of Buffalo in the summer months?

party: It looks like I will be seeing a lot of you at AKV!

Yes! I noticed that, too :goodvibes ! There are a lot of people posting that are staying at AKV (both Jambo & Kidani). I guess the hot August weather goes well with the African savanna theme. ;)

Does anyone know if DVC is having it's 'summer party' for members? I read once they had a "Summer Block Party" and in 2007 we went to the "Summer on the Savanna" party. Did they have one in 2008??

yes, we are hoping to go in AUgust..weather is muggy,but you spend so much time inside the air conditioned rides, adn hotels it's not too bad. great for crowds after 8/15, as florida kids back in school,and many around country gettting kids ready for school..able to 'walk right on many rides'...
good luck with akl..very disapppointing stay for us..

hope you have fun
Lisa

8/03--8/9 ~ barrysprot36 ~ OKW ~ one bed
8/09--8/11~ barrysprot36 ~ VB OVR
8/11-8/17 ~ barrysprot36 ~ SSR ~ studio
8/17 - 8/20 ~ barrysprot36 ~ BLT ~ studio MK view

August 7-14 at AKV in a 2BR Savanna view with our daughter and her husband and then August 15 and 16 at SSR-I promised my DH I will NOT complain about the heat! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter