Who does the most WDW trip planning...women or men?

I am the WDW planner in our family. My husband doesn't get involve at all. I am perfectly happy with it that at we I am the bigger Disney enthusiast. Planning is a big part if the fun for me!

this:thumbsup2

i literally do all-the planning-packing-unpacking-packing-unpacking again.:laundy:

my dh happily provides the funds for our trips :yay: is the driver:cool2: and luggage carrier :goodvibes

following a spell in hospital,my dh once brought me a going home bag-which contained no shoes,no underwear and a maternity dress-i was not pregnant! :rotfl2:

To the poster above who mentioned their dh packing a hospital going-home bag, I laughed right out loud when I read that, thank you for a good belly chuckle!

I'm the wife and once our entire family (us 4, my MIL, and my other 2 in-laws) decided to do Disney this next summer, they all turned and looked at me. I called travel agencies immediately, no way was I going to book and do everything by hand. I got prices and details, gave everyone the info, we decided to go with C travel agency, I do all the speaking to the travel agent, I went and purchased 2 WDW books and am now trying to get everyone's opinions on restaurants so we can make reservations in plenty of time. I also plan our budget, we pay for everything in advance and then I focus on money saving for expenses. I handle all our "bookkeeping".

I will plan pretty much everything from afar and then when we get there, my dh will take over. He is very travel-savvy, being a truck driver for a living. He will pack, carry, load, get us through the airport, rental car, I swear the man can just glance at a map even if he has never been there and memorize it. This will be his second trip to Disney, so he will be in total charge of all our transportation and luggage handling, then he will decide once we get to the parks, our daily schedule. He is very methodical about what we are doing and when.

So we divide things up well. I get us there and he takes over from there.

Blessings, Michelle

To the poster above who mentioned their dh packing a hospital going-home bag, I laughed right out loud when I read that, thank you for a good belly chuckle!

michelle,

that would be me! :)

i can laugh about that now too,but at the time i was not impressed :lmao:

i'm happy i gave you a good laugh :rotfl:

I do 100% of the planning, organizing, packing, etc...And I love it :cool1:!

this is me too:thumbsup2

it's totally my domain :cool1::cool1:

we drive to airport then leave the car there whilst on vacation-
dh was wearing his (perscription) sunglassses-which obviously needed to come with us-this was his onlyitem to remember-needless to say-they had their own vacation in a long stay parking lot! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Me ... The woman, wife, sister, daughter, aunt.

I plan everyone's trips, even though I'm not going on them. I love it though, and do not mind at all. :)

Women I will say mostly do the planning. I'm probably in the minority of men that does all the planning. My DW is just like everyone's DH. She tells me to tell her when and where to be, and she'll be there. I try to get her involved, but she usually just leaves it up to me. She tells me being the Aries that I am, she knows I won't miss much and we'll have a fun trip.

Wife and I do it together. We spend a lot of time planning which park which day, dinner and lunch reservations etc.... We enjoy the time together as otherwise we have different hobbies. Latest trip we are planning is first to DLR (previously 5 times WDW 1999 music, 2000 off prop, 2004 off prop, 2008 WL, 2011 BWV) and we are making it a surprise for the kids. Real pain in the you know where trying to do it the QT but we are still having a lot of fun planning

When my dad and I go, we share the planning. He does the major things like booking rooms and flights, ADRs, etc. I help make the decisions, do the park itineraries, help choose what ADRs and what parks, etc.

When I go with my fiancé's family. The only think I don't do it the AAA TA side because she the the AAA member and I am not. I plan everything else. And I mean EVERYTHING.

I do all the planning in our family. I have been working on our Disney trip for a year and I bet my DH would struggle to even tell you the hotel we will be staying at!

I do all the planning in our family. I have been working on our Disney trip for a year and I bet my DH would struggle to even tell you the hotel we will be staying at!

lol :lmao:

i can relate-my dh doesn't even remember which airport we are flying into! :cool1::cool1:

I do all the planning for my family. For every vacation.

I am more patient than my husband so I usually track down the better deals.

And my husband never bothers with having a plan when he travels yet comes home saying he didn't get to everything he wanted to do.

When I do the planning, we get to everything on our list and sometimes extra things.

I plan everything! Every last detail! I would love for my fiancee to help but he always strays away from the planning part and has absolutely no interest. Every time (it doesn't fail) when we get to the destination, he wants to change something :sad2:. Last time, we were staying at the POR and when we were on the monorail later in the day he saw the GF and wanted to go see if we could switch our reservation and stay there :rolleyes:. He becomes a planner at the last minute.

I plan everything! Every last detail! I would love for my fiancee to help but he always strays away from the planning part and has absolutely no interest. Every time (it doesn't fail) when we get to the destination, he wants to change something :sad2:. Last time, we were staying at the POR and when we were on the monorail later in the day he saw the GF and wanted to go see if we could switch our reservation and stay there :rolleyes:. He becomes a planner at the last minute.

the very last minute! ::yes::

I took over the planning once the addiction really began, probably first time on property, of course we pick a lot of the details together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter