Which Walt Disney World Park Should You Visit First?

Which Walt Disney World Park Will YOU Visit First?

• Magic Kingdom

• Epcot

• Hollywood Studios

• Animal Kingdom

Results are only viewable after voting.
We ALWAYS visit Epcot first!! It is our favorite. If someone were visiting the parks for the first time, I would suggest MK. Nothing feels the same as when you walk down Main Street and see the Castle for the first time!!

We always go to MK and ride POTC. We discuss the whole trip there that it is family tradition to ride POTC first. After that we have no schedule at all!

Had to lose nearly 60 lbs to take my daughter on the Wild Africa Trek last trip so we did AK first (so I could start eating again the rest of my vacation).

I will have to join the small minority of posters who could not vote in the poll because there was no "other" option. For us practicality wins out over sentiment. We select our park days based on the crowd calendars and stick to it for at least the first half of the trip. Since our arrival day varies from trip to trip, so does our first park.

Normally I'd pick Magic Kingdom, but for my next trip I have to be honest. I'm going to Epcot first. I kind of have to because I have a dinner reservation there shortly after I arrive :goodvibes

Normally I'd pick Magic Kingdom, but for my next trip I have to be honest. I'm going to Epcot first. I kind of have to because I have a dinner reservation there shortly after I arrive :goodvibes

It's good to put a spin on things! Tell us how it goes! :)

I start with EPCOT or MK, probably EPCOT if I have multiple visits planned.

I voted Epcot because it was our tradition to go to Epcot on our arrival day right after check-in for years! This year I am bringing my 7 year old god-daughter for her first trip to the world and as much as I would love to take her right to MK when we get there, we are going to do Epcot with dinner in World Showcase. The next day happens to be morning EMH at MK, so I really want her to experience the Magic Kingdom the right way with rope drop and getting on as much as we can in that extra hour, and just exploring the park through out the day instead on a tiring travel day.

I voted Epcot because it was our tradition to go to Epcot on our arrival day right after check-in for years! This year I am bringing my 7 year old god-daughter for her first trip to the world and as much as I would love to take her right to MK when we get there, we are going to do Epcot with dinner in World Showcase. The next day happens to be morning EMH at MK, so I really want her to experience the Magic Kingdom the right way with rope drop and getting on as much as we can in that extra hour, and just exploring the park through out the day instead on a tiring travel day.

Sounds awesome! I hope you guys have a great time! :)

At this point it appears that Magic Kingdom is the most popular to visit first, but more people keep popping in with Epcot as their first destination. Lets get some more opinions! :)

It's our first trip we are scheduling our days no park hoppers I don't think we will use them . But we got lucky .
Mk
Epcot
Hollywood
Ak
Epcot during the day
Then Mickey not so spooky Halloween that night
For our last night.
So no need for hoppers it worked out great!

It all depends on the day I arrive and the time I arrive. I plan out based off of predicted park levels and if Im in early enough to get to the parks by early afternoon I will try AK. I usually get a lot done with less time than I normally have.

It's our first trip we are scheduling our days no park hoppers I don't think we will use them . But we got lucky .
Mk
Epcot
Hollywood
Ak
Epcot during the day
Then Mickey not so spooky Halloween that night
For our last night.
So no need for hoppers it worked out great!

That's awesome! Just be careful, that many days in a row at the parks can be more tiring than you may think. When I do Not So Scary or the Christmas Party, I have found that keeping that day open is best. People start coming for the party around four, meaning you would need to be out of Epcot by 3 at the LATEST. So if you do Epcot it's more like for the late morning and early afternoon, not the entire day. The party starts before the sun sets. Plus, if you do this, you can have the morning to chill and relax from the other 4 days of park time. The parks are the best, but walking, getting fastpasses, getting through crowds, waiting in lines, and finding the kind of food you want for 4 days in a row takes its toll. You could just relax at the hotel or go to Downtown Disney and enjoy a nice breakfast/brunch/lunch and shop (or just browse if you don't want Mickey taking your money). Have a great trip! :)

Oh I totally agree Fridays day at Epcot we will sleep in go around 10-3 go back to hotel rest for an hour or so then we have dd at Cinderella at 425. I figure that's a good day to see the country's since first days prob all rides or go to our faves. Ds is 13 dd is 6 but bed time is 10 for her anyway she's hyper so she will keep going like the energizer bunny. I'm in training lost 45lbs so far 30 more to go goal weight then I can def keep up with them. Lol

MK is the ideal first stop for me, but I took my kids to EPCOT first on their first trip. We arrived in the evening, and I took them there so we could go to the character spot and meet Mickey/Minnie/Donald/Goofy/Pluto right off the bat in one convenient location. They also rode Mission Space (green) and went on Spaceship Earth. They like all of the parks, but these two rides in EPCOT were their favorites. When we got off Mission Space, my daughter (5 at the time) was real quiet, then she said, "Did we really go to Mars, Mommy?" Walking out of Mission Space, we saw Illuminations. It was a great start to a great vacation.

We usually go to AK first because our first day is usually a short day and we spend less time at AK than the other parks. This trip we will be arriving really early and we are planning DHS the first day. We always save MK for day 2 or 3.

We usually go to AK first because our first day is usually a short day and we spend less time at AK than the other parks. This trip we will be arriving really early and we are planning DHS the first day. We always save MK for day 2 or 3.

That's cool! That's very unique! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter