Who am I? Lady GaGa or something? 2/8 A Little Trip Around the World, Sort of...

So, I left off with us headed back to our room! The text I had received said we were in room 8002! Score! It was an even number so I knew that at the very least we were on the outside of the building, facing the monorail, MK, etc!

Once we arrived at BLT and headed toward the elevator I had to try to explain to DH and Fil that our room wasn’t going to be on the 8th floor! In fact it was going to be on the 10th floor! I tired to explain to them that at BLT you subtract 70 from the first 2 numbers of the room number to get the floor number. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb didn’t believe me! Ho hum! Honestly, I think the first rule of traveling to WDW with a Diser should be “thou shall not question anything the expert says!” Just sayin…:snooty:

They learned their lesson when they saw the handy dandy floor guide on the inside of the elevator! Yup!! I, of course, was right! :rolleyes:

We got to the 10th floor and went left! Left was good! Left was going north! We walked, and walked some more!

Then I realized our room was the very last room at the end of the hallway!

I’ll admit that I was somewhat concerned that we would actually be too far down to get the lake/mk view.

So with baited breath I opened the door!

I swear I must have run from the door to the balcony!!! LOL!!

Of course, I immediately looked left!!!

When what to my wondering eyes should appear but a vision of…..

MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!

Queue the angels singing!!! Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus and we got a lake/MK view room! Wooo hoo, woo hoo, woo hooo!!!

I must take this opportunity to apologize for not taking 1 single picture of the inside of our room! I think the excitement of finally being in our room, it was at least 4:45 by this time, the excitement of the view and sheer exhaustion clouded my judgement!

So, I called for the luggage, our 2 owners lockers, the box I shipped and the groceries I ordered. The bellmen arrived quickly and I was soon unpacking!

After getting up at an ungodly hour of the morning it felt great to settle in and relax!!!

We hung out for awhile, the kids played and watched TV, the grownups enjoyed the balconies!

Soon it was time to head off for a fabulous dinner and a fantastic surprise!!!

But, this book fair volunteering PTA Mom is pooped and needs to head off to bed! So you have to wait for the rest ;) Be back tomorrow!

What I wouldn't give for that view in March!
Like I've said, we are on a waitlist for a MK view...
I doubt very seriously that it will come through because there are so few MK view rooms anyway and even less when it's a 1br MK view room.

I'm late but I just caught up. Ready to read more!

Your dogs are adorable, I always feel the same. Sort of like my heart breaking when I leave my dogs at the Kennel. But we know the ladies at our vets office take much care for our animals. That's why we've been with them for 15 years. Also that view is AMAZING! prime viewing for Wishes, eh?

Now that is a view!!! WOW!! I would love to wake up every morning at Disney and see that view!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

Know that view well, as Jen and I stayed only a few rooms away from the end of the hall. Nice! And I love the balconies at BLT - so roomy. You could seriously have a party out there. :laughing:

WOW, Awesome views....gosh, the magic of that place!!!
Can't wait for more!!!:santa:

It really was an awesome view! I started referring to it as "my view!"

More to come in a bit!

What I wouldn't give for that view in March!
Like I've said, we are on a waitlist for a MK view...
I doubt very seriously that it will come through because there are so few MK view rooms anyway and even less when it's a 1br MK view room.

I know I mentioned this before but, Dh and I stayed in a 1 bdrm MK view Oct of 10. I actually think I prefer this view better!

Just remember, even #, north end of the building and ask at check-in again!!!! A reminder can't hurt ;)

I'm late but I just caught up. Ready to read more!

Your dogs are adorable, I always feel the same. Sort of like my heart breaking when I leave my dogs at the Kennel. But we know the ladies at our vets office take much care for our animals. That's why we've been with them for 15 years. Also that view is AMAZING! prime viewing for Wishes, eh?

Thanks for joining in!!! Welcome!

Ack! I knew they would be happy and well taken care of at the vet, but it's kind of like leaving the kiddos!!!

Ahhhh, Wishes!!!! YES!!! more on that later!!

Now that is a view!!! WOW!! I would love to wake up every morning at Disney and see that view!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!

It's a fabulous view and I kinda felt like I was in MK!! Ahhhhhh!!!

Know that view well, as Jen and I stayed only a few rooms away from the end of the hall. Nice! And I love the balconies at BLT - so roomy. You could seriously have a party out there. :laughing:

:cool1: You know how badly I wanted that view!! I was so happy!!!!

We fit all 7 of us out there several time with no problem at all!!!

Amazing view!! Now if I could be so lucky in June I'd be a happy camper. :thumbsup2

I hope you get it!!! Remember, even #, north end of the building and ask again and again!! ;)

Wow! Amazing view!! You definitely earned it after the check-in ordeal! What is up with the math equation to figure out what floor your room is on? :confused3 There must be a reason they can't be traditional in the numbering?

Melissa, what a spectacular view...I am in awe.

It really is fabulous isn't it?! :yay:

Wow! Amazing view!! You definitely earned it after the check-in ordeal! What is up with the math equation to figure out what floor your room is on? :confused3 There must be a reason they can't be traditional in the numbering?

My view was definitely amazing!! I think the weird numbering system must have something to do with the numbering at the main building of the contemporary. Although I forgot to check how the main building is numbered! Maybe they didn'tvwant to duplicate numbers?

AMAZING View!!!! Oh, I would so love to be sitting there on the balcony now drinking a cup of coffee and taking in the sweet view. What a wonderful way to start and end the day!!! Thanks for the tidbits on the room numbers. I'm putting that one in my tips file for future stays. Can't wait to hear more!!

Wow! Looks like the BLT CMs made all those mixups up to yall in a major way! That is phenomenal! I am completely jealous! I bet you could see the fireworks from your window too! That's just the coolest thing ever. :lovestruc

That view is :cloud9: heavenly!! I would place money on the fact that angels were literally singing because of that view! :laughing:

Just started reading and love your report!

That view is amazing! Looking forward to seeing of BLT, we'll be staying there for the first time next year.

Lol at DH and FiL not beliving that you weren't going to be on the 8th floor! :laughing: I remember when looking into BLT when at one point we were thinking of renting DVC points and finding that a bit wierd.

OMG what a view!!! Amazing!!! :cloud9: Though after all the earlier drama you guys deserved a good view.

AMAZING View!!!! Oh, I would so love to be sitting there on the balcony now drinking a cup of coffee and taking in the sweet view. What a wonderful way to start and end the day!!! Thanks for the tidbits on the room numbers. I'm putting that one in my tips file for future stays. Can't wait to hear more!!

So would I!!! It was wonderful!!

Wow! Looks like the BLT CMs made all those mixups up to yall in a major way! That is phenomenal! I am completely jealous! I bet you could see the fireworks from your window too! That's just the coolest thing ever. :lovestruc

The CM definitely came through for me!!! it really was a phenomenal view!! We could see the fireworks from the balcony! It was wonderful!

That view is :cloud9: heavenly!! I would place money on the fact that angels were literally singing because of that view! :laughing:

Awesome View!!! :cool1:

:cool1: it really was!

Just started reading and love your report!

That view is amazing! Looking forward to seeing of BLT, we'll be staying there for the first time next year.

Welcome!! The view was amazing!

Lol at DH and FiL not beliving that you weren't going to be on the 8th floor! :laughing: I remember when looking into BLT when at one point we were thinking of renting DVC points and finding that a bit wierd.

OMG what a view!!! Amazing!!! :cloud9: Though after all the earlier drama you guys deserved a good view.

Grr, DH and FIL actually taking my word for it would have been like Mickey asking for a job transfer to Universal!!!

I reallllllllly loved the view!!!! It was kinda (almost) worth the trouble at check-in!

Somehow my response to you disappeared! What's up with that!??

I swear it was like opening the doors and hearing the Hallelujah Chorus! :lmao:

Hello Dis Friends! Sorry I haven’t been around to much lately! I got roped into crazy book fair duty at the kiddos school and have spent an insane amount of time at the school over the past week and a half! So much so that DH was starting to get annoyed at me!

Before I get started I wanted add something I forgot to put in my last update! Remember me mentioning that I was afraid our room would be to far down to get the MK view. Well, in a 2 bedroom you have 2 balconies! One off the master bedroom, that also had a door from the living room and a 2nd off the 2nd bedroom. DH and I were in the master bedroom. The view I showed you was from that balcony. The balcony off the bedroom with 2 queen beds was indeed too far down to get that view! That balcony was a true lake view.

I also should mention that my dang ticker is off by 1 day! Boo! We leave in 8 days, not 7!! I will be back soon with a PTR kind of update

Anyway, moving on!

Off to dinner we went! Luckily, we didn’t have to go far! Dinner for the night was Chef Mickey’s!

We checked in, got our pager and got our picture taken!

Excuse the exhaustion in my face and whatever funky thing is going on with my hair! ;)

We had a good, uneventfully dinner with a fabulous waitress. With, of course, lots of characters!

(Yes, kiddos it's ok for all three of you to look in 3 different places!)

(ho hum, at least one of them is looking at me!)

(much better!)

Of course, I had a little surprise planned for a certain very special little boy who would be turning 9 soon!

He LOVED his cake and was sooooo surprised!! I love the ear to ear grin he gets when he’s happy and surprised!!

After dinner it was back to the room to get ready for bed! After waking up very early that morning we were definitely tired!

But, we weren’t too tired to skip Wishes on the balcony!!!!!! Wooo hooo!!!

Didn’t take any pictures!! Sorry! I was too busy soaking it in!!! I did take a few pics later in the week though ;) So stay tuned!!!!

After Wishes it was time for me to make use of the Jacuzzi tub while DH got the kids ready for bed!!! I LOVE that tub!!! Honestly, being able to soak in that tub after a day at the parks is like heaven on earth!!!!

Then it was off to bed for us!!!!

:cool1: Day 2!!!

The plan for today was sleeping late, pool, rest, MNSSHP. DH and FIL were heading to ESPN Zone at Boardwalk to watch the Giants game!

On a usual Sunday in our house DH makes the family bacon, eggs and pancakes for breakfast. Of course, I had ordered all of those things from Garden Grocer in an effort to get DH to do the same thing!

But, as usual I was up way earlier then anyone else and by 7 was showered and dressed and drinking my coffee on the balcony!!!

I decided to treat DH and make breakfast myself! So, at about 7:30 I ventured into the kitchen to start breakfast. Both DS’s were sleeping in the living room but they had started to stir, so I figured it was safe.

Soon enough the smell of cooking bacon had everyone stirring ;)

Everyone had a yummy breakfast and a nice slow morning!!!

Then it was time for MIL, the kids and I to get ready for the pool!

DH and FIL had their plans to head to Boardwalk to watch the Giants game. The game started at 1 and DH had this grand plan that they should be at ESPN before they open at 11. Okey Dokey!

I told him several time to take a taxi. But noooooooooooo Smarty McSmarty Pants wanted to take the monorail to TTC, take the monorail to Epcot and walk to Boardwalk. Fine, it ‘s a good plan but I figured taking a taxi would take a lot less time! But, who listens to me.

So, they were soon ready to leave and I asked DH a few times if he had everything he needed, park ticket (which I had purchased from undercover tourist), room key, phone, etc.

Yup, he had everything!

So, DH and FIL headed off and MIL and I and the kiddos finished getting ready for the pool and straightened up the room a little. Then we were off the to the pool around 10ish!

When we got out the back door of BLT and headed toward to pool my phone started buzzing because I a text!

Can you guess who it was from?!

Yup, bingo, your right, it was DH telling me to answer my phone in a manor I can’t share on a family forum such as Dis! I was rather annoyed that he was not nice in his text but I called him and immediately explained that I didn’t answer because in the elevator and I didn’t appreciate him being rude to me.

Well, it turns out Smarty McSmarty Pants really didn’t have everything he needed! In fact, he had forgotten his park ticket!! Kinda hard to get into Epcot to walk over to Boardwalk without that, huh? :rolleyes1

If I had purchased the tickets from Disney it would have been easy enough to have guest services print him a new card, but I had purchased them from UCT right before they raised ticket prices knowing they would be used! UGH! Should have taken a darn taxi!!!! Remember, don’t question the expert! No?!

I had DH’s ticket in my wallet which was in my pool bag! So, luckily for DH, I was able to read to guy at guest services the info on the ticket and have a new printed. Crisis averted, kinda! DH and FIL were off through Epcot, MIL, the kiddos and I were at the pool!

Ahhh, time to relax!

The kiddos had a grand time playing and going down the slide 9,000,000 times!

Well, not Ryan. I’m just glad he goes in the pool now! This past summer he spent a lot of time HATING the water! That kinda stinks when you literally live at the beach and you were born into a family that LOVES the water and anything to do with it! Luckily, I found a fantastic swimming teacher who got him in and got him over his fear!

Blowing bubbles!

We stayed at the pool until 1:30ish or so and then headed up to the room to rest, wash up and get ready for an evening at MK and MNSSHP!!!!

We left for MK about 10 minutes before 4 or so. Figuring we’d use out MNSSHP tickets to get at 4 and still make our ADR at LTT at 4:20! And that plan worked out fine!

Soon enough we found ourselves headed into MK, up Main Street and off to LTT!

We checked in and were seated within 2 minutes!

Dinner was yummy!!! The kids enjoyed it too! Well, Dorothy and Johnny enjoyed it, shortly after dinner started Ryan made himself comfy on my lap and fell asleep! LOL! I guess all the fun in the pool tuckered him out!

I truly loved the dessert at LTT!!! It was some sort of craisin cobbler thing. WDW is big on craisin (dried cranberry, if you’re wondering) now, I’m not sure if it was just for F&W. But, we actually got bags of them at epcot for free. We didn’t eat them, I admit. But the dessert was YUMMY! I’m not afraid to admit that I pretty much ate the whole thing myself!!! It was that yummy!!

Johnny also got some birthday ice cream!!! Video of the singing...

After dinner it was time to get our MNSSHP groove on!!! Kind of, the party hadn’t started yet because it was only about 6 ish.

We had to stop for this picture;

I really took no pictures at all that night!!!! I’m super sorry!! I found that wrangling Dorothy and Johnny, pushing Ryan’s stroller and making sure MIL was with us was a lot to keep track of and there was no way I was going to get pics in as well! Boo!! I assure you, I learned a lesson that night though and took quite a few during our second attendance at MNSSHP!!!

From there we moved on into Fantasyland!

First stop was PhilHarMagic, which is my very favorite thing!!! Love it!!! We got lucky too! We didn’t have to wait! The doors opened as we walked in! Woo hoo!!!

After PhilHarMagic we moved onto Pooh!!!! The kiddos loved playing with all the interactive features!

I did manage to snag these pics on pooh...

Then we headed off to the teacups! I wasn’t to keen on the idea of spinning in a cup at that point! But, I went with it to be a good Mommy!!! The kids, of course, enjoyed it! I felt I tad bit wobbly after, but it was all good!

The kiddos decided they wanted to go on buzz so we headed into Tomorrowland! We stopped at Mickey’s Star Traders to see about buying some Halloween swag! But, I don’t think we bought anything!

We moved onto Buzz, but there was a long line so we decided to skip it!

Ryan wanted to ride Pirates again so we headed off to visit Captain Jack again!

While we were walking over to Pirates it was nearing 7 and the 10 minute announcement sounded! Woo hooo!!!

I believe we wait 10 minutes or so to get on Pirates and by the time we got off it was officially MNSSHP!!! Wooo hooo again! LOVE getting in all this good stuff in a short amount of time!

The kiddos decided they wanted to trick or treat!

So we headed into Frontierland to hit the trick or treat trail by Splash! It took a good long while to get through the trail with 9,000 other candy hungry fools! But we made it through with a good amount of candy to show for it!

Then we headed off to the trick or treat stop by the riverboat! We wait there again, but not too long! We also waited with Bernard and Bianca from The Rescuers! These costumes were too darn cute for words!! They loved that I knew right away who they were!!

Once we were done collecting more sugary loot Dorothy and Johnny decided they wanted to ride HM again! I was all for that but Stinky Pants Ryan decided there was no way he was getting on that scary ride! So, MIL volunteered to take the big, non-chicken, kiddos while I waited outside for them.

While we waited I got a text from DH and he was on his over to MK! Without FIL! Ok!

Up next, why was FIL in the room, what would the rest of the night bring, what crisis would pop up next?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter