Who am I? Lady GaGa or something? 2/8 A Little Trip Around the World, Sort of...

Great updates, Melissa. I love the photos from Chef Mickey's. And you can tell how much fun the kiddos are having at the pool -- very cool looking slide.

Sounds like a fun night at MNSSHP. Love the costumes. :thumbsup2

Have a great Thanksgiving.

poohthanksgiving.gif

Excellent update!
You are ninja mom getting up to cook breakfast like that!
I thought we were the only family that had members that took off for parks without their tickets.:rolleyes1

Now I am reminded of the birthday cake that I need to order for December 30th. I have no idea how to go about it.
We are eating at Ohana that night.
Any suggestions?

Good update!!

THat cake is so cool!!!

How were the treats from MNSSHP? I wondered if you got good candy, or how much? We'll be doing that next year!

Well, we know with you that there IS always a crisis. I just hope its nothing serious.

I love those pictures from Chef Mickeys. The kids all look so cute, even though they are looking in different directions. :rotfl:

That cake is gorgeous!

Yum for breakfast in the room. Great way to start the day.

So much for having everything ready to go to ESPN, although THAT crisis was averted.

Love the few party pictures you did get. Looks like a great evening for the party.

:woohoo: on it being 7 days before your next trip now!!!

Love the pics of your dinner at Chef Mickeys - lol at your kids looking in different directions in your pics! :laughing:

The cake looks great and yay on surprising DS!

Wow ending the day with Wishes and the jacuzzi tub = :cloud9:

I'm glad you all had fun by the pool before heading to MNSSHP.

Great pictures from CM's!! Love all of them looking in different directions!! Must be what each one was interested in!! AWESOME cake!!! Love the Mad Hatter design and the Sorcerer Mickey was just perfect!! What a great surprise!! :goodvibes
I love the colors of the pool and the slide....so pretty! :goodvibes
Do you still have the alarm sound as your husband's ringtone? I heard that the other day and was cracking up! Oy...all that you do and double check and he still forgets!!! He needs Siri :rotfl2:

YOUR NEXT TRIP IS SO SOON!!! :yay:

Tracy

Just found your TR and I am really enjoying it. Awesome room upgrade! Looks like you had a great time at Chef Mickey's. Can't wait to hear what your FIL was doing. If your inlaws are anything like mine, there is never a dull, stress free moment. I love them but they drive me bonkers!

Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun! That cake is AWESOME. Did it taste good? I've heard that some of the cakes don't end up tasting too great.

That looks like an awesome way to spend a day! I've been wanting to go to MNSSHP for a while. How cool that yall were able to fit in so much before the party even started. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Great updates, Melissa. I love the photos from Chef Mickey's. And you can tell how much fun the kiddos are having at the pool -- very cool looking slide.

Sounds like a fun night at MNSSHP. Love the costumes. :thumbsup2

Have a great Thanksgiving.

poohthanksgiving.gif

We had such a great time at Chef Mickey's and the pool! The kids LOVED that slide!

We definitely had a good time at MNSSHP! I love that party!! Thanks about the costumes! I made DD's skirt and embellished the top to match! She really wanted to be minnie and all the costumes she found were to "babyish!" UGH!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!

Excellent update!
You are ninja mom getting up to cook breakfast like that!
I thought we were the only family that had members that took off for parks without their tickets.:rolleyes1

Now I am reminded of the birthday cake that I need to order for December 30th. I have no idea how to go about it.
We are eating at Ohana that night.
Any suggestions?

Ninja mom!!! I LOVE that!! :lmao::cool1: I tell you, I never thought you'd find me cooking on vacation!!!

No, your not the only family who goes to the park without tickets! We've done it before!! But, this was the first time it was done with tickets from Undercover Tourist! Grr!!!

Call Poly private dining for the cake! They should be able to help you! Explain to them that you want a special cake, not the standard (crappy) cake you get from ordering it at the podium!

Good update!!

THat cake is so cool!!!

How were the treats from MNSSHP? I wondered if you got good candy, or how much? We'll be doing that next year!

The cake came out sooooooo good!! I was very impressed!!

The treats were kind of a mix of good and not so great! They definitely mix in the generic stuff and raisins! We got quite a bit each time, we actually still have some in bowl in the kitchen that needs to be tossed when the kids aren't looking ;)

Well, we know with you that there IS always a crisis. I just hope its nothing serious.

I love those pictures from Chef Mickeys. The kids all look so cute, even though they are looking in different directions. :rotfl:

That cake is gorgeous!

Yum for breakfast in the room. Great way to start the day.

So much for having everything ready to go to ESPN, although THAT crisis was averted.

Love the few party pictures you did get. Looks like a great evening for the party.

Just what are you trying to say Miss MaryEllen?! :rolleyes1

:lmao::rotfl2: You know me all too well! There really always is some sort of crisis! Honestly, just this morning I thought our heat was broken! I almost had a heart attack as I suddenly saw all the trip money going to fix it! Luckily it was something stupid and DH fixed it!

They did such a good job with the cake! I was very, very pleased! Our waitress said that all the CM's were talking about it!

We had a very nice evening at the party!

:woohoo: on it being 7 days before your next trip now!!!

Love the pics of your dinner at Chef Mickeys - lol at your kids looking in different directions in your pics! :laughing:

The cake looks great and yay on surprising DS!

Wow ending the day with Wishes and the jacuzzi tub = :cloud9:

I'm glad you all had fun by the pool before heading to MNSSHP.

I'm soooo excited about our trip!!! Sooooooooooooooooo excited! Freaking out slightly though!

:lmao: I think next time we need a rule about 1 camera, I think that's why they were looking all over!

I was so happy with the cake! They really did a fabulous job!

That night was heavenly! The only that would have been better would have been to watch Wishes from the jacuzzi!

The pool was a nice, relaxing way to spend the day!

Great pictures from CM's!! Love all of them looking in different directions!! Must be what each one was interested in!! AWESOME cake!!! Love the Mad Hatter design and the Sorcerer Mickey was just perfect!! What a great surprise!! :goodvibes
I love the colors of the pool and the slide....so pretty! :goodvibes
Do you still have the alarm sound as your husband's ringtone? I heard that the other day and was cracking up! Oy...all that you do and double check and he still forgets!!! He needs Siri :rotfl2:

YOUR NEXT TRIP IS SO SOON!!! :yay:

Tracy

I think they must have been looking at MIL and me! Next time, 1 camera!!!

They did such a great job with that cake!!! I was super impressed!!!

I love the colors of the slide too! Very serene!

Of course I still have the alarm ringtone for DH!! I was in the car with my mom a few weeks ago and he called! At first she was a little taken back and then I explained it John, she was hysterical!!! Definitely needs Siri! Although, I have him my 4 and we got it all set up! He LOVES it!!!

5 days!! 5 days!! I slightly freaking out now!!

Just found your TR and I am really enjoying it. Awesome room upgrade! Looks like you had a great time at Chef Mickey's. Can't wait to hear what your FIL was doing. If your inlaws are anything like mine, there is never a dull, stress free moment. I love them but they drive me bonkers!

Welcome!! We had a great time at CM! My FIL can definitely cause me stress and drive me completely nuts!

Subscribing

Chef Mickey's looks like so much fun! That cake is AWESOME. Did it taste good? I've heard that some of the cakes don't end up tasting too great.

That looks like an awesome way to spend a day! I've been wanting to go to MNSSHP for a while. How cool that yall were able to fit in so much before the party even started. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

The cake wasn't bad! It wasn't the best cake I've ever had but it was decent! We took it back to the room and ate a few more pieces as the week went on!

You would LOVE MNSSHP!! It's truly awesome!! The few hours between 4 and 7 seem to be a good time to get a lot done! Day guest are starting to leave, not all the MNSSHP guests have come in!

PTR update!

This trip was born from after our trip in December of 2010! That trip was a different kind of trip. A trip that I care not to repeat! Ever!

It was the whole family, DH, the kids and I, MIL, FIL, SIL, her DH and their little one. Let’s just say that certain family members caused problem after problem and it was, at times, less then magical!

Christmas is my time of year! I love it! I love the happiness and whimsy!! The love and giving!!

The only part of the Christmas season that I dislike is the 28th, which is my birthday. I’ve always kinda felt like it was a let down after a big exciting Christmas. So I decided a long time ago to take my birthday for what it is and pore myself into Christmas!

The point of the trip last December was to enjoy all the fabulous Christmas things WDW has to offer! It didn’t work out that way!

I missed the Candlelight Processional, we didn’t get to see any of the storytellers in Epcot, we missed the decorations at Boardwalk and Beach Club, I ended up soooo annoyed at MVMCP I thought I may lose it!!!

So, DH promised me a re-do! Woo hooo!!

Originally it was going to be a family trip, just DH and I and the kiddos but plans changed and we ended up doing the family trip, including MIL and FIL, in October! So, December became just DH and I, Christmas and an early birthday for me!!! Woo hooo again!

I originally book the trip back in the early summer, I think. I reallllllllllllllllly wanted to stay at VWL. I love WL and couldn’t imagine staying someplace else during the holiday season! I waitlisted VWL but was concerned the waitlist wouldn’t come through.

Then I had a genius idea, if I do say so myself!

I would rent the points I would have used for the VWL stay and use the money to pay for a room at WL!!! Woo hoo!!!

So, I cancelled the DVC reservation, listed the points for rent on Dis, and booked a room at WL! Yes, once again, Wooo hooo!!!

When the free dining offer came out I asked the very best travel agent, Brook (brookelizabeth), I know to take over the reservation for me! This was before I went into the business myself! Brook did and we had a room at WL with free dining!!!! One more, woo hoo!!!

Of course, along the way I made my ADR’s and got my CP package!! The ADR’s have changed numerous times!! NUMEROUS!!! LOL! The CP package was a rather painless process this year! I spent maybe 20 minutes on hold and was able to get Le Cellier! Not like last year when I couldn’t even get through and was on hold for 90 minutes!

As of now our trip looks like this;

Thursday, December 1st
7:05 am Flight to MCO
Check into WL!
Head to DHS!
3:30 pm Mama Melrose
Osborne Lights

Friday, December 2nd
Resort Hopping! Monorail Resorts!
12:50 Grand Floridian Café
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

Saturday, December 3rd
Epcot!!
DTD!
6:45 Raglan Roads

Sunday, December 4th
Resort Hopping!! Beach Club, Boardwalk, etc
ESPN Zone for lunch and football
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2!

Monday, December 5th
Epcot!
World Showcase! Brook came up with a fabulous touring plan to try and ensure that we get to see all the storytellers I listed on my itinerary with out spending too much time running back and forth!
1:45 Le Cellier lunch with CP package!!
5 pm CP!!!

Tuesday, December 6th
Animal Kingdom!
Visit AKL
5:30 Sleigh Ride at Fort Wilderness!
7:30 Artist Point!

Wednesday, December 7th
MK, for an hour or 2
2:05 Flight home!

The plan could change numerous times over the next 5 days! LOL! I’ve been changing and tweaking like a crazy women! It could also change once at WDW! It may be hard to get me out of WL!!!! Do you think they would set up a bed under the tree for me? Probably not!

This will be the first time we’re renting a car! I figured it would be handy for the resort hoping and I wanted to see what it was like to have a car at WDW! I joined National Rent A Car’s Emerald Club for free last year via Mousesavers. I got a great price of the car with that membership! So we’ll see how it goes!

I can’t wait for this trip! I am a bit nervous, as I usually am, about leaving the kiddos! But I know they’ll be having fun with Grandma and Grandpa! I’m also not nearly as ahead of the game as I usually am! I haven’t packed the kids clothes to take to Grandmas yet, I haven’t even begun to pack my clothes or DH’s clothes, not to mention decorating the house for Christmas, doing our Christmas cards etc!!! Yikes!!! But, I vow not to stress ;)

It will all be good and the trip will go off without a hitch!!!

Wow - I don't blame you for not taking a lot of pictures at MNSSHP! I can't imagine trying to chase three kiddos without my DH!

Your plans for NEXT WEEK look great!! :thumbsup2

You're gonna be there the same time as us!! I will be on the look out for some crazy Lady GaGa dancing. ;)

OH, I wish I was doing a trip like you have next week!! DH would never go without the kids at this point in their lives (although I would for a short trip!). Someday! Brook rocks!!! What great plans you have! You will have so much fun!!!

I love this time of year - everywhere, but especially at WDW! We are listening to Holiday Wishes now, baking cookies (well I am) and we decorated our Disney tree this morning. I'm getting in the spirit!!! Just have to ignore my checkbook and credit card statements! That's a downer!!

SO - You LOVE your iPhone 4S? Looks like we are upgrading from our 3Gs. DH's won't hold a battery charge for the day and he doesn't have an office phone (he's on the road) so he NEEDS a new one. He thinks I should get one too so we are on the same 2 year renewal schedule. Do you have AT&T or Verizon? We are AT&T and plan to stay because they have grandfathered our unlimited data plan to continue. If we switch, it will cost so much more!

Okay - now you better go pack somebody's something!!!

Melissa - I must say - renting the points and using the $ for a regular room with free dining is really a stroke of genius. I never thought of doing that and the dining plan these days is so darn expensive.

So how did it work out? You must fill me in. If/when you get a chance let me know how it translated out money wise. Send me an email because I think that is something I would like to try in the future.

How lovely that you have such a nice long trip. I can't believe you are doing two Xmas parties. I am not even doing one. Should I feel bad about that? :rotfl: I liked the party, but I went on a sold out night and it was just way too crowded for me. One of the parties during our visit is sold out and I am sure the other one will be soon enough. Take lots of pics.

I just remembered the story tellers and I am soooooooo doing that.

Your plans are great!

Oh - and you are going to love having a car!!!!!!

LOVING YOUR PLANS!! Are you sure I can't tag along too?!?

Hope you guys have a great trip!!! YAY to renting a car! I love having a car with me at WDW!!

I'm going to be very excited to see your pictures!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Wilderness Lodge is BEAUTIFUL. Aw, you're leaving a week before I arrive at Disney. Hope yall have some great one on one time!

Wow - I don't blame you for not taking a lot of pictures at MNSSHP! I can't imagine trying to chase three kiddos without my DH!

Your plans for NEXT WEEK look great!! :thumbsup2

I just couldn't imagine stopping to take a picture! I would have lost someone!!

Thanks!! I'm so excited about this trip!!!

The plans look great. You are so lucky to be going to WDW next week!

Thanks! I'm super excited!

You're gonna be there the same time as us!! I will be on the look out for some crazy Lady GaGa dancing. ;)

:lmao::rotfl2: I'm not sure DH will let me do that when it's just us! I'd be way too embarrassing! :rotfl:

OH, I wish I was doing a trip like you have next week!! DH would never go without the kids at this point in their lives (although I would for a short trip!). Someday! Brook rocks!!! What great plans you have! You will have so much fun!!!

I love this time of year - everywhere, but especially at WDW! We are listening to Holiday Wishes now, baking cookies (well I am) and we decorated our Disney tree this morning. I'm getting in the spirit!!! Just have to ignore my checkbook and credit card statements! That's a downer!!

SO - You LOVE your iPhone 4S? Looks like we are upgrading from our 3Gs. DH's won't hold a battery charge for the day and he doesn't have an office phone (he's on the road) so he NEEDS a new one. He thinks I should get one too so we are on the same 2 year renewal schedule. Do you have AT&T or Verizon? We are AT&T and plan to stay because they have grandfathered our unlimited data plan to continue. If we switch, it will cost so much more!

Okay - now you better go pack somebody's something!!!

I highly reccomend an alone trip! It's so much different and soooo nice!

I'm totally in the spirit now!! I know in a few days I'm going to bouncing off the walls!!!

I LOVE my 4s and anyone I talk to who has one loves it too! I have AT&T and have never had any problems at all! Their customer service has always been super helpful!!

I did soooo much today! The kids stuff for MIL is all ready and all my stuff is packed! I have get DH to get his stuff together and pack that! My house is clean, although I'll have to clean 5 or 6 more times between now and when we leave, the house is decorated, aside for the tree (which DH won't let us put up until the 15th for some reason!), our christmas cards are written!

Melissa - I must say - renting the points and using the $ for a regular room with free dining is really a stroke of genius. I never thought of doing that and the dining plan these days is so darn expensive.

So how did it work out? You must fill me in. If/when you get a chance let me know how it translated out money wise. Send me an email because I think that is something I would like to try in the future.

How lovely that you have such a nice long trip. I can't believe you are doing two Xmas parties. I am not even doing one. Should I feel bad about that? :rotfl: I liked the party, but I went on a sold out night and it was just way too crowded for me. One of the parties during our visit is sold out and I am sure the other one will be soon enough. Take lots of pics.

I just remembered the story tellers and I am soooooooo doing that.

Your plans are great!

Oh - and you are going to love having a car!!!!!!

I sent you an email with all the details! I'm really happy with how everything will turned out!

I can't wait to actually see the storytellers!!!

I'm really looking forward to having the car!

LOVING YOUR PLANS!! Are you sure I can't tag along too?!?

Hope you guys have a great trip!!! YAY to renting a car! I love having a car with me at WDW!!

I'm going to be very excited to see your pictures!

Well, I'd let you join us, but...

I'm really looking forward to having a car!

Sounds like an awesome trip! Wilderness Lodge is BEAUTIFUL. Aw, you're leaving a week before I arrive at Disney. Hope yall have some great one on one time!

I LOVE WL and I love the christmas decorations there! I truly can't wait!!!! I hope you have a great trip too!!!

Comments, comments, comments.....

Yup, you are going to love that car. It could even ruin you.
We are going to use Disney transportation on our Christmas trip until we send the kids home THEN we get the rental.:laughing:
The trouble would have been there was no way we could have fit 9 people with 2 car seats into a rental and kept everyone happy.

The Sleigh Ride, we did it last year. SO MUCH FUN!!!!:thumbsup2

When I call about the cake, do I quote you one the crappy part?:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter