Which Sheraton Vistana Resort Unit is best?

jandm

Mouseketeer
I know they have all been remodeled (almost complete) --but which one's are the most new? Also, which pool is the best for kids? TIA!

Spas section was the last completed before Courts (now under renovation). Technically, Courts will be the freshest units as they complete, but as of last week when we left, none of the newly renovated Courts units were quite open yet. They were progressing pretty rapidly though; about 1/4 to 1/3 of Courts is currently closed. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about this at all. ALL of the units are relatively fresh, and they are all maintained to Sheraton standards.

Best pool for kids depends on the kids. On the South East part of the resort, Spas Super Pool is best for swimmers. Max depth is 4.5 feet in the middle, starting at 3 feet at either end. Kids can touch bottom through most of the pool. Cascades pool has a single step in at the shallow end, and there are several "humps" that protrude from the water with fountain jets. The whole area is no more than about 8" deep. The really little ones love the area. Cascades also has a waterfall that older kids like to play under. On the North West sector of the resort, there are two pools, at least one of which has zero entry and there is a slide as well if I recall (I don't often venture over to that side of the resort).

Spas section was the last completed before Courts (now under renovation). Technically, Courts will be the freshest units as they complete, but as of last week when we left, none of the newly renovated Courts units were quite open yet. They were progressing pretty rapidly though; about 1/4 to 1/3 of Courts is currently closed. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about this at all. ALL of the units are relatively fresh, and they are all maintained to Sheraton standards.

Best pool for kids depends on the kids. On the South East part of the resort, Spas Super Pool is best for swimmers. Max depth is 4.5 feet in the middle, starting at 3 feet at either end. Kids can touch bottom through most of the pool. Cascades pool has a single step in at the shallow end, and there are several "humps" that protrude from the water with fountain jets. The whole area is no more than about 8" deep. The really little ones love the area. Cascades also has a waterfall that older kids like to play under. On the North West sector of the resort, there are two pools, at least one of which has zero entry and there is a slide as well if I recall (I don't often venture over to that side of the resort).

thanks so much. I thought I had read somewhere else that the Cascades pool is best for real little one's because it is zero entry. I've heard good things about Cascades, Fountains and Lakes units..but I agree with you, I'm sure all of them are nice now that they have been remodeled. Thanks again!

Hi:
My kids favorite pool and we've stayed at all of them is the Falls pool. They love the waterslide. It's also the quietest section in my opinion. However, the units only sleep 6 as they have twin beds in the 2nd bedroom.

You can't go wrong at any pool and it's an easy walk or drive over to another one if you want a change.

The times we went to the falls pools,it was around 1pm it was very crowded (packed) no loungers but chairs.It was also very noisy, not that this bothers us.We let our kids us the slide for a bit while we sat in the spa,that I will say? is the hottest of all ,but rather small.Then we would return to the spas pool that has the biggest spa I have ever seen.I would us the falls spa at 8am and it was so quite and relaxing,at about 9am the leaf blowers would come on, this is something that go's on at all resorts in the morning were we have stayed so be for warned.The Lakes pool is 0 entry and this is my sisters choice it was never busy , just threw the gate two minutes to the fountains pool, the(2) spas are at the top of the water fall, its amazing how many don't no their there, but its a far ways from the falls pool. We did not no it at the time but friends were there and they stayed at the Springs, used pool there, kids seem to enjoy themselves,its there first trip (Disney) and they were a little shy of using the whole resort .I don't think you can get food,drinks there? They did comment that there was a fair amount of traffic noise at times. They were very happy with the SVR and also would like to be returning next year.We have already!! been offered others for next year,but will be planning on SVR .

We've never had a crowd at the Falls pool but I'm beginning to wonder if it's fair to judge how crowded a pool will be if you don't take into consideration the time of year or week you are at the resort.

We normally vacation the last week of April. Two years ago, we were the only family in one entire building in the Falls area. It was dead. However, this year our quiet vacation week falls on Easter (it's so late) and I expect the Vistana to be hopping and the Falls pool to be noisy.

Our experience has been that the Fountains pool is very noisy when they have events happening at night. Other than that, we've never had a crowd problem.

Have fun! No matter where you end up staying, you'll love it. The Vistana draws us back every year!

I also have a question about what all we need to provide for our room. Dishwasher soap, paper towels, hand soap for the bathrooms, napkins. Could you let me know if any of these items are already stocked, or if we need to pick them up at the store. Thanks for your help!

Hi;
They give you enough to get you started but I remember them saying last year that they were cutting back as a result of the economy. Napkins in most units were cloth.

I've always called housekeeping for more toilet paper and garbage bags but everything else we buy or bring from home. Depending on how many times you wash the dishes, your may want to bring the little cube packages of dishwasher liquid from home or buy them there. We bring Purex (name ?) laundry sheets too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter