Who else loves the Dolphin/Swan resorts ?

If staying at the S/D, what transportation options are available if you wanted to go to the Chef Mickey's or the Grand Floridian? Would it be best to hire a taxi to these...are the bus/boats waits long here???? Thanks. I'm a spg and just realized that these two hotel are owned by starwood. If the S/D are anything like the Moana Surfrider and the Royal Hawaiian...I'm staying there!! :lovestruc

NotUrsula said:
S/D don't have mini-fridges; they have minibars, which is why you will be charged if you want them cleaned out.

I truly wish they would get rid of them. In all my years of business travel, I've never known ANYONE who actually ate or drank anything out of a minibar -- most companies won't reimburse for the charges. People WANT fridges, but I don't know anyone who wants a minibar.

Could you believe on one of our visits to the Swan in a studio room yet, I was moving some of the "goodies" to make room to put some of our stuff and someone had actually EATEN most of the items and put the wrappers back like they were still new but nothing was in them!! I couldn't believe that! I left the minibar person a note so they if they checked they wouldn't think it was us!! :teeth:

I've gotten to the point where I just bring my little car frig and use that. Even when dd was taking meds that required refrigeration (which there is supposed to be no charge for an emptied frig), the CM told me at check in to just move some of things out of the minibar and put them next to it and put her meds in. Of course, I was charged for doing that but called down.

I agree they really need to rethink the minibar thing and offer an empty frig. Now that the WDW resorts do this they really need to consider this as well.

We stayed at the Dolphin 1st week in August and loved it :thumbsup2 I'd read on these forums about requesting the mini bar to be emptied (at a charge) and asked for this on check-in. The lovely girl on the check in desk comped us a fridge without question - great for storing milk, food & snacks.

We asked for a room with a nice view and had a partial view of Epcot, so saw (most of) illuminations every night.

Fantastic hotel - walking distance from Boardwalk, Epcot and MGM - wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. :sunny:

We too love the swan/dolphin b ut I am upset they will now not allow 5 at the swan. I dont know what we will do. Our one ds might not want to come with us on our next trip, but we really prefer the swan over the dolphin. A great value for the epcot resort area and starwood points too.

Just saw on the Starwood site that the S/D charges for incoming packages? I don't remember that happening in the past.... any idea how much it is?

I am officially a FAN of the Dolphin!! We stayed in Sept and had a wonderful time!! Great location Great view!! We were treated terrific!! :thumbsup2

We just stayed at the Dolphin last weekend and yes the rates are great for a deluxe resort, but the rooms are damp and musty. We stayed there a few years ago and didn't have a problem with it. Back in June my sister stayed at the Dolphin and she moved her room three times. The bellman said its a problem. Regardless of the rate I don't think we'll stay there again.

luvmarypoppins said:
We too love the swan/dolphin b ut I am upset they will now not allow 5 at the swan. I dont know what we will do. Our one ds might not want to come with us on our next trip, but we really prefer the swan over the dolphin. A great value for the epcot resort area and starwood points too.

If you stay in a suite it will sleep 5. We stayed in the grand suite this past August and had 3 rooms and in the larger living room area they had a bed in there for a fifth person.

WE just loved out room!! Sorry you guys had a problem. I can see the dampness being a problem but I also know the hotel will fix any problems you have!!

thmar said:
If staying at the S/D, what transportation options are available if you wanted to go to the Chef Mickey's or the Grand Floridian? Would it be best to hire a taxi to these...are the bus/boats waits long here???? Thanks. I'm a spg and just realized that these two hotel are owned by starwood. If the S/D are anything like the Moana Surfrider and the Royal Hawaiian...I'm staying there!! :lovestruc

Still hoping to get the answers to these questions...Thanks.

thmar said:
Still hoping to get the answers to these questions...Thanks.

Contemp and GF are both on the monorail. So you would have to take a bus to MK (which come very frequently) and then get on the monorail to either of those resorts.

Stayed at the Dolphin last December and loved it! I sure miss those heavenly beds :)

pooh2001 said:
I know the Dolphin and Swan are Starwood owned, not Disney.

But we love the prices for a Deluxe resort - we snaged $199.50 AAA rate for a standard room at the Dolphin for Easter 2007.
I do not think you can get an A/P rate lower than that at the Y/BC for peak season Easter week !
(we have AAA, AP tickets and are starwood members)

Swan/Dolphin PRO's....
The grotto pool is wonderful. There is a lap pool for an early moring serious swim. The friendship boats to EPCOT and MGM. The same Parks hours as a WDW resort. An AAA 20% discount on food at Picabu, Dolphin Fountain and Fresh market. Bike rentals at the Boardwalk. Can walk back to the Dolphin after Illuminations at EPCOT. Lots of places to eat in the immediate area.
Nice size rooms. Heavely beds. Great service. :cool1:

Swan/Dolphin CON's....
:confused3 we have none :rotfl:

What do you think ?

I totally and completely agree with everything you said! We stay at the Disney owned resorts too, but it's getting more and more often that we stay at the S/D. I love the beds, the rooms, the pool, food offerings, the location. I can't think of one bad thing to say.

PamNC

bettybeth said:
Contemp and GF are both on the monorail. So you would have to take a bus to MK (which come very frequently) and then get on the monorail to either of those resorts.

Thanks for the info... :thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me if taking an aero bed is acceptable?

And can groceries be delivered such as; bottled water & snacks from Garden Grocer?

Thanks
Anita46

I can't think of one bad thing to say.

I can think of one.

No more Club Level... and no more Thabo or Mama T :(

This will be our first trip back since they closed the lounge... and while I know we'll have a blast, it won't be the same for our family. We've used the CL lounge for every trip to the S/D since 1999.

madge said:
No more Club Level... and no more Thabo or Mama T

I agree! We stayed club level during our stays and when we there in August I really missed Thabo. I asked about him and hoped we would see him at least once during our stay but I didn't. I was told he was walking around the Dolphin greeting people. I was told by concierge at the Swan that they really don't have a position for him and I felt bad. He is so wonderful with people. Our trip wasn't the same without Thabo starting it off for us:sad1:

I read on another thread yesterday that the wonderfully scented oatmeal soap is no longer at the S/D? Can anyone who has returned recently confirm that?

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest