Which restaurant did you not like that everyone raves about?

I'm so glad I saw someone post this.....I thought I was the only one. I'll never go back here...horrible food, horrible experience and VERY pricey!

it always depends on who was working the day you go, too! We just tried Garden grill for the first time in September, 2011. Best meal we had the entire trip! The food was cooked perfectly, and we were stuffed by the time we left! Service was awesome! Everything was delicious, and they offered us more refills than we could handle!

Chef Mickey's and Boma.

Us too, the food at Chef Mickey's was okay, nothing special, but it was so crowded (and this was the end of January) that it was like eating in a cafeteria. We much preferred the restaurant size & character interaction at the Garden Grill.

And my DFIL loved Boma but we just didn't eat anything we loved.

Ohana. I simply do not enjoy the whole walk-around-with-already-cooked-food approach to dining. I want a restaurant kitchen to prepare my meal for me. Or at least pretend to!

O'hana tends to be hit and miss as to chewy meat and i'm not a big fan of the sticky wings and the servers are so over-eager to load up your plate I feel I have to fend them off.;) It is a fun experience though, especially with a group and it's the only bread pudding i'll eat - yum.

it's a like not a love kwim? Most of the other restaurants we frequent are among my favs @ WDW.

Chef Mickeys - Loved it the first few times we went, but it has gotten bad. The food is just not good, but I think the atmosphere is a lot of fun!

While I try to find good in most things there(it's vacation after all and you get what you make of things), I have to say Chef Mickey's was just meh. I have no desire to go back-can find better food lots of other places.....and you can "fastpass" to meet the main mouse now anyway!:thumbsup2

Well, after reading this whole thread I think I may have to cancel all my ADR's!:lmao: Let's hope BOG is good! Glad that I did not book Yak and Yeti or Chef Mickey's!

Agree wholeheartedly! We loved Concourse and it's staff!

I cried when I heard the Concourse Steakhouse was closing. Still trying to find a place that is even close to being as good!!!

They replaced it with the Wave:confused3

LTT (Dinner - Aug 2005) - I am believing we caught this restaurant on a bad night. There was a table of 15 behind us that got all of the attention and the food was luke warm, if that. :confused3 We have decided to give it another go in 3 weeks (for lunch this time). Maybe it will be better. :good vibes

Akershus is just a mere shadow of its former glory. For those of you who never got to experience the original form, pre-princess, it had a hot and cold board and you helped yourself to both and the food was wonderful - it was the one restaurant that was not to be missed! We went one time when they changed to princess city and never again - food, atnosphere are all gone!
We also miss the old Akershus. It was always a highlight of our trip. :(

Isn't it strange how much we can find to dislike at WDW? It's odd to read these threads about all of the awful restaurants and resorts and rides and so on.

Le Cellier for us too. Food was fine but like another poster above said, seating was way too close to other diners (I'm talking elbows could touch type close ;))

On one side we had a honeymoon couple and we tried to give them all the privacy we could but I'm sure it wasn't the romantic meal they hoped to have. On the other side was a family with a little boy who kept trying to drive his toy car across my filet mignon :laughing:

We had the same experience at Le Cellier. We were sandwiched in between an elderly couple that kept asking inserting themselves into our conversation and a very young couple that was fighting over the high prices. Apparently they had made the ressie on advice of a family member, but didn't look at the menu or price range. It was very awkward. Finally to stop the fighting my DH said loudly: "This burger is so good and I can't beleive it's only $15". To which the older woman then replyed "oh, I'll have to try that next time" :laughing:

Yowza, I think I've seen every one of our ADRs for our upcoming trip mentioned. We will be trying chefs de France, cape may,, 50s prime time, y&y, and kona for the first time.

I also see lots of our faves: ohana, le cellier, boma, beirgarten, & coral reef.

Our absolute worst experience to date has been chef Mickey. For breakfast food it was not good and half the stuff we put on our plate was cold or inedible. We also waited an extra 30 minutes after we were done to see Mickey and he never came to our table. We had free dining but I would have been furious if I had had to pay $88 for that meal (obviously still upset if I can remember the bill total from a meal we had over 5 years ago).

We also didn't care for crt. We ate there just before they increased it to two credits. The restaurant is beautiful but the service and the food were pretty average.....

I cried when I heard the Concourse Steakhouse was closing. Still trying to find a place that is even close to being as good!!!

They replaced it with the Wave:confused3

SO with you regarding the Concourse Steakhouse. What a disaster closing it.

We won't be going back to LeCellier any time soon. We've eaten there every visit since 2003 and noticed the downslide in service and quality over the years. Last year my daughter and I got sick when we had lunch there, so needless to say it was off our list for this year.

We tried The Biergarten this year for the first time and although we rate the food between meh and I'll pass, we enjoyed the experience and are glad we tried it. I think it's a place everyone should try once.

The #1 restaurant we will NEVER go back to is Tony's. Bad food and bad service and I give that rating after having more than 2 meals there. And what sucks is that Tony's is a gorgeous restaurant and so much foodwise can be done to make it a top notch steakhouse. Alas. that may never happen.

these threads crack me up:rotfl2: I guess everyone has different opinions,for sure!:thumbsup2 many of the ones pp's here have hated,we LOVE.:lovestruc but I agree on Le Cellier- I DO NOT know what the hype is there, we went a few years ago,and were horrified by the high prices and 'meh' food..... I mean when the best thing about dinner is a breadstick,you know it's a bad choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter