Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

Awww, I'm sorry that Pocahontas was such a bore. But, at least Maddie got her autograph & now y'all can cross her off the bucket list of characters to meet. :thumbsup2

FOTLK is a good show! We saw it for the 1st time last year & enjoyed it. Ed & Reid aren't big on shows & parades, so it's rare when I get to see them. :rolleyes:

Maddie's "Sophie's Choice" had me :lmao::lmao::lmao:!

Looks like y'all had a good day in AK! :goodvibes

EW. What a lame character. She needs to he happier about her job... dumb girl's probably never even seen Pocahontas.

FIRST TIME SEEING FOTLK??? OMG. I'm obsessed with that show! It's one of three things that I MUST do at AK. I'm so glad you finally saw it!

AWW! Good job, PP guy! Awesome!

I am trying so hard to catch up after coming back from our trip but I had a lot to comment on!

First of all, congratulations on your new home! It must be a relief to be moved and all together.

1900 Park Fare is fun, we ate there last year. We ate there late so it wasnt very crowded and I had made autograph books that the characters made a big deal about. We asked Lady Tremaine where Lucifer was and she said Prince Charming didn't let her bring him because he's allergic and the step-sisters were lots of fun too.

Tusker House is amazing! We ate there for the first time this trip and loved it. So much variety and delicious too:thumbsup2

I have never rode Kali river rapids. I don't like getting wet on rides either, wet shoes are the worst!

Yak and Yeti looks really good. I really want to try it sometime but I live with 3 very picky eaters :confused3

I am obsessed with Bravo and Andy! :rotfl: He just had a book signing in DC and my husband drives by there everyday to get to work. I told him Andy was there and to wave to him as he drove by. DH ended up having one of his employees go by and get Andy to autograph a book for me! I was so excited. I was going to bring the book to read at Disney but then I was scared it would be stolen because it's signed. I brought my IPad though, not as worried about that! :lmao: I think I may have a problem.:rolleyes1

Ok, I'm back to finishing catching up! BTW we loved CBR too!

I wonder why Disney holds on to a boring character cm. I've heard some things about training, and boring usually doesn't cut it. At least Maddie was happy.

FOTLK will always hold a special place with us. We were selected to open the show on our first trip to Disney in 2009. We got a Year of a Million Dream certificate, and VIP seating. Plus, the show was great. I think we've seen it every trip, so maybe skip this time, and hit up Nemo.

I LOVE Maddie's Goffy & Minne meets! She was awesome with her posing and so happy! Kadence loves her twirls and funny Goofy face! I think the photos showing the joy are the best ones!

Ok I'm all caught up now!

Love the pics with Goofy and Minnie!

I'm sorry Pocahontas was a downer. I would be so excited to get to have that job! Maybe she was just having a bad day, I'm glad it didn't bother Maddie. We didn't meet that many characters this year but we met a ton last year. When we would tell them we were from Virginia some of them would ask us if we knew Pocahontas. My son just looked at them like Who?

Loving your TR!!! I've been jumping around the boards looking for tips and the best restaurants! Planning our ADR's a year in advance lol! Can't wait to hear more! :cool1:

The wontons are by far one of the only reasons to make it over to Yak and Yeti too eat. Not that there's anything wrong with the food. It's just that I think the wontons are better than everything else on the menu. :lmao:

Ugh, boring princesses? There's no excuse for that.

Maddie is just way to cute in that outfit!

I can't believe they have a CM who acts so bored about her job! There is nothing magical about that, I'm glad it didn't get Maddie down and you could at least cross her off the list!

Yak & Yeti looks yummy, its on our "next time" list!

FOTLK sounds good I hope we can fit it in this trip!

Well, as it turns out, this particular Pocahontas is the WORST CHARACTER EVER. She looked and acted bored the whole time she was meeting the guests (it wasn’t just Maddie that bored her, I watched) and barely conversed at all.

Don't you just hate when the characters aren't into your kid? Usually they're really good but once in a while you get a clinker. It's too bad it was one that Maddie was looking so forward to meeting.

Since Miss Boring Pants’

Nice name!

And what did we think of the show? We really liked it!

Love that show.

Goofy was first. Maddie got her all important funny face picture and played and laughed with him for a few minutes before taking a smiley photo as well. She leaped with joy as she returned to us, and the awesome PP guy captured it.

The funny faces are cute!

Next was Minnie, owner of the second longest line at Camp Minnie Mickey. We waited for about 20 minutes before we had the chance to say hello. Minnie was suitably impressed with Maddie’s outfit, and was treated to some dance moves. (Eat your heart our Pocahontas. See what you missed?)

Aw.

Nice update Shannon! Great photos!

Even though Pocahontas was dull, I am glad Maddie got to meet her. I agree with you on FoLK. It is good, but I do not need to see it every time. Crap and Xander prefer that show, but I liked Nemo better. We were going to skip it this last trip but watched it anyway.

Xander only saw Mickey and Connor saw no one in Camp Mickey Minnie thanks to the impossibly long lines. What happened to the days when that was the best place to meet the characters with the very short lines? Those days are gone, I guess. I love the magic shot with Simba. We never remembered to ask for them last trip and none of photographers offered. Hopefully, I remember on our Dl trip.

I really liked the show, but I get impatient during any show. I like to keep moving! Maybe next time we'll make it a point to check out Nemo.

On this trip the lines for rides were always short, but the character lines were nuts! I wondered if it could have been because it was during the school year. Maybe most families were there with little kids, not older ones. Last trip we waited about 30 seconds for Donald and 2 minutes for Chip and Dale. The Mickey line was long then too though.

That magic shot is one of Maddie's faves. It turned out really cute!

AHHHHHH MY UPDATE!!! Lawl...one of these days, you'll be talking about the show and it will be me in it, i guarantee you! bahah

I'm glad you thought of me! I'm also glad you made it to FOTLK! It's a great show! Those photopass of Maddie are so adorbs!

I so hope that we get to see you in the show someday! Of course I thought of you, its your show! We really liked it.

Thanks!

That stinks that Pocahontas was dull. Come to think of it, I don't really think I've heard of much over-the-top character interaction with her. At least you got in to see FOTLK!!! :thumbsup2

She was a real bummer. I haven't heard too much about her either-should have taken that as a sign :rotfl:

FOtLK was great!

Sophie's Choice! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Poor thing! ;)

:rotfl: We're mean parents.

Boo to Pocohantas (not one of my favorite movies and now I may never watch it again!).

Do love all the other photos of Maddie and the characters. :goodvibes
She is just too cute.

Love FOTLK, but now have to alternate with Nemo; but without kids now, we spend longer days at AK.

Pocahontas was the single worst character we've seen. I don't think I've ever watched the movie all the way through!:rotfl:

Thanks so much!

We've yet to see Nemo. I think we'll make it a point to get to that one next time.

It's a shame that Pocahontas was a bit of a let down, but at least Maddie got to meet her and you all got to see the Lion King show.

It looks like aside from photobombing your PP, your MiL was well behaved during this update as well, so I guess that's another good thing! :rotfl2:

I'm glad that Maddie crossed her off the bucket list, and maybe we won't have to worry about tracking her down again! FOtLK was really good, I'm glad that we took the time to do it.

You're right-MiL was pretty well behaved for that stretch of the afternoon. :rotfl:

I'm glad you guys got to meet Pocahontas, even if she was pretty dull. At least you're not going to have to chase her around the park again.

I'm glad you guys made it into FOLK! I really enjoy the show (although I think I like Nemo a teeny bit better), and even Everett will sit for (most) of it.

Those character lines at camp minnie mickey can be brutal, especially after a FOLK show. I think Maddie made great choices, Goofy and Minnie are awesome, and the pictures are adorable. I love her outfit too, perfect for meeting Minnie! :goodvibes

Exactly! Now that we've seen Ms. Boring Pants maybe we won't have to meet her again!

The show was great! I think we'll try to get to Nemo next trip.

Those lines were terrible! Minnie and Mickey have been the longest every time we've been there, but on this day they were all terrible. I had hoped that since the trip was during the school year the lines wouldn't be so bad. I guess kids that want to meet the characters aren't in school though. :upsidedow Thanks! That's one of her favorite shirts!

To bad Pocahontas was dull, at least it didn't get maddie down.

She never said anything, so I don't think it bothered her. :thumbsup2

Sorry that Pochahontus was so dull. I have to say I don't understand that. I mean, wouldn't the time go faster for the cast member too if they got into it a little more?:confused3

Great that Goofy and Minnie made up for it!

I didn't get it either. Aren't there tons of girls who'd love to be a face character? And you're right, the work day would probably go much more quickly if you had some fun with it.

They were great! You can always count on Goofy!

Hi there! I just found your trip report and I'm loving it! Your daughter is so sweet, it must be magical to see WDW through her eyes! I don't have any children (yet) but I'm looking forward to the day when I can take my little prince or princess (hopefully one of each!) to WDW and experience it in a whole new way. I definitely teared up while looking at the pictures of Maddie with the princesses princess: I'm sorry about the problems you're having with your MiL, and kudos to you for being able to keep your cool. At least it was only for 3 days, right? :goodvibes I can't wait to read more!

:wave2: Wecome! Thanks for joining in! It is a lot of fun to take a little girl to WDW, every day is the best day ever!

Thanks so much! Princess meetings are always a big deal for us, but that's really sweet of you to say. :goodvibes

My thoughts exactly. It's only 3 days became my mantra.

Awww, I'm sorry that Pocah
ontas was such a bore. But, at least Maddie got her autograph & now y'all can cross her off the bucket list of characters to meet. :thumbsup2

FOTLK is a good show! We saw it for the 1st time last year & enjoyed it. Ed & Reid aren't big on shows & parades, so it's rare when I get to see them. :rolleyes:

Maddie's "Sophie's Choice" had me :lmao::lmao::lmao:!

Looks like y'all had a good day in AK! :goodvibes

Pocahontas was a let down, but you're right-we got it checked off the list. Next time it's Jiminy.

We really liked it! Next time I'd like to try Nemo-we are usually only good for one show on any given day. :rotfl:

It was a nice morning! The two great meals helped!

EW. What a lame character. She needs to he happier about her job... dumb girl's probably never even seen Pocahontas.

FIRST TIME SEEING FOTLK??? OMG. I'm obsessed with that show! It's one of three things that I MUST do at AK. I'm so glad you finally saw it!

AWW! Good job, PP guy! Awesome!

She was such a bummer. :rotfl: You're probably right!

Yeah, it was our first time. We really liked it! Don't tell anyone, but we've never seen Nemo either. Next time.

Weren't those cute? Good PP guys make a big difference for the moms. :goodvibes

I am trying so hard to catch up after coming back from our trip but I had a lot to comment on!

First of all, congratulations on your new home! It must be a relief to be moved and all together.

1900 Park Fare is fun, we ate there last year. We ate there late so it wasnt very crowded and I had made autograph books that the characters made a big deal about. We asked Lady Tremaine where Lucifer was and she said Prince Charming didn't let her bring him because he's allergic and the step-sisters were lots of fun too.

Tusker House is amazing! We ate there for the first time this trip and loved it. So much variety and delicious too:thumbsup2

I have never rode Kali river rapids. I don't like getting wet on rides either, wet shoes are the worst!

Yak and Yeti looks really good. I really want to try it sometime but I live with 3 very picky eaters :confused3

I am obsessed with Bravo and Andy! :rotfl: He just had a book signing in DC and my husband drives by there everyday to get to work. I told him Andy was there and to wave to him as he drove by. DH ended up having one of his employees go by and get Andy to autograph a book for me! I was so excited. I was going to bring the book to read at Disney but then I was scared it would be stolen because it's signed. I brought my IPad though, not as worried about that! :lmao: I think I may have a problem.:rolleyes1

Ok, I'm back to finishing catching up! BTW we loved CBR too!

Welcome back! How was the trip? Will you be doing a TR?

We are very relieved to be under one roof, thank you. :goodvibes

Park Fare is such fun! Those ladies are some of the best CMs I've seen.

Tusker House was incredible! I'm glad that you liked it too! Wasn't it such a great breakfast?

Wet shoes are the worst! I only like to ride it on a super hot day when I'm wearing flip flops. Can't stand wet socks and tennis shoes!

Y&Y was delish! Maybe you can convince your picky eaters to have burgers so that you can go there? Those wontons are not to be missed! I so wish I could have one right now!

Ohhhhh, so jealous that you got Andy's autograph! I love him!! Wasn't the book funny? I bought it on a whim and was so glad that I did. :rotfl: Love the priorities! You can buy another IPad, but not another Andy autograph, I'm with you! :goodvibes

I wonder why Disney holds on to a boring character cm. I've heard some things about training, and boring usually doesn't cut it. At least Maddie was happy.

FOTLK will always hold a special place with us. We were selected to open the show on our first trip to Disney in 2009. We got a Year of a Million Dream certificate, and VIP seating. Plus, the show was great. I think we've seen it every trip, so maybe skip this time, and hit up Nemo.

I LOVE Maddie's Goffy & Minne meets! She was awesome with her posing and so happy! Kadence loves her twirls and funny Goofy face! I think the photos showing the joy are the best ones!

I wondered that myself. Seems like so many people audition for these roles, and that girl makes the cut? She was anything but magical. I am glad that Maddie didn't seem upset though.

What an awesome experience for you guys! That's fantastic! I'd be at the show each trip too if I was you.

Thank you! She is such a posing diva, the joyful real smiles are my faves too. :goodvibes

I know my girls have meet Pocahontas but i can't remember when.

I wonder is she's always like that?

Ok I'm all caught up now!

Love the pics with Goofy and Minnie!

I'm sorry Pocahontas was a downer. I would be so excited to get to have that job! Maybe she was just having a bad day, I'm glad it didn't bother Maddie. We didn't meet that many characters this year but we met a ton last year. When we would tell them we were from Virginia some of them would ask us if we knew Pocahontas. My son just looked at them like Who?

Thanks!

She was a bummer, but Maddie was ok with it.

That's funny! Maddie only saw the movie for the first time in the last 2 years, I'm sure she has no idea where it takes place.

She makes her Dad crazy because every time she sees a photo of Paris she says "That's where Belle lives!" She doesn't really know anything else about France. :rotfl:

Loving your TR!!! I've been jumping around the boards looking for tips and the best restaurants! Planning our ADR's a year in advance lol! Can't wait to hear more! :cool1:

Thank you so much!

We'll cover lots and lots of restaurants. In fact, 'Ohana is coming up soon!

The wontons are by far one of the only reasons to make it over to Yak and Yeti too eat. Not that there's anything wrong with the food. It's just that I think the wontons are better than everything else on the menu. :lmao:

Ugh, boring princesses? There's no excuse for that.

Those wontons were to die for. The rest of the meal was very good, but I'd have happily eaten wontons for lunch. Maybe next time I will! ;)

She was lame. I hope that she's not always like that.

Maddie is just way to cute in that outfit!

I can't believe they have a CM who acts so bored about her job! There is nothing magical about that, I'm glad it didn't get Maddie down and you could at least cross her off the list!

Yak & Yeti looks yummy, its on our "next time" list!

FOTLK sounds good I hope we can fit it in this trip!

Thank you so much! Maddie didn't seem to mind, so that's really all that matters.

Y&Y was great! I hope that it makes the final cut for you some day, it was definitely worth checking out!

FOtLK was worth seeing for sure. It was a lot of fun.

Don't you just hate when the characters aren't into your kid? Usually they're really good but once in a while you get a clinker. It's too bad it was one that Maddie was looking so forward to meeting.

She was a big downer. She seemed like that with all the kids though, so I wasn't too offended. :rotfl:

Nice name!

Running the risk of being very un-PC, I'd say that her Indian name would be Bores the Children.

The funny faces are cute!

A specialty of hers

Nice update Shannon! Great photos!

Thanks Laura!

Can I just tell you that reading your first PTR/TRP and this one make me SO excited to take my daughter to WDW. She's still pretty young, but will be 2.5 on our next trip, and I can't wait to start the Princess/Fairies phase!

Welcome back! How was the trip? Will you be doing a TR?

We are very relieved to be under one roof, thank you. :goodvibes

Park Fare is such fun! Those ladies are some of the best CMs I've seen.

Tusker House was incredible! I'm glad that you liked it too! Wasn't it such a great breakfast?

Wet shoes are the worst! I only like to ride it on a super hot day when I'm wearing flip flops. Can't stand wet socks and tennis shoes!

Y&Y was delish! Maybe you can convince your picky eaters to have burgers so that you can go there? Those wontons are not to be missed! I so wish I could have one right now!

Ohhhhh, so jealous that you got Andy's autograph! I love him!! Wasn't the book funny? I bought it on a whim and was so glad that I did. :rotfl: Love the priorities! You can buy another IPad, but not another Andy autograph, I'm with you! :goodvibes

Thanks!

She was a bummer, but Maddie was ok with it.

That's funny! Maddie only saw the movie for the first time in the last 2 years, I'm sure she has no idea where it takes place.

She makes her Dad crazy because every time she sees a photo of Paris she says "That's where Belle lives!" She doesn't really know anything else about France. :rotfl:

Tusker House was the best! Even my husband who is not a big breakfast eater enjoyed it. In fact he said it should be an AK tradition. I am going to have to get to Y&Y one day even if I go by myself. I will have those wontons to keep me company!

I had a lot of experience with wet shoes this trip because of tropical storm Beryl and the rain! We made the best of it though.

I'm glad you understand about Andy's autograph! I am in the middle of his book, it's hilarious! I have missed him while he's been off TV.

Thanks we had a great trip. I have started a TR but I'm afraid it's not terribly exciting. When I can figure out how to do links I will try and post it. I'm bad with computers.

I'm not getting my email notifications for some reason and got behind again. I am lovin' all of the pictures of Maddie with the characters especially the ones where's she's twirling and dancing. So cute and the picture capture her pure joy.

I hated to read that Pocohontas was a bore but at least Maddie was able to get her autograph and mark off the last Princess on her list. The last time we saw Pocohantas, John got his picture taken with her and didn't even realize that he had his hand resting on the top of her behind. I was so embarassed but he thought it was a hoot when I told him about it later. :sad2:

Yay for seeing Festival of the Lion King and for liking it. We really enjoy the show and feel like we've missed out on something special when we sometimes have to skip it.

:scared1: Okay, I have only read the first post, but I had to reply immediately! I CANNOT BELIEVE that I did not know that you had started your TR!!!!!!!! I am shocked and disappointed that I have not been paying better attention. :sad2:

I am going back now to read, read, read! :cheer2:

:scared1: Okay, I have only read the first post, but I had to reply immediately! I CANNOT BELIEVE that I did not know that you had started your TR!!!!!!!! I am shocked and disappointed that I have not been paying better attention. :sad2:

I am going back now to read, read, read! :cheer2:

:lmao: It's okay, I think you've been busy! Let me know what you think when you get caught up!

Glad you're here!

I'm not getting my email notifications for some reason and got behind again. I am lovin' all of the pictures of Maddie with the characters especially the ones where's she's twirling and dancing. So cute and the picture capture her pure joy.

Those are my favorites too. She at the age where posed photo smiles look really forced and awkward, so those candid ones are priceless!

I hated to read that Pocohontas was a bore but at least Maddie was able to get her autograph and mark off the last Princess on her list. The last time we saw Pocohantas, John got his picture taken with her and didn't even realize that he had his hand resting on the top of her behind. I was so embarassed but he thought it was a hoot when I told him about it later. :sad2:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:That's the best thing I've heard today!!! I think someone needed to give our Pocahontas a little "goose". Maybe that would have put a little pep in her step!

Yay for seeing Festival of the Lion King and for liking it. We really enjoy the show and feel like we've missed out on something special when we sometimes have to skip it.

We really liked it! We'll see what DH and DD will want to do about seeing it in the future, but I'd like to try to catch Nemo next trip. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter