Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Awesome! From what I understand the lines for TSMM at DLR aren't nearly as bad as WDW. Is this true?

Depends on the time of year. We normally go the very, very busy week of Christmas and we've seen wait times up to and over 2 hours. So we always try to hit it either first thing in the morning or the very end of the day. The only thing I don't like is we have no fastpass. But that could be a good thing too.

You MUST! If you have a princess lover like mine, she'd love the show. Maddie refuses to skip it, and would probably see the show several times per trip if we'd let her.

She is a princess lover. Once I get her birthday pictures back I'll have to post a couple of her. She had to wear a princess dress since she's having a princess party!! next trip if I have my way would be happening sooner rather than later but right now we're looking at May 2014. A long ways away but at least I can start planning and saving. Hopefully she still loves princesses and the show is still there.

SIZE="3"]Welcome!!!

First of all, I'm a huge fan of the word doppelganger. Second, that's awesome! I'm so relieved to know that someone out there understands me!! :lmao: I have a very serious question though- how do you feel about Empire Records?

Centerstage is one of the finest films of our generation. I am so glad that you understand this. And Friends is my favorite TV show ever. I still watch it all the time.

Love that you're driving your DH crazy with the TR! I read things aloud to my DH so much that I sometimes end up reading him the whole book! (Sh*t My Dad Says, Bossypants, and most of Rick Reilly's old columns in SI)

Thanks again for joining in, and don't be a stranger!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

I told my DH that Centerstage was a classic and he laughed at me.
As soon as I saw your TR I knew you had to be a huge Friends fan. "The one with..." I still watch Friends on a regular basis and laugh hysterically at shows I've seen a hundred times, lol

As for Empire Records:
"Have I fired anyone today? No! Then why would I start now?"
Sugar high - Love that song!!!

Need I say more! I love love love that movie!!

I will be here reading your TR as you update it and I will be starting a PTR probably in Jan. We have some much planning done but it maight be a bit early to start my PTR as we aren't going until July. PS I have list for my list too, lol!

Um, just stopping in to say hi and that I am approximately 60+ pages behind. So I will eventually come back here and make a whole slew of random comments......sheesh, apparently you don't sign on for a whole summer and things just pile up.....

Glad to hear that you had a great experience at 50's PT! Your uncle sounds hilarious! I'm always wary to go there because I almost NEVER finish everything on my plate, and I don't want to have pot roast with whipped cream for dessert! :rotfl:

(However, we went there when I was younger, and my dad did so well eating everything on his plate that he earned a "Clean Plate Award" sticker!)

We eat at 50's a lot with my in-laws. They really enjoy the antics, but sometimes take it a little too far if you ask me :rolleyes1

The food is OK, but a better choice than most of the options at DHS. Why is that place such a food wasteland?

I love the interaction and food at 50's. I really want to go back there. We haven't had a meal there in years, but DW refuses to go there since she had to stand in a corner once or something... no appreciation for the theme of it. :lmao:

I could really go for some of that fried chicken. I wouldn't share mine either.

:rotfl2: I wanted to go to RnRC, but it wasn't a real offer. It was one of those "do what you want, I'll be here doing the right thing by our child" offers. The kind that wives usually specialize in. :lmao:
I guess I'm just of the mindset that if you don't mean it, you'd best not say it, because I will act on it! :rotfl2::rotfl:

We were dining at 50s Prime Time Café that day. If you’re unfamiliar with the restaurant, it’s a place that looks exactly like your grandma’s house and where you’re treated like family. Literally. Your family (servers) will delight in picking on your bad manners, insist that you eat your vegetables, and check to make sure you’ve washed your hands before the meal. Sounds like fun right? We thought so!

:woohoo: Love this place! For my money, the best place to eat in DHS.

Uncle Tony approached and immediately said “So nice to finally see you again. Think you’re too good to visit your Uncle Tony once in a while?” I had told DH about the restaurant’s schtick, and he was eager to play along. He assured Uncle Tony that we were very sorry no to have visited more often, and we’d do better.

Oh good, you got a fun server. :thumbsup2

He returned quickly with our appetizers, but refused to put them on the table until we assured him that we’d washed our hands. We said we did, and he immediately asked “what color is the soap?” Bryan guessed pink, and I said blue. Tony chastised Bryan and said to me “I think you’re lying, but your right. I’m keeping my eye on you.”

:rotfl2: Darn, I thought pink was a good guess.

(Bryan is not only a connoisseur of pizza and biscuits and gravy, but of vanilla ice cream and milkshakes as well)

If you're going to be an expert in something, that's the way to go.

Our entrees arrived shortly. Bryan chose Aunt Liz’s Golden Fried Chicken. He thought that it was good, but not the best fried chicken he’s ever had. He’s glad that he got it, but says that next time he’ll try something else.

Oh well. I love their fried chicken. But then again, I'm a sucker for fried chicken.

While we enjoyed our meals, most of the tables around us emptied. As Uncle Tony cleared them he loudly grumbled “Oh sure, you guys go off and have fun. I’ll clean up after you!”

:rotfl: I'm so glad you guys got the full 50's PT experience!

50's PTC is quickly becoming a favorite of ours! When you get the "right" family member waiting on you it makes all of the difference!! :goodvibes

I was noticing the fact that your hubster had his elbows on the table and I was thinking to myself "oooooh, he's gonna get in deep trouble".:rotfl: We ate at 50's Prime Time several years ago and Lacey didn't care for it but we thought our cousin was a riot. (in Lacey's defense as well as the defense of our "cousin", Lacey wasn't feeling so good...it was that time) It sounds like your Uncle was able to read Maddie well and that's why he chose to call her a Princess. Very smart of him. I mean, what little girl doesn't want to be called a Princess?

Ahhhh yay for 50's! Love that place! Tony sounds like he was a lot of fun.

I must say, I'm not a fan of pot pies but that one looks delicious! :goodvibes

Ieee 50's Prime Time! I'm glad you guys had a good time there,I'm super excited to eat there, thanks to the whole dinner theatre thing I'm sure that we will fully accept the schtick & teasing haha!!

I'm still not sure what to order though!! And I'll be sure to keep ya posted if I can find that photopass spot!! Yay!

I've been reading along but not posting but I had to comment on the 50's prime time cafe. We had a big group (My parents, brother, SIL, nephew, DH, my son and I) and our cousin (though she must have been a distant cousin because I don't remember her name) was giving my table a good time. My brother was really playing it up and he got in trouble for keeping his hat on at the table. So she made him and my DH (who was being really good LOL) get up and sing I'm a little teapot. Too funny! We had a good time but we weren't all that impressed with the food. BUt we liked the antics so we will do it again someday

Whew, finally caught up! I was trying to read a few installments every chance I got! I love how you broke up your report into bite-size segmants, and have links to all of them. Makes it so much easier to read! Again, love your photos of Maddie having so much fun. She really is adorable. It's been such a long time since we've done Disney with kids. Your report brings back great memories.

Our first grandson is now three months old, and we have another grandchild due January 22nd, but don't know what we're having yet. Should know soon. We also have a "bonus" grandson, my son's fiance's 6yo son. We're all going to WDW next October 2013, and I can't wait! Your report has given me an idea of what to expect with kids along. I'm really enjoying reading it
!

Shannon, you have me so excited for our meal at 50's a week from Sunday. We've not eaten there in over 12 years, and this is one of the ADR's I am most excited about. I'm hoping DH gets into lots of trouble. :lmao::lmao:

Yay, 50's PTC!

Hilarious. "I think you're lying, but you're right". That's what makes 50's so much fun.

The chicken pot pie looks really yummy. That is one thing on the menu that I have yet to try.

Okay, random, but how did I not realize that you loved Center Stage?! I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!

Empire Records? My email was based on a line from that. "Shock me shock me shock me with the Sinead'o rebellion....."

"What's with today.....today?"

Okay, I'll stop now.

Sounds like a fun meal at 50's PTC! :thumbsup2 It's been quite a few years since we've eaten there. But, it was a fun experience. Sounds like y'all had a great "uncle" who really understood each of y'all well. I like that he didn't tease Maddie but treated her sweetly. :goodvibes

Love 50's PT! We had great meals there last Jan and while the cousin wasn't too overly in character, it was perfect for our nervous nelly Kadence.

She didn't like it. She told us later she was mad inside because she had keep her elbows off the table and be good. UGH, sounds like I raise a heathen.

She doesn't want to go back ever. She's in for a surprise because that's the one place John insisted on. Oh well, she'll have to deal. We're doing lots for her.

John had the sample platter with all 3 main entrees, chicken, pot roast, and meatloaf and declared it the best meal of the trip. I went with the ham sandwich as I wasn't that hungry...... Holy Huge! It was like 5 inches thick. Good thing I didn't have veggies to eat, I would had to hide them in my sock!

Sam had the PB&J shake and it was good, but I couldn't of had a whole one, very sweet.

Great review!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WIthout a doubt, Fifties Prime time is one of our fave Disney eateries. And it's a really good out of pocket place to teat, Diane and I now split meals there.
Eat, oh brother, my typing fingers want to get me in trouble again.
but really, the fried chicken there is the BEST, and it's two pieces per person if you split it, top it off with a PBJ shake and maybe an order of oniion rings which are also the best there, and you will STILL probably leave food behind.
However, I do have one complaint.
they have done something with the mashed potatoes, or maybe the gravy, but they reall y tast funny to me, Smidgy agreed also, not sure what it is, but it's not good, and I can make a complete dinner out of mashed potatoes and gravy.
Lastly,,,,(yay) my, aren't you efficient, not only taking pics of food but even the menu, you put my reports to shame, nice going, keep it up.

Oh, last thing, and I promise.
IF you really want to get the last laugh on your "Mom" when you first sit down?
You know all those little , small, green lizards that are running around all over Florida and Disney? Well, the Prime Time's "Moms" don't really care for them, just sayin'.
And yes they will DEFINATELY make you go and wash your hands.

Not that I know from experience.:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter