• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides are the worst for motion sickness?

I have to focus on Star Tours to not get motion sick. Expedition Everest scrambles my eggs when you go up the spiral backwards.

I have the same reaction. Regular coasters are usually fine, but I often sit Star Tours out.
Me too. The screen rides, especially Star Tours, make me queasy. I usually close my eyes for most of it. Regular coasters are fine.

Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run pilot position did me in. Then Star Tours made it worst. I’ve never had that happen before but I have never been the pilot.

Worst one for me is Smuggler's Run (I was also a pilot, like @tweetykl). Maybe it wouldn't have bothered me as much had I been in another position? It has been a long time since I experienced that level of motion sickness.

I had very minimal issues with FoP, but as with @g-dad66, I was able to get past them by focusing on the guides every now and again and tuning out the periphery.

No issues with Star Tours or Mission Space that I can recall. I haven't ridden Rat yet, so I can't say if that will be an issue or not.

Expedition Everest makes me so nauseated as it starts to go backwards I have decided to stop riding it. I haven’t tried star tours or mission space in years. Flight of Passage , Smugglers and Soarin don’t bother me at all. What are you all using for motion sickness that does not make you drowsy?

Star Tours definitely. I havent been on it in years.. I havent even tried FOP or Mission Space because I know how I am. Oh and wont even bother with the tea cups! LOL Give me a roller coaster every day!

Expedition Everest makes me so nauseated as it starts to go backwards I have decided to stop riding it. I haven’t tried star tours or mission space in years. Flight of Passage , Smugglers and Soarin don’t bother me at all. What are you all using for motion sickness that does not make you drowsy?

I take an OTC motion pill (Dramamine All Day Less Drowsy says the bottle). Between the Dole whip floats & other sugar treat buzzes I keep going all day. Plus I drive 1.5-2 hours each way so I have to watch for that. My work won't accept "stuck at Disney" as an excuse on Monday mornings. :laughing:

I will say this only works for me on Disney rides. I went to Busch Gardens & no amount of meds could help me if the ride did anything other than go straight & fast. 2 rides is my limit there.

Coming in 4 weeks. I know Mission Space is bad and we've never gotten on it but what others? Haven't been to WDW since 2015.
I'm definitely on the sensitive side of motion sickness, and most of the rides aren't too bad.

Mission Space and Star Tours are really the only ones I can't handle. And Star Tours I will still do every once in a while, with the knowledge that I'll likely spend the 2nd half of the ride with my eyes closed and breathing deep!

If I had to rate the rides based on how bad they are for people sensitive to simulator-related motion sickness... I would say:

1. Mission Space
2. Star Tours

Big Gap

3. Millenium Falcon (very doable if you are not extremely sensitive)

Small Gap

4. Flight of Passage (I was actually amazed at how easy this one was to handle)

Star Tours for sure, also FoP, Remy's and Smuggler's Run. I wore the "sea bands" on my last trip and they helped a ton. (Never tried Mission: Space due to it being known to make people sick)

Dino land Mid evil whirl or whatever is it / was called...... is it even open any more ....

It always made me sick..... and I fly for a living

Last edited:
I'm so glad this thread was started because I've never done Star Tours and now I know to stay away!

I will say I can do Expedition Everest with no issue, but Tea Cups and Runaway Railway kill me! I just say no way to tea cups and close my eyes with some of the screens for the railway. Almost a similar sensation with Ratatouille.

As funny as this sounds, my wife is good with most non roller coasters at DW but she had a horrible time at Garden Grill. The slow gradual rotation really messed with her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter