Who Invited My Mother In Law? A Moderately Deluxe TR All New X 3 & PTR Link 2/3 !!

You guys ate my favorite things at Y&Y, the fried green beans and wonton dessert! I am also partial to the Yak Attacks (the fruity adult beverage), but you can get those outside at the bar. There are days when I consider just going in for appetizers and dessert, and maybe I will on our next trip.

I can't believe your MIL stiffed you on the tip again, sheesh!

I loved the food at yak and yeti we werent keen on the restaurant last time looks like the service has improved x

Our experience was great. The service was amazing, but like anywhere good service depends on the person and the day. The food was great!

Crap made me promise not to schedule meals less than 5 hours apart anymore, since we arrived still full from the previous meal. He also asked that I limit three meal a day sit downs this trip, which I also honored.

Crap's a smart man. I think that next time we'll do DxDP again, but we'll load up on 2 credit dinners/shows. The other credits we'll use for really good breakfasts and early lunches. Most of the time we didn't even order dessert because we were soooo full.

I like the Yak and Yeti, so I am glad the empty floor did not scare you off. Xander and I both love the noddles there. I cannot remember whether or not Xander got an adult appetizer there, but he did sleep through most of the meal. I doubt he would have eaten it anyway. I think we had the wontons for dessert, but I cannot remember.

I really love Lo Mein, so I considered the noodles. The honey chicken sounded too good though. If you had the wontons, I bet that you'd remember. They were amazing! ;)

Your MIL only tipped 10% again. I hope you are going to write the next time she did that, you made her leave her own tip. I am glad she is back on for taking the trip with your SIL. Hopefully, she does not stiff them on the tips too.

Sounds like you guys enjoyed most of the things you ate. I agree with Maddie that mango flavored treats are not good. Then again, I do not like mangos either.

I don't like mango either, but we like to encourage Maddie to try new things. Unfortunately, that means Mommy had to try them too. :lmao: The lemon was awesome!

I just didn't want to fight with MiL about the tips. Off the top of my head, I think that's the last really bad incident though.

Your meal at Y&Y looks great! I've always gone back and forth about whether or not to try there, but it really does look like a meal we'd enjoy! Glad you had a nice lunch there!

We really enjoyed it! Last trip we did RFC for a TS at AK (that was lots of initials). It was good enough but nothing special, so we branched out. I'm really glad we did. If it works into your plans, you should try it. :thumbsup2

Wow! I really fell behind Shannon. Congrats on the move!

Thanks!

iPhones are great for restless kids, aren't they? Mine is filled with all of DD's games.

If I had a dollar for every time I said "wanna play angry birds/fruit ninja" I'd have enough money to... well, buy her an Iphone I guess. :rotfl:

LOL. Very rare. I don't think I've seen any of unsubmerged hippos though, have you?

I haven't, now that you mention it. ;)

:scared1: Is that what that is??

I believe that they refer to it as a "dung hill", but yes it's poop.

Why is Russell wearing Daisy Dukes?

I'm not up on Scout fashions. Maybe that's how the kids are wearing them these days? :confused3

Undertippers make me crazy!

Me too

Great updates Shannon!

Thanks!

I have to agree with you there! The fried wontons are one of my all-time FAVORITE Disney desserts! :love:

Welcome! I lurked on your last TR!

Those wontons were to die for. I'd eat them every day. I'm pretty sure they're in my top 3 desserts now.

Yak and Yeti looks a little better than I thought... I'm not typically a fan of Asian food, but it looks like they have a nice variety of dishes there. I'm glad you all enjoyed your meals.

It was really good! I didn't find the choices too out there. Most of them were something familiar with an Asian twist.

Was your MiL not looking at the receipt to know how much her food was costing or what??? Geeze, I'm sorry you had to do it, but I'm glad you made up for her short changing your server.

:confused3 I wouldn't have dreamed of shorting the server, it wasn't her fault, and the service was really excellent.

I might have to book Yak & Yeti after reading that review!!

It was delicious! If you have the chance, book it!

All caught up and loving it! I really think you deserve an award for bringing your mother in law on the trip and then tipping out of pocket for her! I live literally across the street from my mother in law and see her often, my husband is an only child and we have all the grandchildren she will ever have. She does spoil my girls but at the same time makes comments that leave me shaking my head! Can't wait to read more and Congrats on the bigger house!

Thank you! and Thank you. I really don't understand the stuff I hear about MiL's saying. I can't imagine ever saying things that you know will hurt someone you love. :confused3

Thanks!

That was the 2nd wonderful review of Yak & Yeti I've read in as many days. I'm really thinking it is something we will have to try! If nothing more than the dessert!

Thank you for your wonderful detail! :)

I was GOOD! You should try it, save room for the wontons for sure.

Your welcome! I'll try to keep it up all the reviews.

What I think is that I need to find someone to go to Yak & Yeti with!:lmao:

:rotfl2:

John is too picky for it, as he would eat the plain burger and the appetizers would be a big NO. He won't eat any Asian food. UGH!

DH was a really picky eater when we started dating. He got more adventurous quickly, but Chinese food was something he wasn't willing to try. My favorite place said that they couldn't deliver just one entree anymore, so DH was forced to start eating it. :lmao: Luckily, he likes it now!

I could just imagine the cream cheese fill bites of heaven as you described them!:cloud9: I've had something similar and it was Oh sooo good!

Oh my gosh, they were so amazing. I totally want to try making them.

I noticed sign in front of the restaurant, "conditioned air" :lmao:I may need some sleep or something but that caught me as hilarious!

I think it's really funny too. I love the signs all over AK.

Sorry about the tip, again.

:sad2:

If you want Bryan to come out of hiding, Photoshop a princess dress on him and post it here. Have him "do" a report on how he loved BBB. That outta do it! :rotfl2: Okay, maybe not, but some false info may be the way to go!

A great idea. I may have to...;)

Joining in! :cool1: Already caught up and I am loving it so far! You are a riot! :laughing:

Welcome! thanks for joining in! and Thank you!!!

You win the award for my Favorite Post of the Day!

Yak and Yeti was the first restaurant that my family and I EVER ate at in Disney World, so I always love hearing about it! Cool that you got to sit upstairs!

It was good, and I really liked the dining room upstairs.

Hahahah! Maddie's mango face is too cute.

Isn't it funny?:rotfl:

So glad you had such a nice meal! That place is awesome.

OH, and I'm so glad that my TR could help you out in the Dug and Russell department!!! :goodvibes

It was great, and I'm so grateful that I read about them in your TR! I had to give credit where due! We had a ton of fun meeting them.:goodvibes

Crisis averted. My MIL decided not to come as Free Dinning not available! Shannon you are a saint. I just couldn't do it.

I read the post earlier, and I was so worried for you! I mean, if the kids don't even want her to go? :scared1:

I'll be you've never been so happy to pay full price for the DDP before!!! :rotfl2:

I'm not a saint. If I was, I wouldn't be complaining about her on the internet! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't blame you at all. I don't want to do it again, but I'll have to. :eek:

I am truly enjoying your TR.:thumbsup2 My DH and I are going in September and I am LOVING your in depth restaurant reviews! I love all of the detail you give and that you include the prices of what you ordered.:) So sorry to hear about your MiL's behavior. It stinks when one person puts a damper on things. I'm sure things will improve with her departure.:goodvibes I am now subscribed and can't wait to read more!

Welcome! Thank you so much! I learned so much from reading the Dis before our last trip, I'm glad that my TR is helping others! :goodvibes

P.S. Also had to add how adorable your little girl is.princess: The surprise video was so sweet! I have taken my little boy 3 times in 8 years and just couldn't keep our plans from him. I'm impressed with your willpower.:thumbsup2

Thank you! We loved surprising her, but it's not something we could pull off every time. It was so hard!!

I'm in and caught up! We are going back to WDW in October, and my MIL is hinting about going also! :eek:

Welcome! Glad to have you joining in!

Are you going to be there for Food and Wine? Oh MiLs, keep me posted. :scared1:

I'm back from WDW and all caught up on your TR! Can I just say that I'm still :rotfl2: over "She didn't love the Mango"?? I even had to read it in my head in that voice!

Loved reading about DxDP and Yak and Yeti. I'm really wanting to try DxDP. We may do that in 2013 since we're just there a few days!

Can't wait to read more!!

Welcome back! Will you be doing a TR?

That picture made me laugh too. It's her Mango sorbet version of the "Beverly Face":lmao:

DxDP was a lot of fun to plan and to do. I don't want to give away the end, but we'd love to do it again. Next time we'll do more signatures.:cloud9:

Let me know what you decide to do!

You guys ate my favorite things at Y&Y, the fried green beans and wonton dessert! I am also partial to the Yak Attacks (the fruity adult beverage), but you can get those outside at the bar. There are days when I consider just going in for appetizers and dessert, and maybe I will on our next trip.

Those were amazing. I love fried green beans, but no one else had tried them. I'd go in for just the apps and desserts, they were amazing. Do it! Who's going to question a pregnant gals order? :lmao:

I can't believe your MIL stiffed you on the tip again, sheesh!

Yeah...

We always encourage Xander to try new things as well, so I like our similar parenting styles.

You're right. The tipping thing would have driven me mad, but I would not want to argue on vacation either. I am glad she did not do it again.

I read the post earlier, and I was so worried for you! I mean, if the kids don't even want her to go? :scared1:

I'll be you've never been so happy to pay full price for the DDP before!!! :rotfl2:

I'm not a saint. If I was, I wouldn't be complaining about her on the internet! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortunately we booked weeks ago so got the free dinning. You are right, I was never so happy to have to pay full price.;) Everyone needs to vent. but you were so graceful under pressure. I would not have been able to keep quiet.:worship:

We ate a Y&Y last time and DH fell in love with the mango pie. He neve had anything mango before. Hopefully we can get it at the CS. He's already drooling!

I am so glad that you enjoyed Yak & Yeti. It often gets killed in the reviews, but we loved it. We've not been back since 2007 and wish I could find a spot in September, but it doesn't seem to work.

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! I'm working to get all the pics for the next update loaded, and I hope to have it posted tomorrow night!

Fortunately we booked weeks ago so got the free dinning. You are right, I was never so happy to have to pay full price.;) Everyone needs to vent. but you were so graceful under pressure. I would not have been able to keep quiet.:worship:

I'm glad that you got free dining for your family! That's a huge score! I appreciate the kind words. Mostly, I really hate confrontation and I know it's never easy for DH when his mom and wife are fighting, so I keep my mouth shut. Sometimes it's really, really hard though. :lmao:

We ate a Y&Y last time and DH fell in love with the mango pie. He neve had anything mango before. Hopefully we can get it at the CS. He's already drooling!

You'd better get that man some mango pie! I don't usually try mango stuff either.

Hi! I'm a little late but I'm subbing now. :D

You're not late, I'm only half way through Day 2 :lmao:

Glad to have you!

I am so glad that you enjoyed Yak & Yeti. It often gets killed in the reviews, but we loved it. We've not been back since 2007 and wish I could find a spot in September, but it doesn't seem to work.

We really loved it. I feel a little nervous that someone will try it based on our experience and hate it, but I'm just gonna post our honest feelings. I don't know if we'll do it every trip since we don't spend a ton of time at AK, but we'll certainly be back!

After our delicious lunch it was time to hunt down the elusive “last princess”. Maddie was determined to meet Pocahontas on this trip and according to the CM with Meeko she’d be out right after our lunch.

As we made our way toward Camp Minnie Mickey we discussed our options for the afternoon. The next FOtLK show (1:00 pm ?) was scheduled to begin any minute, but we knew this might be our last chance to meet Pocahontas. We decided that Pocahontas would be our priority, and we’d only see the show if we could get in for that showing.
(am I making you nervous Katt?)

Luckily, Pocahontas was out greeting guests, and the line was minimal. Maddie was going to complete her mission. After about 10 minutes it was her turn. And how was the most eagerly anticipated character meet of the century? Well, as it turns out, this particular Pocahontas is the WORST CHARACTER EVER. She looked and acted bored the whole time she was meeting the guests (it wasn’t just Maddie that bored her, I watched) and barely conversed at all. Now, I’ll admit that I haven’t seen the movie Pocahontas too many times, but I seriously doubt that staying in character means acting like a bored child. She barely smiled! Luckily Maddie didn’t seem to upset (she got the autograph after all) but she hasn’t mentioned any burning desire to meet Pocahontas again.

IMG_2760.jpg

IMG_2773.jpg

Since Miss Boring Pants’ line moved so quickly we were able to slip into the theater for FOtLK just before it began. None of us had ever seen the much-hyped show and we were really looking forward to it. We were seated in the Giraffe section (or the running late section as I like to think of it). Maddie had fun trying to make giraffe noises, and then the show began.

Some more rarely seen on the Dis photos. I bring you Festival of the Lion King!!

IMG_2784.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2878.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

I thought of you the whole time Katt :goodvibes

And what did we think of the show? We really liked it! DH and I are not show or parade people by nature, but DD is. She loved it but said that she liked B&B and VoLM better. Not too hard to figure out why. I’ll bet that if FOtLK found a way to work in a princess, we’d be there for every showing. DH and I really enjoyed it, but will probably not feel the need to see it every trip. It was an amazing show, but we usually only spend a half day in AK, so it’s pretty hard to squeeze a show in while we’re there.

As the show let out, we followed the herd to the Meeting Trails. The lines were outrageous so we told Maddie to choose 2 characters that she’d most like to meet. She chose Goofy and Minnie but not without much discussion about how unfair it was that we weren’t meeting them all. This was like Sophie’s Choice for her!

Goofy was first. Maddie got her all important funny face picture and played and laughed with him for a few minutes before taking a smiley photo as well. She leaped with joy as she returned to us, and the awesome PP guy captured it.

Photo0162FourBySix.jpg

Photo0168FourBySix.jpg

Photo0174FourBySix.jpg

Photo0176FourBySix-1.jpg

Next was Minnie, owner of the second longest line at Camp Minnie Mickey. We waited for about 20 minutes before we had the chance to say hello. Minnie was suitably impressed with Maddie’s outfit, and was treated to some dance moves. (Eat your heart our Pocahontas. See what you missed?) Minnie was impressed by those as well. Autograph books were signed, and hugs were given. It was time to go.

Photo0152FourBySix.jpg

Photo0153FourBySix.jpg

Photo0158FourBySix.jpg

We’d hoped to finally visit Dinoland on this trip, but since our plans now included Epcot, Dinoland was out. I insisted that we stop for PP on our way out (MiL joined of course, so I’ll not be sharing the family pics). We did get our first magic shot of the trip though!

Photo0186FourBySix.jpg

Photo0191FourBySix.jpg

After the photo shoot we lined up at the bus stop and waited for an Epcot bus to whisk us away.

Even though Pocahontas was dull, I am glad Maddie got to meet her. I agree with you on FoLK. It is good, but I do not need to see it every time. Crap and Xander prefer that show, but I liked Nemo better. We were going to skip it this last trip but watched it anyway.

Xander only saw Mickey and Connor saw no one in Camp Mickey Minnie thanks to the impossibly long lines. What happened to the days when that was the best place to meet the characters with the very short lines? Those days are gone, I guess. I love the magic shot with Simba. We never remembered to ask for them last trip and none of photographers offered. Hopefully, I remember on our Dl trip.

AHHHHHH MY UPDATE!!! Lawl...one of these days, you'll be talking about the show and it will be me in it, i guarantee you! bahah

I'm glad you thought of me! I'm also glad you made it to FOTLK! It's a great show! Those photopass of Maddie are so adorbs!

That stinks that Pocahontas was dull. Come to think of it, I don't really think I've heard of much over-the-top character interaction with her. At least you got in to see FOTLK!!! :thumbsup2

Boo to Pocohantas (not one of my favorite movies and now I may never watch it again!).

Do love all the other photos of Maddie and the characters. :goodvibes
She is just too cute.

Love FOTLK, but now have to alternate with Nemo; but without kids now, we spend longer days at AK.

It's a shame that Pocahontas was a bit of a let down, but at least Maddie got to meet her and you all got to see the Lion King show.

It looks like aside from photobombing your PP, your MiL was well behaved during this update as well, so I guess that's another good thing! :rotfl2:

I'm glad you guys got to meet Pocahontas, even if she was pretty dull. At least you're not going to have to chase her around the park again.

I'm glad you guys made it into FOLK! I really enjoy the show (although I think I like Nemo a teeny bit better), and even Everett will sit for (most) of it.

Those character lines at camp minnie mickey can be brutal, especially after a FOLK show. I think Maddie made great choices, Goofy and Minnie are awesome, and the pictures are adorable. I love her outfit too, perfect for meeting Minnie! :goodvibes

Sorry that Pochahontus was so dull. I have to say I don't understand that. I mean, wouldn't the time go faster for the cast member too if they got into it a little more?:confused3

Great that Goofy and Minnie made up for it!

Hi there! I just found your trip report and I'm loving it! Your daughter is so sweet, it must be magical to see WDW through her eyes! I don't have any children (yet) but I'm looking forward to the day when I can take my little prince or princess (hopefully one of each!) to WDW and experience it in a whole new way. I definitely teared up while looking at the pictures of Maddie with the princesses princess: I'm sorry about the problems you're having with your MiL, and kudos to you for being able to keep your cool. At least it was only for 3 days, right? :goodvibes I can't wait to read more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter