Which will sell out first BLT or GCV?

As much as I love DL (my favorite attraction and restaurant int he world is there)

Off topic but I'm curious- what are they? Personally, I like DL's Space Mountain LOTS more than WDW's + I enjoyed several rides on the Matterhorn, but I always wonder what is special for others...

I have been to DL once in my life, summer 2004. To me, WDW is a vacation, DL is kind of a field trip...(I am gonna get ripped for that one!). We flew into LAX, and while driving to DL it was chaos. I don't mind big city traffic at all, but all my other backseat drivers were gasping and cringing!

I think that WDW has the "I'm away from it all".

I love DL and would go back in a second, but I always find better flights to Orlando. And the feel is so much more vacation!

Also, WDW is an extended vacation...with 4 major theme parks and 2 water parks... you can be there a week and not duplicate anything...

DL is a 2 park operation...as great as it is, many people don't have a week there.

I think so many of the BLT points are 150-300 point contracts and VGC are 100-200 point contracts.

Off topic but I'm curious- what are they? Personally, I like DL's Space Mountain LOTS more than WDW's + I enjoyed several rides on the Matterhorn, but I always wonder what is special for others...

Favorite attraction is Indiana Jones, favorite restaurant is Blue Bayou, and I should have added favorite land- New Orleans Square.

Of course I like them both, and wish I had more time to spend at both. :-)

To me, WDW is a vacation, DL is kind of a field trip...(I am gonna get ripped for that one!).

I think so many of the BLT points are 150-300 point contracts and VGC are 100-200 point contracts.

I agree for the most part; while as I've said before I liked DL and look forward to going back, my absolute favorite vacations are those to WDW. Everything else is just a "tide me over" until my next one! :rotfl:

And for contracts, I guess I'm cheap- I only own 160 B LT & 50 VGC! But hey, every DVC member has to start somewhere! :3dglasses

To me, WDW is a vacation, DL is kind of a field trip...(I am gonna get ripped for that one!).

No flames...I understand where you're coming from, we run to DL quite often since it's close, but those are usually 3-4 night trips. WDW forces us to take a week or longer due to the travel distance.

Awwww man! Oh well, sadly it doesn't surprise me. We went last May so obviously Ariel took Whoopie out of the picture since then. Anyone know when the last show was?

Of course I love Ariel, so nothing changes but change I guess. My youngest son is gonna' kill me now. He wanted his last ride on our May trip to be Golden dream, but I told him no because we had already done it 4 times. Now I wish I had let him...:headache:

Here is a you tube video to help relieve the pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMzLBteDxZQ

LionQueen

We love GCA the way it is too, although more rides will make it even better... I have to admit we have been about 6 or 7 times over the last 5 years and I don't even know what the Golden Dreams theatre is???

I think DVC thought VGC would sell quicker and are also discounting to sell out before they start selling Hawaii which will need to draw from the West Coast. If the opening is slated for 2011, Hawaii should start selling in the next year, right?

If more people here visited Disneyland, they would truly see the beauty of of that resort and I believe it would already be sold out.

MG

You are so right, I originally bought points to be able to go every three years, well after being there this past June I decided I want to go every other year. It is a great resort and I had a wonderful time.

I think DVC thought VGC would sell quicker and are also discounting to sell out before they start selling Hawaii which will need to draw from the West Coast. If the opening is slated for 2011, Hawaii should start selling in the next year, right?

I would guess they would start selling Hawaii 9-11 months prior to its opening, that seems to be the pattern with BLT and VGC.

Got me beat. I only have 30 at BWV and 125 at BLT. ( only been a member for about 10 days)

...it sounds like you did what I did..bought a small resale to get into the system so you could buy a smaller BLT? I have 25 at OKW and 125 at VGC..wish I could add on..looks like I'll be in borrowing mode for several years! :)

I have been to DL once in my life, summer 2004. To me, WDW is a vacation, DL is kind of a field trip...(I am gonna get ripped for that one!). We flew into LAX, and while driving to DL it was chaos. I don't mind big city traffic at all, but all my other backseat drivers were gasping and cringing!

I love DL and would go back in a second, but I always find better flights to Orlando. And the feel is so much more vacation!

Also, WDW is an extended vacation...with 4 major theme parks and 2 water parks... you can be there a week and not duplicate anything...

DL is a 2 park operation...as great as it is, many people don't have a week there.

I've been about 150 times to the DLR and agree that WDW makes for a better extended vacation compared to DLR. I've usually stayed 9 days each time to WDW. I picked up 125 points at VGC so that we can stay in a 1 bedroom 5 days a year in the first week of June. Its really a good place to visit Sunday to Friday, or take a couple days off and make it a 4 day weekend.

You can easily spend 1.5 days at DCA and 2.5 days at DL at a relaxing pace. Include a day at the pool with some shopping in DTD and its a 5 day vacation. For people flying in you can rent a car for the day and hit Sea World or Universal Studios.

On the themeing vs proximity discussion - I can honestly say that themeing is probably more important to me than location. I really enjoyed my recent stay at Kidani (great themeing-remote location). And though I haven't seen the models for BLT, I think it is the one DVC resort that I have no desire to stay at (poor themeing IMHO-great location). I think the Grand has the best of both. I love the Arts and Crafts theme and you just can't beat being a 5 to 10 walk to your room from the park.

On DCA- I love it. It has grown on me over time. I admit it lacks that special magic spark that comes from stepping under the RR overpass and into DL, but it is nice to take a break from the crowds and most of my favorite rides and attractions are in DCA. I love Screaming, Soaring, ToT, TSM, Grizzly River Rafts, talk with Crush and the Alladin show. I know things are a little tore up right now, but I'm looking forward to all of the upgrades.

On DLR vs WDW - I have only been to WDW three times and go to DLR 3 or 4 times a year. There is more to do at WDW. There is a wide selection of resorts and restaurants to choose from. I love the visual impact of the Animal Kingdom. I like Poly, Bay Lake and the GF. In spite of the many things that I do like about WDW, I have to say that I still prefer DLR. We usually do Disney with family group that includes about 14 people. All of us - except my 9 year old grandson - like DLR better. Mickey's Toontown, Space Mountain, Fantasyland, POTC are all better at DL. DL has Indiana Jones, the Blue Bayou and New Orleans Square. I just like how compact everything is. It is so easy to decide to go for swim, do a little shopping, switch parks or take a nap. I think CMs in CA are better. I know that the thing I like best about DLR is it's familiarity and all of the memories that are associated with years of vacationing. It does truly feel like coming home to me. My seven year old DGD has been complaining about too many WDW and not enough DL vacations. We can't wait till spring break and our first trip to GCV.

I can't tell you how many threads I've read about WDW vs DLR. There are interesting points to both sides, and I can understand them both.

WDW-Definitely more of a destination vacation, i.e. more resorts, more parks, more to do in general. I LOVE WDW, and we go there every single year without fail.

That said, I have been lucky enough to go to DLR every year of my childhood, and nearly every year in my adulthood (save a couple years, childbirth, surgeries, etc. :lmao:)

DLR is different than WDW in so many ways, but one of the biggest, IMHO, and most important is the true sense of being the "original."

I mean, walking through the castle (SO tiny compared to WDW) and to know that Walt himself walked through it, dreamed it and created it, is a special "magic" I simply can't explain. The original "rustic" look of Frontierland and adventurland, and the DL railroad all hold such a special lock on my heart, it simply cannot compare to anything WDW has to offer. Don't get me started on the candy shop people, it is likely my favorite place in the entire world (not just Disney) to be. Seriously, I stand and watch (and eat) so long in front of the window where they make candy, I sometimes think they're going to tell me to take a hike :rotfl2:

The monorail actually going into the park is a HUGE piece of magic for me too. I thought when they took the monorail out of the DLH I was gonna' die (STILL think that was a horrible idea, but I digress). The submarine ride, now that it's back as Nemo, was the first experience I ever had with Disney. And watching the tops glide through the water, listening to the peaceful music and watching the monorail glide in front of the Matterhorn, what can I say...that is my magic.

If I absolutely HAD to give up one for the other, I would give up WDW. Although we go there more, and stay longer, it simply doesn't hold the same magic for me and my family.

Also to add, we never stay @ DLR for less than 8 nights. We easily spend 3 days @ DL and 2+ days @ DCA. We also head to the beach for a half day, but other than that, stay on property. There are so many great resort activities, pools, DTD and so forth, that I can say for myself and my family, it is definitely not a 3-4 day trip. Not if you want to really take in the magic and enjoy it..just my .02.

I can't tell you how many threads I've read about WDW vs DLR. There are interesting points to both sides, and I can understand them both.

WDW-Definitely more of a destination vacation, i.e. more resorts, more parks, more to do in general. I LOVE WDW, and we go there every single year without fail.

That said, I have been lucky enough to go to DLR every year of my childhood, and nearly every year in my adulthood (save a couple years, childbirth, surgeries, etc. :lmao:)

DLR is different than WDW in so many ways, but one of the biggest, IMHO, and most important is the true sense of being the "original."

I mean, walking through the castle (SO tiny compared to WDW) and to know that Walt himself walked through it, dreamed it and created it, is a special "magic" I simply can't explain. The original "rustic" look of Frontierland and adventurland, and the DL railroad all hold such a special lock on my heart, it simply cannot compare to anything WDW has to offer. Don't get me started on the candy shop people, it is likely my favorite place in the entire world (not just Disney) to be. Seriously, I stand and watch (and eat) so long in front of the window where they make candy, I sometimes think they're going to tell me to take a hike :rotfl2:

The monorail actually going into the park is a HUGE piece of magic for me too. I thought when they took the monorail out of the DLH I was gonna' die (STILL think that was a horrible idea, but I digress). The submarine ride, now that it's back as Nemo, was the first experience I ever had with Disney. And watching the tops glide through the water, listening to the peaceful music and watching the monorail glide in front of the Matterhorn, what can I say...that is my magic.

If I absolutely HAD to give up one for the other, I would give up WDW. Although we go there more, and stay longer, it simply doesn't hold the same magic for me and my family.

Also to add, we never stay @ DLR for less than 8 nights. We easily spend 3 days @ DL and 2+ days @ DCA. We also head to the beach for a half day, but other than that, stay on property. There are so many great resort activities, pools, DTD and so forth, that I can say for myself and my family, it is definitely not a 3-4 day trip. Not if you want to really take in the magic and enjoy it..just my .02.

ITA!:thumbsup2 Your post might be my favorite ever!

The monorail actually going into the park is a HUGE piece of magic for me too. I thought when they took the monorail out of the DLH I was gonna' die (STILL think that was a horrible idea, but I digress).

The whole post is great and I totally agree on this. Bad, bad, bad! Now I wish they'd add a stop at GC - that would be brilliant!!!

Thank you both SO much, I am truly honored by your comments! :hug:

I absolutely LOVE that others feel the same about DLR. I also loved the other post stating that if more people had the opportunity to truly enjoy DLR it would be much more popular and more of a destination vacation.

However, let's not forget that DLR is horribly over-crowded, the weather is terrible and you should never, ever want to go there if you can help it. :lmao:

The whole post is great and I totally agree on this. Bad, bad, bad! Now I wish they'd add a stop at GC - that would be brilliant!!!
As it goes through the middle of GC you could jump out the window. Just remember to tuck and roll. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter