Which to pick?

disfreak2

Earning My Ears
We are being joined on our 2012 trip by my sister and her 3 teenagers. She is a single parent who works too hard and this may be their one and only WDW trip. We have decided on a mod because of queen beds and our wish to relax at the resort a little. I want them to have that feeling of being in a completely different setting (as different as central Illinois as possible). We are going to do the dining plan and will probably eat lunch in the parks so resort food courts are not much of a factor in our decision. I usually stay at CS and love it. I think they like the idea of the quiet pools at the mods but Riverside seems so large and from photos it just does not seem as lush and tropical as some of the others. I would love to hear some opinions. I would also love to try something new. I like the size of POFQ but wish they had just one quiet pool. Maybe we should go back to CS or do POFQ and use the POR quiet pools? I appreciate and respect everyone's opinions. :grouphug:

Having stayed at POFQ just once, you can take my opinions with a grain of salt. However, the whole family loved POFQ (and DW is a reluctant participant). It is small, peaceful and different. I found the pool to be great. Sure there were kids, but we didn't find it too crowded to enjoy. I would wholly recommend POFQ. It really made me believe I was in New Orleans. Plus the boat ride to and from DTD was a great change of pace.

Just be aware that as of right now, not all of the mods have queen size beds. CSR and POFQ have them. POR is going to be getting them soon. CBR does not have them, and won't probably until after they're done at POR. Don't know what the size of the beds are at FW Cabins. So that might help narrow things down a bit.

Well CSR has queen beds and quiet pools, so you might want to stick with that resort. As far as lushness though, POR has a lot more landscaping than CSR, but the landscaping at CSR is more controlled and less "wild" IMO.

So I'd stick with CSR if you think your sister would like it there. :goodvibes

Well CSR has queen beds and quiet pools, so you might want to stick with that resort. As far as lushness though, POR has a lot more landscaping than CSR, but the landscaping at CSR is more controlled and less "wild" IMO.

So I'd stick with CSR if you think your sister would like it there. :goodvibes

Agreed. :thumbsup2

I haven't stayed at PO Riverside, but I've stayed at PO French Quarter.

I would go with Riverside. It's a new resort for you so that's always fun :) It will have queen beds and quiet pools (you won't have the quiet pools at CSR and no queen beds at CBR). Also, it's a great location (you can take the boat to downtown disney). You would be closer to Boatrights, which is probably the best table service restaurant at the mods that have one. I can't imagine PO Riverside is that much larger than CSR...if that's a huge concern, you could pay for a preferred room. Plus, PO Riverside is being refurbished.

I haven't stayed at PO Riverside, but I've stayed at PO French Quarter.

I would go with Riverside. It's a new resort for you so that's always fun :) It will have queen beds and quiet pools (you won't have the quiet pools at CSR and no queen beds at CBR). Also, it's a great location (you can take the boat to downtown disney). You would be closer to Boatrights, which is probably the best table service restaurant at the mods that have one. I can't imagine PO Riverside is that much larger than CSR...if that's a huge concern, you could pay for a preferred room. Plus, PO Riverside is being refurbished.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but CSR does have quiet pools :confused:

yes it does, and it has by far the best dining of any of the mod resorts. The main pool is a blast and is open to midnight (much later than most resorts) I am guessing because of the convention center it hosts. CSR is my favorite mod. They redid the rooms recently and I think they look great!

We are being joined on our 2012 trip by my sister and her 3 teenagers. She is a single parent who works too hard and this may be their one and only WDW trip. We have decided on a mod because of queen beds and our wish to relax at the resort a little. I want them to have that feeling of being in a completely different setting (as different as central Illinois as possible). We are going to do the dining plan and will probably eat lunch in the parks so resort food courts are not much of a factor in our decision. I usually stay at CS and love it. I think they like the idea of the quiet pools at the mods but Riverside seems so large and from photos it just does not seem as lush and tropical as some of the others. I would love to hear some opinions. I would also love to try something new. I like the size of POFQ but wish they had just one quiet pool. Maybe we should go back to CS or do POFQ and use the POR quiet pools? I appreciate and respect everyone's opinions. :grouphug:

POR Riverside is our fav moderate. IMO, I think it has just a little more to offer, with Boat to DTD, Evening entertainment in the lounge, Horse & Carriage rides. The landscapping is beautiful. We prefer the mansion section.

Love the quiet pools. As mentioned, in June they are starting renos, Mansion section Acadian Pl being first on the list.

POFQ doesn't have quiet pools, and I doubt you'd bother the walk over to POR quiet pools. It's not that far, but far enough not to want to bother :laughing: just for a swim. Dunno. Maybe you would :laughing:
My daughters are older too, and we use the quiet pools quite a bit. Nice for a quick dip after the parks.

We usually eat lunch in the parks too, but once or twice will come back for lunch at POR because we love the make your own pasta bar. We go to parks at opening in summer, and after lunch return for a mid day break. But as i say, sometimes we wait to have lunch back at resort. It's so yummy.

Don't know when in 2012 you plan on but some of the buildings will be finished by then with queen beds.

Have fun planning!

I have to say I think the pool at POFQ is geared to little kids, and if she has teens they would be disappointed. My 10 year old found the pool too young for her.

If the rooms will be upgraded to queen beds in time for your trip at POR, then I'd vote for that resort. If not, then CS. It doesn't sound like POFQ or CB meet your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter