Whispering Canyon??

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by 3Miracles, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 3Miracles

3Miracles Earning My Ears

What are your Thoughts on the Food from Whispering Canyon?? Looks like a pretty cool place and the pics of Food look good, but Pics don't mean Anything!!! Your Thoughts????

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. memakwed

memakwed Mouseketeer

We've ate there once but not since their lastest menu change. We did the skillet and it was plenty and tasted good. We would go back. Hopefully someone that has been recently will give you an up to date idea.

4. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

I have always enjoyed it! The food is above average I mean its not the kind of food you are going to get next door at Artist Point or at the other signature restaurants but it is also not not going to be the same price as those. It is better for kids and it is a fun environment quite loud but you are at Disney :cool1:

5. Nina1

Nina1 Disney Lover

In a word re. food...yuck! But, atmosphere is fun. Although, not worth the yucky food.

6. AlohaAnnie

AlohaAnnie DIS Veteran

If you like homestyle America food it is good. Our Family prefers to have a few homestyle meals while in vacation. Just our opinion.

Good Luck!

7. jessicamouse

jessicamouse Mouseketeer

We ate there in December, and LOVED it. It was actually one of our favorite meals. The atmosphere is very unique and fun (make sure you ask for ketchup ;) and the food was delicious. It was BBQ fare - so as long as you know what genre to expect, you will most likely not be disappointed.

If you have little ones with you - there is a stick-horse pony race during dinner. Very fun. Also, it is one of the only restaurants where milkshakes are included on the DP, and they were delicious!

8. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Dinner or lunch? These are now very different from one another.

9. Happyjen27

Happyjen27 DIS Veteran

This!

This was my favorite meal all 9 days. We had lunch there, and I think what made it my favorite was that my expectations were met, and the bill was commesurate with the food provided. Service was wonderful.

This favorite meal disctinction won over 'Ohana, CRT, Tusker House, CM, 1900 Park Fare breakfast, Via Napoli (by a small margin), Chefs de France; so some well reviewed places. I'm not saying I prefer this cuisine over all the others, but this was one of the meals wherethe expectations of both my tastebuds and wallet were met. (we paid OOP for this meal even though we were on the DDP because I love me some sit down meals!)

10. DizzDoll

DizzDoll DIS Veteran

The atmosphere is awesome. The food - not awesome. My son, on 2 different occasions, ordered the skillet and was violently sick from it both times. For that reason we won't go back. It could have been the combination of the foods on the skillet and he may enjoy another item on the menu, but for me (and the clean up crew), it won't be happening again!!

11. PrincessJo

PrincessJo Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge last November and ate there one night.

The food was okay. It wasn't bad, but we didn't ask for seconds. This restaurant's food is lacking compared to others... but they DO make up for it in the fun department.

We asked for straws and when our waitress threw them at us, we knew we were in for a treat :)

12. luvformickey

luvformickey Earning My Ears

With the only choice for dinner now being the skillet, I'd be more inclined to go to lunch. It's a fun atmosphere, but the food is just okay. I miss the meatloaf sandwich--it was one of the best things of our trip a year ago and now it's gone
    :(

13. wdwfan22

wdwfan22 Totally Obsessed Disney Nut!

Well, pretty split opinions on here, as per usual :rotfl2:

It is one of my favorite restaurants. We love the skillet and milkshakes. It is a must do dinner for us every trip. If you like Barbeque, then you should be ok.

14. SLamott1973

SLamott1973 Mouseketeer

Love the breakfast! Food is good and its a really fun time we all love it...the CMs are so much fun. My kids love a loud playful restaurant where the get to cut loose during dinner and its OK!!

15. Belle'sFan

Belle'sFan Mouseketeer

To the person whose son was sick both times, he may have had an allergic or adverse food reaction. I mention this because my daughter was violently sick after eating barbecue sauce. We didn't think anything about it until other sauces and dressings started bothering her and we found she is sensitive to soy- soy oil, soy lecithin, soy flour, etc. It would be pretty unusual to get food poisoning twice, especially if no one else was sick. Just something to keep an eye out for if you start to see a pattern. It took us quite a while to figure this out.

16. DizzDoll

DizzDoll DIS Veteran

That was me, and thank you for your post. I don't think, and didn't mean to imply, that he suffered from food poisoning. Rather, I think it was the combination of foods served. We as a rule eat baked, broiled, roasted or grilled foods, and rarely do we bbq where sauces are involved. We eat very little fried foods, and I think that's what "did him in". When you don't eat a lot of greasy foods but indulge on vacation, sometimes it can do really awkward things to your innards!!!:lmao: I can certainly feel for your daughter, because I'm actually the one with food allergies which is why I cook on the drier side. I'm allergic to whole milk, eggs, egg products, wheat, soy, red meat, shellfish...in other words, all the fun stuff (think ice cream)! When I overdo the shellfish, which I LOVE, it gets ugly.:crazy2: So I know how your DD feels (my kindred spirit!!). But like I said, the atmosphere is awesome. Loads of fun. I wish we had a better ending, but it wasn't to be.:headache:

17. Belleoftheballl

Belleoftheballl Mouseketeer

I had the pulled pork and fries and their beans it was sooooo good

18. MinnieLee

MinnieLee DIS Veteran

Went for dinner after they changed the menu and was so disappointed. our server was very nice but the food was just so-so. When we were there for breakfast it was good but not we will make ADRs for dinner again.

19. csmommy

csmommy <font color=purple>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>

So sad they changed the menu for dinner! My son loved their Pot Roast. Any ideas where on property they make good pot roast?

20. webprinter

webprinter DIS Veteran

The 50s Prime Time has the best pot roast in my opinion.

21. johnnyblz20

johnnyblz20 Mouseketeer

The food is pretty good. It's basically a buffet but they bring it to your table. All you have to do is ask for it whenever you want.

The one weird thing they do at that place is if you ask for ketchup. Any table that asks for ketchup they scream KETCHUP and start the process by giving that table about 20 bottles of ketchup. Then when the next table needs ketchup the waiter yells Ketchup and the previous table brings it all over to them and the process continues. Gets annoying when you are trying to eat your food on a SMALL table with 20 bottles of ketchup around you.