Who are you all flying with??

Shan, all airlines flying to the US, have a two bag luggage allowance, it is a requirement of some type.
The problem is if you are buying other flights separately, then you are limited to the usual domestics limits, however if you book it all on the same ticket then the two bags allowance will be for all of your flights
!

I don't think this is true anymore AirNZ and air pacific are both 1 bag and so are some of the other airlines.

shan08 said:
Thanks everyone for your input! I did like Air NZ and the baggage allowance was 2 bags each. We flew Delta within the states and found them not too bad, very accommodating when we missed our flight from JFK.
For something totally different we are thinking of flying Emirates (i know call me stupid) but have always dreamed of seeing Dubai. Wouldn't go there for a 2 week holiday but a few nights would be great just to experience. Flights are reasonably priced. Adelaide to NY, then depart San Fran for 4 nights in Dubai then home. I know its around 26hrs each way, probably even stop over on the way for one night of decent sleep (cant sleep on plane).
What are your thoughts???

Try looking into those alliance websites (One World and Star Alliance) and see if you can price up round the world flights. That way you could go Adelaide, San Fran, NY, Dubai, Adelaide. You could even try adding a few nights in London or Paris. It might be a bight more expensive, but I don't think I could go both ways via Dubai, it's too far.
Dubai is a great place though. I spent a week there quite a few years back and loved it. Lot's to do.

Try looking into those alliance websites (One World and Star Alliance) and see if you can price up round the world flights. That way you could go Adelaide, San Fran, NY, Dubai, Adelaide. You could even try adding a few nights in London or Paris. It might be a bight more expensive, but I don't think I could go both ways via Dubai, it's too far.
Dubai is a great place though. I spent a week there quite a few years back and loved it. Lot's to do.

Thanks for that. Would be great if i could do it like that and not have to do Dubaii twice but unfortunately i can't justify an extra $7000 for the four of us just to do so. Maybe we leave Dubai for another time if we do Europe in a few years. I will think some more. :confused3

shan08 said:
Thanks for that. Would be great if i could do it like that and not have to do Dubaii twice but unfortunately i can't justify an extra $7000 for the four of us just to do so. Maybe we leave Dubai for another time if we do Europe in a few years. I will think some more. :confused3

Wow, 7 grand. Way more than I expected. What a shame.

I don't think this is true anymore AirNZ and air pacific are both 1 bag and so are some of the other airlines.

Oops sorry you are right, :( (its ok i am female therefore can admit when i am wroooong:rotfl2:)just checked online and the rules changed in November 2009. Lucky virgin and qantas are still 2 per person

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter