• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which rides are the worst for motion sickness?

gonitts

Mouseketeer
Coming in 4 weeks. I know Mission Space is bad and we've never gotten on it but what others? Haven't been to WDW since 2015.

The backwards down swoop on EE gets me if I forget to take my motion pill or it hasn't kicked in yet. Star Tours used to get me. Definitely was glad I had taken it for the rat ride.

I try to take my motion pill about 30 minutes from reaching the park & I am good all day for any of the rides at Disney.

My 7 year old niece would always have me spin the tea cups in Fantasy Land as fast as possible and this cause temporary discomfort if that counts =) However I'm not sure why kids are immune to this kind of thing!

Honestly Star Tours is rough for me. Regular coasters don't bother me, but Star Tours makes me dizzy and nauseous afterward!
I have the same reaction. Regular coasters are usually fine, but I often sit Star Tours out.

Agree with ST. Some here on the Dis once said to request the middle of the middle row where the motion is the least. It does seem less nauseating to me. Something to try if you really want to do ST.
And MS orange. Omg. Awful. As well as claustrophobic.
Sometimes EE since it goes backwards, but it’s such an awesome ride it a shame to miss it.

Star Tours, Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run, Avatar Flight of Passage, Ratatouille, Mission Space of course.
Star Tours made us both feel sick. We had to look at the floor. We went on Ratatouille and Flight of Passage and had no trouble. I rode Mission Space a long time ago and will never ride it again because of motion sickness. I haven’t attempted Millennium Falcon yet.

Star Tours used to do me in, but as long as I’m hydrated and have something in my stomach (and I’m not hot - if I’m hot, forget it), I can handle it. The same with Falcon and FoP. Ratatouille has taken its place as the one to make me have to sit things out for a while after. I’ll only ride it if I’m with someone who hasn’t ridden it before, and I’ll close my eyes through most of it.

Star Tours used to do me in, but as long as I’m hydrated and have something in my stomach (and I’m not hot - if I’m hot, forget it), I can handle it. The same with Falcon and FoP. Ratatouille has taken its place as the one to make me have to sit things out for a while after. I’ll only ride it if I’m with someone who hasn’t ridden it before, and I’ll close my eyes through most of it.
Wow. I don’t realize RAT was so bad. We haven’t gotten a chance to ride it yet. Maybe I shouldn’t rush.

Wow. I don’t realize RAT was so bad. We haven’t gotten a chance to ride it yet. Maybe I shouldn’t rush.
It really surprised me. I think it’s a combo of the screen, the glasses, and the all-over movement. It’s not a double-doozy; it’s a triple whammy. (Tbf, it’s only one section, and I know when to close my eyes. But - wow)

Flight of Passage. The ride was designed by a madman and forged by the fires of Hades. Just the worst.
I wasn't expecting this one to be bad, but oh boy - my husband got off with the migraine from hell for the rest of the day

My daughter gets pretty motion sick, and Mission Space is the kids of death for her, even the orange side. She also doesn't care for Star Tours, but surprisingly Smuggler's Run and Flight of Passage she does okay on. I know she's said that if Flight of Passage starts to bother her a little she will take off the glasses for a moment and that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter