Whispering Canyon menu.. What's up???

j-me

Mouseketeer
We are eating WCC .. went to the menu on the WDW site and for dinner it just shows that all you can eat skillet... what???? We loved the menu that is posted on this website.
I am praying that the WDW site is messed up due to all the other issues it is having with being a new site.
Someone been there in the last week or so and can verify the menu???

I am getting so dissappointed that WDW is going to more buffets/all you can eats.. I think some are OK but they are overtaking the resturants.. and that
"cheapens" the value of them.. who wants to pay $35 for a buffet!
Do they still do all the fun stuff with the kids, the bottomless milkshakes etc?

Lunch is still a la carte, but you can't get the skillet at lunch. I assume they still do the fun stuff, but haven't heard anyone comment on it lately.

sharonabe said:
Lunch is still a la carte, but you can't get the skillet at lunch. I assume they still do the fun stuff, but haven't heard anyone comment on it lately.

We ate there a few weeks ago. Last time prior to that was 3 years ago. While the food for what was offered was pretty good if you like BBQ I must say the place was half empty at peak dinner time. Service was good and the typical act was fun. However people must really hate the lack of choices because this place used to fill up pretty consistently

Sounds like Disney got their wish. When they announced the new menu - menu only at lunch w/no skillet option, platter (replaced skillet) only at dinner time - they claimed guests staying at WL complained too much that they couldn't get a walk-up, so by taking away the ordering options at dinnertime turnover would be faster. Many on the boards predicted that there would also be more room for walk-ups because the platter-only option is just not that attractive. And that is exactly what's happening.

I believe they have also had to 'tweak' the food offerings on the platter due to guest complaints. The new platter originally had no pulled pork or BBQ of any kind on it. Since that was pretty much the signature theme of the restaurant people were grumpy about not getting it. I believe the desserts have been modified again, too; the original change included a jalapeno cheesecake that did NOT get a lot of love.

We just ate there last week. We decided to do a last-minute TS dinner for our last night & I looked on the Disney website to see what was still available for a party of 6. I was amazed to see that there was a 6:30 opening at WCC! I was so excited because we had eaten there the year before & had had a really good meal (I think I had meatloaf).

I was so shocked when I saw when we got there that it was now an all-you-can-eat. Plus I felt guilty because my in-laws were paying, & it was $30/pp no matter how much or little you were in the mood to eat. We almost left but by then our server had been over so it would've been rude. We got the pulled pork, ribs, & chicken & I have to say, I'm really not picky when it comes to restaurant food but the stuff was pretty gross. The ribs were kind of dry, the pulled pork was SO fatty that it was hard to find actual meat (& somehow it tasted like bologna, not kidding), & the chicken tasted like the pork--they must smoke everything together. The sides were very tasty but I definitely didn't eat $30 worth of potatoes & beans. Overall, really disappointed. But at least you know you could get a last-minute reservation there....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter