who here has gotten rid of their land line?

ez

<font color=green>Yoshi Lover<br><font color=deepp
It is to the point where seriously, we get 10 to 15 calls a day that are some sort of solicitation. Our number is unlisted, and that used to mean something but not anymore. I'm tired of the phone ringing every half hour, only to see that is an 800 number. Of course we all have cell phones that we use, so why is my husband so resistant to getting rid of our land line? Anyone here taken the plunge? Its fair to say that 90% of the calls to our landline are total BS.

I got rid of our landline 3 years ago. No point in having a phone in the home when everyone has cell phones. :confused3

I can't give it up.
I feel like if theres and emergency, I must have a landline.

I guess after 25 years, i'm attached.

I got rid of my land line 3 or 4 years ago. No regrets at ALL. It had gotten to the point where I realized that ALL calls to my home phone were crap calls. :p Why was I paying $35+ a month to be annoyed and/or harrassed?!? :furious: Anyone I'd want to talk with has my and DS's cell phone numbers - they can and do reach us on those. :thumbsup2

DH never had a landline in his condo, and since I rarely talk on the phone, I just got a cell phone with him.

But it hasn't done a darn thing for the solicitation calls. Both cell numbers are on the Do Not Call list and we still get them (and not from companies with whom we've done business).

I didn't have one for several years.

Got one just recently because my parents were always coming over to babysit and didn't have a cell phone, and I wanted to make sure they had a way to call us if they had an emergency.

They just got a cell phone (last ones on the planet, I know!), so now I am considering dropping it again!

Don't have cell phones that we could use for normal phone calls since we pay per minute. Not only that, but I don't want to join the folks that no one can hear or understand because I am on a cell phones. I hate the fact that everyone else uses cell phones and everyone that calls me, I am constantly asking, "What was that?" "What did you say?" "You're breaking up..." etc.

Our Android cell phones cost $5/month for texting. I am hoping never to have another car payment after this one is done in December, I definitely am not going to transfer to pay a car payment amount just for stupid phones.

Ditched mine a few years ago. Don't miss it at all. Just got a Samsung Galaxy 3. Nice phone!

I'd love to but I can't bring myself to do it. My problem is I can't seem to get in the habit of keeping my cell phone charged and even when it is, I don't always have it with me. I wouldn't worry about it except for the fact that the kids may need to reach me.

I absolutely despise the phone because 90% of the time it's a damn telemarketer. I've never been one to use the phone as entertainment and recreation like so many people seem to do, though. I talk on it only when absolutely necessary and I prefer to keep to the point and finish the call ASAP.

For those who have gotten rid of their land lines, does anyone have directv? If so, how did you get around the fact that you need a phone line plugged into the receiver for certain services?

I think it's probably been about a year now that I got rid of our landline, but I was kind of attached to our phone number, it's been in my family since 1966, but it is now our DSL line. I was tired of paying $35 a month to get a couple of calls a week and most were just sales calls. DH wouldn't answer it when he was home anyway, so it's gone now.

I have to laugh, phone numbers have never been unlisted, I used to work cold calling. I can't give up a land line. We have a business, and sometimes the cell phone drops calls in the house, so I don't want that to happen to the customers.

For those who have gotten rid of their land lines, does anyone have directv? If so, how did you get around the fact that you need a phone line plugged into the receiver for certain services?

We don't have a land line and have direct. What services require a phone line? :confused3

DH hasn't had a landline since 1996. I did but only when I was in college.

We keep the cheapest Vonage plan - it costs about $17 a month with all the taxes and everything. Nobody except telemarketers ever calls our home phone number. I just checked online, last billing period we used 17 minutes.

It is basically wasted money. I'm paying $17 a month to have a phone so I can call my cell phone and make it ring so I can find it in the couch cushions.

We keep the cheapest Vonage plan - it costs about $17 a month with all the taxes and everything. Nobody except telemarketers ever calls our home phone number. I just checked online, last billing period we used 17 minutes.

It is basically wasted money. I'm paying $17 a month to have a phone so I can call my cell phone and make it ring so I can find it in the couch cushions.

:rotfl2::rotfl::hyper:

We don't have a land line and have direct. What services require a phone line? :confused3
Same here:confused3

While we don't have a land line and use our cell phones for everything, I still get solicitations. In fact, both President Obama and Mitt Romney seem to call me weekly asking me for money. ;)

We finally got rid of ours 2 years ago. Haven't missed it at all.
We have Direct TV too.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter